Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN (19692 Views)

Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN / How Do L Get ACCA Certification In Nigeria / What You Should Know Before You Choose Whether To Write ACCA Or CFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Ugosample:

grin grin

Look at this guy cheesy

Meaning ?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:07am On Aug 21, 2018
shogz89:
acca in America,, are you joking.,, do you think USA use IFRS... you better educate yourself it is either u are a CPA holder in US or forget it, they are rule based not principle based like all other accounting bodies you hear grin grin

Scroll and read further I have explained on exam exemptions in some states in the USA for ACCA holders
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Asour: 9:11am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

The comment is self.explanraory I CAN is only accepted in Nigeria , ACCA is acxoeted in Nigeria and everywhere else in the world

You can work in finance anywhere globally with ACCA but not with iCAN

Nuff said

Be wise
Sure it has a wider reach in terms of recognition. But it isn't 'everywhere' yet. The US for instance, would still require a CPA (their equivalent certification) for public practice as they do for quite a number of professions ( Requiring a certification that was developed locally).

N.b. The US hasn't adopted(at least not formally) IFRS yet. which is the foundation of most European Accounting Certifications including ACCA.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:13am On Aug 21, 2018
Asour:

Sure it has a wider reach in terms of recognition. But it isn't 'everywhere' yet. The US for instance, would still require a CPA (their equivalent certification) for public practice as they do for quite a number of professions ( Requiring a certification that was developed locally).

N.b. The US hasn't adopted(at least not formally) IFRS yet. which is the foundation of most European Accounting Certifications including ACCA.

ACCA grants you CPA exams exemptions in some states in USA
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by sylvez(m): 9:16am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:
ACCA professionals are working in over 180 countries so there are quite a lot of options available.

ICAN professionals work.in Nigeria alone once.ypu travel or you want to get a c-level appointment they will request you have ACCA, even here in Nigeria
do the math

So,whats the cost of doing ICAN and ACCA

can you please give the break down of the two
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by shogz89: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

Scrol and read furger I have explained on exam exemptions in some states int he USA for ACCA holders

bro at the end of the day, we all have exemption to get each other's certification either from ACA - ACCA or vice versa, as far as Nigeria is concerned you can't sign a financial statement if you don have your ACA, even though acca has more global appeal. If you no get money no go write acca and there is nothing stopping you from getting all. ACA, acca, cima cpa. All na to get that dream job at the end of the day your experience might be the deciding factor there are many multinational CFO'S in nigeria that don't have acca. Just know what your plans are and choose wisely or in other of priority if you will be writing more than one of those certifications.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:21am On Aug 21, 2018
sylvez:

So,whats the cost of doing ICAN and ACCA

can you please give the break down of the two

For I CAN go to their office at idowu Taylor or I am sure their marketers here on this thread who are attacking me can help you
For ACCA go here https://www.accaglobal.com/hk/en/qualifications/accountancy-career/fees/fees-charges-nigeria.html?countrycode=Nigeria

Select Nigeria and choose the category you will get the info you require

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2018
shogz89:
bro at the end of the day, we all have exemption to get each other's certification either from ACA - ACCA or vice versa, as far as Nigeria is concerned you can't sign a financial statement if you don have your ACA, even though acca has more global appeal. If you no get money no go write acca and there is nothing stopping you from getting all. ACA, acca, cima cpa. All na to get that dream job at the end of the day your experience might be the deciding factor there are many multinational CFO'S in nigeria that don't have acca. Just know what your plans are and choose wisely or in other of priority if you will be writing more than one of those certifications.

Well said bro

Brilliant
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Asour: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

ACCA gramys you CPA exams exemptions in some states in USA

Granted. But your statement implied that with ACcA alone, one is good to go anywhere in the world.

I have observed that even though a concept enjoys almost global acceptance, It may not necessarily translate to acceptance in the US without going through their standards there.
Of Course no Financial concept is truly (technically) global if it still suffers restrictions in a place like the US.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by sylvez(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2018
Thank you very much

Hopebringer:

For I CAN go to their office at idowu Taylor or I am sure their marketers here on this thread who are attacking me can help you
For ACCA go here https://www.accaglobal.com/hk/en/qualifications/accountancy-career/fees/fees-charges-nigeria.html?countrycode=Nigeria

Select Nigeria and choose the category you will get the info you require
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2018
Asour:

Granted. But your statement implied that with ACcA alone, one is good to go anywhere in the world.

I have observed that even though a concept enjoys almost global acceptance, It may not necessarily translate to acceptance in the US without going through their standards there.
Of Course no Financial concept is truly (technically) global if it still suffers restrictions in a place like the US.

Which country does ICAN Grant you exemptions in again I don't think I can recall?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Asour:

Which country does ICAN Grant you exemptions in again I don't think I can recall? Oh I remember now it's in zero counties but it does frant you exemptions for ACCA right ? grin

Or is that zero too

Now this answers the question of one having the audacity to compare ICAN to ACCA . iCAN is just a joke and waste of funds if you ask me
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2018
sylvez:
Thank you very much

You are welcome sir
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DonroxyII: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

I shall ignore all your crude comments and focus on what is relevant

Your opinion of holding I CAN in higher esteem is frankly what you said your opinion which is only relevant to you and your immediate house hold

Secondly your opinion is falwdd untrue and detached from relaity

Thrid you refuste the fact yes note o said fact that ACCA is global and grants you exemptions in international accounting axams in other countries is quite amazing anyways I have come to acxoe trhe fact that alot of Nigerians having experienced shocking human rights abuse and accepting it have become really detached from reality and create their own reality and affirm it as the norm.

Forth you assume I am not ACCA certified, another assumption you seemed to talk without properly thinking

Fifth you actually stated no new facts just a lame attempt at salvaging a battered program that has lost it's relevance (I CAN)

Sixth I hope you learn to read better and comprehend otherwise desist from quoting people and talking for the sake of it
See, I have your time cuz today Na Sallah, and I didn't even go Villa grin .... I full grand for hia ..... u dey craze tongue ..... Now, your post contains a lot of typographical errors thus I couldn't comprehend most of them as they are bereft of sense .... You may consider reviewing most if not all of your post ....

Now, You better start writing ICAN/ACCA .... grin .... You only aspire to write ACCA (like me) , So you need to keep deceiving your ignorant sense to Ignore ICAN so as to validate your ACCA .... I bet you don't even have money to write ACCA .... Your posts indicate Poverty/Joblessness .... You are posting in pains brother .... I pray God will grant you money to improve your wisdom .....

Now, Calm dafvck down when Professionals are doing their things..... !!!

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Asour: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2018
[b][/b]
Hopebringer:

Which country does ICAN Grant you exemptions in again I don't think I can recall? Oh I remember now it's in zero counties but it does frant you exemptions for ACCA right ? grin

Or is that zero too

Now this answers the question of one having the audacity to compare ICAN to ACCA . iCAN is just a joke and waste of funds if you ask me

I never suggested that ICAN is superior to ACcA in anyway.
Given the choice almost everybody would elect for ACCA for its international appeal. I just wanted to correct a statement you made about its RAW 'global' reach.

In fact, I think this comparison is unfair as ACcA was founded in 1904 in what has been one of the most developed countries in the world. I CAN received its charter in 1965 pioneered by individuals who themselves benefitted from a UK education.
I CAN ( like the country it is domiciled ) still struggles in many areas today. And by the way it
Hopebringer:

Or is that zero too

I never suggested that ICAN is superior to ACcA in anyway.
Given the choice almost everybody would elect for ACCA for its international appeal. I just wanted to correct a statement you made about its RAW 'global' reach.

In fact, I think this comparison is unfair as ACcA was founded in 1904 in what has been one of the most developed countries in the world. I CAN received its charter in 1965 pioneered by individuals who themselves benefitted from a UK education.
I CAN ( like the country it is domiciled ) still struggles in many areas today. And by the way it
Hopebringer:

Or is that zero too

I never suggested that ICAN is superior to ACCA in anyway.
Given the opportunity almost everybody would elect for ACCA for its international appeal but not everyone can afford everything they desire.
I just wanted to correct a statement you made about its RAW 'global' reach.

I CAN ( like the country it is domiciled ) still struggles in many areas today.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2018
DonroxyII:
See, I have your time cuz today Na Sallah, and I didn't even go Villa grin .... I full grand for hia ..... u dey craze tongue ..... Now, your post contains a lot of typographical errors thus I couldn't comprehend most of them as they are bereft of sense .... You may consider reviewing most if not all of your post ....

Now, You better start writing ICAN/ACCA .... grin .... You only aspire to write ACCA (like me) , So you need to keep deceiving your ignorant sense to Ignore ICAN so as to validate your ACCA .... I bet you don't even have money to write ACCA .... Your posts indicate Poverty/Joblessness .... You are posting in pains brother .... I pray God will grant you money to improve your wisdom .....

Now, Calm dafvck down when Professionals are doing their things..... !!!

I didn't make head or tail from what you wrote
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by shizzy7(f): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Judging from the debate /conversation of both parties, ACCA is more convincing with facts....

The ICAN people can't even put words together on NL to save the qualification.

In the real world ACCA is better than ICAN...

Start by comparing their website, course content, Acca exams are being conducted In over 50 countries, 4 times a year...

Apparently, ICAN is following ACCA footsteps, 4 times a year exams, modification if syllabus.

I can't even argue..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by tohbank(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

. Your write-ups are filled with typographical errors. And to be honest I have found it difficult to comprehend what you have written. I am in my final stage in ICAN and I hold it in high esteem, I also plan on getting ACCA and CFA certification. It depends on what you want. I stand to be corrected, you need ICAN to sign a published financial statement in Nigeria. That's a plus for ICAN members, to me, I think its better to get both.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DonroxyII: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

That's because you are a troll grin .... Keep doing ya things morafvcker ... grin ... You instigated the argument to promote the thread ... AzzHoooooooleeeee cheesy
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DonroxyII: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2018
tohbank:
. Your write-ups are filled with typographical errors. And to be honest I have found it difficult to comprehend what you have written. I am in my final stage in ICAN and I hold it in high esteem, I also plan on getting ACCA and CFA certification. It depends on what you want. I stand to be corrected, you need ICAN to sign a published financial statement in Nigeria. That's a plus for ICAN members, to me, I think its better to get both.
Don't mind him, That's a bot created by Seun to promote thread on First page grin
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by shogz89: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2018
tohbank:
That's what most if them don't understand, getting both is the best thing, I have my ACA and am currently writing my diploma in ifrs (ACCA), and my plan is to opt for Canadian CPA thereafter now that you only have to write case studies in CIMA after 5 years post ACA qualifications which automatically gives you CPA,.. One just have to be strategic if not you go just waste money duplicating certifications.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by haibe(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2018
shizzy7:
Judging from the debate /conversation of both parties, ACCA is more convincing with facts....

The ICAN people can't even put words together on NL to save the qualification.

In the real world ACCA is better than ICAN...

Start by comparing their website, course content, Acca exams are being conducted In over 50 countries, 4 times a year...

Apparently, ICAN is following ACCA footsteps, 4 times a year exams, modification if syllabus.

I can't even argue..

ICAN recently introduced CBEs too which will commence soon; to be honest ICAN is improving.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by haibe(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Whether Ican or Acca, just ensure you strive to be a competent accountant; in most cases experience gets you the job before qualifications.

Even as an ican candidate, you can get enriching resources in the ACCA website to enhance your study and career.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2018
DonroxyII:
That's because you are a troll grin .... Keep doing ya things morafvcker ... grin ... You instigated the argument to promote the thread ... AzzHoooooooleeeee cheesy

Partaking in an argument doesn't give you the right to insult me.

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
tohbank:

For the typos i don't like using autocorrect. But you should be able to get my meaning it's not quantum physics
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DonroxyII: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2018
Hopebringer:

Partaking in an argument doesn't give you the right to insult me.
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Oya Sorry cheesy
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Hopebringer: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2018
LaExpert:

Please leave that one.
He clearly isn't up-to-date.

ICAN is relevant in all countries reporting using IFRS and is a member of IFAC, infact, a founding member of IFAC.

ACCA is also relevant in those countries reporting using IFRS. It is also a member of IFAC.

The only restrictions these bodies face is that most countries prefer their local professional body. Just like in Nigeria, as it stands, ICAN is preferred simply because ACCA isnt recognized by the FRC and cannot sign financial statements.

Very untrue
ICAN is only recodnised in Nigeria
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Ugosample(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2018
haibe:

ICAN recently introduced CBEs too which will commence soon; to be honest ICAN is improving.

they are improving because of the stiff competition.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by justflow1(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2018
I will strictly advice Op to go for the both if he own the required fund at his disposal, instead of initiating Unneccesary comparison. Even ICAN board knows this, they came to my school(UNN) months back and the way they were talking about ACCA strictly showed that they see them as a threat (intriguingly, its very obtainable to see a professional body in a tech driven and advance country as one) ICAN is not a bad bet tho, its the best Professional body domicile in Nigeria and if not in Africa ( stand to be corrected tho) so owning a proffesional certificate with ICAN its a paste on the cheese likewise with ACCA. Its obvious you cannot compare warri wolves with Barcelona (no way!).

The amazing thing is that after 5years cognate practise you will be awarded ICEAW automatically, and not only that, you will be able to opt for CIMA and start from case study, and note, signing a published fin statement requires a professional accountant who own its certification with the body in that country(that is the rule here) ICAN has come with lotta incentives.

Again i advice you go for both, cos u may not flourish well in Nigeria with ACCA only. because it has its equivalent around.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by femlex(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2018
Okay, this is great, the main usefulness of Nairaland is to share information, which this tread has done to those interested in choosing Accounting as a profession. I am a member of ICAN by choice. My intention (career path) is to grow and be successful in Nigeria, which I believe ICAN can make me achieve.
I have learnt a lot about ACCA on this tread, but based on my career objective, I still prefer ICAN, It is Nigerian, I am in Nigeria doing considerable well with no intention of travelling out. Ordinarily, with the adoption of IFRS by majority of the nations in the world, A good accountant with any professional body recognized under IFA, should be able hold his/her ground in any IFRS adopted country.
For me, other benefits I see with ICAN, include, association and mingling with a lot of professional accountant in Nigeria through Conferences and Seminars, being able to practice as professional accountant or Auditor sign sign financial report, and beside with ICAN, you can be a member of CIPFA, and just learnt, ICAEW without an exam. For me for now, this is enough for me to realize my career goal.
The summary of my post, is that, think of what you want to achieve as a person or as an accountant, then think of which path will give you satisfaction. Please pardon grammatical or typo errors. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by Charlesberry(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
So what about Economics students?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / “one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.