Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k (29201 Views)

Man Beats His Pregnant Wife To Death After 19 Days Of Marriage / Man Butchered His Wife Over Misunderstanding (Graphic Photos) / Pastor Chidiebere Okoroafor Paraded For Killing His Pregnant Lover And 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by shineeye1: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
God save us from a wasted destiny!
Wife and mother of home is dead, killed by husband.
Father and killer husband to be killed by hanging for act of murder of own wife.
Children to become scattered in the wilderness of life as hapless orphans.
All because of one misguided reckless moment!
Beware of temper!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by itzjwizzy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
sinaj:
People should learn how to control their anger
So shameful for a man to lay his hands on his wife. Too wrong.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Wicked man.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by pluto3(m): 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
foolish court and lawyers..... thats man slaughter and not murder...... he shud be given some years in jail.... zoo

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Marpol: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
Letenwam:
A Nigerian man identified as Friday Uko, has been sentenced to death by hanging for killing his pregnant wife, Patience Uko.

The Nigerian who reportedly pushed his 3-month-old pregnant wife, Patience, on the 14th August, 2014, because she took N1000 from his pocket and used it to cook food for their seven children, was handed the death sentence by an Akwa Ibom State High Court, sitting in Ikot Ekpene after Justice Ntong Ntong found him guilty of the crime.

Justice Ntong who stated that the instant death of Patience showed the intention to kill and the force the husband exerted in pushing his wife down, expressed displeasure that a pregnant wife who should have been pampered and cared for by her husband was killed by the same man.

“The accused pushed his wife down having known that she was pregnant and that he ought to know that a pregnant woman ought to be pampered and treated with love and not violence.

“The case is straightforward and that the accused had told the court through his extrajudicial statement that he caused the death of his wife by kicking her because of misunderstanding over N1,000. Anyone who unlawfully kills another is entitled to face the law,” the judge held.

While the convict whose lawyer was not available to defend him pleaded for mercy to enable him go home and take care of his children, the Judge held on to Uko being hanged until he his confirmed dead.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-death-for-killing-his-pregnant-wife-over-n1k/

Who will care for the 7 children that will be rendered orphans? This is sheer stupidity. The judge could have handed him a suspended sentence.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by uuzba(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2018
Moreoffaith:
MAD MAN

7KIDS AND SHE IS EVEN PREGNANT, IF SHE COM E BORN TRIPLET NKO?

AS IN I DONT UNDERSTAND THE GUT SOME PEOPLE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY.

YOUR DICK DEY RISE BUT YOU NO FIT FEED YOUR KIDS, MAD MAN

RIP TO THE DEAD WOMAN.

Sweet talk of condemnation.
Is he the only man that has private part?
When so many youth RIGHT HERE ON NAIRALAND pride themselves with formication, masturbation and abortion... Do you all think you can escape God's judgement?
-
Jesus asked us to pray FOR our ENEMIES - so they have a change of heart.
He did not ask us to judge and condemn anybody.
Pray for him.
One day, your own enemy will also pray FOR you (not AGAINST you. FOR you).
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by KenModi(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
sunnysunny69:

First 1k for 2 living souls then they already had 7 children. Can poor people please stop having a lot of children only to blame the government and the state of the economy

Bro, sense left Nigeria a lonnnnggggg time ago
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Anextin(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
BIXYBABE:
Abeg dem no kill d man, although I didn't support wat he did but dey just want to make life more miserable for d 7 children. No one will take care of them, even family members.
If he couldn't allow his family of 9 eat food with just 1k, how on earth will he cater for the 7 kids left.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Mizwisdom(f): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
Irony of life, one rich family have paid for 6 IVF since 1998, looking for a child, while this poor family are having 8 unwanted children.

Need books?
contact me orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
Yet Maryam sanders who killed her husband is walking free.

They didn't pity this man because of the kids, I hope they won't pity her because of kids oh. Her's was pure first degree murder while this one is manslaughter.

THE SEXISM IN THIS COUNTRY IS JUST TOO MUCH

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Moreoffaith(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
uuzba:

Sweet talk of condemnation.
Is he the only man that has private part?
When so many youth RIGHT HERE ON NAIRALAND pride themselves with formication, masturbation and abortion... Do you all think you can escape God's judgement?
-
Jesus asked us to pray FOR our ENEMIES - so they have a change of heart.
He did not ask us to judge and condemn anybody.
Pray for him.
One day, your own enemy will also pray FOR you (not AGAINST you. FOR you).

I am not against you preaching the Gospel my dear brother.

Where did i judge him?

Is he my enemy @ bolded..

So if you dont masturbate, fornicate or abort pregnancy, does that make you bite more than you can chew??

Mr pastor can you raise your hand and beat your wife not to talk of pregnant wife

IF YOU HAVE CALLING KINDLY GET A PLOT OF LAND, MEGA PHONE AND START ATTENDING TO THOSE IN YOUR STREET, ABI NA ONLINE CALLING YOU RECEIVE NI?

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Mizwisdom(f): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
Marpol:

Who will care for the 7 children that will be rendered orphans? This is sheer stupidity. The judge could have handed him a suspended sentence.

orphanage is better, the man will kill them
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Mizwisdom(f): 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
Engrr:
What happens to the children?
Orphanage
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by itzjwizzy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
grin grin grin na wa o. I even de wonder how the topic take relate him sermon o.. Ppl sha
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Gboliwe: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
May God forbid evil!

They were expecting an 8th child!

In this economy? 8th child.

May God punish poverty!

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by gabbasin: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Iam not surprised for this judgement because the convict did not get a good representation in court, what I see here is manslaughter not murder and the way poor accused are served justice in Nigeria is unjustified.

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Sarang(f): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Poverty is evil aswear.. 1000 gini
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by CioAngels(f): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
I plead with the government and family of his wife to allow him live to take of the more than half football team and must be told/warned not to ever marry again because it will create danger for the children as soon as the woman comes home. Is either the children will be made to stop eating, schooling or turned slowpoke and house girls and boys in their fathers house, the woman will make their father turn his back on the children by turning to slowpoke. But we women sha, we continue to de born. We should stop blaming the men, a woman should know that after four children she should go to the health center for family planning procedures.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Lalas247(f): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
lefulefu:
Wicked man.
over 1k shocked
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lalas247:

over 1k shocked
could im be wan take d money go play nairabet or maybe go take drink for beer palour. Na selfishness and poverty cause dis one.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Lalas247(f): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2018
lefulefu:
could im be wan take d money go play nairabet or maybe go take drink for beer palour. Na selfishness and poverty cause dis one.
I'm shocked .... wonder what he will tell God sad
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lalas247:

I'm shocked .... wonder what he will tell God sad
when im reach heaven to answer im case iyam sure he will pile all blame on buhari

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Lalas247(f): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
lefulefu:
when im reach heaven to answer im case iyam sure he will pile all blame on buhari
lol .. government is always the issue never the individual..

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by alizma: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
Jonathan see what the poverty you brought upon Nigerians has caused
now those children have lost both parents, thanks to you.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by princeAremo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
he deserve some private killing

Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by thedondada(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2018
ednut1:
7 children now go turn house boys and house gals.Any poor person after 2 kids shud be sterilised.

I think I agree with this. If a man can fight because of 1k he cannot be having 7 children. Just fucking up and down without recourse to the outcome.

I also blame the illiterate women who have no choice but to Bleep thier poor husband under the guise of let him not Bleep outside

If your man is poor and cannot feed you and two kids pls let him go and Bleep outside let them drag him there manage with your 2 children.

Not piling up to 7 kids. She took 1k to feed 7 children and got killed for it.
Man people who cannot afford kids shouldn't be allowed to have them.

They are part of the problem.
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by frozen70(f): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
Stupid man

You married her and she birthed 7 children for you

She took your 1000 to cook for your children

You pushed her while you know that she is pregnant with the 8th child

You are an idiot and ungrateful man to be called a husband

You will definitely be hanged until your last breath, thats what you bargained for
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by frozen70(f): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2018
BIXYBABE:
Abeg dem no kill d man, although I didn't support wat he did but dey just want to make life more miserable for d 7 children. No one will take care of them, even family members.

Even if he is forgiven, he will marry another woman and keep procrating

Let him go and face it

Those children will and must survive come what may

Others will learn from his stupid act
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by Teeboi56: 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
Haaaaaa
So since 2014 he was in detention
Re: Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Pregnant Wife Over N1k by omoranmilowo: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
The damage had been done. Though it's a wicked act but let us consider the life of the seven children left behind and tamper justice with mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accused Of Snatching Male Organ In Lokoja (Picture) / Thugs Who Kidnapped Edo Zoo Director, Killed 3 Policemen In The Process Arrested / NDLEA Detects Drug (Meth) Lab In VGC, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.