Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. (5229 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Slaps Ebele Obi For Punching A Referee(video / Algerian Referee, Djamal Haimoudu For AFCON Final / Algerian Referee To Officiate Nigeria & Ivory Coast Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/algeria-star-slaps-female-reporter--fbintl_ro-algeria062310.html

[size=18pt]Algeria player slaps female reporter[/size]

PRETORIA, South Africa – Algeria soccer player Rafik Saifi slapped a female journalist across the face as the aftermath of the United States’ dramatic World Cup victory turned ugly at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday night.

While walking through the interview zone, Saifi spotted writer Asma Halimi, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, and struck her with his open hand in front of dozens of witnesses. Halimi responded by striking the player in the mouth.

Saifi then threw a sports drink bottle at a wall in the interview area, as Halimi was ushered away by security staff.

Saifi came on as substitute for the last five minutes of the USA’s 1-0 victory.

“I said nothing to him and he reached over and hit me,” Halimi said to Yahoo! Sports. “So I hit him back. I said nothing to him first.”

It is understood that Saifi and Halimi had previously had a difference of opinion over an article she wrote for her newspaper.

“She was standing there and the guy came here and he hit her,” said Francisco Aguilar Chang, a reporter from Guatemala who witnessed the incident. “Then she hit him back and her nail caught his lip.”

Saifi and Algerian football association officials refused to comment when quizzed by Yahoo! Sports.

The Algerian team has come under heavy criticism in its homeland after a disappointing World Cup in which it finished at the bottom of Group C and was knocked out of the tournament.

When asked if she would launch an official complaint with governing body FIFA and the Algerian F.A., Halimi replied: “Of course.”
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Sagamite(m): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2010
These Algerian footballers are animals o.

It was one of these animals that wanted to headbutt a referee at the ANC.

In the USA match too, one of the players almost assaulted the referee.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
Correct Woman!
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by CyberG: 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Africans are so GROSSLY INDISCIPLINED! Yes, including you reading this post!
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
CyberG:

+ u that have made the post
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by tpiah: 11:34pm On Jun 23, 2010

While walking through the interview zone, Saifi spotted writer Asma Halimi, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, and struck her with his open hand in front of dozens of witnesses.

Halimi responded by striking the player in the mouth

round of applause for Halimi

very quick reflexes.

i wish she'd kneed him in the groin as well, so he can learn how not to manhandle women who arent on his payroll.

Saifi then threw a sports drink bottle at a wall in the interview area

yes, take it out on the wall.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
He should be castrated. She should have more than  hit him back, should have unleached on him like a crazy woman.

WTF? O ya were ni!

But I like the way she remained professional sha.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by dominique(f): 11:48pm On Jun 23, 2010
loser's still bitter that they've crashed out. these north africans have anger management issues.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Kgdavid(m): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
the algerian players do have serious aggression issues, their conduct against egypt in the nations cup was terrible and the way the behaved towards the ref in their game today was equally deplorable
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by AjanleKoko: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
I hope that woman will be safe back home.
Algeria is home to AQIM (Al Qaeda in the Maghreb).
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by BloodShed1: 12:31am On Jun 24, 2010
Notice how outraged everyone is about the fact it was a WOMAN that got smacked, lol,

Gotta love them double standards. If she had slapped him first then he'd be wrong for retaliating.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Sagamite(m): 1:31am On Jun 24, 2010
Blood_Shed:

Notice how outraged everyone is about the fact it was a WOMAN that got smacked, lol,

Gotta love them double standards. If she had slapped him first then he'd be wrong for retaliating.

If she slaps him and gets a slap back, good riddance.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by bawomolo(m): 1:57am On Jun 24, 2010
he must have slapped her because she was dressing inappropriately.

serves her right cool
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 24, 2010
lol aha and maybe she prolly smacked him back because his zipper was unzipped.

roll eyes tongue
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Acidosis(m): 2:30am On Jun 24, 2010
Just the same spirit that moves through the veins of kaita.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by tpiah: 2:57am On Jun 24, 2010
Blood_Shed:

can you explain your daft stance which no one else gets?

is it ok in your books for someone to suddenly attack your sister/daughter/whoever and slap her senseless out of the blue?

what kind of mothers are raising you people?

she did not slap him first, so just shut up. angry
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by BloodShed1: 3:07am On Jun 24, 2010
tpiah:

can you explain your daft stance which no one else gets?

is it ok in your books for someone to suddenly attack your sister/daughter/whoever and slap her senseless out of the blue?

what kind of mothers are raising you people?

she did not slap him first, so just shut up. angry

So how old were you when your parents divorced?

Did you not read my post? Where did I say it was right that she got slapped? I just pointed out the fact that if it was the other way around nobody would make such a big deal out of it.

Get the sand out of your uterus and learn to read.

D!ckhead.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by damilola15: 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
SHAME ON THE ALGERIANS. That Rafik Saifi would forever be a looser. Slapping a woman in public .

He's wife must be suffering, If he has one.

I think it would have been better Algeria did not qualify at all. The Egyptian style of football is better and disciplined.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by olayinkaj2(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2010
''The anger of being defeated.''
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by misterh(m): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
I hope Yakubu had slapped a journalist that way. Anyway, i admire the way the journalist had responded very swiftly. That is one of the ethics of the profession, sharp reflexes (no dull yourself).
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by mensdept: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2010
Well lets see if an investigation happens, cant believe all these journalist stories just like that.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Oba234: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2010
Algerians are the most obnoxious fans I have ever met. I was at the game yesterday and I had something similar happen to me. I bought my tickets outside of the stadium for $50 and I was seating two rows away from the field(yes I was pretty damn lucky). The problem was I was sitting among all algerian fans with my american flag being waved. The fans were giving me angry looks. I was pretty damn scared of this men considering there were not that many females around where I was sitting. After the USA scored a goal, I was so excited that I began jumping up and down and the Algerian man next to me literally grab his hand put it on my shoulder and push me down into my seat with one hand(thats was how strong she was). Anyway sha, I thank God I made it out alive from yesterday game. Also,when I began screaming when the USA won. these two algerian fans were saying something in arabic and motioning for me to shut up and sit down. They look so mean and they would have probably slapped me if I was sitting close to them. Those people behave like animals.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Sagamite(m): 4:05pm On Jun 24, 2010
mens dept:

Well lets see if an investigation happens, cant believe all these journalist stories just like that.

You can't believe what journalists confirmed they saw happen?
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by favouredjb(f): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
Am very very glad she hit him back,wat was he thinkin?

i just hope the woman is safe when she gets back home
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by bisiaet: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
Not surprise. Typical!!!!!
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Carlosein(m): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2010
Sagamite:

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/algeria-star-slaps-female-reporter--fbintl_ro-algeria062310.html

[size=18pt]Algeria player slaps female reporter[/size]

PRETORIA, South Africa – Algeria soccer player Rafik Saifi slapped a female journalist across the face as the aftermath of the United States’ dramatic World Cup victory turned ugly at Loftus Versfeld Stadium on Wednesday night.

While walking through the interview zone, Saifi spotted writer Asma Halimi, who works for Algerian newspaper Competition, and struck her with his open hand in front of dozens of witnesses. Halimi responded by striking the player in the mouth.

Saifi then threw a sports drink bottle at a wall in the interview area, as Halimi was ushered away by security staff.

Saifi came on as substitute for the last five minutes of the USA’s 1-0 victory.

“I said nothing to him and he reached over and hit me,” Halimi said to Yahoo! Sports. “So I hit him back. I said nothing to him first.”

It is understood that Saifi and Halimi had previously had a difference of opinion over an article she wrote for her newspaper.

“She was standing there and the guy came here and he hit her,” said Francisco Aguilar Chang, a reporter from Guatemala who witnessed the incident. “Then she hit him back and her nail caught his lip.”

Saifi and Algerian football association officials refused to comment when quizzed by Yahoo! Sports.

The Algerian team has come under heavy criticism in its homeland after a disappointing World Cup in which it finished at the bottom of Group C and was knocked out of the tournament.

When asked if she would launch an official complaint with governing body FIFA and the Algerian F.A., Halimi replied: “Of course.”

Let's hope the justice system in algeria is not like naija's.
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Akwasi(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
This pig should be arrested by the South African police. How can a 'strong' sportsman hit a feeble lady journalist?

Can only happen in Africa angry
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by Akwasi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
CyberG:

Its not intelligent to make such a blanket statement. You must be crazy to generalize like that
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by kabukabu(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2010
Oba234:

Algerians are the most obnoxious fans I have ever met. I was at the game yesterday and I had something similar happen to me. I bought my tickets outside of the stadium for $50 and I was seating two rows away from the field(yes I was pretty damn lucky). The problem was I was sitting among all algerian fans with my american flag being waved. The fans were giving me angry looks. I was pretty damn scared of this men considering there were not that many females around where I was sitting. After the USA scored a goal, I was so excited that I began jumping up and down and the Algerian man next to me literally grab his hand put it on my shoulder and push me down into my seat with one hand(thats was how strong she was). Anyway sha, I thank God I made it out alive from yesterday game. Also,when I began screaming when the USA won. these two algerian fans were saying something in arabic and motioning for me to shut up and sit down. They look so mean and they would have probably slapped me if I was sitting close to them. Those people behave like animals.

you should have told those algerians that if they mess with you,you would tell the US Army to drop bombs filled with pork in their country grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by johndavid1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2010
Akwasi:

This pig should be arrested by the South African police. How can a 'strong' sportsman hit a feeble lady journalist?

Can only happen in Africa angry
PIG, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by SoJaded: 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
kabukabu:

you should have told those algerians that if they mess with you,you would tell the US Army to drop bombs filled with pork in their country grin grin grin grin grin
lmao
Re: Algerian Player Slaps Woman In Public After Usa Match. by GBT(m): 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Just like his fellow africa brother Keitadumb!

Can any explaination be given to some irrational act of these so called pro[img][/img] angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wimbledon 2010 / Biggest Crocodile Ever Seen Walks Across A Golf Course / Lionel Messi Has A Tattoo Of Jesus’ Face On His Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.