Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential (2293 Views)

No Superior Religion In Nigeria — CAN, NSCIA / Obvious Fact That Oyedepo of Winners Chapel Is A Sadist And A Predator: / Check Out 10 Prominent And Influential Igbo Muslims In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Maamin:

Trinity is a fallacy, there is nothing to teach.

Okay sir.

But I usually advice people, even if you think your position is absolutely right, still try to objectively consider the two (or more) sides of an argument.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by OneJ: 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
sonofthunder:

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Pls Read John 8:53,56-58 in different bible translations & get the exact meaning.
V58 Before Abraham was born (or before Abraham's existence/ Before Abraham lived ) ,"ego himi on" ,( that is, " I exist" or I had existed" etc. )
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by ichuka(m): 11:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
Romans9:5.Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

New Living Translation
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

English Standard Version
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Berean Study Bible
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.

Berean Literal Bible
whose are the patriarchs; and from whom is Christ according to the flesh, being God over all, blessed to the ages. Amen.

New American Standard Bible
whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

King James Bible
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Christian Standard Bible
The ancestors are theirs, and from them, by physical descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, praised forever.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by OneJ: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
sonofthunder:

if I worship the Son, have I worshipped the Father?

Who did the son instructed U to worship?

"For it is written: Worship (Jehovah/Yahweh) your God,and serve HIM alone" Matt4:10.
Shalom.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by ichuka(m): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Galatains3:19Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20A mediator, however, implies more than one party; "BUT GOD IS ONE"
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by OneJ: 12:10am On Aug 21, 2018
ichuka:
Romans9:5.Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

New Living Translation
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

English Standard Version
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Berean Study Bible
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.

Berean Literal Bible
whose are the patriarchs; and from whom is Christ according to the flesh, being God over all, blessed to the ages. Amen.

New American Standard Bible
whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

King James Bible
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Christian Standard Bible
The ancestors are theirs, and from them, by physical descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, praised forever.

These Bible translations U put up above , were laced with Trinitarian bias but the New American Standard Bible (NASB) & the King James Bible (for both popular Trinitarian Bibles to give a rendition different from their peers, ) exposes the fraud in the manner that other Bibles rendered the verse.:

"Whose are the fathers ,& of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came,who is over all,God blessed for ever. Amen".

Christ is not God Almighty. The KJB& NASB are very correct.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by Maamin(m): 7:42am On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

Okay sir.

But I usually advice people, even if you think your position is absolutely right, still try to objectively consider the two (or more) sides of an argument.

It has long been considered and done away with. There is but one true God and not three in one.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by Maamin(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

You can Dean the verses in between the below verses...

John 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Yes all those verses are correct, what are you trying to prove with the verses anyway! That Jesus is Yahweh? undecided
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by Maamin(m): 8:10am On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

They weren't angry He existed before Abraham, they were angry that He 'thought' He was greater than Abraham.

I think you should learn to divide the scripture properly with scripture.

John 8:51-59
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Now look at verse 53 carefully, the Jews asked him that "Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead:".. they further asked him "whom makest thou thyself?" that is who made him(Jesus).

Asking Christ if he is greater than Abraham here simply mean if he existed before Abraham and the dead prophets. Verse 57 further threw more light in what they meant.

They misunderstood Christ as to physically exist before even his ancestors.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2018
OneJ:

Who did the son instructed U to worship?

"For it is written: Worship (Jehovah/Yahweh) your God,and serve HIM alone" Matt4:10.
Shalom.
but if I honour the Son, don't I also honour the Father?
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2018
OneJ:

Pls read John 8:12-59. 10:11-37. Read it &get the understanding of the context of Jesus statement & the false allegations ("making yourself equal God" ) that the Jews laid against him. It is dubious to isolate the phrase "I am".

In the context of John 8 ,we see how Jesus proved to the Jews that he had a prehuman existence prior to Abraham's birth, therefore Christ. is older than Abraham, "Before Abraham was born, I am (or I exist)"

The Greek word "ego himi " means 'I exist', which translates to "I am" in English

It has no connection with Exodus 3:14, which has been corrupted to read "I am that am" in some English Bible translations,rather than the original Hebrew phrase " Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh " which means "I will be what/ who I will be"

"Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh" does not mean "I am that I am"

The old Testament (OT) was originally in Hebrew. The language has no present tense, unlike Greek.
"I am that I am" does not exist in Hebrew.

In the course of translating OT from Hebrew to Greek, the original Hebrew rendition & meaning was dubiously substituted in favour of the Greek.. (make for them say " I am" in Greek (john 8:58) na the same "I am that I am" wey dey them put for Hebrew.(Exodus 3:14).

Them do the wayo put there to claim say Jesus na Baba God.

It's similar to some one U gave permission to translate your best selling book from Yoruba to English. But U later found out he mistranslated a Yoruba proverb into English & gave it a wrong & different meaning which U never stated in your book.

You are the only one bringing up exodus 3:14 here...
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2018
OneJ:

Pls Read John 8:53,56-58 in different bible translations & get the exact meaning.
V58 Before Abraham was born (or before Abraham's existence/ Before Abraham lived ) ,"ego himi on" ,( that is, " I exist" or I had existed" etc. )

OneJ:

OneJ:

the amplified bible says..... Jesus answered, If I were to glorify Myself (magnify, praise, and honor Myself), I would have no real glory, for My glory would be nothing and worthless. [My honor must come to Me from My Father.] It is My Father Who glorifies Me [Who extols Me, magnifies, and praises Me], of Whom you say that He is your God.
What do you understand from it?
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Maamin:

Yes all those verses are correct, what are you trying to prove with the verses anyway! That Jesus is Yahweh? undecided
I think I lack the idea(s) to properly prove my point to YOU.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Maamin:

It has long been considered and done away with. There is but one true God and not three in one.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by Maamin(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

I think I lack the idea(s) to properly prove my point to YOU.

wink
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by OneJ: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

the amplified bible says..... Jesus answered, If I were to glorify Myself (magnify, praise, and honor Myself), I would have no real glory, for My glory would be nothing and worthless. [My honor must come to Me from My Father.] It is My Father Who glorifies Me [Who extols Me, magnifies, and praises Me], of Whom you say that He is your God.
What do you understand from it?

"The haughtiness of a man will humble him.But whoever is humble in spirit will obtain glory." Prov29:23.

Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah & he will exalt you" James 4:10.

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,& whoever humbles himself will be exalted"
Matt 23:12.

Jesus humbled himself before His Father & his Father exalted him to a position of glory.
Likewise, God Almighty himself will exalt you when U are humble.

Jesus is not God Almighty. Jesus has a Father but God Almighty himself (Father of Jesus) has no Father.
Shalom.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
OneJ:

"The haughtiness of a man will humble him.But whoever is humble in spirit will obtain glory." Prov29:23.

Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah & he will exalt you" James 4:10.

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled,& whoever humbles himself will be exalted"
Matt 23:12.

Jesus humbled himself before His Father & his Father exalted him to a position of glory.
Likewise, God Almighty himself will exalt you when U are humble.

Jesus is not God Almighty. Jesus has a Father but God Almighty himself (Father of Jesus) has no Father.
Shalom.
And what is the usefulness of God glorifying Jesus?
Because He's older than Abraham or because He is greater? if the Jews had simply understood Jesus to be saying He was older, they would have left Him for a lunatic but He claimed to be greater than their father Abraham hence they wanted to stone Him for blasphemously equating Himself to God Almighty. How can the Word of a man grant eternal life even if sinless?
John 1 says and the Word was with God, and the Word was GOD.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by OneJ: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
sonofthunder:

And what is the usefulness of God glorifying Jesus?
Because He's older than Abraham or because He is greater? if the Jews had simply understood Jesus to be saying He was older, they would have left Him for a lunatic but He claimed to be greater than their father Abraham hence they wanted to stone Him for blasphemously equating Himself to God Almighty. How can the Word of a man grant eternal life even if sinless?
John 1 says and the Word was with God, and the Word was GOD.
The word is not God Almighty himself.
" The word (a person) was with the God (another person).
"He was with GOD Almighty in the beginning"
The word became flesh.... who came from the Father.
NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN GOD but the only begotten son who is at the Father's side,has made him known.
I have seen & I testify that this is the son of God" John 1:1,2,14,18,34.
Shalom.
Re: Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential by sonofthunder: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
OneJ:

The word is not God Almighty himself.
" The word (a person) was with the God (another person).
"He was with GOD Almighty in the beginning"
The word became flesh.... who came from the Father.
NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN GOD but the only begotten son who is at the Father's side,has made him known.
I have seen & I testify that this is the son of God" John 1:1,2,14,18,34.
Shalom.
Your first sentence contradicts John chapter 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! I'm Confused. / 5 Ways God Will Use Your Problem. / What Is Wrong With A Parable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.