Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies (36155 Views)

Why Do You Nigerian People Buy Expensive Phones? / The Five Most Expensive Phones In The World / How Time Flies. Tecno Mobile Share #10yearschallenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by enemmo(f): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2018
I hope the person that stole my Samsung blue face phone, in H.O library back in 2004, is still using it.

1 Like

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by uppermode: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2018
The only thing worth dying for in this life is your vision...... Your conviction and your faith........ Don't even die for your dreams..... All dreams are illusion until you have a clearer vision, to dream is to be asleep..... Nobody dreams while he is awake.......dream is for sleeper..... Vision is for waker.......... Be Awake

1 Like

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by emperorblog(m): 8:34am On Aug 17, 2018
kallmemrB:
Those days lol.... Feeling fly with a flip phone...
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by fortune1894(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2018
Stooi76:
iphone still has value if you want to sell it after use
oya go n buy iPhone 4 n 5 then
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Notatribalist(m): 8:38am On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:
Maybe you all should stop breathing and just chill for when things become very cheap, so you can exist ... grin grin

Hahahaha, maybe people killed others for rituals, all to buy phone.
lol
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Seunnzy(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2018
pics of these phones were used as chewing gum stickers..Indomie generation wnt knw this
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by emonkey(m): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2018
And the Matrix phone

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by dtrend(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2018
fucksterisback:
grin
How do I get one of these?
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by wrightangle83(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2018
Notatribalist:
how did people lost their lives because of handset? When and where did it happened ?Pls enlighten me.
in my presence, a young man was shot dead by two guys on motorbike. Just because they wanted to rob his Motorola blade. I use to read on newspapers atrocities committed just because of these phones back then
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by InTime(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2018
nazablossom:
That's life.Nothing lasts forever, even our almighty Nokia 3310 grin
grin
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by wrightangle83(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2018
pilot77:

Very well said Sir, the sad part is that people still don't learn.
that's the irony of the world we live in.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by wrightangle83(m): 8:59am On Aug 17, 2018
Gptech:

One word, VANITY! Vanity yesterday, vanity today, vanity tomorrow. No matter how they come , material things will always remain vanities, FROZEN ASSETS! To think that people either hurt themselves or others just to acquire these still make me wonder .
A very strong message from you. Thanks
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2018
Will gold and diamonds fade away?
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Fhowe: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2018
many youths are still serving prison sentences for the theft of some of these phones lol life you need to be smart and wise ,imagine serving a 20 years sentence for the theft of a samsung free i (dont let anything take your freedom away from you)
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2018
Stooi76:
iphone still has value if you want to sell it after use
true but can you buy an iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4 for a substantial amount?
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by larrybabanla(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2018
my 1st fone

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2018
Dacronym:

How much is minimum wage now how much is fuel per liter now how much is IPhone X
Could those phones value as at then 10-15 urs ago buy a plot of land

Inflation. $1000 then is like $10,000 now.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Abagworo(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2018
These designs will make a come back in modified forms. If anything they look much better in design than the boring iPhones and Androids in use today.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Abagworo(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2018
Dacronym:

How much is minimum wage now how much is fuel per liter now how much is IPhone X

I bought that Nokia 150k then which is equivalent of about 400k.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by freshvine(f): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2018
alot of teenage girls were disvirgined during the days of blackberry
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by strenghtt: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2018
Fhowe:
many youths are still serving prison sentences for the theft of some of these phones lol life you need to be smart and wise ,imagine serving a 20 years sentence for the theft of a samsung free i (dont let anything take your freedom away from you)

yeah! not even for sex.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Ezebinaugwu(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2018
This very type of iphone has gone into Extinsion too

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by fafambo: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2018
kingxsamz:
Those times girls were exchanging their virginity for BlackBerry.
BOLD 5 especially, I lost NKECHI be cos of this scrap that year, E PAIN ME SHAA
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2018
That Nokia 360 flip phone ehn,sextapes I use that phone take ehn,no worry.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by usibengate(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2018
How times fly
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Dacronym(m): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

Where did you get this Figures from inflation *10 in 10yrs
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by AfroSamurai: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2018
freshvine:
alot of teenage girls were disvirgined during the days of blackberry
hope you're not among? grin
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by bestpunterever: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Dacronym:

back then in 2005 my sister bought her land at ikorodu 120k, same land now is 7M, now do the math by your self.
Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by anjilgreat(f): 10:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

Truth. My dad was one of the first sets of people that bought Mtn sim cards for #50,000 and he got his Alcatel phone for about #100,000.

Can you imagine that I bought my first Mtn sim card for #5000 in year 2001 to flex with my first phone, a Nokia 3310. I could remember my university room mate was seen as a big girl then, showing off with her bird flip phone. Wow! Nothing lasts for ever.

1 Like

Re: Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2018
anjilgreat:

Truth. My dad was one of the first sets of people that bought Mtn sim cards for #50,000 and he got his Alcatel phone for about #100,000.

Can you imagine that I bought my first Mtn sim card for #5000 in year 2001 to flex with my first phone, a Nokia 3310. I could remember my university room mate was seen as a big girl then, showing off with her bird flip phone. Wow! Nothing lasts for ever.
Exactly. Back then I never thought I would ever own a simcard because of how expensive it was. How things have changed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Our Househelp Got Swindled By Computer Village Boys Yesterday / See The 7 Fastest Android Phones With Octa-core Processors / Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.