Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (19112 Views)

Infinix Hot 9 And Hot 9 play devices Introduced To Nigerian Market / Between Samsung A30 And Infinix S4 Which Is Better? / Between Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus And Iphone Xs Max (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by mrnwas(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Why spend so much on phone when I can get a mad laptop

My brother I taya oo.

Just buy one wicked laptop, buy Infinix zero 5 or Nokia 7 plus.

Life ana agaga

©www.guardianconstructions.com

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2018
KingLinglee:
What's the point when majority of HONEST Nigerians can't afford either ??
we just know for knowledge sake. The fone is made for the super rich. Money to buy half plot of land and start building person go use am buy fone dat after a yr or two it depreciates. Well if you've gat d money, spend it! All fingers are not equal. Though if I av d money I will definitely buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Adiwana: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2018
I plan on buying the S8+ very soon cause the S9+ for me is S8 Downgrade.The upgrade is to me just name and the functionality of S9+ is very poor compared to the hefty price one is paying for it.The S9 is more of S8 with a big name

Side Note:I still think apart from the functionality of the Andriod OS,Samsung ie still lagging behind Apple.Load heavy processors And Rams on a battery of 3000mAH.Making the battery to drain like tomorrow no dey unlike Apple that that runs smoothly on a lesser Battery life and still works just fine
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Shafiiimran99: 10:47am On Aug 19, 2018
Samsung lead others follow

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by 989900: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2018
franciskaine:
too small keh? Na transformer u want? grin

When you factor the chipsets, speed, etc. plus the fact that with the options that these phones offer, you seldom will need to use your laptop for stuffs, a bigger battery is required -- even some N25,000 Technos have 5,000 mAh batteries.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by themonk(m): 10:52am On Aug 19, 2018
franciskaine:
does the S4 and note 3 not meet ur functional needs too? Beta things na money kill am. To be frank wirh you, if I av d money I will buy either of this fones, they are specially configured machines. Samsung is bae!

Anyone who has less than 5m in his/her account shouldn't av anything doing with this fones. They are made for the first class citizens of the society. If you don't belong there don't force urself to be there.
S4 and S5 would be slow for my functional requirements. As a matter of fact I have an S5 I barely use because it is slow. I'm also a big fan of samsung.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by lebete3000: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2018
Chapecoense:
Samsung with their endless release of phones. Before you even have time to unbox one model, they have released another one.

So what will you say about Tecno?
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2018
themonk:

S4 and S5 would be slow for my functional requirements. As a matter of fact I have an S5 I barely use because it is slow. I'm also a big fan of samsung.
Oya dash me na, I go manage am grin
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2018
989900:

When you factor the chipsets, speed, etc. plus the fact that with the options that these phones offer, you seldom will need to use your laptop for stuffs, a bigger battery is required -- even some N25,000 Technos have 5,000 mAh batteries.
but Samsung batteries last longer. Samsung 4000mah will give u more juice dan tecno of 5000mah, my observation though.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Krak(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2018
989900:
Samsung is cool, but they still overheat; might crash anytime after 2 years, plus 3,500/4,000mAh is too small.
Huawei is arguably the best Android phone maker: durable, responsive, built to last, efficient . . . even their $300 phones are "unfxckwithable"!

iPhone and Samsung fan boyz, over to you.

Snapdragon 845 does not overheat.

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Just2endowed2(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2018
989900:
Samsung is cool, but they still overheat; might crash anytime after 2 years, plus 3,500/4,000mAh is too small.
Huawei is arguably the best Android phone maker: durable, responsive, built to last, efficient . . . even their $300 phones are "unfxckwithable"!

Spot on.... I am flexing my huawei mate 8 4gig ram 64gig gold 4000mah. If u need it hallam me

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by dayveed1(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2018
themonk:
shocked

Still rocking my S7 Edge.
I don't fall for all those promotional brouhaha such that you leave a device that meets all your functional requirements to buy another one just because it is the latest. I buy functionality not ego cool.
lol I'm still rocking my S7e too... Serves me well.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2018
989900:

Here we go again...the efficiency of the chip means it ei consume lesser miliamp per hour..tecno's chips are less power efficient that is why they try to compensate with humongous batteries..
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by spiritedtete: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2018
Note 9 is Just a slight difference of Note 8.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Rubiesangel: 11:31am On Aug 19, 2018
franciskaine:
but Samsung batteries last longer. Samsung 4000mah will give u more juice dan tecno of 5000mah, my observation though.
Tecno has told you what they are offering, subscribe when you are convinced. All brands no be the same, they are unique in their different ways
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by donshady(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2018
themonk:
shocked

I don't fall for all those promotional brouhaha such that you leave a device that meets all your functional requirements to buy another one just because it is the latest. I buy functionality not ego cool.

It's all about choice. If you love your s7 rock it. And for those of us who wants to have a taste of the latest. Let's carry on. It's our choice and our purse.

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Rubiesangel: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2018
lebete3000:

So what will you say about Tecno?
What about tecno? that they are working tirelessly to satisfy the consumers? Thats what we want.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Aderewah: 11:36am On Aug 19, 2018
mrnwas:

My brother I taya oo.

Just buy one wicked laptop, buy Infinix zero 5 or Nokia 7 plus.

Life ana agaga

©www.guardianconstructions.com

Sense wee not kee you. Which site the Samsung go open wey my techno no go open. Where better mac book with 16 gig ram and 4 gig graphics dey waste. So ko, S900 ni
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by mrnwas(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2018
One of my colleagues even said "If you have the money, you go buy am" me I told him as I said.

That €1000 is enough to buy me 1000 blocks, 4 trips of sand and many bags of cement, I go don build my house go far oo

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by scarycuteface(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2018
Little difference between the two
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:57am On Aug 19, 2018
themonk:
shocked

I'm rocking mine too. the silver is bae, but I'd prefer the white or black Onyx. I searched endlessly for those beauties.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
TheOdd1sOut:
I prefer Samsung but they have the following cons

1. They're way too expensive for an average Nigerian man

2. They overheat regularly

3. Their batteries are too small for the chips processing power.

They should tend to copy other manufacturers. Recently, techno products has large batteries I.e 5000mAh.
Big chips don't work with big batteries. They clash and burn and such was the case of note7 if you remember. They tried 4000mah on it and it boomeranged. Have you noticed that iPhone does not have up to 4000mah battery on any of their devices.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Chapecoense:
Samsung with their endless release of phones. Before you even have time to unbox one model, they have released another one.

I tell you, very annoying angry
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Lurdjuni: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
olateeboy:
If no good ba3..forget it!
na 4000 mah
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Ijaya123: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
There’s isn’t much difference between last year Note 8 and this year Note 9.

And now pricing Note 9 at $1000 is a real mistake. Samsung always playing catch-up to Apple iPhone.

Six months down the line, the sales will be so disappointing that they will start offering discounts to attract buyers.
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
cool This is a nuclear weapon
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by DAVE5(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
FYB:
same old things

the only improvement on phone is the camera. Else every other is recycling

Camera improvement; yes

But what’s d difference, an s7 would still takes great pix, all those things do not mean much , to me all android phones r the same joor
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by dicksonadams(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
dayveed1:
lol I'm still rocking my S7e too... Serves me well.

But the phone dey quick crack

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Onyenna(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
priceaction:
After 5 years now, it will be here on nl like buy Samsung 9+ for 30k, check my signature. Nothing last forever. I could remember when I used to envy my friend's galaxy S4 with autoscroll while reading years back. How much dem dey sell am now?

LOL!....

I gave away my S4 last month.... The phone was just lying there in my house for over 2yrs gathering dust...

The phone is now "serious" old school...
Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
989900:

well spoken. Huawei is bae!!!

1 Like

Re: Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy Note 9 And Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus by 989900: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Here we go again...the efficiency of the chip means it ei consume lesser miliamp per hour..tecno's chips are less power efficient that is why they try to compensate with humongous batteries..

Not true.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Nigeria Mtn Sim Work In Ghana? / How To Transfer Airtime Credit From Etisalat Line To Another / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.