Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,868 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' (18712 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / NLC: Next Minimum Wage Will Be Based On Cost Of Living / ‘N50,000 Minimum Wage Will Cripple Nigeria Economy’ - Olorunnimbe Farukanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by joachim3910(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Sahara reporters boss and one of the presidential hopefuls in the upcoming election in Nigeria, Omoyele Sowore has reiterated his stand in making sure minimum wage becomes N100,000.

Speaking at a conference in Lugbe, Abuja, the federal capital on Wednesday August 15, the presidential hopeful made the remark while answering questions from journalists, explaining the motivation behind his vigorous pursuit of the highest office in the country.
This also came on the occasion of the formal public announcement of the political party he would vie for presidency in the 2019 presidential elections.

Declaring his readiness under the flagship of one of the newly registered 23 political parties by INEC, Sowore made it plain that he is convinced that his ambition would be realized on the platform of the African Action Congress (AAC). According to him, the party has the emblem of two hands and in Sowore’s words “ without the hands, you can neither hold the umbrella nor the broom. The two hands will hold the umbrella and the broom and throw them away.”

Revealing the party name and the reason behind its choice, the presidential aspirant spoke passionately about the various plans the party has in store for Nigerians stressing that launching the party was the day the Nigerian youths had impatiently waited for.
“The very day we have all being waiting for has come. Today is the day the revolution we have been asking for will start in Nigeria. I have been saying for a long time that the day we launch our party will become the expiration day for the APC and PDP.” He began.

“What has happened today is a culmination of serious works and mobilizations. He continued. “Everybody in Nigeria had expected I would join one of the existing political parties but we decided that our kind of agenda; our programs and gigantic plans for Nigeria, cannot be accommodated within the existing political structure and we decided to launch our own political party.

Today, we have the party that is known as the African Action Congress (AAC). The reason for choosing Africa is strategic. We are looking beyond Nigeria immediately because for every ten Africans you see, five to seven of them are Nigerians”.

While reading out the party manifestoes, Sowore avowed clearly that the AAC has an unwavering vision to execute projects that would cover electricity reform, teaching and general overhauling of the health sector, among others, all providing an empowering environment for massive job opportunities totaling five million for Nigerians with a sizeable minimum wage.

“We have for you a fantastic minimum wage” he announced to a large cheering crowd of party faithfuls. “Hundred Thousand Naira is what we plan to provide for Federal Civil Servants in the country and for Youth Corps members (NYSC), we have planned to pay the same amount. Every Youth Corps member would get the same amount as government worker.”

In addition, he stressed that the party agenda targeted at changing Nigeria fundamentally, and by extension change the continent of Africa for good and unite all Africans on the continent so they can live the kind of life that they deserve.

“A life of abundance in security, in power, in infrastructure, a life without corrupt old cargoes who have destroyed our educational system, health system and infrastructure. A life that has economy that works for all that provides jobs for young people, a life of opportunities so that the child of nobody can become somebody in Nigeria,” he concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/minimum-wage-will-be-n100000-if-elected-as-president-says-omoyele-sowore/
Shut up and give us more acceptable agenda..

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2018
This is dum.b sha. How much is minimum wage in the U.S? You don't have to always raise minimum wage, just improve the economy such that the man earning 40k will do exploit.

I want to hear statement like improving the value of the dying Naira, not dumb statement from semi illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by diehard1: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
When they are finding it difficult paying 18,000 minimum wage. He should be more concernedbwith how to revive the economy.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Gerrard59(m): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
sowore2019:
It is realistic, we did our homework before coming up with the proposal.

Home work ko, assignment ni!

Did Buhari not say same when he promised to pay the less privileged 5K monthly? Create 3M jobs? Today, the country is in a huge debt hole.

Fvcktards masquerading as would be presidents!

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by HODcol: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nigerian politicians are really playing on the gullibility of many Nigerians! If Buhari can promise #1=$1,Petrol=#45/l and fighting corruption to deceive gullible Nigerians,expect anything as promise as elections draw near. Some will promise "heaven and God" if elected.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by fhorlar(f): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
akayy007:
really a lot of nigerians are sick in the head mere reading comments here alone one can tell that nigerians are born to suffer and smile at their punishers in power.... pls how much is 100k that is impossible as minimum wage? the amount of money budget for election alone can feed the entire nation not to mention the bogus amount of money these politicians are earning for doing nothing other to go on holiday and talk shit...... lot of people here dont know how much money is generated weekly in nigeria not to mention monthly and lot of people here are lazy to see things for them selves but are quick to insult someone who has come to liberate them pls continue wallowing in your poverty striking lives. showore has a legitimate means of lively hood check him out and see how far he has gone with fighting the right of people and he deserve to rule nigeria god help him

some of us out side nigeria who has seen real life and how human beings be treated and live can tell you showore is real and will fulfill his promises soon as he assume that seat......

i make 100k equivalent in 3 days without stress so pls people support who wants to help liberate you.

Funny enof all of my frnds outside Nigeria esp those in Canada are saying the same thing you are saying. Vote sowore this..vote sowore that.."he is the future" Well, bro...this is Nigeria and that is the reality.We shall get to our promised land, slowly but steadily...our economy right now cannot accomodate that. Sowore should stop giving us wash abeg....
How many private industries pay upto 100k in the first place? Even 20k self is a problem for some of them..abegiii...all na wash!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by hopexter(m): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
Will you be paying the wages from your pocket? Another idiot trying to deceive Nigerians. You can have such intentions and the Senate goes against it then what would you do? it becomes another failed promise which we are already used to. Someone above said start the payment rise with your staff and let's see. Charity begins at home.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
I'm not surprised by such wild claims and bogus statements by Sowore....No one takes him serious.

I hope there will be a national debate for these young candidates contesting for the top seat. Sowore just plays on the emotions of his followers...I would even prefer Fela Durotoye or Kingsley Moghalu. At least, these ones know what they're saying...

**OperationVoteOutPDP/APC**
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by TonyRoland(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
sowore2019:

Thanks, Nigerians have been brainwashed by the past and present analogue leadership we've had, they've internalize oppression and made to believe certain things are not possible.
We did the breakdown and analysis of the current salary scale and what we intends to pay to show the Naysayers that it is a possibility.
I Av been saying diz nd will continue saying it, most of we the youth are fools. imagine having a young president his cabinet too will be made up of young ones that can think straight,that Av postive minds,that understands our problem nt all diz old fools dat only think abt their personal interest. even though make dem no do anything if the rotation continue it will definitely get to u or ur family,brother,anuty or relatives. �..... it high time we say no to old Cargos....radarada
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by A47yo(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
Sowore explains his blueprint for the country better at Silver bird Head to Head. Look at the way the Presenter is seriously sweating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoVxBq4An8

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
What I want to hear is how you want to build Nigeria: economy, education, healthcare, industrialization, etc.

Telling me how to share money shows how clueless you can be as a "leader".

You don't build a super nation by sharing money.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by pascalbenz: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
Abeg Eye Dey Pain Me , Na Tortise Him Hang For Neck ?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by bigsmoke2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Unrealistic it will just increase recurrent expenditure and also lead to inflation. The problem is production we don't produce all we do is import
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Rick9(m): 4:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by marvinsync(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2018
FarahAideed:
This one clearly doesn't even understand the magnitude of the problem Nigeria is facing ..where are you going to get the 100 thousand Naira from?

lol ,ur one of those people that actually believe that Nigeria cannot afford that

lol , I laugh in Chinese

do u know how much money is leaked/ stolen monthly ? even with all this buhari nonsense anti corruption

dude the guy is in charge of Sahara reporters
do u have more information about the country than him?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by breakeven: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nigerians won't vote for you because you will improve their lives. They will only vote if you are their tribe or religion. That is how low we have descended.. And this is more common among the northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by egobetatoday: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
so sowore2019 is not different from buhari.
One said he will pay 100k as minimum wage another said he will make $1=#1 heheheheh ...we don suffer for this country ooo
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by NothingDoMe: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2018
Tolexander:
I had to scroll down to verify the source of this news.

If Sowore actually said this, he is not fit to lead Nigeria.

I'm expecting him to tell us what plan he has to develop the economy and not manifestoes like this.

Words like this hasn't made him different from the semiliterates that have been leading us.
Good. He is making promises he cannot keep.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by marvinsync(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
Oga politician, we don hear wetin even pass dis wan b4...........jus go ask buhari howfar wetin him bin promise

so u will vote for buhari?
do u even have ur pvc?

buhari is 150 years old dont compare that dinosaur with a young man with fresh brains like sowore

even if he is wrong
I will simply vote for him simply because he is young and neither apc nor PDP

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by marvinsync(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
skarlett:
Story story, storrryyyy!

This is why I am not particularly keen on voting the so called members of the younger generation who want to lead, most of them have little or no experience and don't even bother to do their research well.

You just lost my vote Mr. Sowore undecided

we don't need it
old man

u know
reading all these post on nairaland
I am upset cause it seems like Nigeria does not want saving

u say " we don't want PDP or apc"

" we want a young person"
" we want increase in minimum wage"

now a guy has come with all three and now ur saying

" em, are u sure he can do it?"

go back and vote for buhari na and suffer like a foolish Nigerian

my guy will just go abroad and enjoy the rest of his life

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Sinach0191(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
pure scam
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by arimahoseloka(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2018
bad belle nigerians, give this young man a chance. chai, we are full of hate in this country just look at comments.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Bossontop(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
marvinsync:

so u will vote for buhari?
do u even have ur pvc?

buhari is 150 years old dont compare that dinosaur with a young man with fresh brains like sowore

even if he is wrong
I will simply vote for him simply because he is young and neither apc nor PDP

Please Sir abeg no carry my name join with buhari again.....i take God beg you

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by egobetatoday: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
bedspread :
WHAT IS CORRUPTION?
Tribute to Barr Halima Buhari - (PRESIDENT BUHARI'S DAUGHTER)- A hard working Nigerian Youth
She was last in her class in UK where she tried so hard to study Law.
Twice She failed to pass The Nigeria Law School exams required to qualify her for Legal practice in Nigeria.
But when her father became president, she was granted a free pass in the Nigerian Law School and was called to bar almost 3yrs ago...
Now she has been given a Board member Position at NNPC earning over N7-million Naira per month amongst other fringe benefits as the President's daughter while ordinary Nigerians who study hard and make good grades in schools at home and abroad go years without job or have lost their jobs and livelihoods under her father's direct supervision, and others who are lucky, receive (#30,000 N-Power) monthly for 24months or less and the same people are the ones shouting "Sai-Baba Buhari' while rewarding him with "Mr. integrity" Title.
Nigeria is a SAD case...
Dauda Hassan

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by akigbemaru: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
chronique:
foolish talk. i've always held the opinion that this sowore of a guy is clueless about governance and isn't different from those currently in power and he just confirmed it. before you start talking about paying a certain amount as minimum wage,common sense should tell you that you'd need to get to the seat of power first,understand the structure of government's current liabilities and debts,and so many other things,before you can start saying this is how you intend to spend the money. talking about minimum wage being 100,000 naira,how do you expect private businesses trying to stay afloat in this ailing economy to be able to pay 100,000 to all theeir staffs as minimum wage? or is the minimum wage basically for government employees? sowore is at best a clueless clown who doesnt even know his left from his right when it comes to governance/politics. he should go and sit down somewhere and focus on his sahara reporters and spare us all these bullshit he is spewing.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by egobetatoday: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
egobetatoday:

bedspread :
WHAT IS CORRUPTION?
Tribute to Barr Halima Buhari - (PRESIDENT BUHARI'S DAUGHTER)- A hard working Nigerian Youth
She was last in her class in UK where she tried so hard to study Law.
Twice She failed to pass The Nigeria Law School exams required to qualify her for Legal practice in Nigeria.
But when her father became president, she was granted a free pass in the Nigerian Law School and was called to bar almost 3yrs ago...
Now she has been given a Board member Position at NNPC earning over N7-million Naira per month amongst other fringe benefits as the President's daughter while ordinary Nigerians who study hard and make good grades in schools at home and abroad go years without job or have lost their jobs and livelihoods under her father's direct supervision, and others who are lucky, receive (#30,000 N-Power) monthly for 24months or less and the same people are the ones shouting "Sai-Baba Buhari' while rewarding him with "Mr. integrity" Title.
Nigeria is a SAD case...
Dauda Hassan

Can someone pls help spread the 'gospel of buhari', the saint cum Mr integrity of our time. Copy and paste on social networking sites pls. Thankiu
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by aimolavictormmm: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
Who is this one?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by ogbonti: 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Sahara reporters boss and one of the presidential hopefuls in the upcoming election in Nigeria, Omoyele Sowore has reiterated his stand in making sure minimum wage becomes N100,000.

Speaking at a conference in Lugbe, Abuja, the federal capital on Wednesday August 15, the presidential hopeful made the remark while answering questions from journalists, explaining the motivation behind his vigorous pursuit of the highest office in the country.
This also came on the occasion of the formal public announcement of the political party he would vie for presidency in the 2019 presidential elections.

Declaring his readiness under the flagship of one of the newly registered 23 political parties by INEC, Sowore made it plain that he is convinced that his ambition would be realized on the platform of the African Action Congress (AAC). According to him, the party has the emblem of two hands and in Sowore’s words “ without the hands, you can neither hold the umbrella nor the broom. The two hands will hold the umbrella and the broom and throw them away.”

Revealing the party name and the reason behind its choice, the presidential aspirant spoke passionately about the various plans the party has in store for Nigerians stressing that launching the party was the day the Nigerian youths had impatiently waited for.
“The very day we have all being waiting for has come. Today is the day the revolution we have been asking for will start in Nigeria. I have been saying for a long time that the day we launch our party will become the expiration day for the APC and PDP.” He began.

“What has happened today is a culmination of serious works and mobilizations. He continued. “Everybody in Nigeria had expected I would join one of the existing political parties but we decided that our kind of agenda; our programs and gigantic plans for Nigeria, cannot be accommodated within the existing political structure and we decided to launch our own political party.

Today, we have the party that is known as the African Action Congress (AAC). The reason for choosing Africa is strategic. We are looking beyond Nigeria immediately because for every ten Africans you see, five to seven of them are Nigerians”.

While reading out the party manifestoes, Sowore avowed clearly that the AAC has an unwavering vision to execute projects that would cover electricity reform, teaching and general overhauling of the health sector, among others, all providing an empowering environment for massive job opportunities totaling five million for Nigerians with a sizeable minimum wage.

“We have for you a fantastic minimum wage” he announced to a large cheering crowd of party faithfuls. “Hundred Thousand Naira is what we plan to provide for Federal Civil Servants in the country and for Youth Corps members (NYSC), we have planned to pay the same amount. Every Youth Corps member would get the same amount as government worker.”

In addition, he stressed that the party agenda targeted at changing Nigeria fundamentally, and by extension change the continent of Africa for good and unite all Africans on the continent so they can live the kind of life that they deserve.

“A life of abundance in security, in power, in infrastructure, a life without corrupt old cargoes who have destroyed our educational system, health system and infrastructure. A life that has economy that works for all that provides jobs for young people, a life of opportunities so that the child of nobody can become somebody in Nigeria,” he concluded.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/minimum-wage-will-be-n100000-if-elected-as-president-says-omoyele-sowore/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwKvzPNRrc

Don't let politicians deceive you about job creation or payment of minimum wage, just watch this clip!
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Shakitibob0: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
Boss13:

Well said. Small business owners cannot pay N100k. Where are they going to get the money from? It’s a campaign promise that depicts the unseriousness from Sowore. Once you pass such bill, anyone paying less than a N100k for labour is committing a crime.

I don’t think he is thinking properly
It applies to only public workers at the federal level Sir
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by storm001(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
Uncle bu bu promised us more than this o
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Shakitibob0: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2018
akayy007:
really a lot of nigerians are sick in the head mere reading comments here alone one can tell that nigerians are born to suffer and smile at their punishers in power.... pls how much is 100k that is impossible as minimum wage? the amount of money budget for election alone can feed the entire nation not to mention the bogus amount of money these politicians are earning for doing nothing other to go on holiday and talk shit...... lot of people here dont know how much money is generated weekly in nigeria not to mention monthly and lot of people here are lazy to see things for them selves but are quick to insult someone who has come to liberate them pls continue wallowing in your poverty striking lives. showore has a legitimate means of lively hood check him out and see how far he has gone with fighting the right of people and he deserve to rule nigeria god help him

some of us out side nigeria who has seen real life and how human beings be treated and live can tell you showore is real and will fulfill his promises soon as he assume that seat......

i make 100k equivalent in 3 days without stress so pls people support who wants to help liberate you.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: 'Minimum Wage Will Be N100,000 If Elected As President' by Ahmeduana(m): 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2018
Una they see say this one don start to mis-yarn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Adopts Card Readers, Rules Out Electronic Results Transmission / Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC / Daniel Bwala: Church Rat, Poisoned Holy Communion Is Comment Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.