Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Ali's New Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali's New Democracy (1362 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali's New Democracy by ono(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2006
Make una hear Col. Ahmadu Ali's response to an interview granted recently:

“Ibadan is a military garrison, you must obey orders. If you are not going to take orders, don’t join the forces. So, the present strongman in Ibadan, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, is no exception. He has come, it is his turn, Ladoja should be able to take command from him. If that condition is not acceptable to you, don’t accept the job. This is the way I see Ibadan politics”

“I am hoping that I will be able to broker a ‘sort of peace’. I say sort of peace because to broker peace in Ibadan in the present circumstance is actually kowtowing to the wishes of Adedibu, which is inevitable”.

And from Vanguard editorial:
This position clearly places Commander Adedibu above the governor. There are no chances that the rule of law would be used in resolving the Oyo conflict.

Mai people, how una see this kind thing for we country?
Re: Ali's New Democracy by Ojukwursg(m): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2006
Ono,

You should not be surprised at this kind of set-up. I hope you have not forgotten in a hurry the Ngige Vs Uba face-off that set Anambra ablaze and eventually culminated into the exit of Ogbeh from People Decieve People (PDP).

God fatherism is a common trend in in Nigeria. Its terrible!!

The way I see it, the face off will continue especially since Baba and other power brokers in PDP support the god Adedibu. The immediate losers in the quagmire will the the people of Ibadan, and Nigerian masses. PDP will eventually lose out. Leave Baba for posterity to judge.

Once again, do not be surprised at God fatherism after all, u can't be sure that Baba has no God father that he pays homage to too. PDP is all about God fathers. Got it?
Re: Ali's New Democracy by ono(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2006
http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f105012006.html

I'm beginning to see a repeat of Alams 'frameup' in this Ladoja's Case o. Could you believe that Ladoja has bank accounts in London too?
Read the hyperlink above.

My people, ehn, ehn, I don talk this thing before. This country is confusing me everyday, abi na I dey confuse for the country everyday.
Re: Ali's New Democracy by otokx(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2006
please don't be surprised. shoe get size

(1) (Reply)

2007 Presidential Race - Enters Prof Agboola Gambari / Ibb Arested In London / Political Correctness has come to Nigeria - Do not ignore the warnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.