Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. (9127 Views)

When They Ask Me Why I Don't Think The Bible Is A Perfect Book, I Show Them This / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
jesmond3945:
If the bible was treated or studied with logic I would have discarded it a long time ago because as far as am concerned it doesn't make sense to me but when you read the bible with an incomprehensible means of belief, 100% without doubt that's when the bible will make sense to you. Do you know that in Lev 22:4b the bible talked about masturbation. It took me 30 years of my life to know this. Do you also in the book of Luke the bible forecasted about the reign of Isis and jihad it took me 27 years of my life to know this. There are so many things I can't mention here. The Bible is truly the word of God
Why are you doubting the Greeks Gods stories.

I can state out comic books and cartoons that predicted the future. The Simpsons is an example.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

if there is one thing that atheism is guaranteed to lead too, it is freedom from morality.
Really!? I'm an atheist. And I'm not free to behave immorally! If I was, no one would want to know or associate with me, and some do.

You sir, are therefore wrong!

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Dalamama: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

THIS IS PROVE ENOUGH THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BIBLE.

For your information Solomon's temple was destroyed and i know you won't even make attempt to go Israel to go and see things for yourself
you will just stay in your room saying nonesense and waiting for God to come down and greet you. smh!

That's the point. Your God's temple was destroyed abi? You believe in Jewish mythology and you are here blabbing nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by enilove(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
enilove:

The time is coming when you will regret allowing yourself to be fooled by the devil.

Most of your are are not wise and you believe the devil rather than God.

Things the Bible says would happen 2000 years ago are gradually unfolding in your eyes now and you cannot to reason and understand it.

Revelation 13:16-18 KJV
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This was recorded in the Bible when there was no banking system and when there was no technology to tell man about biometrics.

It is known facts that the two most secured ways of identifying individuals are :

Finger prints identifications and retina or Iris identifications.

That is , the chips would be implanted in the right hand or in the forehead as the Bible says .
I hope you people remembered the Obama health care bill which would only be enjoyed by those who have received the chips in their hands ?

What about the talk on cashless policies ?

With the advent of these various technologies , non would need to carry cash any longer which would make everyone controllable by the government and those in authorities.

If you can reason deep , you will never call the Bible "any book" like other books again.

Awaiting replies on this .
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
You don't need to attack the person of the OP with abusive words(ad hominem), counter his argument.

I can sit down and write more advanced and civilized unique book than your fairytale Bible.

Then what are you waiting for start writing!
and make sure you use real people and locations
"if you say there was a was a incredibly tall tree pointing to the skies on the center of amazon forest"

make sure you plant it

"which all americans worship"

make sure this is true!

"and it gave birth to a nation whose king will fall from heaven in so so years to come."
then make this come true.

it painful that most people who condemns the bible knows little about it history.
this is a book that has to do with real people! real nations! real location!
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dalamama:

That's the point. Your God's temple was destroyed abi? You believe in Jewish mythology and you are here blabbing nonsense.
First of all if you study the bible you will see God allows his temple to be destroy.
Secondly the picture you posted show your ignorance.
Will you guys ever study the history of the bible before you start saying junks.
If you did you should know it scripture wasn't always in a book form.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

Then what are you waiting for start writing!
and make sure you use real people and locations
"if you say there was a was a incredibly tall tree pointing to the skies on the center of amazon forest"

make sure you plant it

"which all americans worship"

make sure this is true!

"and it gave birth to a nation whose king will fall from heaven in so so years to come."
then make this come true.
I don't need to write about mythologies like donkey talking or some horses flying to the sky, my book will contain Science, discoveries, technology, cosmology, medics, it will predict the future!

it painful that most people who condemns the bible knows little about it history.
this is a book that has to do with real people! real nations! real location!
No, it's painful that you believe in myths that is filled in the bible.

Tell me, is Moses real and existed in Egypt, if yes, show me archeological evidence.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
budaatum:

This is a clear misunderstanding of the Bible!

God, in it's infinitesimal wisdom, knows that you must see before you can 'believe'. If God didn't know that already, God wouldn't have bothered coming in the flesh, or sent you it's only begotten son so that you can see and hence 'believe'
nah... you can't really get the bible without believing.
try reading hebrews 11

and that not why God sent his son to us please click
here for reasons smiley
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by orisa37: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
A Child who does not know or want to know how his father died............
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Dalamama: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

First of all if you study the bible you will see God allows his temple to be destroy.
Secondly the picture you posted show your ignorance.
Will you guys ever study the history of the bible before you start saying junks.
If you did you should know it scripture wasn't always in a book form.

People imagine the stories and wrote it down. That's the point. Everything about the history of the bible shows that it's a man made book just like any other book.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
I don't need to write about mythologies like donkey talking or some horses flying to the sky, my book will contain Science, discoveries, technology, cosmology, medics, it will predict the future!

No, it's painful that you believe in myths that is filled in the bible.

Tell me, is Moses real and existed in Egypt, if yes, show men archeological evidence.
We don't need to go that far.
If you want archeological evidence you can first start with visiting the tomb of jesus. Going to the ruins of the temple.

the question you asked is like saying if hiltler is real show me his skull.

Even if you see his skull or not it doesn't change it existence.

the problem with you atheists are is that you are not willing to believe!
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by hopefulLandlord: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:
I DO
Educate us
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by hopefulLandlord: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
Is there any archeological evidence Moses existed in Egypt?

Tosin116, don't dodge this question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Educate us
Lets start off with this...

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2018
budaatum:

Really!? I'm an atheist. And I'm not free to behave immorally! If I was, no one would want to know or associate with me, and some do.

I'm not implying that atheists have to be immoral. what I mean is that there is nothing holding an atheist back if he chooses to be immoral. they are free from morality in the sense that they are not under any moral code except the one they set for themselves.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dalamama:

Where is the temple Solomon built? Where is it? The pyramids of Giza and valley of the kings are older than the Temple Solomon built. They are still standing while Solomon's mythical temple has no physical location. Nobody knows where it is or has ever seen it.

Solomon's temple like most things inside the bible are mythical and fictional.

this is the height of dishonesty.

Solomon's temple is an historical fact. Just search google if you are unsure.

not to mention that this is a red herring. you are off point.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Tosin116, don't dodge this question
lemme make something clear
[center] JESUS IS GREATER THAN MOSES Heb 3:3[/center]

you can ask a Jewish man to defend his believe in Moses. As a christian i'm more interested in Jesus.

Thanks! wink
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Dalamama: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

this is the height of dishonesty.

Solomon's temple is an historical fact. Just search google if you are unsure.

not to mention that this is a red herring. you are off point.

Solomon'a temple is NOT a historical fact. It's is just a biblical mythological tale. There is no evidence for it outside the bible. No archeological evidence for it at all.

"There is no archaeological evidence for the existence of Solomon's Temple, and the building is not mentioned in surviving extra-biblical accounts.[20] Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman argue that the first Jewish temple in Jerusalem was not built until the end of the 7th century BCE, around three hundred years after Solomon.[20] They believe the temple should not really be assigned to Solomon, who they see as little more than a small-time hill country chieftain, and argue that it was most likely built by Josiah, who governed Judah from 639 to 609 BCE".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_Temple
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
budaatum:

I guess the reason why you are not behaving immorally is because of the constituted authority.
One day when you don't care about what people think of you anymore we will see how you fare.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Niflheim(m): 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
@tintingz,

You are so correct!!! Many cartoons and comics predicted the future, so I do not know what the big deal about the bible is all about!!!

This is the link:.........................................https://kotaku.com/the-2020-tokyo-olympics-were-predicted-30-years-ago-by-1276381444

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dalamama:

Solomon'a temple is NOT a historical fact. It's is just a biblical mythological tale. There is no evidence for it outside the bible. No archeological evidence for it at all.

"There is no archaeological evidence for the existence of Solomon's Temple, and the building is not mentioned in surviving extra-biblical accounts.[20] Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman argue that the first Jewish temple in Jerusalem was not built until the end of the 7th century BCE, around three hundred years after Solomon.[20] They believe the temple should not really be assigned to Solomon, who they see as little more than a small-time hill country chieftain, and argue that it was most likely built by Josiah, who governed Judah from 639 to 609 BCE".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_Temple

Because of the religious sensitivities involved, and the politically volatile situation in Jerusalem, only limited archaeological surveys of the Temple Mount have been conducted. No archaeological excavations have been allowed on the Temple Mount during modern times. Therefore, there are very few pieces of archaeological evidence for the existence of Solomon's Temple
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon%2527s_Temple&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjBkbXVmfTcAhVDDOwKHQ2sCXgQFjAKegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1xqILQS6yHjhAnTllCTZqB

so because of your belief that the Bible is a myth, you believe Israel never had a first temple.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
Niflheim:
@tintingz,

You are so correct!!! Many cartoons and comics predicted the future, so I do not know what the big deal about the bible is all about!!!

This is the link:.........................................https://kotaku.com/the-2020-tokyo-olympics-were-predicted-30-years-ago-by-1276381444

I wonder what's so special about an ancient fairy book prophecies or predictions of some future possibilities, I mean there are prophecies that failed in the so called perfect holy book but these people won't see that they will be fine-printing the ones that suit them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

It think it will be good for the benefit of all nairalanders that atheists stop making Christians victims of their attack and could instead start by saying
The koran is just a... lipsrsealed
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

If you want archeological evidence you can first start with visiting the tomb of jesus. Going to the ruins of the temple.

Archeological evidence can be anything linked to a person's physical existence or sites, since you're so sure Moses lived in Egypt, why not provide archeological evidences of prince of Egypt?

You talk about believe, so by your logic @bolded so even if we didn't see someones archeological evidence the person still exist right? So we can say Spider man, Luke Cage existed if we're to believe.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by jokerr(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

Thread not trend

So lessons is that stop opening useless thread
no one needs to know your views in otherwords keep your views to yourself!
you are a highly disturbed fellow....please go and find your self cuz its obvious u re lost

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Niflheim(m): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
"kEEP YOUR VIEWS TO YOURSELF!!!"...............................................says the hypocritical christian who claims that his bible gave him the mandate to preach to all creatures, including cockroaches, pubic lice and maggots!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by LastDays777: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
In a nutshell in your post, the Bible is meaningless that's why it's beyond logic or "worldly way".

Let's put it this way: What you call logic in the physical world is a child's play when compared to the spirit realm.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by jesmond3945: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
Why are you doubting the Greeks Gods stories.

I can state out comic books and cartoons that predicted the future. The Simpsons is an example.
Not you can, I want you to state them out and prove they actually talk about the future.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by jokerr(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

How do u expect normal , rational thinking minds to believe in a fairytale.If u can believe DAT god exists means u believe in Cinderella...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Niflheim(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
According to "christian nairalanders", Johnny Bravo is now a prophet for predicting the fall of the Twin Towers!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by jokerr(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
LastDays777:

Let's put it this way: What you call logic in the physical world is a child's play when compared to the spirit realm.
Excuse me have u been to ur imaginary spirit realm before, if yes can u tell us how it looks like, who and who are there, while u at it u could also tell us the leader ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

You Better Learn How To Pray / Open Heavens Daily, by Pastor E.A Adeboye.... / Is The 'Prosperity' Gospel A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.