Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (121922 Views)

Us-based Nigerian Man Shows Sleeping 'box' Costing $80/8hrs / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2018
LUCAS99:

I already bought mine...

If you don't see me posting again after tonight then you know why...

hahahahaha
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Personally, I don't think Christians should celebrate Halloween, those images of witches, scarecrows, demons and some other dark eerie creatures which are made to look good on the day is not good for Christians(my opinion)
I told a colleague that those things are meant for the farm to scare birds and monkeys, not for decorations.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by veleta: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Please guys,what's the implication of a family member using your child's SSN to file for child benefit?Thanks
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
veleta:
Please guys,what's the implication of a family member using your child's SSN to file for child benefit?Thanks

Bad things.
It is fraud.
This family member can ruin your child's future. The SSN is basically a person's DNA in the US. Not only is the SSN used for benefits but is also used for obtaining credit.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Beautyaddy: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
veleta:

That's is illegal and an act of fraud.

The person needs to be told to stop using the SSN of another person's child and if they don't stop then you might have to report them to IRS.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by TheZed(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
Backfornow:
Anybody buying lotto tickets for tonight's drawing? It's up to 1.6 billion dollars.
i read somewhere online that a ticket sold in South Carolina won the lottery.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by veleta: 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2018
Thanks guys for your prompt reply
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 6:43am On Oct 25, 2018
LUCAS99:

I have no idea but you can go to uscis.gov and check the processing timeframe for California Service Center

And processing times are pretty much useless now. They used to be accurate. Not any more since big orange baby took over. Plus you need unexpired documents.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2018
Anduku:
God Bless President Donald John Trump!!!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspicious-package-found-clintons-home-north-york-city/story?id=58713254

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/24/politics/maxine-waters-suspicious-package/index.html?r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smartnews.com%2F

Trump's America. This is in addition to the other bombs that were discovered intended for Holder, Clinton, Harris, Obama, Soros, CNN and other Democratic figures. Unprecedented violence in this country and he's the catalyst. I was going to ignore your comment but as a black person and African no less, that's a dumb comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs2L2nUL-0

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2018
Dremca:
Jumia recently raised $700m funding from Goldman Sachs making it a unicorn valuing the company at $1.2B. This is an african company being funded by foreign financial company. I can tell you that foreign financial institutions are willing to invest in any viable idea in an emerging market even in the US. They are simply there to make money from ideas.

Maybe this will further expand on what we were telling you some time back Dremca

https://www.businessinsider.com/startups-failed-and-took-14-billion-in-venture-capital-funding-2018-10
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 25, 2018
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/three-nigerian-nationals-living-grambling-and-texas-plead-guilty-roles-marriage-fraud-scheme#.W89RCAlBNZo.facebook

I thought to post this here as a point of discussion and of caution ⚠.

I didn't know things like this get to Fed court and can lead to jail time. I thought it was just deportation.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by AngelicBeing: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2018
salsera:
https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/three-nigerian-nationals-living-grambling-and-texas-plead-guilty-roles-marriage-fraud-scheme#.W89RCAlBNZo.facebook

I didn't know things like this get to Fed court and can lead to jail time. I thought it was just deportation.
Lol, it is a serious offence, each of them might likely get more than 25 years in jail if convicted shocked

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2018
salsera:

You get to serve your time in Federal Prison First and after that you're deported back to Nigeria if you're not yet a United States Citizen.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2018
LUCAS99:

You get to serve your time in Federal Prison First and after that you're deported back to Nigeria if you're not yet a United States Citizen.

Even if you are, it is revoked and buh-bye
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2018
LUCAS99:

And you're a USC? Would they revoke it?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Even if you are, it is revoked and buh-bye

I don't think they would revoke your Citizenship just because you helped an illegal immigrant commit an immigration fraud.

Provided that your Citizenship was obtained in a Legitimate manner it would be extremely difficult to revoke under such circumstance.

Now if you commited a treason like Edward Snowden OR committed a terriorist act like the Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev then the Government has a Strong Basis to revoke your Citizenship.

Ultimately the government will have to present your case to a Federal Judge and the Federal Judge will make a final determination as to whether or not your Citizenship should be revoked based on the Facts & Evidences presented by the Government.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2018
LUCAS99:

I don't think they would revoke your Citizenship just because you helped an illegal immigrant commit an immigration fraud.

Provided that your Citizenship was obtained in a Legitimate manner it would be extremely difficult to revoke under such circumstance.

Now if you commited a treason like Edward Snowden OR committed a terriorist act like the Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev then the Government has a Strong Basis to revoke your Citizenship.

Ultimately the government will have to present your case to a Federal Judge and the Federal Judge will make a final determination as to whether or not your Citizenship should be revoked based on the Facts & Evidences presented by the Government.

Thought you meant the one who obtained through fraud.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 10:31am On Oct 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Thought you meant the one who obtained through fraud.

The one who obtained through fraud can definitely be revoked.

But they all have to go through a process which includes a hearing before a Federal Judge who makes the final determination as to whether or not Citizenship should be revoked.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2018
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
HebronHF:
Hello EgunMogaji, Lucas99 and all, pls how long does it take to get a green card after status adjustment and secondly, can one start adjustment of status with his/her expired Nigerian passport?

If you passed your interview (if there was an interview, my Wife had an interview but they mostly talked about difference issues of finding a safe daycare facility and Nigerian foods grin ), then it should be relatively quick. As in two weeks or so. What they should do there is stamp your passport and/or give you a letter. This is a fluid situation though due to the nutcase that inhabits the White House for now.

The validity of your foreign passport is not dependent on your green card, they are now separate instruments. You are not applying for a visa but for permission to reside and work in the USA.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
There are two classes of citizens in the USA, natural citizens and naturalized citizens.

Natural Citizens are born in the USA or (no and) to US citizens anywhere in the world. Even if you were born in Ijebu Ekiti in 2018 and your Dad is a US citizen that returned to Nigeria after studying in Duluth, Ohio in 1960. You are a US citizen. Your citizenship can NEVER be revoked but you can renounce it.

Naturalized Citizens are not born in the USA or to US citizens and have to go through some formalities which includes swearing and oath ceremony.

Naturalized Citizens are subject to loosing their citizenship if they commit some narrow offenses. Crimes of moral turpitude is high on the list.

The US immigration system have been unleashed in recent times due to the nut job in the White House. Citizens are being denied passports and have to prove their citizenship (mostly along the Mexican border), some Citizens are arrested/detained at border entries and taken to jail for deportation.

Be good.

5 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:
There are two classes of citizens in the USA, natural citizens and naturalized citizens.

Natural Citizens are born in the USA or (no and) or to US citizens anywhere in the world. Even if you were born in Ijebu Ekiti and your Dad is a US citizen that returned to Nigeria after studying in Duluth, Ohio in 1960. You are a US citizen. Your citizenship can NEVER be revoked but you can denounce it.

Naturalized Citizens are not born in the USA or to US citizens and have to go through some formalities which includes swearing and oath ceremony.

Naturalized Citizens are subject to loosing their citizenship if they commit some narrow offenses. Crimes of moral turpitude is high on the list.

The US immigration system have been unleashed in recent times due to the nut job in the White House. Citizens are being denied passports and have to prove their citizenship (mostly along the Mexican border), some Citizens are arrested/detained at border entries and taken to jail for deportation.

Be good.

Does the same logic apply to a child born to a US citizen and Nigerian parent in regards to Nigerian citizenship? Does the child have automatic Nigerian citizenship?

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
Backfornow:

Does the same logic apply to a child born to a US citizen and Nigerian parent in regards to Nigerian citizenship? Does the child have automatic Nigerian citizenship?

Yes it does.

My children with my ex Wife (US/UK citizen) have three passports, US, UK and Nigeria. They’ve never been to UK or Nigeria. They just had to prove citizenship via parent. My last born (4 year old born in the US) has both US and Nigerian passport which she got in person in Agodi, Ibadan.

Not all countries offer dual citizenship and some can only come from a mother or some such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Yes it does.

My children with my ex Wife (UK/UK citizen) have three passports, US, UK and Nigeria. They’ve never been to UK or Nigeria. They just had to prove citizenship via parent. My last born (4 year old born in the US) has both US and Nigerian passport which she got in person in Agodi, Ibadan.

Not all countries offer dual citizenship and some can only come from a mother or some such nonsense.

You've started again wink

As recently as last year, my Jamaican friend got her green card in the mail SIX WEEKS after her interview. Like I said, time lines are now just a suggestion sad

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
radautoworks:

You've started again wink

As recently as last year, my Jamaican friend got her green card in the mail SIX WEEKS after her interview. Like I said, time lines are now just a suggestion sad

It's just so sad seeing things change for the worse right before my eyes and the Republicans are laughing it up and the Democrats are powerless.

I can't wait to cash my chips in and flee.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 26, 2018
veleta:
Nigerians do this fraud a lot thinking no one knows. Bad news is that the authorities know but will keep on watching you. Too many crimes to be busy with but trust me, the day you'll be involved in a bigger issue, those files will be opened up and used against you.

5 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 1:29am On Oct 26, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It's just so sad seeing things change for the worse right before my eyes and the Republicans are laughing it up and the Democrats are powerless.

I can't wait to cash my chips in and flee.

Have you voted yet?

Do you think the Democrats can regain control of both the House & Senate come November 6th 2018?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 26, 2018
LUCAS99:

Have you voted yet?

Do you think the Democrats can regain control of both the House & Senate come November 6th 2018?

I’m not voting for personal reasons.

I’ll be surprised, very surprised if the dems take control.

We’ve never had a President like him.

He once said that he can shoot someone in the middle of Central Park and he’ll still become president. I actually believe this now.

We’ll see.

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2018
Hahaha.....Trump to end birthright citizenship through executive order..
Can it get worse than this??... This is just the begining and to think some of us Africans who are main beneficiaries of this type of policy voted for this man ehn,let's enjoy the ride.
Another election is here,I believe African Americans can make the difference if they don't sit idle and watch but come out to vote.

CC

Egunmogaji.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Yeah. Got notification of this idiocy at 5am. I don't think he can legally do it through executive order and it will be challenged. It's a constitutional right so can't be "trumped" grin by executive order.

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
Hahaha.....Trump to end birthright citizenship through executive order..
Can it get worse than this??... This is just the begining and to think some of us Africans who are main beneficiaries of this type of policy voted for this man ehn,let's enjoy the ride.
Another election is here,I believe African Americans can make the difference if they don't sit idle and watch but come out to vote.

CC

Egunmogaji.

It definitely can and will get worse because Trump will unfortunately get a second term.

Pence is rumored to actually be worse than Trump if that’s humanly possible. At least towards immigration and civil right.

But I do support this his initiative though.

The child of a citizen and that of a foreigner should never have the same legal right. US is one of the few industrialized country that still does this. It’ll put a quick end to pregnancy tourism by Chinese and others. I’m in full bore support of this.

May be it’ll force impoverished countries like Nigeria to rethink our medical facilities.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It definitely can and will get worse because Trump will unfortunately get a second term.

Pence is rumored to actually be worse than Trump if that’s humanly possible. At least towards immigration and civil right.

But I do support this his initiative though.

The child of a citizen and that of a foreigner should never have the same legal right. US is one of the few industrialized country that still does this. It’ll put a quick end to pregnancy tourism by Chinese and others. I’m in full bore support of this.

May be it’ll force impoverished countries like Nigeria to rethink our medical facilities.

Finally something we disagree on!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply)

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.