Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

Why Are Some People Humble To Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some People Humble To Society? (425 Views)

Men With Things To Offer Are Often Targets To Society / How Ladies See Their Body In The Society(pics). / Giving Back To Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by Eglobalma: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2018
I’m really struggling to understand why anyone will choose to be humble to a two faced , fair weather society that only celebrates you when ur at an advantage and ignore your existence when ur at a disadvantage. People will only come around u when u have money, influence, power, good looks, and anything good but once u lose your relevance, the very same people will literally treat u like u don’t exist. Most people learn this sad fact as adults but are still humble to society and strangers. The day I learned this fact all humility died inside of me, cuz I couldn’t stomach being submissive to a society that is more fake than the word fake itself. So I want to ask you, why are u humble ? Is it ignorance or plain stupidity? Please be honest.
Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2018
Eglobalma:
I’m really struggling to understand why anyone will choose to be humble to a two faced , fair weather society that only celebrates you when ur at an advantage and ignore your existence when ur at a disadvantage. People will only come around u when u have money, influence, power, good looks, and anything good but once u lose your relevance, the very same people will literally treat u like u don’t exist. Most people learn this sad fact as adults but are still humble to society and strangers. The day I learned this fact all humility died inside of me, cuz I couldn’t stomach being submissive to a society that is more fake than the word fake itself. So I want to ask you, why are u humble ? Is it ignorance or plain stupidity? Please be honest.

its called life, and social media brought such fakeness and mediocrity to an all time high. there is only one way to deal with it..... BE YOURSELF whether people around you are fake or not.
Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by XhosaNostra(f): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2018
You do it for your own peace of mind. Plus it doesn't cost a thing in some cases. If you walk around embittered, you're only harming yourself.

Personally, I'd rather extend my generosity & whatnot to strangers, rather than to people I know. The reason for that is, I have a few axes to grind with the ones closest to me for a myriad of reasons. Strangers on the other hand, have done nothing to me & will probably never get the chance to make me dislike them. They may even be victims of society themselves, hence when I can, I try to show them that not everyone in this world is out to get them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by Eglobalma: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
XhosaNostra:
You do it for your own peace of mind. Plus it doesn't cost a thing in some cases. If you walk around embittered, you're only harming yourself.

Personally, I'd rather extend my generosity & whatnot to strangers, rather than to people I know. The reason for that is, I have a few axes to grind with the ones closest to me for a myriad of reasons. Strangers on the other hand, have done nothing to me & will probably never get the chance to make me dislike them. They may even be victims of society themselves, hence when I can, I try to show them that not everyone in this world is out to get them.

Well said dear, very articulate and honest. Keep being nice , it has a way of coming all back to you tho that’s if you believe in karma but even if you don’t it would still all come back because life is just structured that way I guess �

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Hmm. Thought I was only one that felt generous around strangers than friends. Thought I was a weirr guy. Looks like you're also weird too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by XhosaNostra(f): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dudeweedlmao:

Hmm. Thought I was only one that felt generous around strangers than friends. Thought I was a weirr guy. Looks like you're also weird too.

smiley
Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by Cholls(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2018
my brother life is so unfair

Re: Why Are Some People Humble To Society? by LordKO(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2018
The answer isn't farfetched; the world is arguably made up of about 99.5 percent of opportunists and 0.5 percent of altruists. And the need to be humble and submissive (but without giving out self-dominion) to the world remains sacrosanct, because literally one owes the world everything but the world owes no one anything - nature and its provision say-so - go against this unpronounced rule at your own peril.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sex Vs. Romance / Should I Do It? / Am Confuse Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.