Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? (2242 Views)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
As a skeptic, I found out that my childhood upbringing was full of inaccuraces. What I was told as a child were all full of folktales. I started asking questions but I wasn't fed with good answers and this made me to do a personal research. From my own experience, I realized that most things in our holy scriptures didn't happen historically. Going by the scriptures, our first man Adam live around 5600-6000 years ago but we have skeletons of humans that have lived 30000 years ago. This is where I spotted a foul play and that is how I began to critically think about things generally. Alas! I lived more than 2 decades in lies. It was hurting me emotionally then but I had to move on and prepare myself for more truths. I thank my stars for my ability to free myself from religious dogmas. Fellow truth seekers, how did you arrive at your present level of Self-awakening maybe someone out there might be freed from childhood manipulation and indoctrination. iAWA

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by theunnamed: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
True free thinkers believe in the existence of a Supreme Being.

The rest of you are just a bunch of angry children running around in defiance to those you believe to have done you wrong

Reminds me of Frank....Frank believes in Juju, but the existence of a Supreme Being is impossible.

Make una kwantinu

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
Put your westernized beliefs aside and face the reality : this is Africa; and there is God and there is juju (fact). If you like , don't believe God , but it is compulsory to believe juju because we live with it here . Juju is the opposite of God ; and if you believe in juju, then you must believe in God

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2018
theunnamed:

The rest of you are just a bunch of angry children running around in defiance to those you believe to have done you wrong

Reminds me of Frank....Frank believes in Juju, but the existence of a Supreme Being is impossible.

Make una kwantinu
And who did the census of the "true" freethinkers that believe in the existence of a supreme being? What are the evidences for your claim? It is people like you that makes "juju" real. I ask you "have you ever had a first hand experience of juju?". I doubt that, it is due to its speculation that make it look real. So stop sleeping..

5 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Reality11: 7:36am On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Put your westernized beliefs aside and face the reality : this is Africa; and there is God and there is juju (fact). If you like , don't believe God , but it is compulsory to believe juju because we live with it here . Juju is the opposite of God ; and if you believe in juju, then you must believe in God

Do you have the evidence to prove juju?

So juju evidence is rampant that's Why you guys always point out to it as the evidence of god existence? Abi

Too bad the nigga didn't have a single evidence for the entity called god, bet only for juju.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 7:38am On Aug 18, 2018
Reality11:

Do you have the evidence to prove juju.

So juju evidence is rampant that's Why you guys always point out to it as the evidence of god existence? Abi

Too bad the nigga didn't have a single evidence for the entity called god, bet only for juju.
But you believe in juju(magic )...abi?
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by hopefulLandlord: 7:46am On Aug 18, 2018
theunnamed:
No true Scotsman fallacy

4 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Reality11: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
But you believe in juju(magic )...abi?

Nop
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:01am On Aug 18, 2018
Reality11:

Nop
Lol...you watch magic shows of Chris Angel and co , right ? Please how are they performing those stunts(American juju) ...? Can your atheist belief explain ? I doubt . Stop fooling yourself. We are Nigerians and juju is a part and parcel of us . Any Nigerian who does not believe in juju is just trying to very hard to fool himself. But since you said you do not believe in juju...I will leave it here .
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by DeSepiero(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2018
My self awakening started when I sought to deeply understand and unravel the wonder of God in nature; to understand God from a multicultural perspective not limited to Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by DeSepiero(m): 8:17am On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Lol...you watch magic shows of Chris Angel and co , right ? Please how are they performing those stunts(American juju) ...? Can your atheist belief explain ? I doubt . Stop fooling yourself. We are Nigerians and juju is a part and parcel of us . Any Nigerian who does not believe in juju is just trying to very hard to fool himself. But since you said you do not believe in juju...I will leave it here .

Those are properly managed and staged tricks meant to entertain the audience.

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by DeSepiero(m): 8:21am On Aug 18, 2018
theunnamed:

Make una kwantinu

Juju is used to describe (often terrible) things we don't understand. Even poison can be called juju by people like you.

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2018
DeSepiero:

Those are properly managed and staged tricks meant to entertain the audience.
That is lie, we all know that a lot of stunts done there defy logic and natural occurrences . And secondly, there is nothing like staged or managed there . Because when you see a guy walking up a vertical wall(in the presence of 500+people outside the street ) with no support, it really leaves a question mark . But have you had encounters with the OPC before ? I suggest you meet them ; they will display small for you .
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Reality11: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Lol...you watch magic shows of Chris Angel and co , right ?

Yes

Please how are they performing those stunts(American juju) ...? Can your atheist belief explain ? I doubt .

Please go on YouTube and clear your ignorance. Like I've always said, you guys believe and tie god, juju and the rest only to explain things and phenomenon you can't explain.

Stop fooling yourself. We are Nigerians and juju is a part and parcel of us . Any Nigerian who does not believe in juju is just trying to very hard to fool himself. But since you said you do not believe in juju...I will leave it here .

So juju exist only in Nigeria, but how comes we've not seen one, or let be proven?

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Shelumiel:
That is lie, we all know that a lot of stunts done there defy logic and natural occurrences . And secondly, there is nothing like staged or managed there . Because when you see a guy walking up a vertical wall(in the presence of 500+people outside the street ) with no support, it really leaves a question mark . But have you had encounters with the OPC before ? I suggest you meet them ; they will display small for you .

THERE ARE VIDEOS WHERE CHRIS AND THE REST EXPLAIN HOW THEY DO THEIR STUFF.
IN FACT, A SENSIBLE PERSON (LIKE ME) DOESN'T NEED ANYONE TO TELL THEM THAT THOSE SHOWS ARE STAGED JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

IF YOU BELIEVE CHRIS ANGELS IS REAL, I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR BELIEVING JUJU AND OTHER SUPERSTITIONS. YOU JUST LIKE TO BELIEVE THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RELIGIOUS PERSON.

YOU JUST WANT TO BELIEVE EVERY RANDOM THING, WITHOUT INVESTIGATIONS.
THAT'S THE HEIGHT OF FOOLISHNESS I MUST SAY.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:50am On Aug 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

IN FACT, A SENSIBLE PERSON (LIKE ME) DOESN'T NEED ANYONE TO TELL THEM THAT THOSE SHOWS ARE STAGED JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT.

IF YOU BELIEVE CHRIS ANGELS IS REAL, I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR BELIEVING JUJU AND OTHER SUPERSTITIONS. YOU JUST LIKE TO BELIEVE THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RELIGIOUS PERSON.

Put you westernized dogma and listen well: juju is real ; it is here in Africa .And it is something I have witnessed ; I have researched it and found it to be true . Now here is my advice : If you want to see it and experience it(juju) , simply go to the OPC (Oduduwa Peoples Congress ). They will show you : they have it in large supply and will be happy to display a bit for you .
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

In my last post I challenged you to investigate it . Now investigate it ; don't just read trash on the internet and assume . Go out there and research .
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Martinez19(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by LastDays777: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2018
theunnamed:

Make una kwantinu

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by theunnamed: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2018
Omooba224:
And who did the census of the "true" freethinkers that believe in the existence of a supreme being?

Modern science is looking for a connection between the spiritual and physical world you're here asking me for consensus

What are the evidences for your claim? It is people like you that makes "juju" real. I ask you "have you ever had a first hand experience of juju?". I doubt that, it is due to its speculation that make it look real. So stop sleeping..

I will not even bother with this one because no matter what I say, you will not believe because you feel your entire life you've been lied to and so you've limited yourself to the things that are Infront of you.

It's a shame really
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by theunnamed: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2018
DeSepiero:

Juju is used to describe (often terrible) things we don't understand.

For ur village abi
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2018
Reality11:

Do you have the evidence to prove juju?

Are you minding him? That's how they will be mumbling up and down. Most of them thought we don't know what's happening. I grew up in Osun and I know how these things work. We can simply call them magic. It is normally successful when stage-managed.

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by JeromeBlack: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
My "age of reason" started by looking for information about religion and Germany. I was meant to travel to Germany and I felt that I had to research on their culture.

Seeing how people focus on what matters and how they live a secular life based on reason, changed me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by frank317: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
theunnamed:

Make una kwantinu

Which frank? angry
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by theunnamed: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
frank317:

Which frank? angry

Hehehehehe, not you Jare...twas one guy I met last year
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by LastDays777: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2018
Omooba224:
Are you minding him? That's how they will be mumbling up and down. Most of them thought we don't know what's happening. I grew up in Osun and I know how these things work. We can simply call them magic. It is normally successful when stage-managed.

Hehe

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Niflheim(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
Chris Angel is a real magician? Chris Angel does magic?

The same Chris Angel who denied the fact that he does magic and claimed that it is all illusions? This is the same person that "nairaland christians" want me to investigate? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
how free are you? If Jesus has not set you free, then you are not free.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:
My "age of reason" started by looking for information about religion and Germany. I was meant to travel to Germany and I felt that I had to research on their culture.

Seeing how people focus on what matters and how they live a secular life based on reason, changed me.
Oh! This is amazing. You made me to remember the book Age of reason by Thomas Paine. The book really picked out the flaws of our "major religions". So are you in Germany now. How did you change? Was it drastically or slowly? How did your family cope?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2018
solite3:
how free are you? If Jesus has not set you free, then you are not free.

Romans 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Ok! We have heard you. Do you believe in Osiris?

3 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by QuietHammer(m): 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
You are not bright. No offense.

5 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
QuietHammer:

You are not bright. No offense.
...and you're just stupid . Take offense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agora The Movie And The Story Of Hypatia. / Tb Joshua, The Man With D Evil Spirit / You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.