Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,360 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k (29202 Views)

Man Beats His Pregnant Wife To Death After 19 Days Of Marriage / Man Butchered His Wife Over Misunderstanding (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Chidiebere Okoroafor Paraded For Killing His Pregnant Lover And 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by SolexxBarry(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
What kind of push would kill someone,except she fell on something hard or sharp,i pity him rip tho,rip
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by bukiah: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
sunnysunny69:

First 1k for 2 living souls then they already had 7 children. Can poor people please stop having a lot of children only to blame the government and the state of the economy
Abeg tell them o. Sometimes it's not their fault. These people live in a single room and once their bodies touch like this Na so so fire.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Lordofthewest(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Sad

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by eddyslim(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wicked souls everywhere
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by onlytiles(m): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Anger management is very important but then. there was no intent to kill so I don't know how it was tried as a murder case. Death sentence is very harsh. so did the judge consider the children? no matter what, they still need their father
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by ericlove4all: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
BlackPeni5:
Three lives sacrificed for N1k. Its very important to have control over your temper.
Manslaugher would have been an appropriate charge in this case not murder. He was careless and wicked but I don't think he wanted to kill his wife.

Same thought. Its a manslaughter case. No malicious intention to cause death. No lethal weapon unless a push from height like a storey building qualifies for murder especially when the husband chased her to that point before push her down but nothing of such was reported in this case.......

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Dearlord(m): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
Better for him being hanged if not the life of the poor children remains at risk

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by BIXYBABE: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Moreoffaith:
MAD MAN
7KIDS AND SHE IS EVEN PREGNANT, IF SHE COM E BORN TRIPLET NKO?
AS IN I DONT UNDERSTAND THE GUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY.
YOUR DICK DEY RISE BUT YOU NO FIT FEED YOUR KIDS, MAD MAN
RIP TO THE DEAD WOMAN.
Infact this naija matter retire me.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
PrincessB1:
Arghh! Look at what one thousand naira has caused.
Probably he was'nt expecting more cash that moment but yet he should have controlled his anger and not his anger controlling him because the money was used to prepare food for the family. Except there is more to it.

Who will now take care of the 7 children left behind sad
Don't ever take a decission when you are angry,you will ever regret it.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by donbachi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
Some men are demons,if not worst than the demons...how can a man raise his filthy hands on a woman,he once professed love for.even told her that'anytime he looks into her eyes,he sees his future'.not to talk of hitting a pregnant woman.carrying his unborn child,to the extent of watching her die from his beatings...such men should be thrown inside the zoo,and have the lions and other wicked creatures like him.feast on him....i can't raise my hands on any woman..talkless,of my lovely chocomiliky.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by JacksonOyibo: 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
smiley
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Miarose: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wiseman007:
Then who will take care of the 7 children left behind.
They should tamper justice with mercy.
mbok.

for the wife to steal 1000 that led to thier death means he wasnt even feeding them before.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by opribo(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
PrincessB1:
Arghh! Look at what one thousand naira has caused.
Probably he was'nt expecting more cash that moment but yet he should have controlled his anger and not his anger controlling him because the money was used to prepare food for the family. Except there is more to it.

Who will now take care of the 7 children left behind sad

Government

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by AfonjaSlaves(f): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
just because of 1k , zai Barbar it will never be well with you
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by DrMuzungu(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
Killing a pregnant woman is not a murder. It is, at least, a double or triple (or even bigger) murder.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Engrr(m): 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
What happens to the children?
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by udemzyudex(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Anger, I know some women can be very annoying but I think that's what makes them unique, different from men. As a man if you understand this then there will be no wahala but if you don't understand and can't keep up with the sh1t, then quit.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Alva2018: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2018
Engrr:
What happens to the children?
serious question to be answered by.....

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
Maromark:
The devil at work
Na this kind statement wey dey vex.Can't people just take responsibility for their action without involving the devil?.Did the devil raise the man's leg to kick his wife and did the devil stretch the man's hand to push his wife?.Pls do away with this your narrow minded belief.It will not do you any good.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by adetes: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
Men should kno hw to control their anger
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by PierreAbutu(m): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
Letenwam:
A Nigerian man identified as Friday Uko, has been sentenced to death by hanging for killing his pregnant wife, Patience Uko.

The Nigerian who reportedly pushed his 3-month-old pregnant wife, Patience, on the 14th August, 2014, because she took N1000 from his pocket and used it to cook food for their seven children, was handed the death sentence by an Akwa Ibom State High Court, sitting in Ikot Ekpene after Justice Ntong Ntong found him guilty of the crime.

Justice Ntong who stated that the instant death of Patience showed the intention to kill and the force the husband exerted in pushing his wife down, expressed displeasure that a pregnant wife who should have been pampered and cared for by her husband was killed by the same man.

“The accused pushed his wife down having known that she was pregnant and that he ought to know that a pregnant woman ought to be pampered and treated with love and not violence.

“The case is straightforward and that the accused had told the court through his extrajudicial statement that he caused the death of his wife by kicking her because of misunderstanding over N1,000. Anyone who unlawfully kills another is entitled to face the law,” the judge held.

While the convict whose lawyer was not available to defend him pleaded for mercy to enable him go home and take care of his children, the Judge held on to Uko being hanged until he his confirmed dead.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-death-for-killing-his-pregnant-wife-over-n1k/

Akwa Ibomites=wicked souls
Did my NYSC there under this same Judge....highly intelligent man
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by josephinegal(f): 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
this is why I hate akwa ibom men because their own way of practising his strength is to lay hands on their wives. they love beating their wives. it's disgusting.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by PierreAbutu(m): 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
BIXYBABE:
Abeg dem no kill d man, although I didn't support wat he did but dey just want to make life more miserable for d 7 children. No one will take care of them, even family members.

Madam, will u be making this same comment if that lady was ya sister or daughter?

Udom Emmanuel and their granny will take care of them angry
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by frugal(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
Letenwam:

While the convict whose lawyer was not available to defend him pleaded for mercy to enable him go home and take care of his children, the Judge held on to Uko being hanged until he his confirmed dead.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-death-for-killing-his-pregnant-wife-over-n1k/

The judge got no joy.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Airoflaw(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
pweshboi:
Just because of 1k you killed your pregnant wife... God punish you there
finish him!!! (mortal combat voice)

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Shukuakukobambi: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2018
sunnysunny69:

First 1k for 2 living souls then they already had 7 children. Can poor people please stop having a lot of children only to blame the government and the state of the economy

The matter tire me. I don't know if it's the poverty that makes them have sympathy sex or whether poverty increases fertility but after 7 children, you wey N1K fit lead to murder still dey impregnate the wife? haba angry

Now 9 lives or 10 if you count the unborn baby have been destroyed angry

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by kokoboy4life(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
ednut1:
7 children now go turn house boys and house gals.Any poor person after 2 kids shud be sterilised.

It baffles me how poor people will have the mind of reproducing children in numbers without a concrete plan for the upbringing of these Innocent children.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by miclef86(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
Anger is evil.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by 12Monkeys: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is a useless judgement

Did the prosecution establish a premeditated motive to kill with intent by pushing?

This is total nonsense.

Highest this guy deserves is manslaughter charge and conviction

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by justtoodark: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2018
which type nonesense is this....??

thats like 2dollars.....

blaimy.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Detects Drug (Meth) Lab In VGC, Lagos / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / Man Trying To Sleep With A Boy In Benin City (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.