Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,883 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

My Office Refused To Remit Pension - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Office Refused To Remit Pension (12601 Views)

I Need A Car For Bolt Driving In Owerri, I'm Ready To Remit 25k Weekly / 331,003 Job Losers Withdraw ₦116.87 Billion From Pension Accounts / Single Female Doctor: 'A Driver Refused To Work For Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Office Refused To Remit Pension by daytona008: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hi everyone,

I worked with this company for over 3 years. The company kept deducting pension and taxes every month without remitting. I have left the company for close to a year now and still no remittance.

Please is there any body I can report this to directly? Or I have to approach a court?

It’s annoying because mine ran into a million and this company is doing this to all the staff.

Please I need advice on how to approach the matter.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Rubyjade: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
There two methods

Method 1

1. Get a statement of account from your PFA
2. Write a letter to your employer asking them to remit all your pension deducted from your monthly salary.
2(a). Attach a copy of the statement of account as evidence that your employer is not up to date in it's remittance of your pension.
2(b). If possible attach all your pay slip as evidence that your pension are constantly deducted.
2(c). Quote a section of the Pension Reform Act where there is penalty for non remittance of deducted pension from employee salary.
2(d) CC the following in your letter:
PENCOM
YOUR PFA
EFCC.
3. Ensure you send a copy of the letter to your PFA and PENCOM.
4. Ensure you have a copy of your letter duly stamped " RECEIVED "
5. Do all above also by E-mail to your HR, Finance Dept, and MD, especially if you are not getting positive feedback from the hardcopy of your letter.

Method 2
Write a letter to the Head, Surveillance Department, the address in Lagos is 88A oduduwa crescent Ikeja GRA, Lagos
Watch the magic that would unfolds.

Method 2 works faster than the speed of light

As regards taxes if it's LIRS
Kindly send a mail with the name of the company and address to etaxinfo@lirs.net
Cc Haolat.Agbetoba@lirs.net
Best of luck. wink

160 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Hamachi(f): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
daytona008:
Hi everyone,

I worked with this company for over 3 years. The company kept deducting pension and taxes every month without remitting. I have left the company for close to a year now and still no remittance.

Please is there any body I can report this to directly? Or I have to approach a court?

It’s annoying because mine ran into a million and this company is doing this to all the staff.

The truth is you cannot get tax clearance certificate (TCC) in Lagos -if the company is domicile in Lagos. I would advise since you are no longer there forget the PAYE taxes but chase the pension (it's your sweat) but if you don't report them, it will continue unabated. So as someone has mentioned above send them a mail stating every detail they need so as to make them comply to the Lagos State Tax Laws (LSTL).

11 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by daytona008: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rubyjade:
There two methods

Method 1

2. Write a letter to your employer asking them to remit all your pension deducted from your monthly salary.
2(a). Attach a copy of the statement of account as evidence that your employer is not up to date in it's remittance of your pension.
2(b). If possible attach all your pay slip as evidence that your pension are constantly deducted.
2(c). Quote a section of the Pension Reform Act where there is penalty for non remittance of deducted pension from employee salary.
PENCOM
YOUR PFA
EFCC.
5. Do all above also by E-mail to your HR, Finance Dept, and MD, especially if you are not getting positive feedback from the hardcopy of your letter.

Method 2
Write a letter to the Head, Surveillance Department, the address in Lagos is 88A oduduwa crescent Ikeja GRA, Lagos

Kindly send a mail with the name of the company and address to etaxinfo@lirs.net
Best of luck. wink

3 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by kernniejay(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
1. To start with, you really have to be sure that your Pension Fund Administrators (PFA) were truly not getting your pension contributions from the company, therefore, contact them first and make enquiries. If they say the company did not remit to them, then take the next step.
2. Write two letters, one to PENCOM and the other to the Inland Revenue Service (IRS) or Joint Tax Board (JTB) whichever is applicable, in your state reporting that your former company fails to remit both your pension deductions to your appropriate PFA and tax deductions to the Revenue Service. Ensure you attach evidence of the deductions i.e. Payslips and PFA statement of account. The concerned authorities will surely pick interest and that company will be in trouble especially as regards tax. You can google the addresses of both PENCOM and IRS / JTB.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by daytona008: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rubyjade:

Thank you so much Jade. This is really helpful. Although, the company is in Abuja. I believe method 1 is applicable. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by daytona008: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hamachi:

Thank you Hamachi! Yes, my former colleagues are currently going through it and keep reaching out to me that it’s just endless promises of “Next month”.

1 Like

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by daytona008: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
kernniejay:
Thanks Jay!. I am 100% sure that they did not remit. The COO keeps pushing the CEO to remit. He keeps making promises of clearing

1 Like

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by enilola5: 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rubyjade:
There two methods

Method 1

PENCOM
YOUR PFA
EFCC.

Method 2

Best of luck. wink

Table shaker......
Some employers self, they won't make heaven

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Xwizard: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
Almost all these companies are doing so now, but the government started it

4months old Lhasa Apso for sale urgently, see my other post for more information on the puppy and what’sapp contact
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by bukkysam(f): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ah
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by ATEAMS: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
Delayed
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Decentdave(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
K
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by merits(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
daytona008:
Hi everyone,

Gbas gbos.
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Wizardslayer: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
The level of fraud ongoing in Nigeria is second to none.

Rotten from head to toe.

1 Like

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by slimjohn2k5: 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
If Nigeria is working all this cannot be the case

1 Like

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by KingDash09(m): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Wickedness
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by leanonme82: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
daytona008:
Hi everyone,

Call your PFA( Pension fund administrator), the people that your company should have been remitting to.eg. ARM, trustfund pensions, Premium pensions.etc. Get your pension ID and statement from them - they have all your information and should tell you the last time your company paid into your pension fund account.

Then call PENCOM and report, but you need details of the company and the PFA before you contact PENCOM.

The 3rd party information from the PFA will show the discrepancy between your company payslip which shows pension payment and your pension fund statement which shows no contribution collected for those months.

3 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Kingdemu: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Contact Pencom ASAP and that company would be on it's knees begging you:

info@pencom.gov.ng

Or

+234 9460 3930

4 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by meum: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmm. I no fit shout
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Kingdemu: 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
info@pencom.gov.ng

Or

+234 9460 3930
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by paymentvoucher: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
shocked
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by rhythyson: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
Give me the company details make I help you blow whistle, PENCOM Auditors go show one time. The rest go be history

5 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Diamondmiller(m): 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
best answer
Rubyjade:
There two methods

Method 1

PENCOM
YOUR PFA
EFCC.

Method 2

Best of luck. wink

4 Likes

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by bigdammyj: 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Noted.
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by Patented: 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
daytona008:
Hi everyone,

you can report directly to PENCOM (for pensions) and the state inland revenue service (for taxes) or take them to court.
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by theophorus(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
Well, na our way as Nigerians.

We no dey ever wan do the right thing at all. Na to just dey do anyhow come dey lie say "the street is not nice" but na we dey run am.
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by oluwaseyi0: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
Most private firm do this shit yet deduct it from staff salary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by TrustedLawyer: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
File a suit against the company at the National Industrial Court in the state where the company is based.
Re: My Office Refused To Remit Pension by obama99: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
daytona008:
Hi everyone,

This is not difficult now. Report hem to pencom and in few weeks you start receiving alerts. If you sleep na go you dey so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Avris Nigeria Recruiting / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know / Fedral Service Commision Portal Is Now Going

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.