Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

How A Crippled Beggar Became A Lawyer (true Life Story) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How A Crippled Beggar Became A Lawyer (true Life Story) (435 Views)

A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment / What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? / Lady Becomes A Lawyer Years After She Dressed As One For Her School's Career Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Crippled Beggar Became A Lawyer (true Life Story) by ExplicitSuccess: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2018
I want to encourage someone today!

Many people say success in life is luck or destiny but in my words, I would confidently say it’s a choice. If you prefer to sit idle and expect opportunities to come your way, even God will shake His head in pity for you.

The truth is, you have a large say on what your end will look like, nobody else determines that. Little wonder people like inventors and great philanthropists were individuals that failed but quickly pick themselves up to start afresh.

Amongst different unique stories of success I have heard in life, the story of Idowu is one in a million. I read it over and over again to remind myself that, if a lame man could sponsor his education from age 8 till age 37 and achieve two degrees back to back, there’s nothing a full human being without disabilities like you and I  cannot achieve.

His Story

The success-driven Abdusalam Idowu was born sometimes in 1979 to Mr and Mrs Idowu.

Shortly after his birth, he was inflicted with Polio and crippled by it. Guess what, He was just three years old!

As if that was not enough, life punched him with another fierce blow at his tender age. He lost his mother.

His father and other relatives lost all hopes on him and stopped paying for his primary school education. Obviously, his lameness made them lose interest in his future.

He wasn’t promoted to primary one because his fees were not paid. Sadly, he challenged his father and paternal grandmother for not supporting his education. Unfortunately, his tears fell on deaf ears.

His unparalleled determination kept pushing him through life irrespective of his physical condition, Abdusalam moved to the streets to source for funds and support.

He started begging at the age of eight in Erin ile, Kwara state. He saved every penny at that young age to feed himself, pay for his uniforms and pay his fees through primary and secondary school. In his final year, He also paid for his final exams (WAEC), failed the first and second time, had a reseat the third year and passed.

More education

Without doubts, he still wanted more from life. One morning, he took a train from Kwara state to Lagos state to beg for alms to further his education. He had no shelter, no food, no extra clothes, no shoulders to cry on. The bridge became his home. He just wanted an education. He knew he would get more from life with education.

Read more: [http://explicitsuccess.com/how-a-crippled-beggar-became-a-lawyer-true-life-story/]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify What You Are Good At / Is There Any NGO (local Or International) To Volunteer For In Abuja / Can An Economics Graduate Work As An Accountant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.