Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' (18697 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living / ‘N50,000 Minimum Wage Will Cripple Nigeria Economy’ - Olorunnimbe Farukanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Yankiss(m): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
Tolexander:
I had to scroll down to verify the source of this news.

If Sowore actually said this, he is not fit to lead Nigeria.

I'm expecting him to tell us what plan he has to develop the economy and not manifestoes like this.

Words like this hasn't made him different from the semiliterates that have been leading us.
What he ought to say is how to strengthen the naira so that whatever wage one earns is economically sufficient. There is nothing with a N18k minimum wage. I have said it severally. The problem is maximum wage. The disparity in wages. A Senator is raking in about N36m Monthly. That is the problem. We can calibrate a maximum wage no more than ten times the minimum wage. This makes it illegal to earn more than N180K. Only then can fiscal sanity be enforced. A situation whereby N100k is minimum wage will lead to hyper inflation.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by ikorodureporta: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
cheesy sowere! Me i go dfeat am if we both contest
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Shakitibob0: 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
marvinsync:

lol ,ur one of those people that actually believe that Nigeria cannot afford that

lol , I laugh in Chinese

do u know how much money is leaked/ stolen monthly ? even with all this buhari nonsense anti corruption

dude the guy is in charge of Sahara reporters
do u have more information about the country than him?
Bros....Nigeria and Nigerians dey one kind jare...

Many who comment here lack proper information about the Nation's treasury....
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Shakitibob0: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
Yankiss:

What he ought to say is how to strengthen the naira so that whatever wage one earns is economically sufficient. There is nothing with a N18k minimum wage. I have said it severally. The problem is maximum wage. The disparity in wages. A Senator is raking in about N36m Monthly. That is the problem. We can calibrate a maximum wage no more than ten times the minimum wage. This makes it illegal to earn more than N180K. Only then can fiscal sanity be enforced. A situation whereby N100k is minimum wage will lead to hyper inflation.
and 18k would lead to Hyper Poverty
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
marvinsync:

we don't need it
old man

u know
reading all these post on nairaland
I am upset cause it seems like Nigeria does not want saving

u say " we don't want PDP or apc"

" we want a young person"
" we want increase in minimum wage"

now a guy has come with all three and now ur saying

" em, are u sure he can do it?"

go back and vote for buhari na and suffer like a foolish Nigerian

my guy will just go abroad and enjoy the rest of his life

He should bon voyage then undecided

I never voted for Buhari and I never will. Mr Sowore's agenda is leaning towards delusions of grandeur and I'm not going to be part of that mirage
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Yankiss(m): 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shakitibob0:
and 18k would lead to Hyper Poverty
You are an economic illiterate so you won't ever understand. Some states are finding it difficult to pay the minimum wage as it is today. If 18K can buy three times the present purchasing power, it is better than a 100k that cannot buy a loaf of bread. Strengthen the naira by tightening the economic indices. More naira in circulation is not how to do it. The moment you announce a new minimum wage, every other goods and services take wing. Transport fare increases, food sellers increase the price of their goods. In some instances, you will only feel a downward pull on your purchasing power as a result of this. You have more money that has not increased your purchasing power. It is called inflation!! How are they going to source the fund to pay this new wage now where the old rate is difficult?

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by GreenCap: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ques: 500% increase?
Ans: Yahoo boy!
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by yommygift15: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Behold the most useless, power hunger and Ole young presidential aspirant, he must be sick upstair
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
sowore2019:
It is realistic, we did our homework before coming up with the proposal.
How will you increase the bottom half salary and leave the other half?
How do you plan on getting states government to pay same when they are even defaulting on 18k?
How about workers in the private sector? Do note that they employ more Nigerians than the government.
Where is the funding coming from? More debts?
How will you deal with the inflation that will spiral out after wages are improved?
How will you get the Senate and Rep majority to help you actualise these lofty dreams?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by bitcoinvin(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Sahara reporters boss and one of the presidential hopefuls in the upcoming election in Nigeria, Omoyele Sowore has reiterated his stand in making sure minimum wage becomes N100,000.

Speaking at a conference in Lugbe, Abuja, the federal capital on Wednesday August 15, the presidential hopeful made the remark while answering questions from journalists, explaining the motivation behind his vigorous pursuit of the highest office in the country.
This also came on the occasion of the formal public announcement of the political party he would vie for presidency in the 2019 presidential elections.

Declaring his readiness under the flagship of one of the newly registered 23 political parties by INEC, Sowore made it plain that he is convinced that his ambition would be realized on the platform of the African Action Congress (AAC). According to him, the party has the emblem of two hands and in Sowore’s words “ without the hands, you can neither hold the umbrella nor the broom. The two hands will hold the umbrella and the broom and throw them away.”

Revealing the party name and the reason behind its choice, the presidential aspirant spoke passionately about the various plans the party has in store for Nigerians stressing that launching the party was the day the Nigerian youths had impatiently waited for.
“The very day we have all being waiting for has come. Today is the day the revolution we have been asking for will start in Nigeria. I have been saying for a long time that the day we launch our party will become the expiration day for the APC and PDP.” He began.

“What has happened today is a culmination of serious works and mobilizations. He continued. “Everybody in Nigeria had expected I would join one of the existing political parties but we decided that our kind of agenda; our programs and gigantic plans for Nigeria, cannot be accommodated within the existing political structure and we decided to launch our own political party.

Today, we have the party that is known as the African Action Congress (AAC). The reason for choosing Africa is strategic. We are looking beyond Nigeria immediately because for every ten Africans you see, five to seven of them are Nigerians”.

While reading out the party manifestoes, Sowore avowed clearly that the AAC has an unwavering vision to execute projects that would cover electricity reform, teaching and general overhauling of the health sector, among others, all providing an empowering environment for massive job opportunities totaling five million for Nigerians with a sizeable minimum wage.

“We have for you a fantastic minimum wage” he announced to a large cheering crowd of party faithfuls. “Hundred Thousand Naira is what we plan to provide for Federal Civil Servants in the country and for Youth Corps members (NYSC), we have planned to pay the same amount. Every Youth Corps member would get the same amount as government worker.”

In addition, he stressed that the party agenda targeted at changing Nigeria fundamentally, and by extension change the continent of Africa for good and unite all Africans on the continent so they can live the kind of life that they deserve.

“A life of abundance in security, in power, in infrastructure, a life without corrupt old cargoes who have destroyed our educational system, health system and infrastructure. A life that has economy that works for all that provides jobs for young people, a life of opportunities so that the child of nobody can become somebody in Nigeria,” he concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/minimum-wage-will-be-n100000-if-elected-as-president-says-omoyele-sowore/

Rubbish....Since 1960 its been the same promises....Buahri Promised Heaven and earth and what is really Happening?....what will really save Nigeria is a total Revolution that will lead in killing of some people like Obj and others,
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by ike007(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Na today? see its bit about increasing minimum wage only. fight inflation
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by bitcoinvin(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Rubbish....Since 1960 its been the same promises....Buahri Promised Heaven and earth and what is really Happening?....what will really save Nigeria is a total Revolution that will lead in killing of some people like Obj and others,
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Shakitibob0: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
Yankiss:

You are an economic illiterate so you won't ever understand. Some states are finding it difficult to pay the minimum wage as it is today. If 18K can buy three times the present purchasing power, it is better than a 100k that cannot buy a loaf of bread. Strengthen the naira by tightening the economic indices. More naira in circulation is not how to do it. The moment you announce a new minimum wage, every other goods and services take wing. Transport fare increases, food sellers increase the price of their goods. In some instances, you will only feel a downward pull on your purchasing power as a result of this. You have more money that has not increased your purchasing power. It is called inflation!! How are they going to source the fund to pay this new wage now where the old rate is difficult?
Lol....@economic illiterate

So this is all you know about Inflation....SMH

Go study more
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by addicted268(f): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Tolexander:

I'm expecting him to tell us what plan he has to develop the economy and not manifestoes like this.

Words like this hasn't made him different from the semiliterates that have been leading us.

Exactly. I'm disappointed. This goes to show say "Na dem dem". I'm sick and tired of politicians taken us for fools.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Jacobmanny(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
skarlett:
Story story, storrryyyy!

This is why I am not particularly keen on voting the so called members of the younger generation who want to lead, most of them have little or no experience and don't even bother to do their research well.

You just lost my vote Mr. Sowore undecided
please, dont come about experience as a reason not to vote a young aspirant. How many of the current political office holder were experienced before getting the seat of power? The longevity of years lived isnt enough yardstick to measure ones experiencial knowledge. Those with years of experience has ended up disharmonising the country through religious propaganda and other means to feed their bellies. I aint blindly pro youth either, but we should judge by mere headlines
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by mechanics(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
Political can lie o, they should not be trusted.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by RealityShot: 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Sahara reporters boss and one of the presidential hopefuls in the upcoming election in Nigeria, Omoyele Sowore has reiterated his stand in making sure minimum wage becomes N100,000.

Speaking at a conference in Lugbe, Abuja, the federal capital on Wednesday August 15, the presidential hopeful made the remark while answering questions from journalists, explaining the motivation behind his vigorous pursuit of the highest office in the country.
This also came on the occasion of the formal public announcement of the political party he would vie for presidency in the 2019 presidential elections.

Declaring his readiness under the flagship of one of the newly registered 23 political parties by INEC, Sowore made it plain that he is convinced that his ambition would be realized on the platform of the African Action Congress (AAC). According to him, the party has the emblem of two hands and in Sowore’s words “ without the hands, you can neither hold the umbrella nor the broom. The two hands will hold the umbrella and the broom and throw them away.”

Revealing the party name and the reason behind its choice, the presidential aspirant spoke passionately about the various plans the party has in store for Nigerians stressing that launching the party was the day the Nigerian youths had impatiently waited for.
“The very day we have all being waiting for has come. Today is the day the revolution we have been asking for will start in Nigeria. I have been saying for a long time that the day we launch our party will become the expiration day for the APC and PDP.” He began.

“What has happened today is a culmination of serious works and mobilizations. He continued. “Everybody in Nigeria had expected I would join one of the existing political parties but we decided that our kind of agenda; our programs and gigantic plans for Nigeria, cannot be accommodated within the existing political structure and we decided to launch our own political party.

Today, we have the party that is known as the African Action Congress (AAC). The reason for choosing Africa is strategic. We are looking beyond Nigeria immediately because for every ten Africans you see, five to seven of them are Nigerians”.

While reading out the party manifestoes, Sowore avowed clearly that the AAC has an unwavering vision to execute projects that would cover electricity reform, teaching and general overhauling of the health sector, among others, all providing an empowering environment for massive job opportunities totaling five million for Nigerians with a sizeable minimum wage.

“We have for you a fantastic minimum wage” he announced to a large cheering crowd of party faithfuls. “Hundred Thousand Naira is what we plan to provide for Federal Civil Servants in the country and for Youth Corps members (NYSC), we have planned to pay the same amount. Every Youth Corps member would get the same amount as government worker.”

In addition, he stressed that the party agenda targeted at changing Nigeria fundamentally, and by extension change the continent of Africa for good and unite all Africans on the continent so they can live the kind of life that they deserve.

“A life of abundance in security, in power, in infrastructure, a life without corrupt old cargoes who have destroyed our educational system, health system and infrastructure. A life that has economy that works for all that provides jobs for young people, a life of opportunities so that the child of nobody can become somebody in Nigeria,” he concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/minimum-wage-will-be-n100000-if-elected-as-president-says-omoyele-sowore/
it is possible...

What of the $3 22 million recovered loots?
I still dey wait my share O
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Jacobmanny(m): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2018
stagger:
For me, the minimum wage is not the problem. The issue is how unproductive the civil service has been over the years. Go to a typical civil service office. You see 1 person typing stuff on a computer, one person shuffling papers, one person toasting bread for sale, and 6 persons doing nothing but gisting with occasional glances at the office clock, hoping it will get to 4pm fast.

Now are these the people we will pay N100,000 to, when all over the world, small businesses are constituting the greatest employers of labour?

What country can make progress with such a structure? This structure must be fixed first before we now know what to pay the productive ones who will be left.
but really. I am also of the school of thought that money isnt really our problem as a country but lack of productivity. The more money we get and without productivity in these systems the higher the rate of poverty. We need restructuring in our civil system
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Yankiss(m): 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shakitibob0:
Lol....@economic illiterate
So this is all you know about Inflation....SMH
Go study more
I just painted a scenario. I wasn't defining inflation.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by mumjeremy(f): 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
thief
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
Jacobmanny:

please, dont come about experience as a reason not to vote a young aspirant. How many of the current political office holder were experienced before getting the seat of power? The longevity of years lived isnt enough yardstick to measure ones experiencial knowledge. Those with years of experience has ended up disharmonising the country through religious propaganda and other means to feed their bellies. I aint blindly pro youth either, but we should judge by mere headlines

Donald Duke is young and at the same time he has the experience, that is the type of person I can vote.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Jacobmanny(m): 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
skarlett:

Donald Duke is young and at the same time he has the experience, that is the type of person I can vote.
Yea, a good candidate i could also go for under the right conditions and atmosphere

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by chequemate: 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
Newphil:
Lets wait for the manifesto

https://sowore2019.org
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Dollabiz: 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
Good
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Dwhyte(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Another bloody liar of the century...
God bless your naughty soul
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by chequemate: 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
mumjeremy:
thief

what has he stolen? smiley

You need to back up your assertion with logical reasoning.

Sowore brings ideas to the fore and by research has been an unapologetic non-conformist.

Personally, I've never been inspired by any aspirant as much as Sowore does.

Lets not internalize oppression as the "cross carpeting" ruling class would love.

Support Sowore on his bid to become President in 2019 Sweetie!

TAKE IT BACK is the movement, AFRICAN ACTION CONGRESS(AAC) is the party.

Facebook: Omoyele Sowore(verified)
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by LordSkyy(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Tolexander:

You have a good head bruh.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by sowore2019: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Gkemz: 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
Na so Buhari talk before he enter. So we are used to dem lies.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Babysho(m): 9:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
This one clearly doesn't even understand the magnitude of the problem Nigeria is facing ..where are you going to get the 100 thousand Naira from?

Haha funny you'd ask. I didn't believe it until I saw. The cost of the unnecessary huge Government we run is enough money to pay 100k to every citizen, do you know that? wink

And Sowore here has promised to cut it all down.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Babysho(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
skarlett:
Story story, storrryyyy!

This is why I am not particularly keen on voting the so called members of the younger generation who want to lead, most of them have little or no experience and don't even bother to do their research well.

You just lost my vote Mr. Sowore undecided

The ones that have all the experience, what have they done for the country rather than find the loopholes in government and extort your life.

You didn't even read his manifesto before jumping into conclusions. This guy is trying to explain that he's not a "President President", he's a "People's President". Funny thing is he doesn't even want to tell lies, he's being factual but for that you cast him down because the past and current leaders have lied to us. They've made me and you blind. He's showing to you all the loopholes but you thought it's unreal. You prefer a govt that pays N23k and loot than pay N100k and not loot. You're blinded my fellow Nigerian.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Stevy007: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
Beer parlour talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And The Stalemate In Lagos East Senatorial District / Forty Years Ago, 1 Pound Was 0.8189 Naira - Rufai Oseni / Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.