Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' (45354 Views)

My Office Refused To Remit Pension / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Are you a Doctor, a Registered Nurse or a CHEW Nurse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Mizwisdom(f): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
I can't work for big oga way no get madam.

Please let me trend too, am I not a human being like him?

Need books?
contact me orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by QuietHammer(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
That's a real man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by MrBigiman: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
Young as she is, she needs a driver?

2 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by kawaodne(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
The fear of the 'Big Madam' turning 'BIG GOD' on him made the wife to severe the employment with the madam.
And we sure know say female dr can fire down very well.
anyway, the man is a lucky man that he left else, he will have an unwanted 'BIG GOD'
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Abfinest007(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
he is running bcus he does not want to be work double jobs n receiving only one salary which is servicing madam at night n still driving her at day time
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Edcure1: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2018
The guy is being cautious. He does not want to be faced with an offer that he can't refuse.

1 Like

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Dearlord(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
The wife is a very wise woman, If not one thing may lead to many things.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by BabaAgba79(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A Nigerian female doctor, took to Twitter to recount how a driver whose services he tried hiring as a single woman, rejected the job offer because she has no 'Oga'. 

According to the female doctor, the driver who initially accepted the job offer, returned back to her, telling her that he prayed with his wife over the job but they decided it wasn't a good one because she was single. 

Read her tweet below; 

Remember, when I tried to hire a driver as a single woman. He accepted the job. Then he came back to me in the evening and he had prayed about it with his wife decided it would not be good for him to work for a 'big madam wey no get oga'

How can you be this beautiful without a crown on your head? He who finds a wife finds a good thing? You are not yet a good thing until you are married. Na bible talk am ooo.

The Nigerian Female Doctor was however, reacting to an article by BBCNigeria on the stigma on single women in Nigeria. The article reads in part; 

Many landlords in Nigeria suspect single women of being prostitutes, making it difficult for them to rent apartments.

A successful career woman, Olufunmilola Ogungbile, 30, never thought that she would be sleeping on a friend's couch after five months of apartment-hunting in Abeokuta city in south-western Nigeria.

She had moved from Lagos after securing a good job with the Ogun state government as a project administrator. Despite being financially independent, she struggled to find an apartment in middle and upmarket areas because she was single.

"The first question the landlord would ask me is if I'm married?" Ms Ogungbile said, "I'd say 'No', and they'd follow with, 'Why not'?"

She was often left puzzled.

"What does my marital status have to do with me getting a place to live in?"

https://lailasnews.com/female-doctor-narrates-how-a-driver-refused-working-with-her-because-she-was-single/

How can you be this beautiful without a crown on your head? He who finds a wife finds a good thing? You are not yet a good thing until you are married. Na bible talk am ooo.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by uncjay(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
Trust me, the wife is only trying to protect what's hers, considering the temptation involved. whether she logical about it or not, doesn't matter it just her own way of ensuring her husband doesn't get taken away by his new boss.

PS: though I think its barbaric anyway...

1 Like

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by donbachi(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2018
It takes a woman,to know the works of a woman...naim the wife never pray make him get work for multinational...and na she go quote bible portion 4 the husband 2moro.where bible sey'any man wey no fit take care of him family,na infidel'.jonsing husbgnd and wife.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by zicoraads: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:
The woman should leave him to his jobless nature.
Where were his big Oga since he has been job-hunting?

Men and their ego, that's the exact reason my boss specifically requested for a female graduate trainee in her unit. She was tired of insurbodination from males. When corrected, they will claim she is angry because she is single and sex-starved.

Lucky me
Really? grin cheesy

Can I send you a PM so we'll talk about the bolded? wink
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by pocohantas(f): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
zicoraads:

Really? grin cheesy

Can I send you a PM so we'll talk about the bolded? wink

She is getting married soon, to one very rich advanced bachelor cheesy cheesy
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
He should remain jobless then.

2 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
He should remain jobless then. Fool

I'm sure that the wife convinced him not to do the job because she probably think they may have sex or something like that.

Misogynistic pigs who call themselves men don't mean well for women . Always feeling threatened when they're under women.

3 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Heffe: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
Nigerian and their mentality
its not a nigerian mentality
''big women'' especially the single ones are known to sexually harass their male employees,so its only wise for the wife to reject the job

2 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by uncjay(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2018
tosyne2much:
Feminists, food don come ooo cheesy
Lolz.....

Boss you don reach here already??

1 Like

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by pannyman(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
But what's wrong with her driving herself?

2 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Martin0(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
that man has been brainwashed to the point of no return!
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

She is getting married soon, to one very rich advanced bachelor cheesy cheesy
Which one is advanced bachelor again?
......Tufiakwa
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by tosyne2much(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2018
uncjay:
Lolz.....

Boss you don reach here already??
I dey here baba cool
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by nawtyme: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
Lol
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Mankosi: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
The wife don't want to loose his husband to another woman.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by dingbang(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
no.. The man didn't pray, it was his wife that wasn't happy with the job because he revealed to her that his madam was single. You people have insecurity issues.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by dingbang(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
no.. The nan didn't pray, it was his wife that wasn't happy with the job because he revealed to her that his madam was single. You people have insecurity issues.
Pricelessangel0:
no.. The man didn't pray, it was his wife that wasn't happy with the job because he revealed to her that his madam was single. You people have insecurity issues.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by sammirano: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
Female bosses generally are bad.

1 Like

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by cydophobia(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2018
This is typical example of "Na dem dey rush us" cheesy
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by uuzba(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
pocohantas:

Buhari is a woman I suppose.
How do some men treat maids?By sexually abusing and impregnating teenagers. Clap for yourself! cheesy

Men and their ego, that's the exact reason my boss specifically requested for a female GT in her unit. She was tired of insubodination from males. When corrected, they will claim she is angry because she is single and sex-starved. Sexist? Yes, but lucky me grin

That said, this one is most likely to avoid infidelity.

Good for you.
Women, go and work for other women and men go and work for men.
It was Portipha's wife that created trouble for Joseph.

3 Likes

Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by bluefilm: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
THEM: Why not?

YOU: I'm a lesbian.
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Ceasardgreat(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2018
[quote author=pocohantas post=70362613]

Buhari is a woman I suppose. How do some men treat maids?By sexually abusing and impregnating teenagers. Clap for yourself! cheesy

We need to talk
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by OliveCynosure(f): 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
Insecurity undecided
Re: Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dont blame the driver..its not his fault. Maybe na im wife warn am make e no work for u.she dey fear say u might snatch her husband or seduce him.so as an understanding husband im heed im wife advice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread For Recent Not-So-Advertised Jobs In Nigeria (Lagos Mainly) / Photos Of Two Security Men Sleeping On Duty / Consolidated Breweries Test, LETS MEET HERE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.