Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project (23677 Views)

Tinubu Talking About Lagos Light Rail, BRT Lanes And PPP Models (Throwback) / Obasanjo Criticizes Ambode For Abandoning Lagos Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by seunmsg(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2018
989900:
Red line is the real money making machine.

However, this Blue line is taking more than forever . . . reeks of administrative incompetence/malfeasance.

Judging by how long it's taking to complete the blue line, it will take between 30 to 50 years to complete the red line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by legend0110(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2018
The FG really need to invest in the power sector
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by oriewanbe: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2018
RockHard:

Eh.. this has been thrashed here before. They are not the same model. Besides, the Lagos one has met with series of challenges that's affected its timely delivery.

Lagos light rail is elevated for most parts since it runs on swampy land and it's also a 2 way rail.

You'll have to calculate the cost of the pilings, the concrete footings and it's larger size to accommodate the 2 trains at the same time.

It also crosses a water body and it's complete with a super highway that runs alongside it with pedestrian bridges linking the train stations which are also elevated.

The Ethiopian Lightrail runs on land and is a normal railway line with stops alongside it.

Their specifications and topography are miles apart, hence the cost difference and delivery timing. (Credit to ba7man).
Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by vankaid: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:

Since you've been to Ethiopia and have seen their wonderful metro rail across so many terrains, please show us the rail tracks and bridge they built over swamp and marshland like they did in Lagos.

Show us the bridge they built over kilometers of Lagoon water like they did in Lagos.

Show us the Metro stations they built in Ethiopia and let's compare with the ones in Lagos.

I know you can not answer these questions because all you spewed was the same ignorant rubbish we've been reading in this thread.

Sometimes our leaders are not the problem, the ignorant, lying, hateful and deceptive youths are the problem..

I am not interested in ultimately unfruitful back and forth with you because you are not going to admit you are wrong even when shown any unsubstantiated claim you make.
The only lesson I would like you to learn from all these is that throwing around fake facts to make yourself appear smart might work for few but will mostly make you look stupid to many others.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Jaideyone(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:

He said everything on the ground = 10 million. He's a metro rail engineer and a construction expert.
he's just a clown

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by seborrhic: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2018
Makawhizzy:

Add almost a billion USD fashola borrowed on the same project to it and you would be amazed how this people just churn out figures as if we are all fools
They assume we are.
That's why they either shun out figures they know won't outrage many of us,or they just ignore us when those figures,they or their certificates are called into question, knowing fully well that within just a short time,the few that do so would get wary of making noise on the social media,and move on.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by tollyboy5(m): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2018
sunisonflex29:
can someone ask for my account number to transfer just 2k...school hunger want to kill a brother.please.
Nigerians because someone honestly asked yesterday and was favoured I knew grin others would follow suit
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
bigsmoke2:

We are talking about metro rail, not railway.

Releaxt, read and comprehend topic before posting.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
vankaid:

I am not interested in ultimately unfruitful back and forth with you because you are not going to admit you are wrong even when shown any unsubstantiated claim you make.
The only lesson I would like you to learn from all these is that throwing around fake facts to make yourself appear smart might work for few but will mostly make you look stupid to many others.

You said the metro rail in Ethiopia has similar characteristics like the one in Lagos including terrain and aot on and I asked you to prove it, including Ethiopia building rail over swamp and mashy land and building rail bridge over lagoon like the one in Lagos.

This is why you should never lie or spew ignorant rubbish.

Don't spew what you can not prove with facts

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bigsmoke2(m): 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:

We are talking about metro rail, not railway.

Releaxt, read and comprehend topic before posting.
Sorry o APC apologist I steped on your nerves. Your fellow APC bootlickers were trying to justify the Lagos railways project which has taken forever to complete and I posted that Ethiopia built a 759km railway which took 5yrs to complete Which is factually true only to be accused of lying. This is why politicians with continue to shave your heads with impunity cuz you keep giving excuse for their ineptitude. E Pele olorun a je ke bo ninue

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
bigsmoke2:

Sorry o APC apologist I steped on your nerves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7586011_img20180817081927_jpeg75ae4992209a3f16c62a2c9fe0fd23eb

You stepped on your own nerves with ignorance and illiteracy.

At your old age, you still don't know the difference between a metro rail and a railway.

Blame yourself for your own foolery.

Your fellow APC bootlickers were trying to justify the Lagos railways project

Again, it's called metro rail, not railway. Confine yourself to your village activities.

Btw, PDP apologists and bootylickers are mostly illiterates

which has taken forever to complete and I posted that Ethiopia built a 759km railway which took 5yrs to complete Which is factually true only to be accused of lying. This is why politicians with continue to shave your heads with impunity cuz you keep giving excuse for their ineptitude. E Pele olorun a je ke bo ninue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7586011_img20180817081927_jpeg75ae4992209a3f16c62a2c9fe0fd23eb

Locomotive is not metro rail, go back to elementary school for proper education.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by bigsmoke2(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:

You stepped on your own nerves with ignorance and illiteracy.

At your old age, you still don't know the difference between a metro rail and a railway.

Blame yourself for your own foolery.

Again, it's called metro rail, not railway. Confine yourself to your village activities.

Btw, PDP apologists and bootylickers are mostly illiterates

Locomotive is not metro rail, go back to elementary school for proper education.

First i must state that I'm not in any way affiliated with PDP or any other party there are all the same. Give excuses all you want but the fact which you and your fellow bootlickers have descided to shy away from is that a 35km rail project should not take a decade to complete it's inexcusable. Even the light rail in Ethiopia you are shouting took 36 months to complete.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by deomelo: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2018
[s]
bigsmoke2:

First i must state that I'm not in any way affiliated with PDP or any other party there are all the same. Give excuses all you want but the fact which you and your fellow bootlickers have descided to shy away from is that a 35km rail project should not take a decade to complete it's inexcusable. Even the light rail in Ethiopia you are shouting took 36 months to complete.
[/s]

1. Ethiopia is a country with sovereign resources, Lagos is a state in Nigeria.

2. The metro trail in Ethiopia is 31 km long, not 35 km.

3. Lagos Metro is part of a broader system including 10 lane freeway with BRT access. Do they have that in Ethiopia too/

4. Both projects are not the same, they have different specifications, terrain and route requirements and last I checked, Ethiopia did not build several km of metro rail bridge over any Lagoon like they are doing in Lagos.

Only empty, shallow and unintelligent people make such silly and ignorant comparisons.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

1. Ethiopia is a country with sovereign resources, Lagos is a state in Nigeria.

2. The metro trail in Ethiopia is 31 km long, not 35 km.

3. Lagos Metro is part of a broader system including 10 lane freeway with BRT access. Do they have that in Ethiopia too/

4. Both projects are not the same, they have different specifications, terrain and route requirements and last I checked, Ethiopia did not build several km of metro rail bridge over any Lagoon like they are doing in Lagos.

Only empty, shallow and unintelligent people make such silly and ignorant comparisons.

u re really doing a good job lecturing these morons
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
pat1612:

As all are talking about Ethiopia let me add my own i had a fortune stop in Addis abba when I missed my flight and I was so marveled at way city was cool calm and organized.
A railwayline passing through in between road connectsing city was awesome.

A very clean city i must say.
#firstimpression
P.s. this pic was taken from my hotel room.
I’m from Addis Abeba and the city is one of the dirtiest capital in the world.
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by tollyboy5(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
deomelo thank you for clearing people ignorance. I don't knw much but I knw Lagos government won't convert such huge amount just like that
Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by LaudableXX: 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2018
bigsmoke2:
They don't want to hear the facts. sad So don't bother yourself, because most of them want to play the ostrich. The completion date has even been shifted to 2020, which means the construction period has exceeded 10 years. Just siddon dey look, my broda. cheesy

AZeD1:
Ottawa has underground, Lagos has bridges.
The fact that Lagos is taking long also adds to the cost of the project.

My point is LRT's are expensive and 100M euros might not "sooooo" inflated like that.
"Ottawa has underground, Lagos has bridges...." So this is the new story you want to use to console yourself, ba? cheesy

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by VaselineCrew: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2018
deomelo:

Since you've been to Ethiopia and have seen their wonderful metro rail across so many terrains, please show us the rail tracks and bridge they built over swamp and marshland like they did in Lagos.

Show us the bridge they built over kilometers of Lagoon water like they did in Lagos.

Show us the Metro stations they built in Ethiopia and let's compare with the ones in Lagos.

I know you can not answer these questions because all you spewed was the same ignorant rubbish we've been reading in this thread.

Sometimes our leaders are not the problem, the ignorant, lying, hateful and deceptive youths are the problem..

Yo, all this defending you are doing, but how come Fashola said this same blue line project would be complete by June 2013

https://www.nairaland.com/1156265/lagos-light-rail-ready-june

1 Like

Re: Ambode Spends Over 100mn Euros On Lagos Light Rail Project by LaudableXX: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2018
wristbangle:
A whooping amount of 100 million euros could drive the project beyond it's currently state of development. So much round tripping, siphoning and magnanimous corruption.
You have said it all! sad The cost does not bother me as much as the length of time, it is taking to complete the project. Don't be suprised that 2022 will come round now, and they will extend the date of completion till 2038! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAFDAC Arraigns Ibadan-based Bizman Producing Fake Alomo Bitters / DPO Ibrahim Aliyu Ishaq Kidnapped In Edo / Osinbajo Receive Faure Gnassingbe, Togolese President, His Entourage In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.