Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated (30134 Views)

Woman Strips To Protest Against Demolition Of Ayefele's Music House / Yinka Ayefele's Music House (Fresh FM): Before & After Demolition Photos / Yinka Ayefele Music House Valued At N800 Million Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2018
okomile:

Was approval given for other modifications on the building?

Which other modifications sir?

Was the building plan not approved?
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by okomile(f): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2018
obi58:

Which other modifications sir?

Was the building plan not approved?

Kindly get the story well to know what went wrong.
I am ma and not sir grin

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:

Sir

firstly the building is located at a bend i.e without the building, the road will run straight. ..

Ok if that be the case, why doesn't the government place warning signs indicating a coming bend with speed bumps placed at 10 metre intervals around the culversack?

Secondly, the road adjoins lagos-ibadan express road so you can be certain that many of the road users there are on top speed; overtaking at that bend occurs alot thereby causing accident. ..

That's just plain silly... So because it adjoins an express way that is why people should attempt speeds for expressroads on internal roads? Where are the traffic monitoring agencies? Why are speed limits not imposed? In fact can't hungry SARS be sent to the road to enforce sanity? Is it not suicidal to attempt overtaking at a bend? Whilst attempting express road speeds ?

Thirdly, when there is any activity going-on at the building, most vehicles park on that road and throngs of people move in and out, creating risk to themselves as well as other road users; shall i go on?
Yet again, this is no reason for demolition, government can enforce compliance by imposing sanctions on vehicle owners improperly parked (towed away) or on the radio station if it's activities constitute a traffic jam. Please provide more cogent reasons. All I see here are just excuses for bad behaviour and lack of supervision/inaction by government agencies.

that building needs to go, accidents there are too much these days....
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by kolaish(m): 11:45am On Aug 18, 2018
Baawaa:

I reason with Ayefele because most of those who spends for him prodigaly are PDP and the money is not coming as before.
Have you seen the said music house that was mark for demolition? If so, you need to see it. The setback to the main road is not adequate. Nevertheless, I think Ayefele should not take this matter too far because his music house is at fault. Is it only his radio station that is not supporting the government in ibadan, certainly no. Rather, he can just go about it diplomatically and probably use his influence to appeal to the government house to see how they can resolved the matter without demolishing the entire building.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2018
okomile:

Kindly get the story well to know what went wrong.
I am ma and not sir grin

You are the one who has not read the story well ma. The government alleged that approval obtained was for an office not a radio station hence the structure is illegal meanwhile from 2008-date government has been collecting tenement rates and taxes and took cognizance of the structure in the design of the subject road. Be that as it may, that is absolutely no grounds for demolition. This station is a legitimate business with all the necessary approvals to run its radio business. You can go through my other comments on subject matter on what a responsible government should do in this scenario to limit or address whatever safety concerns experienced.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by okomile(f): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2018
obi58:

You are the one who has not read the story well ma. The government alleged that approval obtained was for an office not a radio station hence the structure is illegal meanwhile from 2008-date government has been collecting tenement rates and taxes and took cognizance of the structure in the design of the subject road. Be that as it may, that is absolutely no grounds for demolition. This station is a legitimate business with all the necessary approvals to run its radio business. You can go through my other comments on subject matter on what a responsible government should do in this scenario to limit or address whatever safety concerns experienced.

All points noted sir grin grin
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2018
kolaish:
Have you seen the said music house that was mark for demolition? If so, you need to see it. The setback to the main road is not adequate. Nevertheless, I think Ayefele should not take this matter too far because his music house is at fault. Is it only his radio station that is not supporting the government in ibadan, certainly no. Rather, he can just go about it diplomatically and probably use his influence to appeal to the government house to see how they can resolved the matter without demolishing the entire building.

What do you know about setback sir? What should be the appropriate setback distance? What is the current setback of the building? Why was the building plan approved? In the building plan,was the setback not stated? Why was it approved?
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by slimfit1(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2018
I think they need a speed ramp so cars will slow down. No genuine excuse to bring it down. I've learnt a lesson don't invest in Nigeria government is not continuous thing in Nigeria save your money.
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by SarakiBukola: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:
I stay at the mouth end of eyini, opposite ayefele...

The accidents that occur there everytime is alarming!

The road there needs to be widened. ..

All the other buildings are far inside, only ayefele is outside; on the road... making the road to tilt leftward thereby creating risk for motorists

It is not witch hunt, it is progressive

That building is on the road joor

Heard it shouldn't have been approved in the first place but for the then political influence Ayefele had...

Even one of his workers was killed by a vehicle last year, and many others have been lucky with injuries. ..

I love Ayefele and his radio station, but i value human lives above all...

He should seek compensation

Please look at the picture closely and see the next building how far inside it is

Thanks for presenting a facts-based objective assessment.

But you ruined it at the end asking him to seek compensation.

Why would he cause danger to other motorists or pedestrians because of his selfish motives ?

If anything, the lives lost, the families of the deceased should sue him and seek damages

IF THE BUILDING ACTUALLY FLOUTS THE CITY'S PLAN

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Oblongata: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=obi58 post=70386369][/quote]

Sir all your points above can only be done at the expense of tax payers

They would have been valid if it were an embassy, or some building with high interest value of the government.

But it is just a radio station which can easily operate anywhere in the state

Why can't it be relocated, save lives and unnecessary expenses?

my good sir, you are not asking the right questions;

does the building comply with the blue print of the road?

how and why was the parcel of land approved and allocated if it is not in line with the blueprint?

what adequate compensation is necessary to appease party involved and end further tarnishment of the state government. ..

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by suremanpatriot: 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
Bitterness and witch hunts. So who is detroying Fresh House, shittu or ajumobi? These old men should let the youths be for good of country

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by jembalord: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2018
He should go to court since the building was approved
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Oblongata: 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Kennydoc:

In the UK, many important roads (not talking about motor ways), most of which are single carriage roads have the wall of buildings just a few metres from them, yet accidents rarely happen.
There is no way in this world anybody can convince me that this building is on the road, or that it is the cause of accidents. Majority of accidents in Nigeria aren't due to bad roads but as a result of overspeeding and other dangerous driving.
That road is not an expressway, so buildings don't need to be up to 10m away from it. It has already been dualised, so you shouldn't tell me the government wants to dualise it. If there are accidents there, the government can put speed bumps or traffic light, or basically find a way to ensure people maintain a speed limit of not more than 60km/hr.
This is clearly politically motivated.
Did you just mention Uk?
a place where you would put earplugs on with highest volume and cross a zebra crossing without batting an eyelid because you're super sure oncoming vehicles would wait?

Please my brother try and cross a zebra crossing at ikorodu and see how oncoming vehicles would be aiming at you because you are slow...

its ying-yang bro

here our drivers are mad

the enforcers are madder, nothing N500 cannot solve

please don't compare again sir

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Oblongata: 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Thanks for presenting a facts-based objective assessment.

But you ruined it at the end asking him to seek compensation.

Why would he cause danger to other motorists or pedestrians because of his selfish motives ?

If anything, the lives lost, the families of the deceased should sue him and seek damages

IF THE BUILDING ACTUALLY FLOUTS THE CITY'S PLAN
You're very correct sir!
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by tollytexy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
Worth 800M my ass lol
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:

Sir all your points above can only be done at the expense of tax payers

You forget the radio station is also a tax payer. Installing necessary safety devices on roads to forestall accidents is the basic duty of any responsible government.

They would have been valid if it were an embassy, or some building with high interest value of the government.
Please explain what you mean by high interest value

But it is just a radio station which can easily operate anywhere in the state
Just a radio station... Do you have any idea how much time and money it takes to set up a radio station? Does it need to be government house before the government will awake to its responsibility of promoting the growth of businesses and securing lives?

Why can't it be relocated, save lives and unnecessary expenses?
Why should a tax paying business operating for 10years with all the necessary approvals in place be relocated to pander to the whims and caprices of an irresponsible power drunk government agency who instead of being alive to their responsibilities have chosen to engage in the victimisation of businesses that are providing employment opportunities to citizens of the state? Has this government taken a step back to evaluate the economic impact of the potential closure of this station?

my good sir, you are not asking the right questions;

does the building comply with the blue print of the road?
Road was constructed after the building was erected and designed to take into consideration the position of the structure so why the cries now?

how and why was the parcel of land approved and allocated if it is not in line with the blueprint?
Yet again refer to my earlier response. But just to reiterate blueprint for road took the structure of the building into consideration and subject building plan was approved.

what adequate compensation is necessary to appease party involved and end further tarnishment of the state government. ..
This is just plain silly. What compensation is government entitled to? Are taxes not being paid by the radio station? Or is this another ploy for extortion(corruption in high places) In fact the state government is the one tarnishing their image by engaging in this political witch-hunt when they have not done the first thing to secure the lives of road users in that vicinity.
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by kolaish(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2018
obi58:

What do you know about setback sir? What should be the appropriate setback distance? What is the current setback of the building? Why was the building plan approved? In the building plan,was the setback not stated? Why was it approved?

Setbacks are building restrictions imposed on property owners. Local governments create setbacks through ordinances and Building Codes, usually for reasons of public policy such as safety, privacy, and environmental protection.

Required Setback from Highways and Roads

Primary (Federal or State) Highway 90m right of way – 45 meters from the centre.
Secondary (Federal or State) Highway (60m Right of way) 30meters from the centre.
Local Road (State) (24m, 18m, 15m, 12m) – 12m, 9m, 7.5m, 6m.
Access Road / Street 9 metres, 6metres from the edges.

I am from ibadan and have been to that same building twice, so, please before arguing, go and visit the place and the first thing that will cross your mind is the distance between that building and the main road.

In addition, more than 100 houses have been demolished in Ibadan due to road expansion, roads like Eleyele - Ido road, Old ife road dualisation, Akobo - Olorunda road, just to mention a few. is it because Ayefele is a celebrity, that is why people are now raising eyebrows. If the building was actually approved by the govt, all he needs to do is to sue the govt for compensation if they demolish it.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Osyxcel(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
While not supporting the location of the building, as it's too close to the road and a risk, the following should be taken note of.

1. The building was approved by the Government.

2. The building was taken into consideration while designing the road.

3. Road bending is common and if accidents happen, it's due to the carelessness of drivers and because of the topography of the road. A lot of drivers are fond of overtaking at a bend which is very wrong. It's not peculiar to that road.

4. Two to three speed bumps on both sides of the road will be more than enough to reduce accidents on that road.

To those arguing about the worth of the building. The acquisition of the land and the construction of the building will easily gulp more than #100m due to the topography of the area. I've never entered the building though, so I don't know how the interior looks, but quality radio/studio equipment are very expensive. Consider the cost of other assets too such as generators, cars etc. The business is easily worth #500m. Then you can talk about goodwill. That in itself can be worth #200m.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
kolaish:

Setbacks are building restrictions imposed on property owners. Local governments create setbacks through ordinances and Building Codes, usually for reasons of public policy such as safety, privacy, and environmental protection.

Required Setback from Highways and Roads

Primary (Federal or State) Highway 90m right of way – 45 meters from the centre.
Secondary (Federal or State) Highway (60m Right of way) 30meters from the centre.
Local Road (State) (24m, 18m, 15m, 12m) – 12m, 9m, 7.5m, 6m.
Access Road / Street 9 metres, 6metres from the edges.

I am from ibadan and have been to that same building twice, so, please before arguing, go and visit the place and the first thing that will cross your mind is the distance between that building and the main road.

Oga. Please refer to the reason stated by the government for the proposed closure before running your commentary.

They allege that building approval obtained was for an office not a radio station and not because of your setback sir.

Even if that were to be the case, why then was the building approved?

Also what any responsible government interested in maintaining your setback does is to pay compensation to building owners and then proceed to demolish.

So pray do tell, was this done? No

Have safety signs and speed bumps being installed on the road? No

Was building constructed after road was built? No

Was building plan approved? Yes

So what then is your case?
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by kolaish(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
obi58:

Oga. Please refer to the reason stated by the government for the proposed closure before running your commentary.

They allege that building approval obtained was for an office not a radio station and not because of your setback sir.

Even if that were to be the case, why then was the building approved?

Also what any responsible government interested in maintaining your setback does is to pay compensation to building owners and then proceed to demolish.

So pray do tell, was this done? No

Have safety signs and speed bumps being installed on the road? No

Was building constructed after road was built? No

Was building plan approved? Yes

So what then is your case?
There is a lot of difference between an approval for an office complex and a radio station. Building of a mast to transmit etc. please go and visit the place before arguing. There are more than 12 radio stations in ibadan, why is his own mark specially for obsructing building plan.

I listened to one of the program on the station this morning (Teretayo by Olalomi Amole and Olaiya) and the presenters were even appealing to fans not to abuse or say anything negative about the issue but plead their cause with the state govt.

For your information, I am a fan of the musician and as we speak, i have more than 9 of his musical video, but i don't allow my emotion to becloud my sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2018
Fairly used Tecno DroiPad 10 pro I I (2 gig Ram, 32gig Storage)
Good condition, great battery life, very affordable location:Ibadan : 0 816 255 8857 .
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by Drockfit: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:

All the other buildings are far inside, only ayefele is outside; on the road... making the road to tilt leftward thereby creating risk for motorists

Heard it shouldn't have been approved in the first place but for the then political influence Ayefele had...

Even one of his workers was killed by a vehicle last year, and many others have been lucky with injuries. ..

Please look at the picture closely and see the next building how far inside it is

How many of these edifice in Oyo State. What is the works of town planners and development control in the first place. I believe it has political undertones.
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
kolaish:
There is a lot of difference between an approval for an office complex and a radio station. Building of a mast to transmit etc. please go and visit the place before arguing. There are more than 12 radio stations in ibadan, why is his own mark specially for obsructing building plan.

I listened to one of the program on the station this morning (Teretayo by Olalomi Amole and Olaiya) and the presenters were even appealing to fans not to abuse or say anything negative about the issue but plead their cause with the state govt.

For your information, I am a fan of the musician and as we speak, i have more than 9 of his musical video, but i don't allow my emotion to becloud my sense of judgement.

Why don't you respond to points I raised?

If the station was deemed to be in violation of safety, why was same not demolished when the road was being built and ayefele compensated to relocate? Why is it this expedient now?

Your argument is even working against you.

Are you now alleging it is the mast and not the structure that is the problem?

Bro please stop supporting impunity. If the government intends to demolish the structure for political gains let them say so. Even if that was an office would the position of the building change?

Has the government stated their intent to demolish the building to widen the road? Are they ready to pay compensation?

Yet again I ask has the government gone ahead to install something so basic as speed bumps and road signs to check unsafe driving in that vicinity?

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by kolaish(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:

Thanks for your clarifications on this issue. i believe those responding emotionally to this issue are non residents of ibadan. Even the workers and other people who know the place will rather not argue on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by kolaish(m): 1:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
obi58:

Why don't you respond to points I raised?

If the station was deemed to be in violation of safety, why was same not demolished when the road was being built and ayefele compensated to relocate? Why is it this expedient now?

Your argument is even working against you.

Are you now alleging it is the mast and not the structure that is the problem?

Bro please stop supporting impunity. If the government intends to demolish the structure for political gains let them say so. Even if that was an office would the position of the building change?

Has the government stated their intent to demolish the building to widen the road? Are they ready to pay compensation?

Yet again I ask has the government gone ahead to install something so basic as speed bumps and road signs to check unsafe driving in that vicinity?
Have you read the notice given to him by the state govt (between the lines)? In my opinion, the station has a lot of sympathy from the govt. That is why they have not pull it down till now. I do not have much time to be responding to your question, but I advice you to tune to his radio station and listen to some of the appeals the way the presenters are diplomatically appealing to fans to help in persuading the govt to renege on their plans to demolish the building. Then, you will understand better.

If Ayefele is sure that his building is not at fault, why not advice him to go to court and seek redress.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by willian10: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2018
How is that structure worth 800M
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by akbahbah(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
CloudResident:

I agree with you.The late Arisekola Alao intervened on behalf of Ayefele back then thereby altering the width to accommodate his building during the road construction back then.Numerous accidents have been occurring there since.
I support it if it's to widen the road around that axis.
Am an ardent fan of Dr Olayinka Joel Ayefele'(OJA)
but sentiments should not becloud my sense of judgement.
Human lives and safety is paramount!
This ought not to have happened in the first place in saner climes.

Guys stop supporting evils, there are other better ways to do damage control. installation of bumps and some traffic signs are enough. 70% of UK roads are not as wide as this and accident are controlled drastically by mere signs and bumps. In United States, there are more dangerous bends/corners on their roads, Houses, shops and malls are built more closer to roads than this ayefele structure. Govt did not resort to pulling down their structure to address accident issue. Ajimobi is a fool even though he claimed he has the right exposure to govern us on oyo state, so why cant he just benchmark from UK and US instead of pulling down the structure. Ajimobi is a bastard and all his evil shall hunt him one day.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by brandmix: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
Oblongata:

Yep there was a really nasty accident recently
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by CloudResident(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2018
akbahbah:

Guys stop supporting evils, there are other better ways to do damage control. installation of bumps and some traffic signs are enough. 70% of UK roads are not as wide as this and accident are controlled drastically by mere signs and bumps. In United States, there are more dangerous bends/corners on their roads, Houses, shops and malls are built more closer to roads than this ayefele structure. Govt did not resort to pulling down their structure to address accident issue. Ajimobi is a fool even though he claimed he has the right exposure to govern us on oyo state, so why cant he just benchmark from UK and US instead of pulling down the structure. Ajimobi is a bastard and all his evil shall hunt him one day.

I am NOT a fan of Ajimobi neither do I have any political affiliation to him. (Pls note)
Why was he given a leverage over others in the first place?
It's saddening to read your vile outbursts even from a point of naivety! Not only Ayefele's building but buildings which distort initial outlay of the road..
By the way your comparison with those countries are laughable in this case! cheesy
Excuse me.. Are you A Nigerian? Just asking...

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
kolaish:
Have you read the notice given to him by the state govt (between the lines)? In my opinion, the station has a lot of sympathy from the govt. That is why they have not pull it down till now. I do not have much time to be responding to your question, but I advice you to tune to his radio station and listen to some of the appeals the way the presenters are diplomatically appealing to fans to help in persuading the govt to renege on their plans to demolish the building. Then, you will understand better.

If Ayefele is sure that his building is not at fault, why not advice him to go to court and seek redress.

It's obvious you don't know much about this issue and are not willing to open your closed mind to enlightenment.

The case is already in court and Ayefele has secured a restraining order on the government's proposed demolition.

Saying that they enjoyed previous government sympathy is hearsay as I'm sure you don't have any evidence to prove that.

If you knew anything about law you would know that government can only demolish illegal structures without compensation. If they choose to continue with their nefarious plans, then they should be ready to pay compensation through their nose for illegal demolition as the building plan was approved.

Let's see if they will dare proceed with their plan when slammed with a potential 1bilion naira lawsuit.

But then again, this is Nigeria where precedent has already been laid for contravention of court orders so who knows?
Re: Yinka Ayefele: Demolition Of My N800m Music House Politically Motivated by obi58: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
CloudResident:

I am NOT a fan of Ajimobi neither do I have any political affiliation to him. (Pls note)
Why was he given a leverage over others in the first place?
It's saddening to read your vile outbursts even from a point of naivety! Not only Ayefele's building but buildings which distort initial outlay of the road..
By the way your comparison with those countries are laughable in this case! cheesy
Excuse me.. Are you A Nigerian? Just asking...

Just read what you wrote. Does anything there make sense?

Name one country in the world where government can choose to demolish a building with approved building plan without compensation. Does being a Nigerian mean impunity should be supported?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Peter And Paul Okoye With Their Friend / Yul Edochie On BBNaija: Use Money To Campaign For Youths Like Me, Banky W / Here Is Ini Edo's Website: Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.