Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. (8711 Views)

MTN 4G Network Is Bad. / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / Asus Rog 2 Is The Most Spec-heavy Gaming Phone In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by OneKinGuy(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2018
kvngjesse:

What phone is this bro?
Its xiaomi fr sure ik
Ya. Redmi note 4x

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Spectre81(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2018
What if your phone is specifically built for games like the Xiaomi black shark
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by younglleo: 8:02am On Aug 17, 2018
eezeribe:
Please tell them ooh...
Some of them even run plsystation emulator games(PSP iso ) on their phones with heavier graphics than android games and data as large 3GB...
linus. U can lie oo
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by durubennie(m): 8:09am On Aug 17, 2018
i still wonder why people play all this large file games on their android with shitty graphics.. Just get yourself a ps4 if u dnt have moni den buy ps3 or a ps2... smiley
The only game ive enjoyed playing on my android is angry birds 2 grin
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by foolbuster: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

I know this question must have popped up many times in your mind, which is why I want to address this issue.
There are lots and lots of interesting games out there such as Need for speed, Injustice, God of war, Warcraft, Assassins creed, etc. The games are just too many and most of the interesting ones are very heavy (up to 1.5GB or more) and very graphic intensive. These games are very addictive and you may be tempted to play it for hours without knowing the effect it has on your precious smartphones.. These are some of the reasons why too much gaming is not really good for your smartphone.

1. Overheating and stress

Overheating is the NUMBER ONE ENEMY of every smartphone. When you start playing a heavy game on your smartphone it causes the phone to become very hot especially when the game is played for up to 30 mins. This is exclusive to all smartphone not just Infinix products. Heating of the phone is due to the intensive work being done by the processor. Overheating is the phone especially the battery. I also want to advice that charging the phone while playing games with it is also not good.

2. Battery

Lithium based batteries, which most batteries are built upon, reduces life span whenever it gets hot. Just because you phone is loaded with large 4000mAh or 5000mAH doesn’t mean it is built for playing heavy games. The battery size is mainly to carry you for longer hours without needing to charge again. Heavy gaming drains battery fast making you to charge your phone over and over again. This can fry your battery and reduce the lifespan of the battery. Nowadays most phones come with non-removable batteries so how do you intend to change it when it becomes dead ?

My advice

I’m not saying do not play games with your phones, I even play with my phone but don’t play for hours non-stop until the phone becomes very hot and starts lagging, CAPITAL NO. It’s not good at all. Another thing is don’t charge your phone while playing games at the same time, allow the phone to be fully charged before playing your games and allow the battery to go down before charging. Also do not charge overnight. It saves your phone in many ways .

SOURCE:http://techcapon.com/this-is-why-heavy-gaming-is-bad-for-your-smartphone/

Does this apply to phones made primarily for gaming?
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2018
In a few years, this thread would become obsolete too...the beauty of technology grin grin grin
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Lovexme(m): 8:27am On Aug 17, 2018
Try the Xiaomi Blackshark.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by foolbuster: 8:28am On Aug 17, 2018
durubennie:
i still wonder why people play all this large file games on their android with shitty graphics.. Just get yourself a ps4 if u dnt have moni den buy ps3 or a ps2... smiley
The only game ive enjoyed playing on my android is angry birds 2 grin

Lolz, you definitely have not owned an iPhone 6 and upwards
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by eofafrica4lyf: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. We the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.

How can I get this game bro?
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by hopefulLandlord: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2018
Richdad50:
PS3.....Are you ok....are you MAD!!!!
What sort of unwarranted insult is this?
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by TechCapon(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2018
foolbuster:

Does this apply to phones made primarily for gaming?
yeah. Almost all phones use Lithium batteries
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by durubennie(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2018
yeah its true
but i played asphalt 8 and Nova 3 on an ipad air2... apple is something else
foolbuster:

Lolz, you definitely have not owned an iPhone 6 and upwards
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by JeffreyJames(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Trash!!.... Especially the battery part. I've been doing that for years and I've never changed my battery on any phone I've used.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Fahrenhite(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. We the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.

Ao far, wetin be ur name for pubg

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2018
Richdad50:
what's wrong?
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by SachaBastien(m): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2018
"Nowadays most phones come with non-removable batteries so how do you intend to change it when it becomes dead ?"
That statement shows you are a novitiate or a copy and paste writer or both. Do your research before you go tapping your keypad and misinforming the unenlightened public.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by OneKinGuy(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2018
eofafrica4lyf:

How can I get this game bro?
download from playstore
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by OneKinGuy(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2018
Fahrenhite:

Ao far, wetin be ur name for pubg
Goodi007
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by TheSoothSayer(m): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2018
pls what's the name of the game in the first pic
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Holywizard: 10:35am On Aug 17, 2018
That won't be possible bcoz I left it with my bro at Owerri and I'm in Rivers state
Girah35:
Bro how far... Where do you stay?.. I have ps3 also and wanna do a swap for some games
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by Holywizard: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2018
What do u mean?
Richdad50:

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by atmewsis(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. when the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.
Yea bro!!!

Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by foolbuster: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2018
TechCapon:
yeah. Almost all phones use Lithium batteries

I disagree, psp and other portable gaming devices also has lithium batteries. the raZer phone whose essence if for gaming and gaming alone has been optimized for gaming and gaming only. Other functions are secondary. So there are exceptions sir.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by grudges: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2018
amansi:
Heavy gaming suck the battery and not only that it weakens it too. But if you love gaming online it is not a bad idea. I will suggest you do that with the new cheap airtel data plan here: https://www.passmaga.com/2018/06/airtel-data-plan-airtel-offers-airtel-recharge.html
is this one for real, *440*16# for 1500 to get 3.5Gb is this not for blackberry only.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by wheezyoung(m): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2018
kvngjesse:
Do whatever you want with your phone, dont know why it bothers most people!
Jeez, people are so fking dumb
Jesse where you na..??
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by kvngjesse(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2018
wheezyoung:
Jesse where you na..??
Sup bro
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by PaypalGod(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
OneKinGuy:
Story for the gods, gaming all the way. when the phone spoil we go buy another one. We no dy anybody, nobody dy rush us, na money we dy rush.

Join our pubg mobile group.
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by OneKinGuy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
PaypalGod:

Join our pubg mobile group.
whatsapp?, add me zero ate zero 57301879
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by wheezyoung(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
kvngjesse:

Sup bro
good,why you jaa from WhatsApp
Re: This Is Why Heavy Gaming Is Bad For Your Smartphone. by kvngjesse(m): 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
wheezyoung:
good,why you jaa from WhatsApp
Lol pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Twitter stops counting photos, links, and usernames in its 140-character limit / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / Infinix, Mayorkun And Ruger Celebrate Fans Over The Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.