Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,720 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo (20165 Views)

Association Of Unemployed Nigerians & Distressed Businesses Celebrates Atiku / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Unemployed Nigerians / Alfa Belgore & P&ID: Who Is Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Lekzyloaded: 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2018

Nigeria’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Muhammadu Modibbo has urged the federal government to ban unemployed Nigerians from traveling to the country in search of jobs, to save Nigeria’s image.

Modibbo made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Makkah, Saudi Arabia saying ”I have sent a letter through the Foreign Affairs Ministry for government to ban such people from coming here (Saudi) because they are suffering. I am also appealing to Nigerians to try as much as possible to get something doing in Nigeria instead of coming here because it is not easy. Thousands of people from various countries have left here”.

He said that the embassy was also concerned about the increasing cases of women working as maids that are being abused, and some unscrupulous Nigerians involved in drug trafficking.

According to him, the embassy has been intervening in cases of drug pushing by some Nigerians, adding “there are many Nigerians on death row for the offence. There are many cases before I assumed office eight months ago; I always intervene but there is not much I can do even though we have some little successes. Many of them have been here for many years working and will not return home but if they are arrested, they are deported instantly.”

He blamed some agents for the woes of many Nigerians working in Saudi companies and other organisations. “The agents manage to get passports and Visa for their clients and when they have problems, they come to the embassy daily. Some countries have banned their citizens from coming to work here because of problems being faced in Saudi Arabia. So why are Nigerians coming to face these hardships.”

Source: https://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/ban-unemployed-nigerians-travelling-saudi-arabia-ambassador-muhammad-modibbo-tells-fg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by abokibuhari: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
The idiot for aso rock create anyone way make people they run ...

36 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by orisa37: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
Instead of designing Employment Blue Print to share the $360million Abacha Loot @$10million per state to create jobs, our Man is dashing the money out to his envisaged Poors.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Ever8054: 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
abi they should provide job for them as a solution.... when I say all Nigerian leaders are mad people argue with me....this guys I just useless I swear....

33 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by HigherEd: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by CodeTemplar: 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
Who is a jobless fellow? This is an ambiguous call.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Emmafe(m): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
Useless leaders making stupid decisions. What’s wrong with creating jobs

Check my signature for phone deals

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by BruncleZuma: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin

For Hajj or for pleasure?

1 Like

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by kushercain: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
First born like us naresponsibilitydeyrushus

22 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by ijemishkisic(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2018
Instead of providing jobs at home!

3 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by sotall(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ok
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by MrAnele(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
Drugs talking
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Sirpaul(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2018
Shartap...

1 Like

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by nijabazaar: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Pathetic government
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by JacksonOyibo: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
smiley
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by WhoRUDeceiving: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Look at the very stupid ambassador. Nigger Area people like I said, love to sweep things under the rug and pretend that all is well. He is in Saudi Arabia where there are jobs and good roads and he is enjoying.

Nonsense
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Nukilia: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Bastardized nation!

4 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Bawizzo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by iamnavy1: 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
grin
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Olukat(m): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nobody deserves to leave this country to go and stone the devi!
It's just pure evil for any government of the people to sponsor individuals to worship their "god"
The contradictions in Nigeria is too much sad angry cry

6 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by futureenergy: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2018
Nonsense talk! When FG bans them now, the same people would come back here and cry how the country is sliding into anarchy. They would remember all the human rights and freedoms enshrined in the constitution.

Confused people always blaming government.
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Munzy14(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
abokibuhari:
The idiot for aso rock create anyone way make people they run ...
lol
This northerners no get joy at all. They want to takeaway even last hope of hustling guys, which is greener pastures before they leave by 2019.
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
GOD PUNISH your Loins with eeebi
Because you have a Job abiiiii

2 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by BafanaBafana: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
Can a Christian guy be the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi?
Just curious

2 Likes

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
WhoRUDeceiving:
Look at the very stupid ambassador. Nigger Area people like I said, love to sweep things under the rug and pretend that all is well. He is in Saudi Arabia where there are jobs and good roads and he is enjoying.

Nonsense
Don’t mind the eediot
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Emvicprints1: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ever8054:
abi they should provide job for them as a solution.... when I say all Nigerian leaders are mad people argue with me....this guys I just useless I swear....
bros no arguments o. just the likes of saraki or what ever the bleep the call him and that useless bbqqeen that come to nairaland and talk rubbish all day.
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Nightmareo07: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
undecided
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by Zenithpeak(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2018
WhoRUDeceiving:

Nonsense

You must be living far away from civilisation because you obviously don't know what you saying.

If you need to read the post please do and stop being....... like Ajimobi cool

1 Like

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by snadguy007(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
OK
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by meforyou1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2018
Which kind advice be that? D ambassador is risking his job big time.
Do northerners pay to go for hajj? No. The simple thing, state governor will say the state govt will sponsor 500 persons to the pilgrimage. He will reserve 300 slots, and divide the rest for the 27 or so local govts. And the politicking will begin until they gather the whole 500. No single vetting. Pay them BTA and return ticket. And go there and dump them. And later bring back those that survived and remained in camp.

1 Like

Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by ChrisIntegral(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
8ut God why have you decided to purnish us like this? Pls have mercy Nigerians are suffering,
Re: ‘Ban Unemployed Nigerians From Travelling To Saudi Arabia’ – Muhammad Modibbo by dreamwords: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
Thunder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP NWC Visits Tambuwal Ahead Of Supplementary Election In Sokoto - Photos / Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs / Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.