Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents (3258 Views)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / When Your Wife Says " I Hate You And I Regret Marrying You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by smartcodesng: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
I know we do have some shots here. I need your advice on this. It’s about my girlfriend and her parents. While she was in 100 level they catered well for her till she got to 200 level that we started dating. Her parents doesn’t send her money cos they think she is wayward. I have been taking care of all her bills to the very least of them. Anytime she is on call with her parents (either of them) it’s always quarrel and arguments. This has made me develop hatred for them. She claims that since they became deeper life members that was when all these problems started cos she doesn’t wanna be acting the way they want. No trousers and all that. Now he wants her to go for her Masters and it’s causing a huge problem. Knowing that he didn’t contribute anything to her since her 200 level I was infuriated cos if you didn’t contribute nothing during her Bsc pursuit then how does she cope doing masters. I was so angry that I did the most stupid thing I have done in my life. I texted him this and my girlfriend goes rogue on me. Is it safe for me to continue in this relationship?? One thing about hatred is that you can’t undo it so please I need all your advice on this. ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

This is not intended to disrespect you in any way. The way you treat your kids is not right. You don’t have to force a career on them. Sorry to say but you and your wife lack the understanding on how to go about your kids. Just because you don’t want them to be useless doesn’t mean you have to stress them mentally. They don’t have the parental support that they need in life rather they are scared of you. Why do you think they don’t like coming to the house. Their fathers house is more like a lions den to them. If all parents were like you and your wife then the world would have been a disaster. Take it or leave it you have failed as a parent to your daughters, who knows what you will put your son through. The sooner you realize that we are no longer in your good old days the better for you. Don’t make your kids hate you because you need them. Have a lovely day..[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nwodosis(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
Is not you that insulted them o, it is their daughter whom your he -goat pursuit could not allow to concentrate on her studies!
You have been climbing their daughter against their wish and religion, they have been in that pain trying to use financial control over their daughter and you took over the finance as a Dangote. You now added acid to their injuries by teaching them how to be parents!
Forget that girl, you don't love her. If you love her, you would've made her to be obedient to her parents till you marry her and turn her to whatever pleases you then!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by obytex(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2018
You wrote those shits to ur so called girl friend parents.? Stupidity have taken over you

16 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by SUPERPACK: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
both you, your girlfriend, and her parents are all mad, you all should book a group counselling ASAP.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by viceddy95(m): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
You texted your girl's parents for what exactly,,to advise them or quarrel with them..

The conclusion of the matter is guy,you have something that is missing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
You have got some nerves, saying you hate someone else's parents. It does show in that spiteful text you had the audacity to send her father. Neither of them should allow you to marry their daughter. Your maturity level is -0.03.

You had no right nor business texting her father, condemning their parenting. You even went as far as calling them failed parents. How dare you! Whatever the gf told you could very well be 1/4 of the truth, meaning you don't even know the full story! Yet you jumped ship, sending the man such a disrespectful text. You were waaaaaaay out of line.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by mhizace: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
u don lose d respect wey d gal family go gv u cos of dat text

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Agbaletu: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
You have crossed the line.
You need to apologize to him.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Katier00(f): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
smartcodesng:
I know we do have some shots here. I need your advice on this. It’s about my girlfriend and her parents. While she was in 100 level they catered well for her till she got to 200 level that we started dating. Her parents doesn’t send her money cos they think she is wayward. I have been taking care of all her bills to the very least of them. Anytime she is on call with her parents (either of them) it’s always quarrel and arguments. This has made me develop hatred for them. She claims that since they became deeper life members that was when all these problems started cos she doesn’t wanna be acting the way they want. No trousers and all that. Now he wants her to go for her Masters and it’s causing a huge problem. Knowing that he didn’t contribute anything to her since her 200 level I was infuriated cos if you didn’t contribute nothing during her Bsc pursuit then how does she cope doing masters. I was so angry that I did the most stupid thing I have done in my life. I texted him this and my girlfriend goes rogue on me. Is it safe for me to continue in this relationship?? One thing about hatred is that you can’t undo it so please I need all your advice on this. ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

This is not intended to disrespect you in any way. The way you treat your kids is not right. You don’t have to force a career on them. Sorry to say but you and your wife lack the understanding on how to go about your kids. Just because you don’t want them to be useless doesn’t mean you have to stress them mentally. They don’t have the parental support that they need in life rather they are scared of you. Why do you think they don’t like coming to the house. Their fathers house is more like a lions den to them. If all parents were like you and your wife then the world would have been a disaster. Take it or leave it you have failed as a parent to your daughters, who knows what you will put your son through. The sooner you realize that we are no longer in your good old days the better for you. Don’t make your kids hate you because you need them. Have a lovely day..[b][/b]
you are already disliked as a suitor . what the hell. I even pity your girlfriend. What a temper, it is not your business and nobody put a gun to your head that you most carter for your woman's need. Face your front and apologize to that man too. Woman wey you never married sef, you dey fight the papa like thi

5 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by sisisioge: 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Jisos! You sent that to your prospective FIL? Biko forget about the girl...your investment just got wasted!

4 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
In as much as I condemn your childish act of going to the extent of insulting your girlfriend's parents, they actually deserved to be insulted for their myopic views but never from you.

You're not even married to her yet, and you're acting all macho.

What happens when you eventually marry her and she starts misbehaving, who will you report her to? You allowed your emotions overcloud your judgement.

The mentality of your girlfriend's parents are the reason our society is dysfunctional & full of chaos. They do not even know if the useless doctrine they're trying to instill in their children is faulty or not.

When I eventually assumes the reigns of power, religion will be banned and any unfortunate person acting in contravention of my laws shall be executed by Russian self-propelled anti-aircraft guns.

If religion has answers & solutions to our myriad of problems in Nigeria, we would be competing with advance Nations like Japan, China & Russia.

I did not include Amerika in my list because the only thing she does best is subverting foreign sovereign states, promoting abominations such as bestiality & sponsoring terrorism all over the continents. grin

4 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2018
Did you Press SEND at the end??.. Please say no!

14 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by pocohantas(f): 1:49am On Aug 17, 2018
Though OP's message is harsh and silly, it is only a lesson to parents.
The best way to be a parent, is to be a friend first.
When you fail to take care of your kids, someone out there will do it. He/she might even take it a step further, by brainwashing them. Their loyalty will be with that person. It is not their fault.

Op, I don't blame you at all. I blame your GF. The way you present your family to your BF, that's how he will take them. Make your family look like trash, and they will be treated as trash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:05am On Aug 17, 2018
smartcodesng:

You are part if the problem

You took over responsibilty instead of letting the parents do what their meant to do. They relaxed becoz someone like you has taken over, you are doing it out of love but at the same time you are seeing the negative side of the parents and that feeds your anger towards them.

Most of the time guys like you get dumped when the girl finishes uni and you cry foul becoz u feel used & you thought paying her fees was sort of guarantee that she will love and marry you

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 17, 2018
Lover Boy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by sisisioge: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

You took over responsibilty instead of letting the parents do what their meant to do. They relaxed becoz someone like you has taken over, you are doing it out of love but at the same time you are seeing the negative side of the parents and that feeds your anger towards them.

Most of the time guys like you get dumped when the girl finishes uni and you cry foul becoz u feel used & you thought paying her fees was sort of guarantee that she will love and marry you

The girl might have been lying to him to get extra cash. I have done it before. She would collect from them and collect from him as well just to get more. How in the world will deeper life parents leave their children's upbringing to strangers? When her father suggested masters, did he say to his face he wanted him to foot the bill? Whew, he should just forget it...na front he go find him wife grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by 9japrof(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2018
Dude you have no right to text the parents and teach them about parenting besides that your girlfriend of yours could really be wayward and give you another impression.

The parents know her better than you do and even do they may be going the wrong way according to your standards, they want the best for her.

A charity organization like you that have taken over paying the bills even to the very least, I hope you remember paying the bills of your mom and siblings cos if you are not you are very stupid.

I don't have much to tell you, cos you've been "pussified" and when that spell leaves you, you would then know you've been "magalised",please do not come to nairaland to write us those your sad love songs

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by darlenese(f): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
you are the most stupid boy I have ever seen, you are forrking someone 's daughter and u have the audacity to text trash to them, WTF!

I blame the stupid fool that offered her free towtoe to u.

msheeeeerw0

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
sisisioge:

The girl might have been lying to him to get extra cash. I have done it before. She would collect from them and collect from him as well just to get more. How in the world will deeper life parents leave their children's upbringing to strangers? When her father suggested masters, did he say to his face he wanted him to foot the bill? Whew, he should just forget it...na front he go find him wife grin

True version didnt cross my mind

The guy is too blind to see
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by excanny: 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
That old man could get you arrested for threat to life.

Better watch your back.

Cos if Na me you send that text, I swear to God, I will find one day and read thru the criminal code to get one offence to pin you down.

Nothing will stop you from spending some nights in jail for such a silly msg.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by greatgod2012(f): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
How are you sure your GF was actually telling you the whole truth about her parent?

How are you sure your GF wasn't telling you all those sob stories about her parent in order to exhort more cash from you!

Anyway, I guess you were still contemplating whether to send the message or not. My advice is ......DO NOT SEND IT!

And in case you have actually sent it, I guess you've already concluded that, you can never have him as your FIL and he also can never have you as his SIL.

May God help you all!

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
greatgod2012:
How are you sure your GF was actually telling you the whole truth about her parent?

How are you sure your GF wasn't telling you all those sob stories about her parent in order to exhort more cash from you!

Anyway, I guess you were still contemplating whether to send the message or not. My advice is ......DO NOT SEND IT!

And in case you have actually sent it, I guess you've already concluded that, you can never have him as your FIL and he also can never have you as his SIL.

May God help you all!

OP sent the text message.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Acidosis(m): 7:45am On Aug 18, 2018
How can you hate your girlfriend's parent when you as a person is a product of failed parenting? You obviously lied and stole from your parents to sponsor a lying and shameless girlfriend whose parents strived so hard to train in the right way.

If I were her father, I will ensure you spend at least 15 years in Prison.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Chubhie: 8:58am On Aug 18, 2018
smartcodesng:

Youngman, You play with a roaring flame. Too toxic for all three interests.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by southernbelle(f): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2018
I don't think you were right to send this text to your girlfriend's father irrespective of what you were told, what you have witnessed or how you feel about them - you haven't married their daughter yet and even if you have, there are limits to what you can say.
Parenting has no manual, you will get there someday and I am very sure you won't appreciate it if someone treats you like this as well.
So please apologize to her parents if you still want to continue the relationship.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by virud: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
How can you hate the very pot that was used to cook a meal which you professed to have loved?

It is not the hammer that should be blamed, it is the carpenter that should take all the blame.

If a meal is proving too difficult to be prepared, should one blame the ingredients or the chef that was given the mandate to have the meal prepared?

My brother, do a deep soul searching and face reality.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by chioma134: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
smartcodesng:

You are probably very young and naive. Why would your girlfriend go rogue on you if all she told you about her parents were true? She probably lied to you. Her parents were still fending for her, but she needed more to meet up with her adopted lifestyle. You'll need the special grace of God to succeed in this relationship. Let this serve as a learning point for you; never interfere in family squabbles.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by thelish(f): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
God save u say nor be my dad u send this nonsense u call SMS. Three bullet for dey inside ur brain n blokos for mortuary by now.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Acidosis(m): 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
thelish:
shocked shocked thelish??
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Boss13: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2018
smartcodesng:

ARE YOU MAD??. What right do you have to send such a message. Even husbands who are legally married do not text their father-in-law such. What kind of child are you? Who are your parents? Your girlfriend should leave you because you are not matured.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by Boss13: 5:56am On Aug 19, 2018
southernbelle:
I don't think you were right to send this text to your girlfriend's father irrespective of what you were told, what you have witnessed or how you feel about them - you haven't married their daughter yet and even if you have, there are limits to what you can say.
Parenting has no manual, you will get there someday and I am very sure you won't appreciate it if someone treats you like this as well.
So please apologize to her parents if you still want to continue the relationship.

What kind of apology does he want to give. He should end the relationship because he has blown it due to his stupidity. The lesson he needs to learn is never interfer into people’s matter regardless of what you hear. They may never be telling you the truth in the first place.
Re: I Hate My Girlfriend’s Parents by victorian(f): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

Don't mind him. He is so ignorant.
A guy I knew, did the same thing to his babe girlfriend. And the babe parents are rich o. But the dad simply decided to stop paying her fees and sending upkeep money to her cos he does not want his daughter to date the guy anymore, due to the kind of attitude the guy and his siblings have. But babe no listen to dad. The guy got angry and was taking care of her fees and upkeep, she packed out of her dad's house sef. And the guy rented an apartment for her outside hostel until she graduated. After graduation , family friends and extended family came in and settle dad and daughter fight.
At the end, she went back to her parents, cut off from the guy. Cause everyone was like if a boyfriend can support disunity between daughter and father.. Cause she's the first daughter, then such guy is a very bad man and cause havoc within the family.
That's how she left him, the dad matchmaked her with one of his buisness partner's son, a good looking richer guy, who is into oiyel money.
She married now with kids grin

This her other bf fell sick for a month, crying, cursing the family cos he lost her. Even upon his British citizen passport and British accent . Feeling he's the best thing that can ever happen to a woman. He still got dumped! Lol.
He has gone back to the UK. LOL

So op! Just forget the babe,lick your wounds and move on.
you get mind o! I swear!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are These Nursery Rhymes Teaching Our Kids / Residents Of Akute, Olambe (ogun State) And Environs Meeting Point / My Marriage: Lessons For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.