Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) (38483 Views)

JAMB To Enforce Provision Of O-Level Results Before Admission / JAMB Re-upload- All Candidates To Re-upload Their O’ Level Results / JAMB Urges Candidates To Re - Upload Their O-level Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by mechanics(m): 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats to them.
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by Dreyl(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

So I should stay here abi and suffer. I love my country which is why I am leaving to keep myself safe to come back in the future to change it.
Lol why not stay and develop it with others. this ain't an excuse bro. stay and develop your beloved country. grin
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by MakeNigeriaGrea: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2018
Dreyl:
Lol why not stay and develop it with others. this ain't an excuse bro. stay and develop your beloved country. grin
I can't do it alone. We still have people who doesn't know what is good governance. I will come back. Nigeria is filled with fools.
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by Dreyl(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

I can't do it alone. We still have people who doesn't know what is good governance. I will come back. Nigeria is filled with fools.
Lol you are hilarious. anyways I wish you the best life have to offer. cheesy
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by daveP(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

Nigeria's education system is bad but the way you people talk as if you have studied abroad or one of your family member has studied abroad is something else. You never reach airport,you go dey talk anyhow.
Smh. Hahhahahahaah. Eeyah!
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 2:14am On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by Hahjascho(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
How will this "make-good" the economy & academic sector of Nigeria ..irrelevant
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by Daeylar(f): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2018
salford1:
Jeez. Nigerians are so perverted. If this was reddit or a different western forum, you would not see paedophilia comments like the ones on this thread.
To think foreigners also visit nairaland puts this forum to shame.

The comments here are beyond disgusting

The sexualization of these girls is so much, I can barely stand to read through the thread.

Can nairaland males ever see a topic about a group of ladies and post comments on it without trying to turn the ladies to sexual objects and discussing about how they will fu*k or won't fu*k the girls?

And of course the normal comparison, bashing and belittling of Nigerian ladies is always there. Once they see foreign ladies they start to bash Nigerian ladies and try to make it seem like Nigerian ladies are inferior.
low self esteem and self hating pathetic males, who won't keep their inferiorities to themselves but must try to drag Nigerian women into it.
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by wealthtrak: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Explorers:
Thousands of students around the UK hit the town last night to celebrate or commiserate A-level results day.

The throng of teenagers were in high spirits as they were photographed hugging one another and whooping with joy.

The need to let off steam after two years of studying was evident with pupils dancing the night away.

For many, last night would be one of the last chances they would have to party with their college and school friends before heading off to university or other pastures new next month.

A group of students pose for a group photo in Cardiff last night as they celebrate after receiving their A-level results.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6069957/Thousands-level-students-celebrate-commiserate-results-day.html
The usual hard partying, sex
and booze.
Re: How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos) by b199er: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Greetings my Nigerian brothers. I am not Nigerian by nationality, but the majority of my Caribbean DNA hails from your southern coast. Thus I derive my powers from your people. Yoruba or Igbo, or even Congolese don't think it matters with regards to British academic performance. The analysis clearly shows that Yoruba, Igbo, Congolese, Buganda, and many other African-language speakers out perform the best of Asian groups (Chinese, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil, Sinhalese). So have no fear, let me enlighten you - that is the Sun shining on a fertile grown that can handle the extreme enlightenment and not bun up.

So where do we start...

1. The photo of the homeless man in the background, and the two IG thot looking girls (black dress, and big chest red dress) are not students and not celebrating any result other than looking for a man at the club with either a fat wallet (economic-pleasure) or something else fat (physical-pleasure).

2. The 3 white boys in shirt & tie are NOT the future business elite. They're little more akin to the boys in inbetweeners. Dressing like that does not make you of any higher status than working in a supermarket or crappy call centre getting paid minimum wage. British Imperialism hit you Naijas just as hard as it hit the Indians. Amazing, how effective the brainwashing was.

3. The girls would almost all certainly be 18 or above. It is very uncommon for a 15 year old to complete secondary school and pass her GCSEs. It does happen, but usually that's some crazy Indian or super smart Nigerian kid that passes his GCSE in maths at age 10, and it ends up in the newspaper (well we stopped doing that. in the 1990s they would always parade the smartest Indian vis-a-vis the dumbest Afro-Caribbean boy as a way to enforce a popular idea borne about during the days of the British Empire & White supremacy)

4. White women, particularly English tend to mature faster. Wait until they hit 25 years old, many are physically more mature than a 40 year old Black women, including the onset of crows-feet and other skin-wrinkle related conditions. Most of this maturity is in the realm of:
i). Physical (A. genetics, B. diet - given same diet, Black girls tend to get bigger, including British born Naija girls. But diet doesn't affect the age-perception, just size/stature)
ii). Dressing/Makeup - They appear mature because they're dressed no different to adults.
iii). Mental - They have the mind of a child, they are immature. They may know a few buzz words and have an English accent which you associate as intelligent, but means nothing to a fellow Brit. Otherwise, no they are not mature. They also do come with a good dose of mental/neuroticism and other personality traits that are somewhat like Americans.

5. Reality...

The British education system isn't anything special. Ok so you fit 25 kids per class and have a different teacher for each lesson (Maths, English, Science, History, Geography, IT, 1 foreign language e.g. French/German/Spanish, PE, R.E/Personal-Social studies). School is roughly 9-3 with lunch and a break or two thrown in. You're given homework. Basically that is it. What more do you want?

Now here's where it gets interesting. Why do only roughly half of pupils get 5 A* to C grades (pass) of all ethnic groups (ok it's a bit higher for Indians at maybe 60%, and Chinese art 70%). Why do only half the population barely scrape a pass in Maths - That means the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and do a couple more things like identify if a shape looks like a triangle or a square. That's what 10+ years of maths study yields in 50% of the populace. The same is true with English. The lucky 50% who pass English with a C span from those who are good enough to fill out a form, write an insulting comment on social media with a few common spelling errors like their/there, to those who write a synopsis for Harry Potter. As for Science. Forget it. Only a few percent of the school kids will actually be any good at science/tech, if they're lucky they'll work as a QA or support worker for a top software company as part of government incentives for these big companies to hire interns to give then a chance or little taste of the big boy world of tech.

So the problem in the UK may not necessarily be that the school system is bad from a teacher point of view. It's bad from a social point of view. If any kid just goes to school, and pays attention, and does their homework, and does light revision for their GCSEs they should get straight As or whatever today's equivalent is. The teacher does not need to supply you with anything else that you cannot figure out with your own brain & being resourceful with the internet. If you skip lessons, mess about in school, fight, do drugs, get involved in the local gangs, and just play video games when you get home, then yeah you will struggle to answer questions which you have never been taught the answer to.

Now maybe in Nigeria the schools are that bad that you simply turn up and the teachers don't know anything, and so teach you nothing or lies, or something. In which case, fix that problem, and everyone should be sorted, teach the kids how to read, and then point them to wikipedia or some other online resource. But if the problem is what we have in the West. That is everyone is too lazy to study, every parent is too soft, and every teacher is too soft, and we have a media & culture that promotes consumerism/fun and doesn't celebrate STEM, then you have some serious work to do.

I don't know what the fundamental issue is, but I can tell you, there are plenty of immigrants from India, Nigeria, Afghanistan and all sorts of countries that can come to the UK, go to a crap state school in a poor area, and still reach the top 1% in that school. Bad schools are usually surrounded by council estates, these council estate dwellers, if they English or 1/2 English, or some 'Black British' lost caribbean soul, will usually perform very bad academically.

It's an interesting one. Just know that as wonderful as Britain's education system is, 90%+ of people that complete it are not very bright and won't do a job any more complex than Stacking shelves, retail, basic labour, or answering phone-calls in a call centre. To me I don't consider that a success. The few that are fortunate to work in a professional job are doing routine work that doesn't require technical-creative skills. i.e. their job involves following half-a-dozen routine steps over and over again for years. They're not being tasked to figure out a solution to a problem where the solution hasn't been given to them. Hence, statistically the random Nigerian you meet in the UK is more likely to be involved in a job that requires higher-level thinking in a technical or scientific discipline than the average English person.

But wow, I can't believe some of you are easily impressed by White English (proper English stock) women. Again I see parallels to Indian men here, must be the strict, conservative and perhaps somewhat socially-sheltered upbringing. The only photo of a Black person is a Fat black woman. You don't think there's anything suspect about that? Black women in the UK that are into this scene look like the difference between professional pr0nstars and amateur ones. As for Black men whether they're into this scene or just students look like Athletes compared to civilians. So don't be going there with the sex appeal of English.

Skills in the bedroom, nah the English have just grown-up in a more liberal environment. They get their experience earlier. But like everything there is a glass ceiling. The vast majority are basic-performers in the bedroom and still quite frigid. Blacks tend to grow up more conservatively unless they're ghetto (but even within the ghetto there are some mostly ignorant conservative ideas about sexual acts). Blacks socially mature slower - this is just environment (parents/community). Things level themselves out in the 30s.

Anyway it's all about belief. The Western world go to great lengths to reinforce a belief of superiority, which particularly affects Blacks and East Asians i.e. the two non-Indo-European racial groups. When you understand that it is about belief, and that if the West has such a strong belief that it needs to brainwash everyone it comes into contact with with an idea of White supremacy and Black inferiority, and a strong belief that it must interfere in other countries business particularly China, and particularly Sub-Saharan Africa, and that of the African-American population, and that of Haiti. Then we shouldn't be waiting for Albert Einstein to resurrect himself in the form of a Nigerian President to tell you that *THEY BELIEVE IN YOU*. That's why they are trying to keep you down. So time for YOU to BELIEVE IN YOU. Wakanda, Planet of the Apes, The Matrix, Star Wars. When you realise there is something mental, physically, sexually, and socially very powerful within African people, and the big game is how to suppress this. So go pick up a technical book, study how to code, or do anything. Do it for a couple hours or a couple days. You'll realise your brain can absorb the data more effectively, find patterns, and entertain creative & imaginative thought more easily than other human populations that depend upon large groups & institutions to get them where they go.

You need to reverse EVERYTHING the British told you about yourselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / 15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / 59,000 To Retake Examination: JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.