Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (55600 Views)

SPOTLIGHT: Lt Colonel Bello, The Man Who Led Lekki Massacre And Shunned Judicial / Yahaya Bello: The Unending Controversy Of Salary Backlogs / Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by Folksyharry(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2018
donbachi:
The wealth of a criminal,is not measured by his armoury.but,by the weakness of his powerless victims....stop celebrating thieves...whose wealths came,preying on us.
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by Cris955(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] There is no doubt that he is rich i think he is also from a rich family.. But he is also useing the money mentt for You and I to boost his own acct.. I dont think the wealth of governors should be examined.
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by TundeBricklayer: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2018
Mr Peter Obi

Fidelity bank
Technoil
Next cash and Carry international
One of the owner palm malls across Nigeria
Major shareholder intafact beverages limited and other investment across Nigeria and beyond

1 Like

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2018
dukie25:
Richest ex-governor is Tinubu by a mile.
Tinubu is richer than some west African countries
Same Tinubu who arrived as governor with a beat up Peugeot 505.

He is now flying and owning the latest Jet. Niceeeeeee
..i can bet with my life.tinubu stole more than Abacha did.
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by afroniger: 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
bigpicture001:
..i can bet with my life.tinubu stole more than Abacha did.

shocked shocked With your life?? O'boy, you no even fear. Oya, curse yourself say if no be as you talk am, make e no better for you and your lineage, while Tinubu and his own will keep prospering, amen. grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by Jadsy01(f): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Jadsy01:

https://olatorera.com/who-is-the-richest-governor-in-nigeria/
Greatest Thieves- Top 10 Looters In The History Of Nigeria by Jadsy01: 12:54pm On Jul 27
It is pertinent to note that these men took advantage of their positions in office to divert public funds to their private purses. Some of these looters still decide how things are run in Nigeria as they have influence over things in Nigeria.Let us avoid voting them into office or endorsing any of their candidates.

Gen Abdusalami Abubakar

Although he transferred power back to Olusegun Obasanjo on 29, May 1999, he looted a lot of money from Nigeria’s treasury. It was said that he looted 1.31bn pounds, 2.33bn Swiss franc and 800M USD. After General Sani Abacha died, he took over and it was during Abubakar’s regime that Nigeria adopted the 1999 constitution.

Gen Sani Abacha

In Nigeria’s history, he was termed a dictator who never valued human rights. The money he looted while in power was difficult to put together as more facts of the money Abacha’s stole still emerges today. He looted 9.01bn pounds, 4.09bn Swiss franc, 800M USD, and 3.01M Deutschmark. He was the de facto Military head of state of Nigeria and reigned from 1993 to 1998 after he overthrew IBB.

Mohammed Abacha

Just like his father, he too was involved in looting funds from Nigeria treasury during his father’s regime. He is the eldest surviving son of the late Dani Abacha’s. He looted 300M pounds, 1.2bn Swiss franc, 150M USD, and 535M Deutschmark.

Gen. Jerry Useni

He was a Lt. General in the Nigerian Army and was once the appointed minister responsible for the administration of the Federal Capital Territory under Sani Abacha military regime. He served in other political positions. He looted 3.04bn Pounds, 2.01bn Swiss franc, 1.01bn USD, and 900M Deutschmark.

Alh Ismaila Gwarzo

Under Abacha’s military rule, Ismaila was the National Security Adviser. He was a senior police officer until his retirement. He looted 1.03bn pounds, 2.00bn Swiss franc, 1.3bn USD, and 700M Deutschmark.

Ibrahim Babaginda

Babangida has been stealing money since the civil war and is always very discreet about where he kept the loot. It has been almost impossible for anyone to come up with a total of Babangida's money; no wonder, he has never come up on the Forbes rich list. However, as of 1999, Babangida had $24.67 billion in Western banks alone. According to the Financial Times, in a confidential report submitted to President Olusegun Obasanjo by the World Bank, the breakdown of the money traced is as follows:

London: £6.25 billion
Switzerland: $7.41 billion
USA: $2.00 billion
Germany: Dm 9.00 billion

Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Tinubu also known as the largest landlord of Lagos The annexe of the Lagos State Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja was bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million, purportedly to protect the main house from a security breach. Shortly after Tinubu left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before leaving office. The 250-hectares of land valued at about N35 billion and strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa Local Government but was acquired by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Limited – a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu – to develop as Royal Garden Housing Estate at the expense of the taxpayers of Lagos. The 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75 billion located at Lakowe, near Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area and given to Lekki Concession Company, which is partly owned by Tinubu and Fashola, is being developed as a golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Limited as ADIVA project. To mention a few.

Rochas Okocha
Current Governor of Imo state is also a certified thief. He looted 16 Billion Naira Imo 13 percent oil derivation funds in 3 years. Imo State has become one of the most unequal societies in the world, with the richest 20% of Imolites getting 55.7% of the state’s total income while the poorest 20% are left to struggle for just 4.4%. Currently, Imo faces gargantuan problems in all areas of socio-economic and political endeavours. The State has further nosedived under the Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s government, lower than any other time since 1999. In every area you look at the only conclusion you will come to is that the Okorocha’s government has failed Imo people resoundingly.

James Ibori
Former Delta State Governor James Ibori rise from DIY store worker to an international playboy with a £250m fortune is the stuff of dreams. There was also a property in Dorset, a £3.2m mansion in South Africa and further real estate in Nigeria. He owned a fleet of armoured Range Rovers costing £600,000 and a £120,000 Bentley. On one of his trips to London he bought a Mercedes Maybach for more than £300,000 at a dealer on Park Lane and immediately shipped it to South Africa. He bought a private jet for £12m, spent £126,000 a month on his credit cards and ran up a £15,000 bill for a two-day stay at the Lanesborough hotel in London. Prosecutor Sasha Wass told the court Ibori concealed his UK criminal record, which would have excluded him from office in Nigeria.

Visit: www.olatorera.com for more articles

http://olatorera.com/greatest-thieves-top-5-looters-in-the-history-of-nigeria/
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by MartinCorridon: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
post=70325199:
Knowing if he is the richest or not makes no changes.

It doesn’t matter about money; having it, not having it. Or having clothes, or not having them. You’re still left alone with yourself in the end.

It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.

The real measure of money is how much you will be worth when the money goes away.

Great comment. Just simply ignore the guy desperate for your attention. Seen him on the 2nd thread doing just that.

is he the one you crushed recently? grin...his profile was registered 15th August, yesterday. That looks suspicious
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
dukie25:

Ignorant fool. Tinubu was a Senator before becoming a governor. And he was a Director of Mobil Producing. His mother Abubat Mogadishu was a very rich woman. And go and ready the role Tinubu played in Bode George marriage in the 70s. Tinubu no be today man o

2 Likes

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Great comment. Just simply ignore the guy desperate for your attention. Seen him on the 2nd thread doing just that.

is he the one you crushed recently? grin
We don't even know if this one shouting upandan exist or not, but the other one you are talking about must be JULIUS BEGGAR (as u don help us give am name, lol cheesy).
Different folks here.
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by MartinCorridon: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2018
post=70328015:

We don't even know if this one shouting upandan exist or not, but the other one you are talking about must be JULIUS BEGGAR (as u don help us give am name, lol cheesy).
Different folks here.

But what i find strange is that he registered yday and his sole goal is to comment on all your posts
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
MartinCorridon:

But what i find strange is that he registered yday and his sole goal is to comment on all your posts
I and sarrki actually.
We know who he is.
Nuff said.
We don't talk about nonentity that doesn't matter to us.
Take care man.
Nice day .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by ebenholer(m): 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
To me the ranking in wealth should have been based on the numbers of lives being positively influenced by us not other way round
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
fk001:
The guy is young and rich

I hope his is working for his people.
Lol, someone who this year famously said: "I made no campaign promises, so Nigerlites should not expect anything from me"

1 Like

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by ebbo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
kindnyce:
You might not be far from the truth.
The family controls a large oil well amongst other things.
Mind you, he is in-law to DANGOTE

That is not truth, he is married to the daughter of former military president abdulsalam abubakar

1 Like

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by kindnyce(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
ebbo:

That is not truth, he is married to the daughter of former military president abdulsalam abubakar

I never said he did.
I said an in-law to dangote because his brother is married to Dangote's daughter.
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by ttmax09(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
fk001:
The guy is young and rich

I hope his is working for his people.
If we are to mention top 3 worst performing governors, his name will come up just running a family n friends goverment

1 Like

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by iluvdonjazzy: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
dukie25:

Tinubu is the richest politician in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by bobnatlo(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2018
kindnyce:
You might not be far from the truth.
The family controls a large oil well amongst other things.
Mind you, he is in-law to DANGOTE
I think he's son-in-law to Gen Abdusalam Abubakar
Re: Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? by toprealman: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2019
dukie25:

You missed the gist bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Obasanjo Gyrating With Members Of Kegite Club Of Nigeria / Drone Used In Monitoring Olusegun Osoba's House That Was Discovered. / Blasphemy: Arrest Pastor Akintaro Joshua Ojo Now – MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.