Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies (1253 Views)

Why Do Men Like To Sleep With Their House Helps? / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Sleep With Their House Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2018
So this is my story. I have a 2months old baby and immediately I put to bed, mum in-law came around she has been supporting and helpful. Hubby too have been very supporting even with his busy schedule. Prior to when I put to bed, I've been the one doing all the house chores combined with work. My kind of work sometimes I close late like say 8pm especially when my boss is around we will need to do meetings cos of the key post I hold. Whenever I'm to close that late, hubby come pick me up...although when I was pregnant, the maximum time I close was 5pm.

The issue I have now is that Mum in law will be going back to the village as soon as I resume work cos my maternity leave is almost over. Hubby has been pleading with me to get a help because he always pity me he said im working too much undecided even before I delivered. But I've been telling him I don't need one...fastforward to this time, I think I need a help cos stress of taking care of a newborn and house is beginning to take its toll on me embarassed cry . I don't even know how I will cope when I resume work. I was thinking of getting someone to resume and close with me in the office just to be holding the baby. But hubby said I should think about it because some days, he may not be home....

Please all how do I even go about a help, where do I start from and what are your opinions please? I'm so scared of the gory stories on the internet these days that is why I've been so sceptical. Also, does excessive house chores , nursing a baby and stress make a woman age? Awaiting your comments, opinions and advice...thanks smiley

Please ignore any typo I'm tired ... cry
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by ummsumayyah(f): 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
You can talk to your mother in law about getting an help. This house girl of a thing is actually by luck, you might be lucky to get a very good help that will treat your child like her sister. We had house girls growing up and they all had their different issues
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by itiswellandwell: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2018
Here is my suggestion.
You can look for a househelp that will only work for you on weekends. Weekends, you make soup and food that will last your family a week and refrigerate. When you want to eat, you just microwave or warm.

This will reduce your workload during weekdays.

You can then take your baby to work with you for like two months. After two months, get a good daycare center. There are alot.

All the very best.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by Aquablue: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
I was thinking of getting someone to resume and close with me in the office just to be holding the baby.

Please ignore any typo I'm tired ... cry[/quote]

Imho,get someone around who can go with u to work and close with you as the baby is still too small.
When the baby is older then u can do daycare /creche.
I personally don't like leaving ppl in my house when I am at work .
Same person can come on Saturday for house cleaning and chores.

By the grace of God I have never had a house help but ppl come to clean and go.I am an educationist so I take my kids to sch wt me.

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by Eketem: 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
Which town do you live?

Unfortunately for years this nanny matter has been treated like it's a favor to the maid instead of a paying job.

Times have changed, please don't go for any village small girl who will feel her own life is wasting while she Is taking care of your child and grow resentful.

Invest in an actual professional with some training in child care. Our kids are our most prized possession, who ever we want to take care of them should be very qualified

3 Likes

Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
ummsumayyah:
You can talk to your mother in law about getting an help. This house girl of a thing is actually by luck, you might be lucky to get a very good help that will treat your child like her sister. We had house girls growing up and they all had their different issues
OK thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by realtalk19: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
For me I got a nanny through my mum who is a widow,she is in her early 50s and she looked after my first daughter for 3 years after which we parted for a while and I had to call her back when I had my son because she is the only person I trust wit my child. She stays with my kids btw Mondays - Fridays immediately am back from work.

I do the cooking and general cleaning,bathing and dressing up of my 1yr old son before I leave for work.

She washes twice a week(wed and Fridays)

She takes and picks up my daughter to and fro school and monitors her to do her homework when she gets back.

The day she had emergency I ended up taking my son to my sch creche and begged my neighbour to pik up my daughter since her kids and mine attend same school.

I work as an administrator in a school and due to the sensitivity of my post I close btw 5-6:30pm especially if my boss is around.

You can plan your duties and have part-time domestic worker who comes in three times in a week to do different duties(washing/ general cleaning and groceries) then fix your cooking for weekends.as for your baby try get a creche close to your office so u can monitor closely.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Here is my suggestion.
You can look for a househelp that will only work for you on weekends. Weekends, you make soup and food that will last your family a week and refrigerate. When you want to eat, you just microwave or warm.

This will reduce your workload during weekdays.

You can then take your baby to work with you for like two months. After two months, get a good daycare center. There are alot.

All the very best.
Thanks for the suggestion's ma.
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
Eketem:
Which town do you live?

Unfortunately for years this nanny matter has been treated like it's a favor to the maid instead of a paying job.

Times have changed, please don't go for any village small girl who will feel her own life is wasting while she Is taking care of your child and grow resentful.

Invest in an actual professional with some training in child care. Our kids are our most prized possession, who ever we want to take care of them should be very qualified
Hmnn you are right thanks ma'am.
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2018
realtalk19:
For me I got a nanny through my mum who is a widow,she is in her early 50s and she looked after my first daughter for 3 years after which we parted for a while and I had to call her back when I had my son because she is the only person I trust wit my child. She stays with my kids btw Mondays - Fridays immediately am back from work.

I do the cooking and general cleaning,bathing and dressing up of my 1yr old son before I leave for work.

She washes twice a week(wed and Fridays)

She takes and picks up my daughter to and fro school and monitors her to do her homework when she gets back.

The day she had emergency I ended up taking my son to my sch creche and begged my neighbour to pik up my daughter since her kids and mine attend same school.

I work as an administrator in a school and due to the sensitivity of my post I close btw 5-6:30pm especially if my boss is around.

You can plan your duties and have part-time domestic worker who comes in three times in a week to do different duties(washing/ general cleaning and groceries) then fix your cooking for weekends.as for your baby try get a creche close to your office so u can monitor closely.

Goodluck

Thanks smiley
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
Thank you all for your response and opinion... God bless you smiley
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by babythug(f): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
What did you decide?

Have you found a way round the matter?
Re: Experienced Mothers/wives Please I Need Opinions Concerning House Helps/ Nannies by StrongWoman333(f): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
babythug:
What did you decide?

Have you found a way round the matter?
I got maternity leave extension for another two months from my boss. By then baby would have grown a bit and I will take her to creche I'm not just convinced with the nanny thing don't know why.

And concerning the house chores, I've arranged with someone that will come tidy up the house like once in two weeks while I do the basic chores smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy International Men's Day! November 19 / Marital Problems ...my Guys Needs Advice / Yes, I Beat My Husband Silly - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.