Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project (23672 Views)

Tinubu Talking About Lagos Light Rail, BRT Lanes And PPP Models (Throwback) / Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
[s]
Realdeals:

Stop disgracing yourself, not knowing is nothing special, I'm not in that field. What I know is that $600million has been spent so far on the project out of which Ambode claim to have spent 100M Euro (i.e almost One third of the total sum) and the project is yet to cross the lagoon.

[img]https://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2015/11/lagos-blue-line-08.jpg[/img]

Fashola completed all the above pictures with rail stations
[/s]

If you are going to counter me, do it with what I asserted, not the rubbish you ignorantly manufactured

You are even still dodging my question.

Show us how much other countries spent on theirs and compare with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by RockHard: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
bigsmoke2:

Ethiopians railway spans a distance of about 750 km Lagos railway is just 35km

Oga, abeg don't just join a conversation to feel among only to end up sounding stuupid. Do you know what and how long/far 750km actually is? Better don't let me abuse you this evening.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
wristbangle:
A whooping amount of 100 million euros could drive the project beyond it's currently state of development. So much round tripping, siphoning and magnanimous corruption.

You mean you have intelligently itemized the true cost of labor, cost for metro rail bridge over the lagoon, tools and materials both local and imported, cost of drilling, pilling, boats and tugs, cement and so on and you have concluded that this is the required amount needed to finish the project?

These village bricklayers sef...

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
RockHard:

Oga, abeg don't just join a conversation to feel among only to end up sounding stuupid. Do you know what and how long/far 750km actually is? Better don't let me abuse you this evening.

The level of ignorance and idiocy on NL is shameful and alarming..

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Borntofuck: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Where is the light rail nah .i no see m for ajegule abi ajegule no bi Lagos ?
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by ba7man(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
bigsmoke2:

Ethiopians railway spans a distance of about 750 km Lagos railway is just 35km
Softly dey lie naa......its 31.6 km. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Glink2018(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Amode! Tinubu boy.
Doing Lagos more damage than the good he's pretending to do.
By the time ambode is done with the treasury of Lagos, Lagos treasury fund will not remain the same.

Amode is working... Lagos treasury fund is crying.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by PreciousBro: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
This is a project that is soon to collapse due to the highly maintenance requisites that is defaultly in lack. Just a mere mediocre decoration with dud functionality due to the dearth distribution of power.

Wasted fund from a high internally generated revenue state as Lagos.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
Na everyday dem dey spend on this on that Trick of money looting This is Nigeria
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by pat1612(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
BruncleZuma:

You've not been Ethiopia ...not an easy terrain as well.

As all are talking about Ethiopia let me add my own i had a fortune stop in Addis abba when I missed my flight and I was so marveled at way city was cool calm and organized.
A railwayline passing through in between road connectsing city was awesome.

A very clean city i must say.
#firstimpression
P.s. this pic was taken from my hotel room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by solelymade: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
This country is a joke where government officials just throw figures around loosely... Í can imagine how much must have been sunk into this project by both BRF AND AA, yet quote me that project would only be delivered in the next 10years if there is a change of the party in power in Lagos.

I know of a government building in an area where over 300million is spent on facility management while another building two times the government building in both size and capacity spent less than 50 million.
The wasteful spending in government can never be overrated.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by kunmiiii: 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
biafranqueen:
Thiefs how can that happen until power is 24 hours in Nigeria.

Look we have to get these old goats out of our leadership positions.

Hahahaha!!! Oh my lawd....did u read that post or flock effect took over, becos u obviously missed the IPP part.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by wristbangle: 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
deomelo:

You mean you have intelligently itemized the true cost of labor, cost for metro rail bridge over the lagoon, tools and materials both local and imported, cost of drilling, pilling, boats and tugs, cement and so on and you have concluded that this is the required amount needed to finish the project?

These village bricklayers sef...

Deomelo,

I'm aware 100 million euro can't complete the project. The mentioned amount if it is 100% implemented would have travails the project beyond it's current state of development.

Need to say, atleast some percentage would have been shared from the government to the contractor (corporate corruption tongue)

I understand the cons withholding the project completion such as topography, cost estimate, etc. Had it been the project manager/coordinator did a thorough feasibility study from the onset, a more realistic pipeline and fund management will be recorded for this project progress
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by kunmiiii: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
deomelo:

The level of ignorance and idiocy on NL is shameful and alarming..

I swear down, it's becoming rampant... NL suppose open section for them!! Most of them can't reason or form logical conclusions themselves, they succumb to flock effect and follow the bandwagon, Its freaking irritating and enraging, imagine one up there saying its all lies and not possible cos Nigeria needs 24hrs power without regarding and reading the post about the IPP plan that's been implemented, another said Ethiopia's was 750km!!! Oh Gosh!!!
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 12:12am On Aug 17, 2018
wristbangle:

Deomelo,

I'm aware 100 million euro can't complete the project. The mentioned amount if it is 100% implemented would have travails the project beyond it's current state of development.

Need to say, atleast some percentage would have been shared from the government to the contractor (corporate corruption tongue)

I understand the cons withholding the project completion such as topography, cost estimate, etc. Had it been the project manager/coordinator did a thorough feasibility study from the onset, a more realistic pipeline and fund management will be recorded for this project progress

Based on what?

Based on your own detailed construction knowledge, engineering knowledge, cost of tools and materials knowledge, pilling and drilling cost, equipment importation and clearing cost, bridge and concrete cost and soon.

Please give us a detailed breakdown you based your expertise on.

You can not substitute facts with gossips, baseless and ignorant assertions.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 12:15am On Aug 17, 2018
kunmiiii:

I swear down, it's becoming rampant... NL suppose open section for them!! Most of them can't reason or form logical conclusions themselves, they succumb to flock effect and follow the bandwagon, Its freaking irritating and enraging, imagine one up there saying its all lies and not possible cos Nigeria needs 24hrs power without regarding and reading the post about the IPP plan that's been implemented, another said Ethiopia's was 750km!!! Oh Gosh!!!

Apart from the fact that they are ignorant and pathological liars, they are illiterates
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by profbayo: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

Eh.. this has been thrashed here before. They are not the same model. Besides, the Lagos one has met with series of challenges that's affected its timely delivery.

Lagos light rail is elevated for most parts since it runs on swampy land and it's also a 2 way rail.

You'll have to calculate the cost of the pilings, the concrete footings and it's larger size to accommodate the 2 trains at the same time.

It also crosses a water body and it's complete with a super highway that runs alongside it with pedestrian bridges linking the train stations which are also elevated.

The Ethiopian Lightrail runs on land and is a normal railway line with stops alongside it.

Their specifications and topography are miles apart, hence the cost difference and delivery timing. (Credit to ba7man).
u I love dis ...God bless you.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by donqx: 1:04am On Aug 17, 2018
oh
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by vankaid: 2:31am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

Eh.. this has been thrashed here before. They are not the same model. Besides, the Lagos one has met with series of challenges that's affected its timely delivery.

Lagos light rail is elevated for most parts since it runs on swampy land and it's also a 2 way rail.

You'll have to calculate the cost of the pilings, the concrete footings and it's larger size to accommodate the 2 trains at the same time.

It also crosses a water body and it's complete with a super highway that runs alongside it with pedestrian bridges linking the train stations which are also elevated.

The Ethiopian Lightrail runs on land and is a normal railway line with stops alongside it.

Their specifications and topography are miles apart, hence the cost difference and delivery timing. (Credit to ba7man).
You are lying but you don't even know it because you have not been to Addis Ababa before and you didn't bother that someone else here might have.

You guys here are ready to swear under oath or risk your life to defend corrupt politicians even when you will not get shi shi out of it.

Ethiopian Light rail doesnt ALL run on land just like Lagos Light rail as well doesn't on the Badagry expressway axis.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bluecircle470: 2:31am On Aug 17, 2018
seborrhic:
Something that took Ethiopia just 4years to complete(2011-2015) at a fraction of the cost Lagos is spending and still to spend.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addis_Ababa_Light_Rail
By 2022,if it's actually completed by then,it would have taken Lagos state government 14years and probably a billion dollars to complete a light rail from Mile 2 to Marina.
This will surely enter into the Guiness book of records.

This is Nigeria!
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bluke(m): 3:06am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

baseless arguement.
the rail project is an ATM for some people that was delivered with free card and pin

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Daboomb: 4:18am On Aug 17, 2018
Like Tinubu, like Ambode...... Two rogues of a kind.

Nigeria is really fantastically saddled with corrupt leaders
lagos-Ibadan Road completion 50 + X years
Lagso light rail 14 + X years!

Awon Weyrey politicians

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Daboomb: 4:21am On Aug 17, 2018
vankaid:

You are lying but you don't even know it because you have not been to Addis Ababa before and you didn't bother that someone else here might have.

You guys here are ready to swear under oath or risk your life to defend corrupt politicians even when you will not get shi shi out of it.

Ethiopian Light rail doesnt ALL run on land just like Lagos Light rail as well doesn't on the Badagry expressway axis.

I mean, l just get tired for all these internet riff-raff that defend criminality, even when they dont have access to a penny of the money being looted!

They have to be cursed from the womb otherwise, its beyond pathetic
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 5:29am On Aug 17, 2018
vankaid:

Since you've been to Ethiopia and have seen their wonderful metro rail across so many terrains, please show us the rail tracks and bridge they built over swamp and marshland like they did in Lagos.

Show us the bridge they built over kilometers of Lagoon water like they did in Lagos.

Show us the Metro stations they built in Ethiopia and let's compare with the ones in Lagos.

I know you can not answer these questions because all you spewed was the same ignorant rubbish we've been reading in this thread.

Sometimes our leaders are not the problem, the ignorant, lying, hateful and deceptive youths are the problem..
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Jaideyone(m): 5:37am On Aug 17, 2018
ednut1:
What is on ground is not up to 10m euros abeg
really? those train stations along the road are free right? didn't you read where is did the procurement stage is complete which means the coaches might have been paid for?

what do you know about infrastructure
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 5:55am On Aug 17, 2018
Jaideyone:
really? those train stations along the road are free right? didn't you read where is did the procurement stage is complete which means the coaches might have been paid for?

what do you know about infrastructure

He said everything on the ground = 10 million. He's a metro rail engineer and a construction expert.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by vickylincon(m): 7:51am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

Ok sir.
I like your matured response
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Makawhizzy: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2018
seborrhic:
Something that took Ethiopia just 4years to complete(2011-2015) at a fraction of the cost Lagos is spending and still to spend.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addis_Ababa_Light_Rail
By 2022,if it's actually completed by then,it would have taken Lagos state government 14years and probably a billion dollars to complete a light rail from Mile 2 to Marina.
This will surely enter into the Guiness book of records.
Add almost a billion USD fashola borrowed on the same project to it and you would be amazed how this people just churn out figures as if we are all fools
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bigsmoke2(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addis_Ababa–Djibouti_Railway
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bigsmoke2(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:

Stop lying, Ethiopia metro rail is only 31 km long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju Visits Mike Ozekhome (Photos) / Buhari Advise Nigerians To Adhere To The Laws Of The Country They Reside / Sani Musa & Sabi Abdullahi: ‘Niger State Overtaken By Bandits’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.