Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,229 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (89130 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by henrybomb(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2018
It looks like a koala u can keep it u don't have to kill it
Turks:
What’s This Animal Called? It Was Found On The Farm Today

What’s this animal called please? I know I’ve seen it a number of times on NatGeo Wild. Don’t recall what it’s called. Very cheerful and easy going animal and no, we didn’t kill it. It’s still very much alive. angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ5VGv2K9uA
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by roomus(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2018
Very correct bro..dats a calabar angwantibo related to potto and lorises..it's found around calabar Nigeria and west africa
:-
kannymoore:
It's either a Potto or a Loris.

Either of both.

2 Likes

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by babamadiba(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2018
lonelydora:

I don't know oooo, but It looks scary.
ok bro
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by aimsbaba(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2018
The name of the animal is Koala
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by redangel2017: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2018
Turks:

What’s this animal called please? I know I’ve seen it a number of times on NatGeo Wild. Don’t recall what it’s called. Very cheerful and easy going animal and no, we didn’t kill it. It’s still very much alive. angrybe careful oo.. That koala might have escaped from Congo.. U be touching anything you see.. [size=8pt][/size] angry

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by obynno7(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2018
That's Africa Galego other wise known as baby bush
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Ignatio(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2018
Thank goodness it's still alive. You are unlike many Nigerians.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by pfpmoderator: 10:32am On Aug 19, 2018
impressive
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by pfpmoderator: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2018
impressive

1 Like

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2018
Realname:

I think he has schitzophrenia
you sha want me to carry dictionary buh no vex i no get dic for here so you better do the needful before i visit you this midnight with my edo sisters crew.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by slyrone(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2018
it is called a SLOB. they are very slow paced animals
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Burgcudi(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2018
Slow lorises have their front teeth cut or pulled before being sold as pets, a practice that often causes infection and death.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by olatbs(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2018
dats a spiritual koala
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by boyjo: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2018
Turks:

What’s this animal called please? I know I’ve seen it a number of times on NatGeo Wild. Don’t recall what it’s called. Very cheerful and easy going animal and no, we didn’t kill it. It’s still very much alive. angry

Why not release back into that bush?
Are you willing to do the hard work of studying about how it feeds, sleeps, excrete, moves, breathes, grows?
Do you have the money, patience? And protection from your neighbour's children.
Whatever you do, don't take it to a Nigeria zoo so that it doesn't die of starvation.

Look for a white man who caters to such animals to sell it to and make some money for yourself.

You his??
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Emmeezzyy: 11:47am On Aug 19, 2018
It's a koala
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by donnie(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2018
SarakiBukola:

It's a Potto.

Yes, you're correct.

Hey everyone we got the answer here..

It's a Potto. smiley

1 Like

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Flickzvill(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Dull people everywhere that's called a "sloth"
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Redman44(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
The op should give us a Update about what he has done to this animal, Sloth, Pottos or Whatever it might be. It is a lovely animal though.

Lets help the OP get this animal to the UI Zoological Garden, where I believe it will be kept securely and well fed. Thanks.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Redman44(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
I find this thread very interesting. So we can still find animals like this in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. I thought our local hunters with their dane guns have killed all the animals in our forests and bushes. God is amazing o. God, you are good o. This Potto or Sloth must not be killed. The OP must give us updates about this cute thing.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Benfaco: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2018
Turks:

That's a galago also known as Bush baby shocked
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by lilayus01: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
They call it uki in yoruba language
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Blue86(m): 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
I never knew Nigeria had sloths.
Thought it was only found in another continent.
Please don't eat it.
Say no to extinction of endangered Nigerian species.

1 Like

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by jomolu: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
hello,Do u intend to sell it?
call 08141678049
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by propertygeek1: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
3millionia:
Op forget the name abeg make fire sharp sharp. Man must wack cool
and this mumu get likes. na was oo. you want to kill something so cute, that have a right to life just like you do. just because you're hungry and demented doesn't mean that you don't have to respect the sanctity of life.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Nemesis08(m): 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2018
It's a koala �
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Talkwell: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
adams345:
Pls nairalanders i cnt recall wat dat is again

Potto

1 Like

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by eaglechild: 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
Not a sloth, those are found in the Americas
Not a koala, those are found in Australia and are marsupials
Not a galago( bushbaby), those have long bushy tail and are faster
Not a loris, though closely related those are found in Asia.

It is a potto

1 Like

Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by kannymoore(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
roomus:
Very correct bro..dats a calabar angwantibo related to potto and lorises..it's found around calabar Nigeria and west africa
:-

It's either a Potto or an Angwatibo.

You're very correct.

Alas it's not easy to distinguish both from the photo as the animal here is quite young And they both have similar habits.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Ebere2020(m): 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2018
report to a zoo ASAP animal for keep don show.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by Stephen4christ: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2018
It's a koala bear
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by belcom10(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bro, if the animal is unidentified, Just give am one name. And the world will adopt it grin. After all, something start somewhere.
Re: Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) by einsteine(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Flickzvill:
Dull people everywhere that's called a "sloth"

That's Arctocebus calabarensis, not a sloth. You can google it and see you are the dull sloth here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Sebright: Have You Seen This Popular Chicken Breed Before? (Photos) / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.