Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine (1988 Views)

Vertical City Mall For Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by HigherEd: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine

Ifelola Olaleye

Something huge is happening in Ota and it is winners chapel's mega($1 Billion) housing project silently taking shape. The estate which is being built on 8,000 hectares of land, formerly twenty four villages(acquired by the Church) is nearly thrice the size of Eko Atlantic. It would also be one of the largest housing estate in the world on full completion. If you think Canaanland is dope then wait till you see Canaancity! Winners chapel is currently running on a mandate to build 100,000 housing units and Canaancity is just the first of many to come. This would definitely go a long way in bridging the 17 million housing deficit that has plagued the country. The Canaancity project would also help in creating untold amount of wealth in the Ota axis.

A few weeks ago i went visiting and i had the opportunity of touring the entire phase 1 of the project, i was amazed after being informed that the entire phase had been completely sold off. This was because one of the reactions that greeted the announcement of this project, especially on social media was the skepticism of the church's ability to sell such luxurious homes in Ota at a mega scale. But the skeptics couldn't be more wrong. Infact construction is going at mega speed with hundreds of Nigerian youths working the entire site to ensure speedy completion.

Walking through the construction site i could not escape noticing the superb drainage system and road network being put in place. I immediately commended the foreign contractors in charge of the contract. But to my greatest surprise i alongside my colleagues were informed that not one single non-African works on that site. All of the road construction, drainages etc are being put up by Nigerians! I also discovered that the entire Masterplan of the city was drawn up by a team of Architects led by a graduate of Covenant university who works at the Physical Planning department of the church.

Also it is necessary to note that the entire Canaanland church estate and Covenant university was equally exclusively put up by Nigerians. No American, Isreali, Lebanese Chinese company as is the case of most government awarded projects in Nigeria. I believe the Nigerian government should learn a thing or two from this as the indigenization of projects in Canaancity would have gone a long way in reducing the financial cost of projects there and could definitely do so for Nigeria too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=304876483612801&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by bedspread: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2018
The Church of GOD is Marching on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by HigherEd: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
bedspread:
The Church of GOD is Marching on
Yes it is. I can't even.imagine what the likes of Dunamis, salvation ministeries would be pulling in years to come.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by general111(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
HigherEd:

Yes it is. I can't even.imagine what the likes of Dunamis, salvation ministeries would be pulling in years to come.
I m sure Dr enenche will want to do more..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Alejoc(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2018
This is good news!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by bedspread: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
HigherEd:

GOD IS USING Paul Eneche greatly at Their New Site...
We Return all Glory to GOD

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by HigherEd: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
general111:
I m sure Dr enenche will want to do more..
Enenche would do far greater exploits. And that has been Oyedepo's ernest prayer for him and others he mentors. More than most others Enenche ministry seems well modelled after Oyedepo's ministry. But it is obvious that though Oyedepo ministry moved at the speed of sound, Enenche own would move at the speed of light.
But i'm happy for BDO though, at close to 70 the man is still making new moves.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by CodeTemplar: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
while some are planting themselves into government's pocket to fund their religious beliefs others are assisting this same govt with their religious beliefs. What a huge difference in impact there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by HigherEd: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2018
I really do envy Ota. In the next few years Ota would be an intensive hotspot in real estate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by dollytino4real(f): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
dat is our mind set, if u can think it, u can take it
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
HigherEd:
Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine

Ifelola Olaleye

Something huge is happening in Ota and it is winners chapel's mega($1 Billion) housing project silently taking shape. The estate which is being built on 8,000 hectares of land, formerly twenty four villages(acquired by the Church) is nearly thrice the size of Eko Atlantic. It would also be one of the largest housing estate in the world on full completion. If you think Canaanland is dope then wait till you see Canaancity! Winners chapel is currently running on a mandate to build 100,000 housing units and Canaancity is just the first of many to come. This would definitely go a long way in bridging the 17 million housing deficit that has plagued the country. The Canaancity project would also help in creating untold amount of wealth in the Ota axis.

A few weeks ago i went visiting and i had the opportunity of touring the entire phase 1 of the project, i was amazed after being informed that the entire phase had been completely sold off. This was because one of the reactions that greeted the announcement of this project, especially on social media was the skepticism of the church's ability to sell such luxurious homes in Ota at a mega scale. But the skeptics couldn't be more wrong. Infact construction is going at mega speed with hundreds of Nigerian youths working the entire site to ensure speedy completion.

Walking through the construction site i could not escape noticing the superb drainage system and road network being put in place. I immediately commended the foreign contractors in charge of the contract. But to my greatest surprise i alongside my colleagues were informed that not one single non-African works on that site. All of the road construction, drainages etc are being put up by Nigerians! I also discovered that the entire Masterplan of the city was drawn up by a team of Architects led by a graduate of Covenant university who works at the Physical Planning department of the church.

Also it is necessary to note that the entire Canaanland church estate and Covenant university was equally exclusively put up by Nigerians. No American, Isreali, Lebanese Chinese company as is the case of most government awarded projects in Nigeria. I believe the Nigerian government should learn a thing or two from this as the indigenization of projects in Canaancity would have gone a long way in reducing the financial cost of projects there and could definitely do so for Nigeria too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=304876483612801&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

Yet he plans to fly to heaven very soon with his members, but busy making investment.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by CodeTemplar: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
HigherEd:
I really do envy Ota. In the next few years Ota would be an intensive hotspot in real estate.
I hope the government steps up and provide some basic amenities to support this new cluster of residential buildings. It will be funny to leave this city alone to cater for road linking it with Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Infocitadel: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
JMAN05:

Yet he plans to fly to heaven very soon with his members, but busy making investment.

Are you also interested in going heaven, if yes, then stop working also
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Infocitadel: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I hope the government steps up and provide some basic amenities to support this new cluster of residential buildings. It will be funny to leave this city alone to cater for road linking it with Lagos.
it's obvious you don't know papa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Infocitadel: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
CodeTemplar:
it's obvious you don't know papa. Winners don't depend on government for anything.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by InansBobo(m): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2018
I'm not surprised.

When God told me in 1987 'give me your car' and I told my wife, she said 'Praise the Lord'.
Whether she said so or not, the car was 'already gone' and as I was going home, God told me:
'My son David, even if you don't want to be rich, It's too late'.
David Oyedepo
Credit: Church Gist
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by CodeTemplar: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2018
Infocitadel:
it's obvious you don't know papa. Winners don't depend on government for anything.
Did u see a thread about sokoto state govt buying rams for salah for citizens.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
Infocitadel:

Are you also interested in going heaven, if yes, then stop working also

Well am not among. So let him keep building mansions. He will still charge the occupants high for living in it like his covenant Uni. After there contributing for the house, they will still pay high to live in it. In fact, many won't even live there cos they can't pay. He will carry d house and fly to heaven, end time end time. Yet he is busy building mansions.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by CodeTemplar: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
JMAN05:

Well am not among. So let him keep building mansions. He will still charge the occupants high for living in it like his covenant Uni. After there contributing for the house, they will still pay high to live in it. In fact, many won't even live there cos they can't pay. He will carry d house and fly to heaven, end time end time. Yet he is busy building mansions.
You need to start making informed decisions with your mind. The houses are technically sold out even before completion and so if you want to hate on BDO please learn to do it constructively.

For your information Covenant University charges one of the cheapest fee when compared to the facilities on offer in their campus. Stop the hate son. pray to God for your own time to come and stop the hate.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
CodeTemplar:
You need to start making informed decisions with your mind. The houses are technically sold out even before completion and so if you want to hate on BDO please learn to do it constructively.

For your information Covenant University charges one of the cheapest fee when compared to the facilities on offer in their campus. Stop the hate son. pray to God for your own time to come and stop the hate.

I am not talking about technical selling out as you say, but the cost. The average member can't afford it. Tell us about d covenant university's school fees.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by CodeTemplar: 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
JMAN05:

I am not talking about technical selling out as you say, but the cost. The average member can't afford it. Tell us about d covenant university's school fees.
What covenant university fee? you tell us about the office family.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Hairyrapunzel: 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2018
JMAN05:

Your leaders that said their jehovah will soon come (Armageddon) and destroy the whole earth Nko? Why did they build new headquarters if jehovah is coming soon?
Pot calling kettle black.
Judgemental someborri
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Hairyrapunzel: 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2018
JMAN05:

Just say your church members can't afford the university. Who told you the average member of the church can't afford it? Always coming to a conclusion based on hearsay
Re: Bishop Oyedepo's Canaancity And The "No Foreign Contractor" Doctrine by Digitalwitch: 1:04am On Sep 08, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Just say your church members can't afford the university. Who told you the average member of the church can't afford it? Always coming to a conclusion based on hearsay
CodeTemplar:

Christian fighting themselves on planet earth undecided undecided yet they want to make heaven

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Says Prayer Is A Waste Of Time, No Jesus / Everyone Has A Guardian Angel? / Christianity : Religion Vs Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.