Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,974 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN (19691 Views)

Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN / How Do L Get ACCA Certification In Nigeria / What You Should Know Before You Choose Whether To Write ACCA Or CFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
ikenna44:
Shut up your dirty mouth there! Any ICAN student that passes an ACCA exam in one try is a genius. But I assure you writing Ican for any acca student is a stroll in the park! Don't talk from your ass!

You must be joking

This is more of a function of the person
Than the exams

One who is good, is good
Leave story
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Standardcosting:

Cost of ACCA though shocked
Now that ICAN= ICAEW automatically!
And ICAEW will give you direct access to ACCA
It is needless to say that ICAN is now superior to ACCA! wink

No it's not

ICAN superior to ACCA

How??

They are independent bodies serving their purposes
Dasall

ACCA has the global reach

Thats just about it

You can say for sure that one is "superior" to the other
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hopebringer:
Alot of ICAN staff and marketers are on this thread to deceive my fellow nairalanders

Please do not be conned

ICAN is far inferior to ACCA

ACCA gives you global relevance ICAN gives you relevance only in Nigeria and just in government owned ministeries , parastatals and agencies not multinationals in Nigeria

Do you research and see

The bolded is wrong

It's ANAN that rules in the public sector

Next time get your info correctly

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2019

Saying companies in NG prefer ACCA to ACA is untrue. I strongly doubt you knowing anything about multinationals in NG. Keep yourself updated.

I was wondering same

Is the guy even in the industry?

Same industry that I know?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
DonroxyII:
Right now I am writing ICAN and I hold it in higher esteem immediately after My ACA , I start writing ACCA (Using ICAN to claim exemptions of course ) after which you keep on and on like that .....
It would be very silly of you not to have written any of the exams and lamenting here .....

ACCA is not Global, it has her jurisdiction too which to me is Europe and Middle east as well as Second world/Third world countries whose Accounting Board has not developed in an international/local sense .....

ACCA doesn't rule North America (USA/Canada) that is CPA, Australia has her own too while India too ......

Accounting Bodies is not about superiority complex nor inferiority complex , Most of them are all members of IFAC and there is minimum standard IFAC expected from them all .....

Nonetheless, your career focus will determine want you want to do ....

ACCA for Europe and Middle east not even all oooo !!
CPA for US or Canada respectively
ICAN for Nigeria and some (west) Africa countries
India has her own and only respect hers alone

Nonetheless, ACCA as a professional accountancy body has wider appeal/acceptability than others no doubt .....

Your career focus should determine what you opt for or you can have them all .... Nothing Mega grin

Exactly!

It's good to try your hands on both..

I have my ACA
I have a CIMA certification
Now I'm gonna try my hands on ACCA

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
shogz89:
bro at the end of the day, we all have exemption to get each other's certification either from ACA - ACCA or vice versa, as far as Nigeria is concerned you can't sign a financial statement if you don have your ACA, even though acca has more global appeal. If you no get money no go write acca and there is nothing stopping you from getting all. ACA, acca, cima cpa. All na to get that dream job at the end of the day your experience might be the deciding factor there are many multinational CFO'S in nigeria that don't have acca. Just know what your plans are and choose wisely or in other of priority if you will be writing more than one of those certifications.

Yes

ACA × ACCA is the way to go
If you have the stamina
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
adubam:
And where are the jobs. ICAN/ACCA members are even offered 70k jobs. The demand far exceeds the supply. Rather than gathering certificates with the beggerly mentality of seeking someone to create the jobs and employ you; create the job.

The relevance of accounting is fast fading away. Any sound person who is not Chartered can perform what an average Chartered Accountant can perform. Look beyond certification. Create that job, I.T rules the world.

Supply exceeds demand

Not the other way round
It's the same for all sectors in Nigeria
Even the prestigious ones

When I found out how much they pay some IT guys in Nigeria
I was pissed

The Nigerian factor is to blame for all these

If the economy was better
Things would be better
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
mykelly:
Am not disputing....over and over we need more ACA it doesn't stop anything,we need a robust economy bruv

Exactly
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:
Nobody here answered my question. If I have ACCA, which exams will I top up with before I become ICAN certified? How much will I pay?

Three papers is all you will have left

Business Law
PSAF
Advanced Taxation

Then if you took the ICAN route first
You take four papers

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
adubam:

My background is accounting from secondary to uni to ACA. I'm not saying don't go for ICAN or ACCA; go if you can but note that ICAN, ACCA and auditing firms are destroying the accounting profession. Every Dick and Harry is now a Chartered Accountant. Firms are looking for value you add to their organisation not just your title. I gain jobs with my knowledge of my CCNA skills together with my accounting certs before other candidates with only accounting skills.

That is an outrageous statement to make
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Business Law
PSAF
Advanced Taxation

You take four papers

Ah. Thanks. What is PSAF please?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

Ah. Thanks. What is PSAF please?

Public Sector Accounting and Finance

1 Like

Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Business Law
PSAF
Advanced Taxation

You take four papers

Got it. Public Sector Accounting and Finance.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Public Sector Accounting and Finance

Are you writing any ACCA papers soon?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

I intend registering for it
And writing asap
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

You have any tips?

I'll be getting all exemptions

And writing 4 papers only.

Are you are at the professional stage?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

I intend registering for it
And writing asap

Okay. That would probably be the March exam session.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

You have any tips 4 me
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

You have any tips?

I'll mail you.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 4:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

I'll mail you.

I have no access to the mail linking to this account....

Unfortunately
So DM won't work
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

I have no access to the mail linking to this account....

Unfortunately
So DM won't work

Okay. Which papers do you want to write and will you self study or use a learning provider?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

You have any tips?

I just started the professional stage.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by ghost3040: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

What does the total exemption cost look like??
I intend claiming all exemptions with my ICAN qualification.

I want to pay for the exemptions by weekend.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
ghost3040:

What does the total exemption cost look like??
I intend claiming all exemptions with my ICAN qualification.

I want to pay for the exemptions by weekend.

Initial registration: £32
Subscription: £55

Exemptions (reduced rates)
3 applied knowledge papers £37 × 3
6 skills papers £54 x 6

Current exchange rate of 480 and everything will be around 250k naira.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

Okay. Which papers do you want to write and will you self study or use a learning provider?

I'll like to try the electives first

I'm thinking APM × ATX

Or ATX × Audit

Which electives do you think are soft targets?
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

6 skills papers £54 x 6

Did you say 480?

Huh?

Thought it was 450
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by ghost3040: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

6 skills papers £54 x 6

shocked shocked shocked..This analysis seems kinda cheap..
I mean I am claiming all exemptions available till professional stage..

Cos I went to synergy consults in surulere and the analysis they did was running into 400k.

Pls I'd appreciate ur input on this..
Thanks for ur response..
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
ghost3040:

Cos I went to synergy consults in surulere and the analysis they did was running into 400k.

Thanks for ur response..

https://www.accaglobal.com/hk/en/qualifications/accountancy-career/fees/fees-charges-nigeria.html?countrycode=Nigeria

Show them this page and ask them to calculate again in front of you. Or go to the ACCA office itself in Lagos and ask your questions.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

Did you say 480?

Huh?

Thought it was 450

If you're paying with the prevailing market rate it should be around 477. Seacron uses 475 at the moment. Some local learning providers use 500. 480 is more of a pessimistic average.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
DexterousOne:

I'll like to try the electives first

I'm thinking APM × ATX

Or ATX × Audit

Which electives do you think are soft targets?

When I am studying, picking combinations or electives, I look at the pass rates.

https://www.accaglobal.com/in/en/student/exam-support-resources/pass-rates-for-acca-qualifications.html

From my experience, those pass rates don't lie. AAA and APM are the most difficult but I think that at this level you're sure of your strengths.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by OvaSabi1(f): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
ghost3040:

Thanks for ur response..

If you have the time, walk into their office at Techno Oil building VI. You can complete your transaction within 10 minutes. Let them guide you.
Perhaps the guys at Surulere added tutorial fees or something.
Re: What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN by DexterousOne(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
OvaSabi1:

If you're paying with the prevailing market rate it should be around 477. Seacron uses 475 at the moment. Some local learning providers use 500. 480 is more of a pessimistic average.

But when I receive

It's less than 440/£

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / “one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.