Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. (339 Views)

Leo Messi's Son, Mateo, Celebrates Real Betis Goal Vs Barca, Suarez Reacts / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Scores Four Goals On His Debut For Juventus / Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. by uneeking(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
All indices point at the likelihood of a debut for Mateo Kovacic at the Stamford Bridge for Chelsea when Arsenal come visiting in the first home match of the current season for the Blues on Saturday.

The new arrival from Real Madrid played no part in last last weekend’s 3-0 win at Huddersfield Town but will likely be fully unveiled on the pitch tomorrow as the fans get the opportunity to see how well he will fit into their team.

It is left to be seen however if Manager Maurizio Sarri will be starting the Croatian midfielder or have him come off the bench as the team will be missing two personnel in their midfield tomorrow.

Tiemoue Bakayoko has left on loan to AC Milan while Cesc Fabregas who also sat out the opening weekend game is expected to miss the Arsenal match with  a knee injury.

Talking about Kovac, Maurizio Sarri had this to say:

“I think Mateo will be very useful for us. He’s a very technical player,” 

“In this moment he has to work. I think he’s not ready now for 90 minutes, but maybe tomorrow for 30 minutes he could be used.

“I think he can play in any of the three positions in midfield. He’s a very good offensive player, but he has improved in the defensive phase in the last two years in Madrid.

“I expect a lot from him because, for me, he’s a very great player. In my opinion, he can improve more.”

The other player the manager spoke about is Alvaro Morata who appears set to keep his place despite a not too impressive display against Huddersfield last weekend.

Luckily for him, he seems to have the coach's backing to find his form back as Sarri said:

“I am not worried about Morata. Morata is a very great player. I think that, in this moment, he needs only to gain confidence."

“He needs to score as all the strikers in the world do. He needs to gain confidence, but he’s improving so I’m not really worried about him."

Source: http://uneekomunikations.com/mateo-kovacic-to-debut-for-chelsea-against-arsenal/

Re: Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. by MMotimo: 2:13am On Aug 27, 2018
Dominique

The spam bot keeps hiding my posts and banning me in the diary section. I think it happens when I try to upload pics. Could you please help? Thank you!
Re: Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. by dominique(f): 6:27am On Aug 27, 2018
MMotimo:
Dominique

The spam bot keeps hiding my posts and banning me in the diary section. I think it happens when I try to upload pics. Could you please help? Thank you!

Sorry about that, I've unblocked your last two blocked posts. Next time it's best you mail the supermods (link is at the bottom of homepage) or mail the diary section mods, you'll be promptly unbanned
Re: Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. by MMotimo: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
dominique:

Sorry about that, I've unblocked your last two blocked posts. Next time it's best you mail the supermods (link is at the bottom of homepage) or mail the diary section mods, you'll be promptly unbanned

Thanks for the tip
Re: Mateo Kovacic To Debut For Chelsea Against Arsenal. by dominique(f): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
MMotimo:

Thanks for the tip

Anytime

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City V Huddersfield 19-08-2018 / How To Watch MLB World Series 2018 / Dalung: Nff’s September 20 Elections Not Recognised By Nigerian Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.