Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? (5636 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by ugwuishi(m): 8:23am On Aug 19, 2018
'Yes'!

That you sinned is not a problem. That is why Christ came and we are called Saints!

But that you WILL sin, is actually the problem. Address this in your head and spirit, and you will be OK.

That is the mystery of our faith!

#Dominus vobis cum!
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2018
If you don’t sin your life is definitely not straight, because for every sin I have committed in life I have always thank God. Commiting sin is one of God’s plan for our life and you have to always follow it. So I tell you today brother look at that girls ass when you feel like and if your script says spank it also do so. By so doing you have fulfilled Yahweh plan in your life smiley
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by tiredoflife(m): 8:33am On Aug 19, 2018
A believer can not sin
Sin is a nature
Its a nature from Adam

As a believer we don't sin
It is said that sin shall not have dominion over u

We are not born of Adam after we become believers
We are born of God
The nature of God is sinless
So a believer doesn't sin
But make mistakes

God doesn't attribute our mistakes as sin
A baby u bathed and let to play
Just because it soils its hand
Does that make the baby dirty
As a parent u wash the hand
And the baby is clean again
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Abelr123: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2018
sureheaven:
No holy person on earth.

The fact that u are born out of a woman makes u a sinner already.

Sure thing....still doesn't give you the right to sin. A difference between mistakenly falling into sin and deliberately sinning that's mostly premeditated on an almost hourly basis like some of our pastors. Including our VIce President Redeem pastor extraordinaire!!!
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2018
PRESENTATION:
If you don’t sin your life is definitely not straight, because for every sin I have committed in life I have always thank God. Commiting sin is one of God’s plan for our life and you have to always follow it. So I tell you today brother look at that girls ass when you feel like and if your script says spank it also do so. By so doing you have fulfilled Yahweh plan in your life smiley
Lmao!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2018
has anyone ever thought of the fact that if Nigeria constitution/justice system is like God own, all Nigerians will simply be in life-jail yet as bad as my country is: it never see me as jail worthy (I've never committed any serious offense) it provides different levels of punishment to different level of offence and exempt minors from jail punishment unlike God who will put a serial rapist, terrorist and murderer together with a fifteen year old who simply lie to her mother threatened children with fire (my Sunday school teacher weekly obsession) according to God constitution we and our corrupt politicians deserve same hell God/Yahweh/Allah constitution and justice system is the most anti human and simply delusional I don't understand why Christian pretend about this terrifying fact
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by jiggaz(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Thanks bro jiggaz and solite. I put it all to rest.

As for being conscious of sin, by his grace I can't. Those who are concious of sin forsake God's gift of righteousness. Thanks again bro jiggaz for your defence.
Alright my bro... You are always welcome...
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by MuttleyLaff: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
1 John2:1( ESV)_ My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin.
But "if" anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Gal 5:16_ Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
N:B-The "lust of the flesh" here is sin.

This scriptures all testify that it is possible for those who are in fellowship with God not to sin.
I put up this thread because someone by the name johnw47 has been charging me with lies.

Let's examine 1 John2:1 closely. John the beloved was writing to the saint asking them not to sin, because it was possible not to. 1b- But if anyone do sin we have an advocate. 1John2:1b is a plan B, a fall back of plan A.

In grammatical terms the word "if" is used when there is uncertainty about whether the event will happen at all.
But if anyone do sin is under probability. It might happen or might not. The original will of God is we sin not in Christ through his amazing grace.

It is possible not to sin in this life.
Faith and belief cometh by hearing, and hearing, by the word of God

Everything you put up here, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
It's simple, short and sweet.

I wouldnt loose sleep over johnw47, if I were you
Critical and holier-than-thou johnw47, will have you believe that he doesnt lie
Critical and holier-than-thou johnw47, will have you believe that he doesnt lie to himself, when he looks at mirror
Critical and holier-than-thou johnw47, will have you believe that he doesnt do little white lies
Only God knows how many lies before end of today, critical and holier-than-thou johnw47 would commit.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Gabrinas(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2018
Yes, it is very possible not to sin in this life. To fulfil this, there are conditions that must be met.

First, the scripture says in Gal 5:6 that walk in the spirit and you will not gratify the desire of the flesh. That is to say that, your communion with God or better put it your constant fellowship with God wihout interruption guarantees that.

No wonder Apostle Paul says that, the good he wanted to do, he was unable to do it, but the evil he didnt want to do, he found himself doing it.

The scripture further says that be ye perfect as your heavenly father is perfect. So as a child of God that keeps himself / herself burning for God, as a living sacrifice. (Rom 12:1-2), daily engaging in spiritual exercises, ONE will definitely live a sinless life.

However, as one continue to live in the flesh or better put it- worldly, there is high tendency to sin, even if you are a Christian, or a Pastor.

God help us all
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2018
jiggaz:
The people attacking me then were believers not unbelievers.... The unbelievers received my message.
you're a heretic twisting the scriptures to satisfy your lustful desires.
REPENT!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by jiggaz(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
you're a heretic twisting the scriptures to satisfy your lustful desires.
REPENT!
shocked shocked grin Wow!! They have come again... Who be dis one?
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by sureheaven(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2018
Sure thing....still doesn't give you the right to sin. A difference between mistakenly falling into sin and deliberately sinning that's mostly premeditated on an almost hourly basis like some of our pastors. Including our VIce President Redeem pastor extraordinaire!!!

There’s nothing like intentional or unintentional *SIN*.
Sin is Sin
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by johnw47: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Everything you put up here, is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Critical and holier-than-thou johnw47, will have you believe that he doesnt lie to himself, when he looks at mirror
Critical and holier-than-thou johnw47, will have you believe that he doesnt do little white lies
Only God knows how many lies before end of today, critical and holier-than-thou johnw47 would commit.

does that mean you don't like me mutt?

holier-than-thou me doesn't say i don't lie
holier-than-thou me doesn't say i don't sin anymore

you got it back the front mutt, as usual
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2018
PRESENTATION:

IF HUMANS STOP SINNING SATAN BECOMES JOBLESS.

WE DON'T WANT HIM TO LOSE HIS JOB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by orisa37: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2018
When you are truely Born Again, you sin no more.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by OneJ: 9:41am On Aug 19, 2018
jiggazz was "very rude to them".Tit for tat.
Yet, jiggazz does not sin. What a saint ! Oh blood of Zacharia !!!!!!!
Who is fooling who ?
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by MuttleyLaff: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2018
johnw47:
does that mean you don't like me mutt?
You know me John
I like and love you to death and after

johnw47:
holier-than-thou me doesn't say i don't lie
holier-than-thou me doesn't say i don't sin anymore
[img]https://s1/images/untitled.jpg[/img]
I am glad to read this honesty coming from you

So its the classic, for every time, you point a finger, three point back at you then
Perhaps you should look at yourself three times

and find out about the situation you are pointing at picking and finding a close-mindness fault with
1/ Instead of wasting time. Find out, what happened that brought the situation?
2/ Instead of being negativity prone. Find out why did the situation happen?
3/ Instead of being impatient. Find out how is/was the situation handled or how am I to handle the situation?

johnw47:
you got it back the front mutt, as usual
No I havent, I am helping a brother out understanding you and your modus operandi
You have the tendency to be quickly irritated and impatient
You throw the baby out with the bathwater
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by frankyfranky(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2018
Yes, a believer can live without sin,
Can live above sin through grace...
By strength shall no man prevail...
Walk daily with him...(the WORD)
Live out the Word....n u will surely be transformed.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by jiggaz(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2018
OneJ:
jiggazz was "very rude to them".Tit for tat.
Yet, jiggazz does not sin. What a saint ! Oh blood of Zacharia !!!!!!!
Who is fooling who ?
plz read my post again... Did i say i do not sin? No.... What i said is though there is sin in me ( the flesh) but there is no sin on me in God's eyes.... This is because of the once and for all finished work of Christ on the Cross and never to be repeated again.

So please read very well before writing baseless comments.. I am not a hypocrite cos i don't pretend, check my signature. I don't condemn people cos i am not better, what made the difference is that God drew me to Christ and i became His...

And yes i can be very rude... I put people in their place. If you are abusive or rude to me, i give it back to you 1000 times.... I don't do religion cos that's not my thing. My relationship with Christ is personal to me alone and no one can tell me how to relate with God. Peace.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by johnw47: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You know me John
I like and love you to death and after

[img]https://s1/images/untitled.jpg[/img]
I am glad to read this honesty coming from you

So its the classic, for every time, you point a finger, three point back at you then
Perhaps you should look at yourself three times

and find out about the situation you are pointing at picking and finding a close-mindness fault with
1/ Instead of wasting time. Find out, what happened that brought the situation?
2/ Instead of being negativity prone. Find out why did the situation happen?
3/ Instead of being impatient. Find out how is/was the situation handled or how am I to handle the situation?

No I havent, I am helping a brother out understanding you and your modus operandi
You have the tendency to be quickly irritated and impatient
You throw the baby out with the bathwater

i would say thanks for the lecture mutt, except it's nonsense, as usual
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Wantedmiller: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

All have sinned(past tense). This was before the cross of Christ. "Through Adam all sinned, while through Christ Jesus all who believe is made righteous."

This is the era of the second Adam( Jesus Christ). Wake up to reality and stop living with the fallen Adamic mentality.

let us assume you committed a sin around 11:00am and it is 11:30am now. How will you put that statement?

Is it not a past tense?
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Originalsly: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

All have sinned(past tense). This was before the cross of Christ. "Through Adam all sinned, while through Christ Jesus all who believe is made righteous."

This is the era of the second Adam( Jesus Christ). Wake up to reality and stop living with the fallen Adamic mentality.
Which man on earth has not sinned after the cross of Christ?....do you know any?...have you heard/read of any?....are you one? your pastor?..bishop?..daddy? the Pope?...Mother Teresa? If people are in the dark....then shed your light instead of just shouting.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by MuttleyLaff: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2018
johnw47:
i would say thanks for the lecture mutt, except it's nonsense, as usual
You're extremely so predictable
Aw, wish I could see you, rub your chubby face together and plant a kiss on it.
Sarcasm has never being your forte anyway
God bless you
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by PrincewithGod(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2018
OneJ:

My Questions for U:
Q1) Was Romans 3:23 & 1John1:9,10 written before Jesus ransom sacrifice ?
Q2) Was Apostles Paul & John living in "the era of the second Adam (Jesus Christ)" when they wrote the inspired books of Romans & 1 John respectively?
Don't try to justify your unrighteous living, strive to attain righteousness and ask the Holy Spirit to help you and you will be Sanctified.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by johnw47: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You're extremely so predictable
Aw, wish I could see you, rub your chubby face together and plant a kiss on it.
Sarcasm has never being your forte anyway
God bless you

sorry you are so inflamed toward me, oops that's a fib
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by MuttleyLaff: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2018
johnw47:
sorry you are so inflamed toward me...
Yeah, not inflamed
but love you and thats why until lately, I have religiously being liking almost all your posts, read all over the place

johnw47:
... oops that's a fib
Your nose has stretched through the window to me from where you are.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by emmasege: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2018
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One (1 John 2:1)

Christians are not expected to sin but if it does happen since we are still human, we should rush to Calvary to plead for mercy.

Our righteousness is essentially His, not ours.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2018
Same way stealing is not corruption, it all depends on what they regard as sin.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by patomberekpe(m): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2018

This is the era of the second Adam( Jesus Christ). Wake up to reality and stop living with the fallen Adamic mentality. Note. you mustn't answer with attitude Sir!
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by tete7000(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2018
A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.
Luke 18:18‭-‬19 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/luk.18.18-19.NIV

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Luke 18:9‭-‬14 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/luk.18.9-14.NIV
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Na sir, you give him much credit when you talk about me loosing sleep because of him. I can only loose my sleep because of the word of God and not for the insult and slander of someone, no matter who the person is.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? by johnw47: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yeah, not inflamed
but love you and thats why until lately, I have religiously being liking almost all your posts, read all over the place

Your nose has stretched through the window to me from where you are.

well as you know:
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off
remain peeved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Men On The Pulpit Driven By Tithe, Offering Honorarium - Gbile Akanni / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo (KICC) Richer Than Arch-bishop Of Canterbury Uk / Who Was Jesus Before He Became A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.