Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Here Is Why You Should Create A Website For Your Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Here Is Why You Should Create A Website For Your Business In Nigeria (252 Views)

Why You Should Create Your Own Online Course? / Why You Should Create Your Own Online Course In 2020 / Here Is Why You Should Create A Business Website For That Growing Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Why You Should Create A Website For Your Business In Nigeria by dapsdiary(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Are you a business owner and you have wondered why you should create a website for your business in Nigeria? Perhaps you are bothered because you are a small business owner, don’t worry in this post I’ll show you exactly why you should create a website for your business.

Nigeria has one of the biggest market in Africa, no credible/wise brand targets Africa and rule out the Nigerian market. Would you expect anything less from the most populous black nation on earth? Whether you are a small business owner or not, I’ll tell you why you should create a website for you business today.

We have a huge market, nothing more! Worse case, we are a consuming nation. Everything sells in Nigeria. If you have issues selling in the Nigerian market then you probably are not doing your homework well.

The level of internet accessibility and penetration in Nigeria is overwhelming – One of the largest internet user in Africa, I feel we just began this journey in Nigeria. Another thing worthy of mention is the level of obsession of the social media especially among the Nigerian youths. This is changing the business environment in Nigeria completely. Well, It’s really a global phenomenon.

Before I lost you completely, the intention of this post is to tell you why creating your own website for business is right thing to do. Alright! Let’s get started. This is now the trend – every serious business now wants to pitch their products and services right before their buyers or potential customers – this customers spend less time now on television, radio, magazines and other traditional means of marketing. They spend all of their time on the internet, especially on social media and their choicest blogs and websites. This is why Google and Facebook especially are becoming the strongest brands in the world – they make serious money from ads on their platforms.

I know there are several reasons listed on the internet why creating your own website for business is important, I won’t be joining the rat race, I’ll share very important few tips from personal experiences why you should consider to create a website for your business today especially if you are in Nigeria.

To create a website Isn’t much expensive anymore:
Yes! This is true, even though I believe it can negate the reality out there. But the truth is that you do not need to hire the biggest web design agency to design your business website – they are charging you more for their brand than for the website. I am a professional website designer and developer so I am qualified to say this. There are several website designer like myself that are targeting small and medium scale businesses like yours. The problem starts when you try to hire top brands and their quote is unrealistic for your business. I design the best websites at the cheapest – you can checkout my previous work using this link http://services.dapsdigital.com or just call 08032502708. We workout easy plans, as far as hosting you on our server till you are able to buy your own hosting account. You cannot beat that.�

Your business stops being invisible:
I know how hard it is to start a business and you just realize you are invisible. You have heard about the big market opportunity in Nigeria and you want to harness it. Somehow you have the right the product/services but no one pays enough attention. This is painful! �Hey, here is where you got it wrong! YOU ARE INVISIBLE. You wonder despite sharing your gigs or pitching your products/services on your social media handles. Here is another truth, you are pitching a good product to people who do not need it. Today, more and more consumers in Nigeria use the internet to search for the products or services they need. Your small business will be visible and also gain credibility by having a business website. Without one, potential customers will go to your competitors that do. If you already have a website but it is “home-made”, having it professionally redesigned will provide your business with a professional image which will inspire even greater confidence.��

Your business website can affect your pricing:
Studying business in the University of Jos is a blessing I’m grateful for always. I understand the concept of branding and how it is important in business. The other day I told a friend who is an MC after checking his Instagram page and I saw his gigs, immediately I advised him to create a website for his business, after offering him a good deal he was ready to have a website. Cutting the long story short, after the website, when people visited his page and they got a link to make bookings on his website, they also see him use professional emails (like mine: mail@dapsdigital.com), that did not only made him look more professional but affected his pricing up to 100%. People couldn’t price is services less because of the aura of professionalism that emanates from him. We love that branding and we are ready to pay for it in Nigeria.

Your business website improves customer service:

Maybe you sell environmentally friendly products and would like to share tips on how to recycle, or perhaps you’re an accountant and want to give your clients advice on how to simplify their bookkeeping practices. By including a FAQ page, adding articles or uploading newsletters to answer all your customers’ questions you can keep them up-to-date. What better way to provide them with value added service than by sharing information on your website. The good thing is that this also save you time, you do not need to always have to answer every client who need some information – you have them already on your website. This will allow you focus more on major things rather than being distracted by minor things.

Y[b]our business website provides social proof:[/b]
Social proof is a big deal in Nigeria as far as consumers are concerned. It’s a typical consumer behavior to always want to get value for their money. What business owners must know today is that marketing has gone way more than what you tell potential customers about your products/services. What sells more is what other people who have used your products/services can say about it. I’d believe more if I see someone used a product and testify to it. Your websites makes you available online for reviews. There are several review blogs and websites right here in Nigeria ready to review products for their readers – not having a website rule you out of that. Social proof even happen on a website now, sellers encourage buyers to leave a positive review of their products on their website, companies also publicly displaying what their customers are saying about them on their websites. These have validated more businesses in Nigeria.��

Your business website help you automate sales:
What can be more important for a business than to automate sales for your business. Instead of always trying to sell directly to new and old customers every time, why not allow your website do that? For example: I have a store on my website https://dapsdiary.com, people randomly visit the store and they can purchase from me without my input. They select which products they need, pay online and even get a receipt online – all automated! This is something you want to consider. Even if you don’t sell products, people can book and also pay for your services on your website. Like I said in my first point above, you do not need to spend a fortune to have this type of website in Nigeria, talk to me and get a good quote for your business at http://services.dapsdigital.com

Digital marketing is a developing trend in Nigeria, hurry before it gets saturated:
I have friends in India, America and Canada and the level of competition in the digital marketing world over there is highly competitive. Almost all businesses compete online, it will still take us some more years to get to that level of competition in Nigeria. It is wise to have a website now and start ranking for relevant keywords – thereby establishing your authority over the internet before all your competitors, if you are one of the ones left behind, it is not too late to join. The truth is that is the final destination every business is going in Nigeria. The internet has just come to stay. I have few clients in the UK and I see how important a website is to their businesses, it is even more important than having an office. People visit websites more often than an office.

Conclusion:
If you have a business in Nigeria right now, you should consider to create a website today. Whether you are an artisan, you own a school, hospital, etc. And if cost has been a challenge and you have an “home-made” crappy looking business website, you should consider a professional website today, that might be all the difference in the competition.

I hope I have made you see why you should create a website for your business in Nigeria and if I have not, I guess you probably do not take your business serious.�

Failing to have a website would be a mistake as big as failing to have a phone in pre-Internet days.

source: https://dapsdigital.com/create-website-business-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

The Insider Secrets Of Setting Up An Information Marketing Empire / How To Create Additional Passive Income Stream / Partnership Needed For An Already Functional Recruiting Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.