Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? (1369 Views)

Political Class, Police Officers, Allowed To Spray Naira, But Not Bobrisky / Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend? / Lady Tattoos MC Oluomo's Face On Her Back (Photo/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? by TMemos: 10:04am On Aug 19, 2018
In Nigeria, police officers are not allowed to carry tattoo marks on their bodies. You can't also join the Nigeria Police is you're flat-footed, cross-eyed or a member of a cult.

In other places, the rule on tattoos is relaxed or stringent depending on the specific country. In Switzerland for example, police officers have tattoos. In most countries, visible tattoos on the face or neck are not allowed on police officers.

Now, a law is a law and it is supposed to be respected wherever you are.

Sometime ago, the Police stated that they would not recruit applicants with tattoos.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/applicants-with-tattoos-flat-feet-wont-be-enrolled-into-police-force-official/amp/

I read this morning that Dolapo Badmus, Police PRO, put up pictures of herself showing a chest tattoo. If law enforcement agents do not obey their own laws, what will happen in the society?

Why should prospective Nigerians be disqualified for the same rule which has been flouted by one of the visible police officers?
Re: Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? by TMemos: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2018

Re: Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? by FarahAideed: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2018
Most members of SARS and many MOPOLs I see spot tattooes freely

1 Like

Re: Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? by TMemos: 10:14am On Aug 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
Most members of SARS and many MOPOLs I see spot tattooes freely

Good observation. But is it right, according to their own laws?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/267845-police-recruitment-applicants-with-tattoos-will-be-disqualified-official.html
Re: Are Police Officers Allowed To Have Tattoos? by MrOfficer(m): 10:19am On Aug 19, 2018
There is no place in the police acts and regulations that forbids officers from having tattoos. I'm also aware that people with. Visible tattoos were disqualified in the last police recruitment. Since there was no provision for that in any act, I see nothing wrong and unprofessional about it (so long there tattoo is not conspicuous).

(1) (Reply)

'buhari Has Already Won February Election' / Ihedioha And His List Of Technocrats / God Will Give Supreme Judgment In Favour Of Senator Adeleke - Babatope

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.