Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship (1931 Views)

The Cheapest Way Of Having Sex. A Must Read / My Girlfriend Has A Very Weird Way Of Asking For Sex - Man Shares Story / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by excel111(m): 12:20am On Aug 19, 2018
1. Be Patient With Your Partner: Avoid
forcing your lover to do something
against his or her wish. Let everything
happen in the right time. There is no
need to rush.
2. Be An Understanding Partner: Try to
believe what your lover tells you, if he
tells you that he failed to get airtime to
call you, try to understand. He’s also a
human being like you. If she tells you
that by the time you called her, she was
asleep–please try to understand. She
also gets tired and she needs to rest like
any other person.
3. Always Forgive And Forget: Avoid
bringing back the old things your lover
did to you in the past every time you get
a quarrel.
4. Be Caring: I don’t mean you should
go and borrow money from the bank
and friends to buy costly things for your
partner or taking him or her to
expensive hotels. I mean doing the little
things that suits your wallet. Trust me if
your lover is understanding he/she will
appreciate and love you that way.
5. Maintain The Communication With
Your Partner: Try keeping in touch with
your partner, call or text him or her—At
least once in a day. Don’t allow your
lover to start missing you. Be closer in
any possible way.
6. Be Faithful And Trustworthy To Your
Partner: I know you may be far away
from your partner. Sometimes, you may
start doubting him or her, and you start
thinking that maybe he or she is
cheating on you. and because of that,
you also start flirting and sleeping
around with different people—which
isn’t good at all. Fight those false
thoughts so that they don’t take you off
track. If you really love him or her, Trust
in your partner and be faithful.
7. Avoid Listening To Rumors: these
rumors are spread by jobless people.
They keep gathering false information
and then they spread it to you. Majority
of them have intentions which aren’t
good. Some are even interested in your
lover, they admire the way he/she cares
and loves you. So give them a deaf ear
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:21am On Aug 19, 2018
Great advice.
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:27am On Aug 19, 2018
Very nice advise but a deranged fool like Romenna who prefers living with lower animals will never understand.
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 19, 2018
Can you truly not be insecure in a relationship?

I mean can you truly relax and put your mind at ease without worrying that your partner maybe constantly chatting/talking with someone who may sway her interests sometime in the course of dating her?

I put up this don’t care, not insecure attitude, I hide my worries and fears and appear not insecure, not possessive; you know, all the things you shouldn’t do/be in a relationship.

Thing is, out of five relationships, I’ve lost 3 because the girl got close to some other guy and decided he was the best fit for her, when I ask where I might have gone wrong, she just says this other guy knows and understands her better.

So I don’t know, I’m lost. I used to think the fault was from me but I know it’s not from me cos I like doing everything by the book. Someone told me it’s cos i never act jealous and that’s what drives the girls away, how true?
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 19, 2018
mrAMG:

I mean can you truly relax and put your mind at ease without worrying that your partner maybe constantly chatting/talking with someone who may sway her interests sometime in the course of dating her?

I put up this don’t care, not insecure attitude, I hide my worries and fears and appear not insecure, not possessive; you know, all the things you shouldn’t do/be in a relationship.

Thing is, out of five relationships, I’ve lost 3 because the girl got close to some other guy and decided he was the best fit for her, when I ask where I might have gone wrong, she just says this other guy knows and understands her better.

So I don’t know, I’m lost. I used to think the fault was from me but I know it’s not from me cos I like doing everything by the book. Someone told me it’s cos i never act jealous and that’s what drives the girls away, how true?

Stop acting by the book and start being you. How have you tried to work on yourself after the three girls left for the exact same reason.
Sometimes the girl does somethings just to make u feel. Jealous, not that she means it, and it's only natural to be jealous, stop hiding it. It only gets bad when you become too overprotective
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 19, 2018
Sexonmomma:

Stop acting by the book and start being you. How have you tried to work on yourself after the three girls left for the exact same reason.
Sometimes the girl does somethings just to make u feel. Jealous, not that she means it, and it's only natural to be jealous, stop hiding it. It only gets bad when you become too overprotective

In your opinion, from the little you know, how do I work on myself?

So then, you’re saying I should always let them know how I feel about them talking to some guy or doing something that makes me jealous?

And define overprotective. When do you become too overprotective?
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Skylarking: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2018
mrAMG:

How did you feel when each girl left you??
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
Skylarking:

How did you feel when each girl left you??

Bad of course
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Skylarking: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
mrAMG:

Bad of course

Then you are weak for feeling bad.

Some authorities have it that; "When two people first meet there is generally a silent mental conflict in which their respective minds test their quality of positiveness, and fix their relative position toward each other. This process may be unconscious in many cases, but it occurs nevertheless. The adjustment is often automatic, but occasionally the struggle is so sharp - the opponents being so well matched - that the matter forces itself into the consciousness of the two people. Sometimes both parties are so much alike in their degrees of positiveness that they fail to come to terms, mentally; they never really are able to get along with each other, and they are either mutually repelled and separate or else stay together amid constant broils and wrangling."

Feeling bad only makes you a weak person. It's never your fault. Maintain your notion and modus operandi about love and relationship as a whole and a girl who'll stay, will definitely stay.
Be yourself and live your life to the fullest. There is always someone compatible with your personality somewhere.
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
Skylarking:

Then you are weak for feeling bad.

Some authorities has it that; "When two people first meet there is generally a silent mental conflict in which their respective minds test their quality of positiveness, and fix their relative position toward each other. This process may be unconscious in many cases, but it occurs nevertheless. The adjustment is often automatic, but occasionally the struggle is so sharp - the opponents being so well matched - that the matter forces itself into the consciousness of the two people. Sometimes both parties are so much alike in their degrees of positiveness that they fail to come to terms, mentally; they never really are able to get along with each other, and they are either mutually repelled and separate or else stay together amid constant broils and wrangling."

Feeling bad only makes you a weak person. It's never your fault. Maintain your notion and modus operandi about love and relationship as a whole and a girl who'll stay, will definitely stay.
Be yourself and live your life to the fullest. There is always someone compatible with your personality somewhere.

Wow!

Fresh perspective
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by excel111(m): 6:26am On Aug 21, 2018
mrAMG:

Wow!

Fresh perspective
hahahaha!
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by zenith4biz(m): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2018
mrAMG:

Some ladies take jealousy as love.......if you like buy the world for them, if you are not jealous they will think you don't really love them.... Be moderately jealous, be assertive....stand like a man and stand on your ground.......
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by romenna: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Sexonmomma:
Very nice advise but a deranged fool like Romenna who prefers living with lower animals will never understand.
lol I'm sorry if my words hurt u. Dnt take tins u read here to heart ok. Cheers
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
romenna:
lol I'm sorry if my words hurt u. Dnt take tins u read here to heart ok. Cheers

Try not to say hurtful things that you don't mean
Re: Mature Way Of Being In A Relationship by Timtol(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
excel111:
1. Be Patient With Your Partner: Avoid forcing your lover to do something against his or her wish. Let everything happen in the right time. There is no need to rush. 2. Be An Understanding Partner: Try to believe what your lover tells you, if he tells you that he failed to get airtime to call you, try to understand. He’s also a human being like you. If she tells you that by the time you called her, she was asleep–please try to understand. She also gets tired and she needs to rest like any other person. 3. Always Forgive And Forget: Avoid bringing back the old things your lover did to you in the past every time you get a quarrel. 4. Be Caring: I don’t mean you should go and borrow money from the bank and friends to buy costly things for your partner or taking him or her to expensive hotels. I mean doing the little things that suits your wallet. Trust me if your lover is understanding he/she will appreciate and love you that way. 5. Maintain The Communication With Your Partner: Try keeping in touch with your partner, call or text him or her—At least once in a day. Don’t allow your lover to start missing you. Be closer in any possible way. 6. Be Faithful And Trustworthy To Your Partner: I know you may be far away from your partner. Sometimes, you may start doubting him or her, and you start thinking that maybe he or she is cheating on you. and because of that, you also start flirting and sleeping around with different people—which isn’t good at all. Fight those false thoughts so that they don’t take you off track. If you really love him or her, Trust in your partner and be faithful. 7. Avoid Listening To Rumors: these rumors are spread by jobless people. They keep gathering false information and then they spread it to you. Majority of them have intentions which aren’t good. Some are even interested in your lover, they admire the way he/she cares and loves you. So give them a deaf ear
Like this

(1) (Reply)

WOMEN: How to Bypass a Woman's Demanding Syndrome In a Relationship GUARANTEED! / Semen Semen The Nutritious Drink All Women Like / 10k To Only 5 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.