Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? (2246 Views)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Put your westernized beliefs aside and face the reality : this is Africa; and there is God and there is juju (fact). If you like , don't believe God , but it is compulsory to believe juju because we live with it here . Juju is the opposite of God ; and if you believe in juju, then you must believe in God

Juju is not the opposite of God.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Juju is not the opposite of God.
When I said "opposite " , I was using it as an analogy . For example : the opposite of positive (God ) is negative (Juju)...
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
When I said "opposite " , I was using it as an analogy . For example : the opposite of positive (God ) is negative (Juju)...

Ur still talking nonsense...

Stop assuming juju is negative because u have never practiced it before.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

You do not know me , so how can you say I have not practice Juju before ? Or do you claim to have powers that can detect if a person has practice Juju before. ..mtchww
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by JeromeBlack: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
Omooba224:
Oh! This is amazing. You made me to remember the book Age of reason by Thomas Paine. The book really picked out the flaws of our "major religions". So are you in Germany now. How did you change? Was it drastically or slowly? How did your family cope?

Nah. I did not eventually go to Germany. I am still here. The change was slowly. I started questioning why people left religion and their reasons kept making sense.

I kept reading and researching. I had the opportunity to go to Scotland for a program and I lived with a non-religious family for a while. They were christians originally, they just felt that church was a waste of time. It made me see that religion is not needed or necessary to be a good person.
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Rilwayne001: 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Lol...you watch magic shows of Chris Angel and co , right ?
Those are actually tricks. He's not using any juju whatsoever.

Please how are they performing those stunts(American juju) ...? Can your atheist belief explain ? I doubt . Stop fooling yourself. We are Nigerians and juju is a part and parcel of us . Any Nigerian who does not believe in juju is just trying to very hard to fool himself. But since you said you do not believe in juju...I will leave it here .

Very well indeed they are only fooling themselves. These fools only come online to ask for the prove of juju knowing quite well that it is impracticable online. They know their ways to the haven of JUJU e.g Ijebu land to seek whether juju is real or not, but they'll never go there because they know indeed it exists. But you'll see them online here trying so hard to convince themselves that it doesn't exist while deep on their heart, they know it does.

You don't take these people serious bro.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by JeromeBlack: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Very well indeed they are only fooling themselves. These fools only come online to ask for the prove of juju knowing quite well that it is impracticable online. They know their ways to the haven of JUJU e.g Ijebu land to seek whether juju is real or not, but they'll never go there because they know indeed it exists. But you'll see them online here trying so hard to convince themselves that it doesn't exist while deep on their heart, they know it does.

Excuse me, I have some questions

Why cant juju work online? Who sets the limitations online? Why is juju performed like every other 419 claim- always lacking concrete evidence and it is always occurring where most people cannot verify it?

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by hopefulLandlord: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Excuse me, I have some questions
Why cant juju work online? Who sets the limitations online?
Awesome question my man

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
Rilwayne001:

I agree with your second post but not with the first . The reason i say Chris Angel is using juju(black magic ) is because he was influenced was by a certain 19th century magician named De Lawrence. This man was into the occult and he performed a lot of so called "illusions " that seem to defy the normal definition of tricks . This man in an interview once said , " Jesus Christ was the greatest magician of us all ".
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Rilwayne001: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Excuse me, I have some questionsWhy cant juju work online?
I didn't say juju cannot work online. [Check, have you heard about YAHOO+++?] I only said it is impracticable to display it's efficacy to you asking for it's prove. Should a video be given, you guys will find fault with it. Whereas an eyewitness is better than any other evidence that may me presented. The more reason why I said, if truly you guys are interested in knowing whether juju is real or not, take a self - experience trip to Ijebu land and ask around for juju priests. Tell the priest you'll like to know whether juju works or not, I'm sure they'll be so quick to show you whether it does or not. But certainly you guys will never embark on such journey because you quite know deep inside yourself that these things exists. You only enjoy fooling yourself just so you'll be able to deny the existence of the supernatural in other to tag yourself freethinker or atheist or whatever.

Who sets the limitations online? Why is juju performed like every other 419 claim- always lacking concrete evidence and it is always occurring where most people cannot verify it?

I say, go verify it yourself. Don't stay at the corner of your room and be saying it's not real when you haven't made an attempt to understand whether it is or not. That's unintelligent and absurd.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Rilwayne001: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Awesome question my man

Why won't it be awesome when it helps you in convincing your brain that God doesn't exist?
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Grupo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Lol...you watch magic shows of Chris Angel and co , right ? Please how are they performing those stunts(American juju) ...? Can your atheist belief explain ? I doubt . Stop fooling yourself. We are Nigerians and juju is a part and parcel of us . Any Nigerian who does not believe in juju is just trying to very hard to fool himself. But since you said you do not believe in juju...I will leave it here .

Go on YouTube and type "Chris Angel's magic tricks revealed" You will see thousands of videos showing how those American magicians perform their tricks.

It's surprising that simpletons like you who don't bother to research about anything are always quick to call other people a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
You do not know me , so how can you say I have not practice Juju before ? Or do you claim to have powers that can detect if a person has practice Juju before. ..mtchww

because if u practice spirituality, u would have had an advanced understanding of it n thus won't utter only negativity to it.
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Martinez19:
https://www.nairaland.com/4615989/epiphany-mysterious-plan-god

Here's my story!
It sounds cool. An indoctrinated zombie can never understand all the things you have raised there..
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
Grupo:

Go on YouTube and type "Chris Angel's magic tricks revealed" You will see thousands of videos showing how those American magicians perform their tricks.

It's surprising that simpletons like you who don't bother to research about anything are always quick to call other people a fool.
You are gullible. That's why someone on U-tube will show you selected clips of a few stunts, and fool you into thinking all stunts are like that . Did the U-tube video show the secret of how he removed the liquid content of glass cup that was suppose to be an art work ? Did it ...? Mumu
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Omooba224: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Nah. I did not eventually go to Germany. I am still here. The change was slowly. I started questioning why people left religion and their reasons kept making sense.

I kept reading and researching. I had the opportunity to go to Scotland for a program and I lived with a non-religious family for a while. They were christians originally, they just felt that church was a waste of time. It made me see that religion is not needed or necessary to be a good person.
Hmmmm! This is thoughtful of you. I guess you applied utmost critical thinking technique for you to arrive at your conclusion. I suppose you now realized that religions are all human inventions.. By the way, are you married?

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

because if u practice spirituality, u would have had an advanced understanding of it n thus won't utter only negativity to it.
Juju is negative because God is against it . I serve God , and I have served Juju; so I know the difference between both .
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Grupo(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
You are gullible. That's why someone on U-tube will show you selected clips of a few stunts, and fool you into thinking all stunts are like that . Did the U-tube video show the secret of how he removed the liquid content of glass cup that was suppose to be an art work ? Did it ...? Mumu

Go back and check the meaning of the word gullible, you are the gullible one here.

I'm done exchanging words with you. Continue wallowing in your ignorance. No wonder the con men on the altar keep extorting money from you every Sunday. After all, your Bible even said that a fool and his money are soon parted.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
Grupo:

Go back and check the meaning of the word gullible, you are the gullible one here.

I'm done exchanging words with you. Continue wallowing in your ignorance. No wonder the con men on the altar keep extortion money from you every Sunday. After all, your Bible even said that a fool and his money are soon parted.
Your fake westernized beliefs won't work on the soil of Africa. God is real , and so is juju. Shalom
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by theunnamed: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This is the problem with you Angy kids, you'll be claiming like you know shiit but try experiment it, you won't , you'll jump to conclusions and call yourself evolved. You're not fooling anybody

Also the example I sighted in my first post has been misinterpreted... Juju is not the opposite of God, but it is spiritual, a state most of you vehemently insist does not exist, Rilwayne001 is right....who are you fooling?

But you think you are doing me??...you're doing yourself!!!
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Grupo(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Your fake westernized beliefs won't work on the soil of Africa. God is real , and so is juju. Shalom

First, I'm not westernized, I'm afrocentric. I appreciate African arts and traditions. But just like every other religion, including Christianity, African religion were developed by the different tribes to serve a purpose, which was to keep the populace in check at that time. Apart from serving as tool for control, all religions have no other relevance, whether physical or spiritual.

Many times, I have challenged you juju people to a duel both physically and online and you often back out. Just few months back, one of your comrades boasted he was going to kill me with juju, I accepted his challenge. I guess you already know that his juju failed, otherwise, I wouldn't be here posting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Juju is negative because God is against it . I serve God , and I have served Juju; so I know the difference between both .

U have never served juju.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U have never served juju.
I know myself , but you do not know me . So leave it at that
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by segmond(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Here on nairaland. Thanks to joseph1013 hopefullandlord, Hardmirror, caplocked and the rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
Grupo:

First, I'm not westernized, I'm afrocentric. I appreciate African arts and traditions. But just like every other religion, including Christianity, African religion were developed by the different tribes to serve a purpose, which was to keep the populace in check at that time. Apart from serving as tool for control, all religions have no other relevance, whether physical or spiritual.

Many times, I have challenged you juju people to a duel both physically and online and you often back out. Just few months back, one of your comrades boasted he was going to kill me with juju, I accepted his challenge. I guess you already know that his juju failed, otherwise, I wouldn't be here posting.
Your belief is buried in the hardcovers of books written by stupid western authors who had no knowledge of what they were even saying , which is why I said , put your "westernized beliefs aside" and do some deep research by going out there and in finding credible answers. The truth to life's greatest mysteries are not found in the covers of books or dogmatic sayings ; it lies in experiences. Go out there and experience what you've heard from me .

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Grupo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
Your belief is buried in the hardcovers of books written by stupid western authors who had no knowledge of what they were even saying , which is why I said , put your "westernized beliefs aside" and do some deep research by going out there and in finding credible answers. The truth to life's greatest mysteries are not found in the covers of books or dogmatic sayings ; it lies in experiences. Go out there and experience what you've heard from me .

You are the one who live your life by books written and compiled by Constantine which he forced down the throats of many people when he was the emperor of the Roman empire.

I didn't read any book to become an atheist, I wonder why this is hard for you to believe. Probably because you live your life by things written by others.

I started doubting the existence of Gods - both Yahweh, Allah, Amadioha, Ogun, etc. when I didn't even know there was a name for people who didn't believe in Gods.

I was documenting my thoughts those days when there was no internet and free access to books. If I could find the book I was documenting my thoughts in those days, I would share it. This was a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
Grupo:

You are the one who live your life by books written, compiled, and forced down the throats of many people by Constantine when he was the emperor of the Roman empire.

I didn't read any book to become an atheist, I wonder why this is hard for you to believe. Probably because you live your life by things written by others.

I started doubting the existence of Gods - both Yahweh, Allah, Amadioha, Ogun, etc. when I didn't even know there was a name for people who didn't believe in Gods.

I was documenting my thoughts those days when there was no internet and free access to books. If I could find the book I was documenting my thoughts I this days, I would share it. This was a long time ago.
I will ask you one question and then I'll call it quits . Why haven't you gone to those who do juju to find out for yourself if what they practice is true ?
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Grupo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
Shelumiel:
I will ask you one question and then I'll call it quits . Why haven't you gone to those who do juju to find out for yourself if what they practice is true ?

All juju are magic tricks and do not have any spiritual undertones.

I grew up in a typical African village. I saw first hand how they did some of those things. It was when I grew up and started becoming enlightened that I realized those things were mere tricks.

Like i told you earlier, I have challenged juju people to a duel several times, both online and offline.

The other time, I was in my village and I killed a certain totem snake which was hitherto believed to be a God of some sort. In my village, the snake is held to a high esteem and it is believed that anyone who kills the snake dies the next day, unless the person buys some things and go to the chief priest for appeasement. Also, the person would organize a befitting funeral for the snake as if they were burying a real person. As an ignorant kid, I believed that too. Even acclaimed church people don't joke with snake.

Last December, when I went home, the snake came around, and I killed it. Guess you already know that I didn't die, otherwise I wouldn't be here typing.
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by JeromeBlack: 4:36am On Aug 19, 2018
Rilwayne001:

I didn't say juju cannot work online. [Check, have you heard about YAHOO+++?] I only said it is impracticable to display it's efficacy to you asking for it's prove. Should a video be given, you guys will find fault with it. Whereas an eyewitness is better than any other evidence that may me presented. The more reason why I said, if truly you guys are interested in knowing whether juju is real or not, take a self - experience trip to Ijebu land and ask around for juju priests. Tell the priest you'll like to know whether juju works or not, I'm sure they'll be so quick to show you whether it does or not. But certainly you guys will never embark on such journey because you quite know deep inside yourself that these things exists. You only enjoy fooling yourself just so you'll be able to deny the existence of the supernatural in other to tag yourself freethinker or atheist or whatever.

I say, go verify it yourself. Don't stay at the corner of your room and be saying it's not real when you haven't made an attempt to understand whether it is or not. That's unintelligent and absurd.

Why must I go to the village to verify that juju exists? Is juju afraid of the city and civilization?

I do not need to go to the village to get traditional Yoruba food, so why do I then need to go to the village to verify Juju?

And what do your juju priests do? If they have power, why are they always broke and haggard?

The yahoo+++ that you talk about does not need jazz. Just because the victim of a scam is gullible , it does not mean that the victim was jazzed or bewitched. In fact, when white people catch these Yahoo boys, the dont employ juju priests to capture them. The use simple logic and police work to catch them.

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by JeromeBlack: 4:38am On Aug 19, 2018
Omooba224:
Hmmmm! This is thoughtful of you. I guess you applied utmost critical thinking technique for you to arrive at your conclusion. I suppose you now realized that religions are all human inventions.. By the way, are you married?

Bro, your questions are getting personal.
Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by mmsen: 5:09am On Aug 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
Put your westernized beliefs aside and face the reality : this is Africa; and there is God and there is juju (fact). If you like , don't believe God , but it is compulsory to believe juju because we live with it here . Juju is the opposite of God ; and if you believe in juju, then you must believe in God

Juju is nonsense too.

Your argument seems to be that because this is Africa 2 + 2 = whatever you say it is. That is the problem with this continent. So many people guided by stupidity and a refusal to embrace facts.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? by Shelumiel: 7:07am On Aug 19, 2018
mmsen:

Juju is nonsense too.

Your argument seems to be that because this is Africa 2 + 2 = whatever you say it is. That is the problem with this continent. So many people guided by stupidity and a refusal to embrace facts.
What fact ? Does fact finding come from reading stupid books and coming to a conclusion ...mtchww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians And Muslim Where Is Your God During This Period? / How Come No Pastor Is Healing Corona Virus Patients??? / You Don't Look Like A Muslim" For God Sake How Should A Muslim Look Like ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.