Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. (9084 Views)

When They Ask Me Why I Don't Think The Bible Is A Perfect Book, I Show Them This / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

1. how is atheism saving humanity?
2. Solomon achieved more than sleeping with women.

WHAT ARE SOLOMON'S ACHIEVEMENTS? GIVE ME JUST 3.
THE PERSON WHO STOPPED THE KILLING OF TWINS ACHIEVED MORE. NOT TO TALK OF THE PERSON(S) THAT ABOLISHED SLAVERY, OR THE MAN THAT INVENTED ELECTRICITY.

MANY ATHEISTS PREACH THAT INSTEAD OF PRAYING FOR THINGS, WORK. INSTEAD OF PRAYING WHEN YOU SICK.. GO FOR MEDICAL CARE. THERE'S NO EVIDENCE THAT PRAYER WORK. PRAYER HAS NEVER REPLACED A LOST BODY PART OR FED STARVING PEOPLE.
MANY SCIENTISTS AND BIOLOGIST DOUBT THE EXISTENCE OF A SUPREME BEING WHO IS IN CHARGE OF PEOPLE'S LIVES. DRUGS ARE DEVELOPED TO MAKE US WELL AND PREVENT US FROM DYING LIKE FOWLS.
IS THAT NOT SAVING HUMANITY TO YOU?
YOUR PREACHERS TELL YOU TO DRINK OLIVE OIL AND ANOINTED WATER FOR YOUR ILLNESS, I TELL YOU TO GO TO A DOCTOR IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. I'M BETTER THAN YOUR PREACHER, AND MY DOCTOR, LAWYER, SECURITY, TEACHER, TRADER, FARMER, MECHANIC, ARE BETTER THAN YOUR GOD. THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY WORK.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:
2. Solomon achieved more than sleeping with women.

tell us those achievements

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE MOST FOOLISH HUMANS EVER (ATHEISTS, ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE) ARE TRYING TO ENLIGHTEN AND SAVE HUMANITY USING VARIOUS MEANS INCLUDING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WHILE ALL THE WISEST MAN EVER (SOLOMON, ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE) COULD EVER ACHIEVE WAS TO HAVE SEX WITH HUNDREDS OF WOMEN. NO INVENTIONS FROM HIM, NO DEVELOPMENT, NO DISCOVERIES, NOTHING. JUST WOMEN AND GOLD.
BUT HE'S THE WISEST MAN, TO THE EXTENT THAT 21ST CENTURY CHRISTIANS STILL PRAY TO GOD TO BE LIKE HIM.
THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE HOLY USELESS BOOK, AND THE RELIGION ENTIRELY.

One of the more amusing aspects of the Solomon story is the end of his life when after talking to God and seeing God live in the building Solomon made for him, Solomon starts to worship other gods and the omniscient God says, "Okay, fine, if you want to worship other gods, I'm going to take part of the kingdom from you and give it to this other guy Jeroboam... who is also going to worship false gods and do more evil than you... but then I'll take the kingdom from him and give it to another guy who will be worse and worship even more false gods, but then I'll take it from him and give it to a new guy who will be the worst of all of you... that'll show you people... yeah...."

4 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2018
jokerr:
This story book called bible is just one very big story with magic, slavery, stupidity, etc embedded in it as lessons.
...someone will wake up one morning and tell me DAT a whale swallowed a human being and spit him out alive after some days...
...one book will tell me DAT a man was killed and den came back to life after three days , is he tom and Jerry...
....or someone will tell me that there is a place filled with fire for people who do not share their madness...
its so funny how the human mind is still enslaved ....
Yes, the Bible is indeed a story book, like 'Alice in Wonderland', and 'Things Fall Apart', and 'Animal Farm'. Have you read any of them? Did you too go and fall down a rabbit hole, or fall apart, or become four legged because 'it is good'? If not, I do wonder why? Are they not story books "telling you" what to do too?

Methinks you are just one of those people who seem to be easily led, or a fool if you've read any of those books I listed above and done the things I've suggested they tell you to do. If you aren't easily led or a fool, then you'd be able to read the Holy Story Bible Book without thinking it was a book of instruction to a lemming like you, because it isn't telling you what to do at all, contrary to the understanding of many and you, it seems!

I doubt you bothered reading it at all - it is after all a big book, and to be honest, if you felt it was telling you what to do, you'd very likely not get past Leviticus, which is a manual, albeit for the Levites, and not you. Confess! Did you start from page one and diligently sequentially work your way through every page of it like you would any other story book? Or did you do what most people do and jump into sections of it randomly? I can in fact bet good money that you haven't read the Holy Story Bible Book at all, and are judging it by what you more likely heard in a sermon on a section of the book!

It is indeed a story book with various diverse concepts and ideas presented for you to ponder and consider so that you may hopefully not be limited to the narrow realm of only your very own parochial experiences, and may consider, learn, evolve and grow from and by the stories presented to you. It's what all books are meant to do, introduce new concepts and ideas to you, and this one does it rather well, with its various opposing and contradictory views from various writers' perspectives.

You, sir need to emancipate your own mind from slavery and stop assuming every one else is enslaved to a 'story book', that seems to be "telling you what to do"!
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

tell us those achievements

he built a temple for one.

the fact that he was visited from all over the world shows how high he was. he probably formed many groups of philosophy around the world.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2018
Omooba224:
The bible is a great book written by wise ancient people but it is full of myths. Most biblical incidents didn't happen historically. Noah's Ark story (the world has never witnessed any worldwide flood where all the people died while some family survived). was copied from Epic of Gilgamesh (the world's olDest literature). Same thing applies to Adam and Eve story. So many biblical characters didn't exist. Jesus character was also copied from Egyptian god called Osiris (he also died for three days and resurrected). so everything in the bible are all myths.
It is not too special at all. [/b]Da
It is a "great book" indeed, and in fact, for the reasons you've listed above. One just has to ask oneself if one would know anything about all the things you've listed if one had not heard of the Bible. Or was it not research into the Bible that led most of us to knowledge of them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by hopefulLandlord: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

he built a temple for one.

the fact that he was visited from all over the world shows how high he was. he probably formed many groups of philosophy around the world.

Richest people tend to be visited from all over the world.

Built a temple? good for him and his god but that hardly requires great wisdom and understanding, does it?

The way I see it. I would've used my WKU to invent things in order to make life easier for the people I'm leading rather than build mansions, a temple, gather women and wealth but to each his own I guess

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Grupo(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Meti99:

If you don't like to waste your time on losers and mind slaves then Bleep-off mehn.
Did anybody complain to you?
Why did you carry the matter for head like pepper seller.

Many of us are also very educated, yet we discovered something worth living for, leave us alone
and keep your gibberish to yourself
You are confusing education with amassing certificates. Those are two different things.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT ARE SOLOMON'S ACHIEVEMENTS? GIVE ME JUST 3.
THE PERSON WHO STOPPED THE KILLING OF TWINS ACHIEVED MORE. NOT TO TALK OF THE PERSON(S) THAT ABOLISHED SLAVERY, OR THE MAN THAT INVENTED ELECTRICITY.

MANY ATHEISTS PREACH THAT INSTEAD OF PRAYING FOR THINGS, WORK. INSTEAD OF PRAYING WHEN YOU SICK.. GO FOR MEDICAL CARE. THERE'S NO EVIDENCE THAT PRAYER WORK. PRAYER HAS NEVER REPLACED A LOST BODY PART OR FED STARVING PEOPLE.
MANY SCIENTISTS AND BIOLOGIST DOUBT THE EXISTENCE OF A SUPREME BEING WHO IS IN CHARGE OF PEOPLE'S LIVES. DRUGS ARE DEVELOPED TO MAKE US WELL AND PREVENT US FROM DYING LIKE FOWLS.
IS THAT NOT SAVING HUMANITY TO YOU?
YOUR PREACHERS TELL YOU TO DRINK OLIVE OIL AND ANOINTED WATER FOR YOUR ILLNESS, I TELL YOU TO GO TO A DOCTOR IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. I'M BETTER THAN YOUR PREACHER, AND MY DOCTOR, LAWYER, SECURITY, TEACHER, TRADER, FARMER, MECHANIC, ARE BETTER THAN YOUR GOD. THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY WORK.

Solomon built a temple.
Solomon ruled without any outbreak of war.
Solomon counselled people from all over the world.
he became and made Israel rich beyond measures.

don't let your atheism blind you. you can still appreciate the good in the Bible. you say the Bible is 100% myth but it contains history also.

you are just being dishonest. many theists also advocate for science. many theist encourage medical care.
many scientists are theists also.
atheism does not have a monopoly on science and intelligence.

if there is one thing that atheism is guaranteed to lead too, it is freedom from morality.

your doctor, lawyer, teacher... could be a theist.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2018
jokerr:
ur f*cked up book is wat is messing with ur head
Wrong! And therein lies your own messed up head!

How can you blame the words in a book for an individual's stupidity and ignorance? Would you blame Lewis Carroll if I jumped down a rabbit hole or walked through a looking glass, or blame Achebe if I fell apart? Would the book be responsible for my lack of understanding and utter stupidity?

Please blame the individual's f*cked up head for their own fuqedupness and not some book!
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Richest people tend to be visited from all over the world.

Built a temple? good for him and his god but that hardly requires great wisdom and understanding, does it?

The way I see it. I would've used my WKU to invent things in order to make life easier for the people I'm leading rather than build mansions, a temple, gather women and wealth but to each his own I guess

it was stated that he was visited because of his wisdom.

wisdom can also be used to teach. not just inventing. giving life counsels require wisdom and Solomon did a lot of those.

the bible recorded how he judgedthe two women and the baby. how many more unrecorded cases with much more complexity do you think he judged after that?

that you don't believe the supernatural in the Bible does not mean you should dismiss the bits of history and knowledge in it.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

Solomon built a temple.

WOW, GUYS. I NEVER KNEW THAT BY BUILDING TEMPLE, SOLOMON THE WISE FOUND THE CURE FOR CANCER, HIV, SICKLE CELL. INVENTED THE TELEPHONE, INTERNET, ELECTRICITY, LIGHTNING ROD. MADE SPACE SHIPS TO TOUR THE UNIVERSE, AND DISCOVERED FOSSIL FUELS. WOW, ALL THESE JUST BY BUILDING A TEMPLE.
TRULY WISE INDEED.

HE MADE ISREAL RICH WITHOUT MEASURES, JUST LIKE UMUEJIOFOR MADE MY VILLAGE RICH WITHOUT MEASURES.. IN A TIME WHEN ALL PEOPLE WOULD BUY WAS GRAIN AND BREAD AND WINE, AND SLAVES. HA!

5 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by CAPSLOCKED: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

One of the more amusing aspects of the Solomon story is the end of his life when after talking to God and seeing God live in the building Solomon made for him, Solomon starts to worship other gods and the omniscient God says, "Okay, fine, if you want to worship other gods, I'm going to take part of the kingdom from you and give it to this other guy Jeroboam... who is also going to worship false gods and do more evil than you... but then I'll take the kingdom from him and give it to another guy who will be worse and worship even more false gods, but then I'll take it from him and give it to a new guy who will be the worst of all of you... that'll show you people... yeah...."

PERFECT NEVER ENDING CYCLE OF WISDOM.

MEHN JOKES APART THE BOOK IS A JOKE ON BELIEVERS. HOW CAN A DEITY WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING MAKE SUCH GRAVE MISTAKES FROM BEGINNING TO END IN THE BOOK.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Gggg102(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WOW, GUYS. I NEVER KNEW THAT BY BUILDING TEMPLE, SOLOMON THE WISE FOUND THE CURE FOR CANCER, HIV, SICKLE CELL. INVENTED THE TELEPHONE, INTERNET, ELECTRICITY, LIGHTNING ROD. MADE SPACE SHIPS TO TOUR THE UNIVERSE, AND DISCOVERED FOSSIL FUELS. WOW, ALL THESE JUST BY BUILDING A TEMPLE.
TRULY WISE INDEED.

HE MADE ISREAL RICH WITHOUT MEASURES, JUST LIKE UMUEJIOFOR MADE MY VILLAGE RICH WITHOUT MEASURES.. IN A TIME WHEN ALL PEOPLE WOULD BUY WAS GRAIN AND BREAD AND WINE, AND SLAVES. HA!

wow TIL that intelligence is tied to only science. people like wole soyinka, chinua achebe, william shakespeare, are not intelligent. after all they did not discover anything!

I've realized building a temple is an insignificant feat. I'm sure you also agree that the building of the pyramids, the great wall of China, the hanging gardens of Babylon, are nothing.

also Isaac Newton is not intelligent because by discovering gravity and differentiation, he did not cure cancer, sickle cell or even malaria.

also making an entire nation or even a village rich is nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by LastDays777: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Harry Potter contain a lot of secrets and code of this world. You can't understand it using the worldly way of thinking. E.g. when Harry Potter said he was going to...........

There are things that goes against logic in the spiritual world. Because you don't understand something doesn't make it a 'child story book'

Isn't it amazing how you LOVE discussing things you don't believe in.

You guys are unbelievable.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Dalamama: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

wow TIL that intelligence is tied to only science. people like wole soyinka, chinua achebe, william shakespeare, are not intelligent. after all they did not discover anything!

I've realized building a temple is an insignificant feat. I'm sure you also agree that the building of the pyramids, the great wall of China, the hanging gardens of Babylon, are nothing.

also Isaac Newton is not intelligent because by discovering gravity and differentiation, he did not cure cancer, sickle cell or even malaria.

also making an entire nation or even a village rich is nothing.

Where is the temple Solomon built? Where is it? The pyramids of Giza and valley of the kings are older than the Temple Solomon built. They are still standing while Solomon's mythical temple has no physical location. Nobody knows where it is or has ever seen it.

Solomon's temple like most things inside the bible are mythical and fictional.

5 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Omooba224: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2018
budaatum:

It is a "great book" indeed, and in fact, for the reasons you've listed above. One just has to ask oneself if one would know anything about all the things you've listed if one had not heard of the Bible. Or was it not research into the Bible that led most of us to knowledge of them?
Sincerely, one wouldn't have understood the Bible if one wasn't chanced to read it, though if one is severely indoctrinated one might not look at it in a mythical or legendary form but so far one is exposed to other books like (Vedas, egyptian book of the dead, Wiccan's books etc.), one will realize that it doesn't worth believing. Like you said, one wouldn't have had the knowledge without critical thought or research. frpls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2018
Omooba224:
[b]Sincerely, one wouldn't have understood the Bible if one wasn't chanced to read it, though if one is severely indoctrinated one might not look at it in a mythical or legendary form but so far one is exposed to other books like (Vedas, egyptian book of the dead, Wiccan's books etc.), one will realize that it doesn't worth believing. Like you said, one wouldn't have had the knowledge without critical thought or research. [/b]frpls
That's exactly the problem, "indoctrination", and feeling the need to "believe", and that's if one actually bothers to read it at all, which most don't.

Anyone who knows about the history of the Bible would understand that these two concepts (indoctrination, and believing), are the trick that some use to blind people and keep them enslaved. First they convince people some god wrote it, then that it contains some mystery that only an elect few can comprehend, then they stand on a pulpit and claim they are those enlightened ones who understand it, and in effect, "bow down and worship us the elect", while in their hearts knowing "we'd tell them there's a god, right!" And the poor gullible fall for that trick, because "if we don't believe what we are told, we'd go to hell!"

Ironically, the Bible also contains the means for emancipation from that slavery, but the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it, it seems.

I think I'll become a preacher myself and make me some dough off their ignorance and get me a private something! My doctrine would be "Know! Don't you dare believe"

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
do you?
I DO
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Meti99(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Grupo:

You are confusing education with amassing certificates. Those are two different things.

angry

Damn
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gggg102:

Solomon built a temple.

don't let your atheism blind you. you can still appreciate the good in the Bible. you say the Bible is 100% myth but it contains history also.

you are just being dishonest. many theists also advocate for science. many theist encourage medical care.
many scientists are theists also.
atheism does not have a monopoly on science and intelligence.

if there is one thing that atheism is guaranteed to lead too, it is freedom from morality.

your doctor, lawyer, teacher... could be a theist.
I thing i've notice is that atheist could be very insincere.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TRULY WISE INDEED.

Do you know the definition of wisdom?
if yes, then jugde your self.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Ifunanayaudogu(f): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
jokerr:
This story book called bible is just one very big story with magic, slavery, stupidity, etc embedded in it as lessons.
...someone will wake up one morning and tell me DAT a whale swallowed a human being and spit him out alive after some days...
...one book will tell me DAT a man was killed and den came back to life after three days , is he tom and Jerry...
....or someone will tell me that there is a place filled with fire for people who do not share their madness...
its so funny how the human mind is still enslaved ....
Bible is a holy book not story book
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:
The bible is a story book written by who?

Can you sit down and write your own unique book?

Did you even know how we got the bible.

Ignorant !mbecile.
You don't need to attack the person of the OP with abusive words(ad hominem), counter his argument.

I can sit down and write more advanced and civilized unique book than your fairytale Bible.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by TOSIN116: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dalamama:

Where is the temple Solomon built? Where is it? The pyramids of Giza and valley of the kings are older than the Temple Solomon built. They are still standing while Solomon's mythical temple has no physical location. Nobody knows where it is or has ever seen it.

Solomon's temple like most things inside the bible are mythical and fictional.
THIS IS PROVE ENOUGH THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BIBLE.

For your information Solomon's temple was destroyed and i know you won't even make attempt to go Israel to go and see things for yourself
you will just stay in your room saying nonesense and waiting for God to come down and greet you. smh!

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ifunanayaudogu:
Bible is a holy book not story book
What's holy in a book that support wars, slavery, killing non-virgins, apostates etc?

Oh yeah, Lord of the rings is also a holy book.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by enilove(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2018
budaatum:

That's exactly the problem, "indoctrination", and feeling the need to "believe", and that's if one actually bothers to read it at all, which most don't.

Anyone who knows about the history of the Bible would understand that these two concepts (indoctrination, and believing), are the trick that some use to blind people and keep them enslaved. First they convince people some god wrote it, then that it contains some mystery that only an elect few can comprehend, then they stand on a pulpit and claim they are those enlightened ones who understand it, and in effect, "bow down and worship us the elect", while in their hearts knowing "we'd tell them there's a god, right!" And the poor gullible fall for that trick, because "if we don't believe what we are told, we'd go to hell!"

Ironically, the Bible also contains the means for emancipation from that slavery, but the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it, it seems.

I think I'll become a preacher myself and make me some dough off their ignorance and get me a private something! My doctrine would be "Know! Don't you dare believe"

The time is coming when you will regret allowing yourself to be fooled by the devil.

Most of your are are not wise and you believe the devil rather than God.

Things the Bible says would happen 2000 years ago are gradually unfolding in your eyes now and you cannot to reason and understand it.

Revelation 13:16-18 KJV
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This was recorded in the Bible when there was no banking system and when there was no technology to tell man about biometrics.

It is known facts that the two most secured ways of identifying individuals are :

Finger prints identifications and retina or Iris identifications.

That is , the chips would be implanted in the right hand or in the forehead as the Bible says .
I hope you people remembered the Obama health care bill which would only be enjoyed by those who have received the chips in their hands ?

What about the talk on cashless policies ?

With the advent of these various technologies , non would need to carry cash any longer which would make everyone controllable by the government and those in authorities.

If you can reason deep , you will never call the Bible "any book" like other books again.
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

THIS IS PROVE ENOUGH THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BIBLE.

For your information Solomon's temple was destroyed and i know you won't even make attempt to go Israel to go and see things for yourself
you will just stay in your room saying nonesense and waiting for God to come down and greet you. smh!
Is there any archeological evidence Moses existed in Egypt?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by Ifunanayaudogu(f): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
tintingz:
What's holy in a book that support wars, slavery, killing non-virgins, apostates etc?

Oh yeah, Lord of the rings is also a holy book.
hey are you a pegan ?
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
LastDays777:

The Bible contain a lot of secrets and code of this world. You can't understand it using the worldly way of thinking. E.g. when Jesus(Yeshua) said he was going to bring down this building and rebuild it in three days, they thought it was the physical building we see but NO. He meant the spiritual body of Christ.

There are things that goes against logic in the spiritual world. Because you don't understand something doesn't make it a 'child story book'
In a nutshell in your post, the Bible is meaningless that's why it's beyond logic or "worldly way".
Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by tintingz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Ifunanayaudogu:
hey are you a pegan ?
What does paganism has to do with my post? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. by budaatum: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
TOSIN116:

Don't mind them.
they want to see before they believe while the bible is believe and you shall see.
This is a clear misunderstanding of the Bible!

God, in it's infinitesimal wisdom, knows that you must see before you can 'believe'. If God didn't know that already, God wouldn't have bothered coming in the flesh, or sent you it's only begotten son so that you can see and hence 'believe'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Revival Tonic Daily Devotional : Anointing Versus Skills / Is There Anything Like Spiritual Attack? / Easy Believism : Is Eternal Security A False Gospel? - Ralph Yankee Arnold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.