Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job (22482 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Do You Want To Secure A Good Job In Nigeria? Top 5 Factors You Should Consider / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by nathanjohn2808: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
mema900:

So, how much is your pay finally?
Very commendable
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Kabaka100: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
Acidosis:
In a working environment, getting a job, getting paid for a contract or a job well done, getting a visa, buying a car, etc. would not be testimonies.

I'm happy you got a job bro, but I'm also sad that normal events have become miracle/testimonies in Nigeria. Our fathers did not testify, they had options, some of them got good jobs on their graduation day. It is a job, a place you have to work and sweat. Employers should be testifying instead

sad sad

Its not same situation 4 everyone though. It mostly depends on factors like:
what course u read at the universuty, what level of degree u acquired b4 looking 4 a job, did u do internship while in school and mostly importantly, what kind of connection do u have(ie who do u know?)

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by bamasite(m): 6:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Oblang(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats..
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by davide470(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Very commendable
Congrats bro! It paid off at last!

I see you are now in the Capital Market. That's great! If you are having challenges, do let me know. I was in your shoes some years back (engineering major in the financial industry)

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by PricelexxZiny(f): 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
Huge congrats to you, I tap into the blessing
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Switup: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
thomjoe:
Congratulations man. Please send your CV to me let me have the format via email thomjoe74@yahoo.com.
Thanks
please if sent to you, kindly forward to dswitee@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Vhikie: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by karika2018: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
May God help Nigerian youths..............this where the things that i could not endure when i was living in nigeria. After 16yrs of trying to get a visa i finally succeeded. 100k is the amount that i make in two days. Once you are legal in abroad...you will surely be making a decent living. If you are hard working enough, then you can surely make it big.

It is GOD that is just helping nigerian youths.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by seangy4konji: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Lol

Testimony lagbara ni

Only in Nigeria does eveythinghas to be had like. Miracle...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Tpresh(f): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations, I'm happy for you....

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by kenoz(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2018
Congrats
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Some of you must have seen my previous post on how I lost several jobs, even after reaching final stage.
https://www.nairaland.com/4603604/reached-final-stages-3-major
After I posted this, I reached final stages of two more and it looked so sure but then again, I got rejection mail. Sometimes, the interviewers will tell me how impressed they were but still reject me.
I was getting fed up. Every single week for three months, I would travel for one interview or the other, sometimes, two in a day and it all comes down to nothing.
But I noticed a trend in my application, the companies just kept getting bigger, if a smaller company rejects me today, a bigger one will call me for interview and it just kept increasing until the best I applied. I reached final stage and was scared I will be rejected just like the others but eventually got accepted to the glory of God.

Let me give you my stats so you will understand better.

More than 50 applications
Over 30 assessment tests in 3 months
About 25 interviews in the 3 months
Over 100k spent in transport (for an unemployed somebody, this is huge)
Reached final stages for 6
Got one

So never give up, life may be directing you, to me, I felt they were all preparing me for my dream job, and hell yea they were. People were getting concerned for me, how I was able to manage seeing rejections every single week but still dress up and go for just another interview with same enthusiasm. But after each rejection I just smile and say, 'that was not meant for me, it was just preparatory class' and the mindset worked.
Thank God.

Never give up, never lose faith.

Congratulations

Please, kindly forward me your CV.

Luckyagbaze@gmail.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Neyoyo(m): 6:14am On Aug 19, 2018
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by distinction99(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2018
nathanjohn2808:
Some of you must have seen my previous post on how I lost several jobs, even after reaching final stage.
After I posted this, I reached final stages of two more and it looked so sure but then again, I got rejection mail. Sometimes, the interviewers will tell me how impressed they were but still reject me.
I was getting fed up. Every single week for three months, I would travel for one interview or the other, sometimes, two in a day and it all comes down to nothing.
But I noticed a trend in my application, the companies just kept getting bigger, if a smaller company rejects me today, a bigger one will call me for interview and it just kept increasing until the best I applied. I reached final stage and was scared I will be rejected just like the others but eventually got accepted to the glory of God.

Got one

So never give up, life may be directing you, to me, I felt they were all preparing me for my dream job, and hell yea they were. People were getting concerned for me, how I was able to manage seeing rejections every single week but still dress up and go for just another interview with same enthusiasm. But after each rejection I just smile and say, 'that was not meant for me, it was just preparatory class' and the mindset worked.
Thank God.

congratulations man. please kindly send be your CV via Email solomon.omobolaji@yahoo.com, I will be so glad to have the format to prepare mine. thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Theobabson(m): 7:48am On Aug 19, 2018
You know Nathan, a brilliant friend of mine referred me to this post. I was about to join the bandwagons of those screaming "No Job" and cursing in vain. Because I've had my fair share of rejection mails.

I studied Mining Engineering and completed the National Service in December, 2017. Applied to several places (including 3 of the big four), written many tests many of which I aced, but in the end, it was an effort in futility. In fact, when I got to PwC's interview stage, I was sure that was it. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I bet everything on that and got depressed.

I'd almost given up but seeing your attestation and resilience, man, I believe I can make it too. So nice of you to share. Thank you bro.

P.S: I don't want to be pushed to road safety corps or other unfufilling options. I want something fulfilling.

Which companies were you applying to for you to get that many invites in 3 months? Not doubting, need help restrategizing. Because I know there's a limit to what one can apply to on job websites.

Bro, I'll greatly appreciate a 10 minute conversation via whatsapp (08104956474) to help restrategize. I know no one and I wanna get something great without compromising or licking feets.

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by toprealman: 7:49am On Aug 19, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Got one

Thank God.

congrats bro. Bet you came out with a first class.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Opiletool(m): 8:03am On Aug 19, 2018
HaileSelassie:
Lol my current story..

Got a job with first ever interview...
Attended up to ten now... No show...

Coupled with the fact that someone I trusted so much broke me,

I'm getting depressed and suicidal over everything!

Please whatever you're going through, suicide is not the answer. That shouldn't even be in your option. Erase everything that has to do with that person that broke you from your mind. Channel the anger towards something productive to better gain some improvements that will shock such a person later in the future. Wake up everyday and tell yourself that you're created to make an impact in life, and not to rely on someone. May God be with you.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by FunnyDude(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2018
cucumbae:
An unemployed person has ₦100k in the accant?

Is very true bro.. I finished service in April with nothing in my akant. I rejected the jobs coming my way because mostly are 45k range in Lagos and considering the expenses of transport in that city .

I have above 100k+ presently in one of my akant without working for any company or submitting CV, this is after deducting my daily expenses for my needs, parents, side chicks .

My PC does the magic. Street truly pays!

I won't tag myself unemployed though but life has been great 3months back after service.

So it's possible.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by H2Ossss(m): 9:24am On Aug 19, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Thank you.
I knew I would need money to look for a good job.
I was based in kaduna n never wanted to remain there so I worked my ass off during service.
Tutored over 40 students and could save over 150k

did same during my servicr year... saved close to 300k and used for all my job search journeys.. got rejected by the likes of kpmg, harps, nse, dangote e.t.c... after several journeys from jos to lagos... the hustle eventually paid off ... got two high end jobs.... truth is you can never go wrong when you plan.. I knew i needed the money for job search.. so i hustled during service for job search purpose alone...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by distinction99(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Got one

Thank God.

congratulations man. please kindly send me your CV. I will be so glad to have it as a format to prepare mine. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Sexydevil(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
nathanjohn2808:

Got one

Thank God.

congrats dude! I tap from your grace IJN. please do forward ur cv to prosperoyemen@gmail.com
this would really do me alota good cos I just feel something is missing on my cv.

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by DoctorTee1: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Acidosis:
In a working environment, getting a job, getting paid for a contract or a job well done, getting a visa, buying a car, etc. would not be testimonies.

I'm happy you got a job bro, but I'm also sad that normal events have become miracle/testimonies in Nigeria. Our fathers did not testify, they had options, some of them got good jobs on their graduation day. It is a job, a place you have to work and sweat. Employers should be testifying instead

sad sad

Hmm..very true..what a pity

1 Like

Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Generaloluseye: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2019
Switup:
please if sent to you, kindly forward to dswitee@yahoo.com thanks

Once you get it, kindly send to sessy002@yahoo.com.
Regards.
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by Righttalk: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
I'm happy you got a job bro, but I'm also sad that normal events have become miracle/testimonies in Nigeria. Our fathers did not testify, they had options, some of them got good jobs on their graduation day. It is a job, a place you have to work and sweat. Employers should be testifying instead.

Jobs are now for highest bidder in Nigeria esp govt jobs. So if u manage get one both in private & public sector, it worth testifying in this day Nigeria & burahieconomy. So don't just testify, do thanksgivings. Congratulations bro
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by 4gunners(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
FunnyDude:

Is very true bro.. I finished service in April with nothing in my akant. I rejected the jobs coming my way because mostly are 45k range in Lagos and considering the expenses of transport in that city .

I have above 100k+ presently in one of my akant without working for any company or submitting CV, this is after deducting my daily expenses for my needs, parents, side chicks .

My PC does the magic. Street truly pays!

I won't tag myself unemployed though but life has been great 3months back after service.

So it's possible.
BROS can I PM you. I've been short of funds big time. Your advice will lift a soul.
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by 4gunners(m): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
This thread lifted my spirit.
Re: Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job by olutoyiin: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
can you please help with the cv @elisaluxurystore@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Online Registration Commences Today / Tell Us Your Job Through The Part Of Your Body You Use The Most. / Npower Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.