Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos (33408 Views)

‘It Was Pleasant’ – Obasanjo Hails Air Peace After Lagos-To-London Flight / LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit / Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by DeepSight(m): 9:20am On Nov 17, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I'm expecting someone to come and say "Nigeria will be better". Yes I mean you deepsight.

Given time, its inevitable.

The problem is simply that some shallow fellows here cant adjust to the fact that that may not be in our lifetime.

Little do they know the many generations of people in those advanced countries they now hanker after, who have had to live and die in hopeless squalor to build those nations into what they are today.

Little do they know.

You'd better buckle up and brace yourself.
Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
bizzibodi18:

Hahaha, roads of how many kilometres brother, problem of how many years?
If you're a Christian then I shouldn't bother trying to explain how long it took a whole God to right the "less-than-one-minutes" wrongs of Adam and Eve... By the way among those screaming the four-year taggline are those who had the privilege of ruling for sixteen good years and opposing for four years, yet they can't point at something tangible they've achieved in the twenty years..... If APC had opposed this way, they wouldn't have smelled second party..... That same part APC towed should be towed by any other political arrangement; delivery of free education to the masses, delivery of good road networks and beautification, these are APC ideologies that have come to stay, and these fundamentals have been responsible for the party's success. How about the PDP, what policies and ideologies have they been able to establish or identify with since inception and claims to be Africa's largest political party? In addition, if today I discover a fresh party that has focus and can make its unpopular self popular with "hardwork" and not scam, honestly I'll join and expend all of my resources in making it work!

Read your post again, it doesn't make any sense. Keep on fighting for politicians. Thank God we're all using the roads, so you're not immune to the issue at hand. Even if your father has helicopters, you can't take them everywhere every time.

You've not been outside this country, that's why you can spew all that bullocks. A road project with adequate funding, especially in a bustling ''mega city'' like Lagos will take only a few weeks to complete. Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria and arguably the richest, but you don't know all these things, just APC vs. PDP. Hide your face!
Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by africantycoon: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Even after the construction who will run it. The track / wayside staff want to run to UK. The train driver and conductor want to run to United States. The fare collector wants to extort from you. The cursed descendants of Ham never ceases to amaze me wiv dis wishful thinking. Rail will never work in Nigeria. Even the passengers all want to run to Canada/ Ukraine. Shameless black fools.
Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by bizzibodi18: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
germanized:

Read your post again, it doesn't make any sense. Keep on fighting for politicians. Thank God we're all using the roads, so you're not immune to the issue at hand. Even if your father has helicopters, you can't take them everywhere every time.

You've not been outside this country, that's why you can spew all that bullocks. A road project with adequate funding, especially in a bustling ''mega city'' like Lagos will take only a few weeks to complete. Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria and arguably the richest, but you don't know all these things, just APC vs. PDP. Hide your face!

Oga, its you who hasn't been making any sense at all! All you're trying to do is to put APC in the bad books and that's reason why my response to you looks like I'm defending the APC..... Back to the topic, the Op was comparing National projects with State projects and I tried to correct that, since all the nations mentioned above achieved those projects through a UN loan, mind you, World Bank and IMF have conditions in which they'd grant political entities loans, for which a state must secure the approval of its highest level of government before it can be granted a loan. Now tell me about how Lagos state has been funding its projects in comparison to how the above mentioned countries did theirs and show us how related both are before we can buy your story.
Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
bizzibodi18:

Oga, its you who hasn't been making any sense at all! All you're trying to do is to put APC in the bad books and that's reason why my response to you looks like I'm defending the APC..... Back to the topic, the Op was comparing National projects with State projects and I tried to correct that, since all the nations mentioned above achieved those projects through a UN loan, mind you, World Bank and IMF have conditions in which they'd grant political entities loans, for which a state must secure the approval of its highest level of government before it can be granted a loan. Now tell me about how Lagos state has been funding its projects in comparison to how the above mentioned countries did theirs and show us how related both are before we can buy your story.

And your own pain is that I'm putting APC in the bad books? Have I there absolved the PDP of any blame?

Bros use your no.6! I don't care about any political party except the ones in power. If they're tired of governing, let othrrs take over. The world is leaving Nigeria behind.
Re: Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos by bizzibodi18: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
germanized:

And your own pain is that I'm putting APC in the bad books? Have I there absolved the PDP of any blame?

Yes Mister, you have honestly speaking. In the first place, I doubt it if you're in the right position to tell me about politics, haven read you over and over. You putting PDP in the same category with the APC is quite unfortunate to say the least.... PDP in professional terms has been a failure both in practical and theory! Else we wouldn't be in the mess we are today, it has also failed to help or contribute positivelyto the country's growth and development in the past four years, meaning its a failure both as an incumbent and as an opposition. Lastly, it has been able to create more problems than even the APC within the last four years, by hindering the effectiveness of good government policies sponsoring fake news, hate speechesand general hatred among the Nigerian people, all to defame its biggest opponent the APC and totally neglected its primary assignment of serving the people through its numerous political offices; deputy senate president, senators, reps governors etc, until towards the end of their tenures, whereas it was able to put the incumbent on its heels the whole four years, as if that would provide jobs for the average Nigerian or put food on their tables....... The APC on the other hand with its many flaws (which I wouldn't act blind to) played opposition differently, today its also playing its incumbent role better. All I can do is encourage them to try harder and perform better, thereby laying good foundation for growing political parties and showing the better example. With time we'll surely get there.

germanized:

Bros use your no.6! I don't care about any political party except the ones in power. If they're tired of governing, let othrrs take over. The world is leaving Nigeria behind.

I can assure you brother, you're the one who isn't making use of his no 6! You know why? Because you don't care about any political parties, except the ones in power! By that it means you actually do not need a solution to this country's problems. Speaking exactly like a PDP head. In essence, you're trying to tell me that Nigeria cannot come up any candidates better than Buhari or Atiku, because their parties are the ones in power! You really do not wish for a healthy competition between our political parties, do you? I doubt if you also wish that these political parties would someday be relegated, giving space for well organised, coordinated and idealistic political parties who would be able to navigate the country properly and put us on the global map, not all of this APC, PDP crap. The reason I'm supporting APC over and above PDP is simply because Nigeria needs to be totally free from the fangs of those blood sucking demons.... Meanwhile, only the APC is fit and equipped for the job, at the completion of this mission, Nigeria would be handed over to the right set of people who are sophisticated enough to carry us along.

The problem a lot of Nigerians like you are making is that the world didn't just leave us behind today, its been decades and that's why we clamoured for a change in 2015...... Four years is definitely not enough for us to get ourselves back on fit and stagger on towards a better future, especially when we are still under the influence of the PDP like a spell!

1,000 Vehicles Trapped In Kaduna As Youths Barricade Road - Photos / Bus Plunges 220ft Into China River After Passenger-Driver Fight, Killing All 15 / UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians