Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. (4557 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / Tinubu Speaks About APC Lagos Governorship Primaries. / FFK Mocks Mama Taraba: 'Dumb Aisha Alhassan, I Warned You About APC But..' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Geniro:

Presidential and house assembly elections are different.
You know this.
Yes but there have similarities.both are elections,they show the strength of each party and give us an idea of how the presidential will be

1 Like

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by budaatum: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
seanfer:

Those over 3,000 people that voted for APC last week during the Obudu bye election were imported from Daura I guess?
Lol!
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 11:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
docadams:

You don't have a full grasp of the civil service and the executive function of the President. Whether in acting or full capacity, it is the President that appoints

Stop speaking English and say the truth. The president has done nothing good by having those people occupy those positions. It is pure coincidence that they are from Niger delta region and not North.

The president can not appoint a junior staff over the senior that is why those people are there. Do you think the president is not a man that is not a bigot that he will order around?

lock up.

1 Like

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2018
senatordave1:

They were 3 permanent secretaries that were higher in seniority to oyo ita.the chief of naval staff is not necessarily the most senior.its just like the police ig who was a commissioner before his appointment.the auditor general was the most junior among those shortlisted for the interview.only the cjn appointmen was based on seniority

Stop saying what you can't defend. The inspector general of police was a commissioner before he was appointed? You obviously don't know what you are saying.

what a shame.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
In 2015, Buhari got 28, 368votes in crossRiver.
In 2019, Buhari won't get up to 1,000votes in crossRiver.

Go and Mark it somewhere..

Never Again!!
grin
My guy I feel you.

Don't mind that clown creating senseless threads with twisted propaganda and falsehood.

I have been in Cross River for almost a year now.

The only votes Buhari will here will probably come a handful of Hausa-Fulani people residing in this state.

I pity APC..
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by docadams: 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2018
butamz:

Stop speaking English and say the truth. The president has done nothing good by having those people occupy those positions. It is pure coincidence that they are from Niger delta region and not North.

The president can not appoint a junior staff over the senior that is why those people are there. Do you think the president is not a man that is not a bigot that he will order around?

lock up.

This is the reason it is stressful engaging a myope. Your initial wrong opinion is what I've been trying to correct but your arrogance won't make you see otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2018
senatordave1:
Many cross riverians like buhari oh
You are lying shamelessly oga.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by deltaisgreat: 11:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
You are not from cross river this liar. You are one of the afonja Muslim liars working for BMC who uses lies (taqiya) to deceive the gullible. What of the middle beltans and the people of zamfara who voted massively for buhari? why didn't buhari stop his kinsmen (fulani herdsmen ) from killing them and taking over their lands. APC tricks are well known to everyone already so stop deceiving yourself. Never again will APC deceive us like they did in 2015
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 12:04am On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

Problem with people like you is that you argue about things you know nothing about.

"The Chief of Naval Staff is the highest ranking
military officer of the Nigerian Navy . [1] The position is often occupied by the most senior
commissioned officer appointed by the
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria .The Chief of Naval Staff reports to the
Chief of Defence Staff , who also reports to the
Defence Minister ." This is from Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_of_Naval_Staff_(Nigeria)
I think you are mixing it up.

The President has the prerogative to retire senior officers if he does not want to appoint supposed officers to take up a position.

We have seen it play out. Lt Gen Kenneth Minimah was appointed Chief of Army Staff even when he was not the highest ranking army officer. He was promoted to get ahead of his peers by virtue of his new office. Some of his equals were retired to avoid procedural clashes.

So the president can influence the choice of the service chiefs. He might be able to do that elsewhere like we saw in the saga concerning Walter Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of the Federation.

Buhari tried in vain to sideline Onnoghen's choice in favour of a northerner but the laws prescribing the appointment of the CJN brought his effort to futility so that at the end he had to eat the humble pie by ratifying the emergence.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 12:25am On Aug 20, 2018
maestroferddi:
I think you are mixing it up.

The President has the prerogative to retire senior officers if he does not want to appoint supposed officers to take up a position.

We have seen it play out. Lt Gen Kenneth Minimah was appointed Chief of Army Staff even when he was not the highest ranking army officer. He was promoted to get ahead of his peers by virtue of his new office. Some of his equals were retired to avoid procedural clashes.

So the president can influence the choice of the service chiefs. He might be able to do that elsewhere like we saw in the saga concerning Walter Onnoghen as the Chief Justice of the Federation.

Buhari tried in vain to sideline Onnoghen's choice in favour of a northerner but the laws prescribing the appointment of the CJN brought his effort to futility so that at the end he had to eat the humble pie by ratifying the emergence.

At least you are different from the rest, who are trying to make the whole thing looks like Buhari did something great.

Yes the President can retire some civil servants and some public servants at will without 2/3 majority of Senate approval. Which he did for most of the permanent sec when he came on board.

Am just trying to say the President ran out of options here or maybe scared of the reactions that would have followed.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 12:42am On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

At least you are different from the rest, who are trying to make the whole thing looks like Buhari did something great.

Yes the President can retire some civil servants and some public servants at will without 2/3 majority of Senate approval. Which he did for most of the permanent sec when he came on board.

Am just trying to say the President ran out of options here or maybe scared of the reactions that would have followed.
Buhari is an unrepentant divisive leader.

He has been trying to make inroads into the South South as a kind of counterweight against the South East whom he sees as his arch enemies.

The Onnoghen saga really exposed him. He was willing to trade off token positions to people from Cross River. But when it came to all-important and very sensitive position of CJN, his nepotistic nature came to the fore.

He fought the ratification heatedly and only backed down when bodies the NBA stood their grounds.

Buhari has tried his best. He should leave the stage for a more capable hand.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 1:01am On Aug 20, 2018
maestroferddi:

He has been trying to make inroads into the South South as a kind of counterweight against the South East whom he sees as his arch enemies.

The Onnoghen saga really exposed him. He was willing to trade off token positions to people from Cross River. But when it came to all-important and very sensitive position of CJN, his nepotistic nature came to the fore.

He fought the ratification heatedly and only backed down when bodies the NBA stood their grounds.

That's it. I know the South south and east won't fall for him. Am just waiting for the time when Tinubu will cry to us after the northern elements that sidelined him for the past three years rise against his presidential ambition come 2023, especially El Rufai.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by Almaiga: 2:31am On Aug 20, 2018
Op, may God bless you for your thoughts. Buhari will never fail you.

2 Likes

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by Yorubaskullmine: 6:06am On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

My dear, you lack exposure with the way things are done in Nigeria. These positions you made mention of are based on seniority and not chosen by the president.

Head of service to the federation.
Chief Justice of the federation
Auditor general of Nigeria.
Chief of Naval Staff

These people climbed through the rank up to where they are today. If it were to be Jonathan or Atiku, these people would have still occupy these positions.

For minister of Niger delta, it is required that a state must have a federal minister even if the president got no vote from that state. Buhari did no good nor anything special.
The man is a zombie like his buhari
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by TheKabal: 6:10am On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

That's it. I know the South south and east won't fall for him.

APC - Rivers State, 2 senators and house of reps
Edo State, 1 Gov, senators and house of reps, Chairman APC
Delta State, 1 Senator
Akwa Ibom, 1 Senator

South South states include , Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom, CrossRivers, Delta and Bayelsa only.

2 Likes

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by seanfer(m): 6:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Geniro:

Zombie that was a local election.

Dullard if a party can get that much in a local election can’t your sense tell you that it will get more in the general election?

3 Likes

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by adem30: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

Problem with people like you is that you argue about things you know nothing about.

"The Chief of Naval Staff is the highest ranking
military officer of the Nigerian Navy . [1] The position is often occupied by the most senior
commissioned officer appointed by the
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria .The Chief of Naval Staff reports to the
Chief of Defence Staff , who also reports to the
Defence Minister ." This is from Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_of_Naval_Staff_(Nigeria)

I said keep quite and stop embarasing your family publicly

1 Like

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by Geniro: 6:55am On Aug 20, 2018
seanfer:

Dullard if a party can get that much in a local election can’t your sense tell you that it will get more in the general election?

Zombie all politics is local. The populace votes individuals than party. If a strong candidate contests, he is likely to pull a lot of votes irrespective of party.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by Geniro: 7:02am On Aug 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Yes but there have similarities.both are elections,they show the strength of each party and give us an idea of how the presidential will be

Using Senator Kashamu and Gov. Dankwanbo for example. While the APC won the presidential elections comfortably, these guyz were able to win their seats effortlessly as well despite the anti PDP campaign cos they were very good local candidates.

1 Like

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 8:52am On Aug 20, 2018
TheKabal:

APC - Rivers State, 2 senators and house of reps
Edo State, 1 Gov, senators and house of reps, Chairman APC
Delta State, 1 Senator
Akwa Ibom, 1 Senator

South South states include , Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom, CrossRivers, Delta and Bayelsa only.

Why argue when you can't comprehend? Am not talking about voting for other Apc aspirants from this region but Buhari in Particular. Apc will win other elective posts but certainly not Buhari.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by butamz: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2018
adem30:

I said keep quite and stop embarasing your family publicly

You obviously talk like a zombie. I doubt if you even know what embarrassment is.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
butamz:

Why argue when you can't comprehend? Am not talking about voting for other Apc aspirants from this region but Buhari in Particular. Apc will win other elective posts but certainly not Buhari.
Buhari will get at least 25% in all ss/se states except enugu and bayelsa.i believe you saw some of the results of the rivers bye poll before inec suspended it
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Geniro:

Using Senator Kashamu and Gov. Dankwanbo for example. While the APC won the presidential elections comfortably, these guyz were able to win their seats effortlessly as well despite the anti PDP campaign cos they were very good local candidates.
Tell me how rivers poll of saturday wil be different from next year
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
maestroferddi:

Judging by the various rerun polls in ss/se,apc hasade serious inroads.tell me how pdp will get 95% of the votes in rivers next year.
In onnoghen's case,i dont know what caused the delay but buhari while vengeaful and unforgiving is very grateful and rewarding to those who do him favours.in 2007 and 2015 supreme court rulings on election petition,onnoghen was one of the judges that ruled in buhari's favor and he severally acknowledged that.in 2003,justice silvester obinna was one of the judges who ruled in favour of buhari at the tribunal.hes now an ambassador and his kids employed in fg parastatals.so why should that of onnoghen be different?
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Judging by the various rerun polls in ss/se,apc hasade serious inroads.tell me how pdp will get 95% of the votes in rivers next year.
In onnoghen's case,i dont know what caused the delay but buhari while vengeaful and unforgiving is very grateful and rewarding to those who do him favours.in 2007 and 2015 supreme court rulings on election petition,onnoghen was one of the judges that ruled in buhari's favor and he severally acknowledged that.in 2003,justice silvester obinna was one of the judges who ruled in favour of buhari at the tribunal.hes now an ambassador and his kids employed in fg parastatals.so why should that of onnoghen be different?

Who has time for you palm wine joint hearsay and hallucinations?

Ogbeni na only you waka come...
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
maestroferddi:
Who has time for you palm wine joint hearsay and hallucinations?

Ogbeni na only you waka come...
So silvester obinna is not an ambassador abi? Seems you spend all your worthless times in palmwine joints since you have nothing useful doing.your now afraid when you see superior facts after uttering palmy induced gibberish.ill keep taming you till you learn how to relate well.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
senatordave1:

So silvester obinna is not an ambassador abi? Seems you spend all your worthless times in palmwine joints since you have nothing useful doing.your now afraid when you see superior facts after uttering palmy induced gibberish.ill keep taming you till you learn how to relate well.
With your low IQ level abi?

Quit being a clown...
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by senatordave1(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
maestroferddi:
With your low IQ level abi?

Quit being a clown...
Yours is the lowest in this forum.i have always outclassed your pitiful brain in intelligence.your brain is incapable of reasoning anything bereft of frustration and bitterness.being clownish shows my versatility and dynamisy unlike your limited aptitude

1 Like

Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by maestroferddi: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
senatordave1:

Yours is the lowest in this forum.i have always outclassed your pitiful brain in intelligence.your brain is incapable of reasoning anything bereft of frustration and bitterness.being clownish shows my versatility and dynamisy unlike your limited aptitude
Look at this court jester o...

Just because I chose to condescend so low to accord a minutiae of attention to your poorly constructed sentences, you are now feeling fly abi?

You crack my ribs... This is how Shakespeare put it:

"tales told by an idiot while full of sounds and fury, ultimately signify nothing"...(paraphrase mine).
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Butterflyle0:
Forgive me, I am madly in support of President Muhammedu Buhari second term bid because am a Cross Riverian.

In 1999 we gave PDP 100 percent votes and lost Bakassi to Cameroon.

In 2007, We gave PDP 100 percent votes and lost 76 oil wells to our neighbouring state, Akwa Ibom.

In 2011 we gave PDP 100 percent votes and lost the bid to reclaim Bakassi.

That's in 16 years, we benefit the minister of environment( less than three years) Justice (less than a year, I stand to be corrected) power( less than a year) Culture(less than a year).

But in 2014, we denied APC, stadium, Cultural center for campaign, and a head teacher of primary school gave them their small open, watering field, In 2015 we gave APC 0.55 percent votes and benefited this much:

1. A Minister of Niger Delta.
2. Chairman of NDDC.
3.Special Adviser on Prosecution
4. Head of service to the federation.
5. Chief Justice of the federation
6. Auditor general of Nigeria.
7. Chief of Naval Staff
8. Chairman Lottery Commission
9. Over 20 chairmen and members of federal Universities and polytechnics and colleges of education in Nigeria.
10. Our only federal road that was a Death trap rehabilitated.
11. Our state headquarters linked in the recent map of rail way.
12. Thousands of our unemployed sons daughters benefiting from Npower program and our primary school pupils who can't afford Snacks to school are now been fed daily etc.

The God that I worship and posterity won't forgive me if I don't reciprocate this kind gesture.
Thanks so much.

- Fred Asuquo

Mynd44 these are facts

Brother, I don't think this write-up is real,but let me pretend it's real but come 2019 Cross River State will give 0 percent vote. Trust me..all the yeye post won't work, they did it for oil nothing more.
Re: Someone In Cross River Shares His Thoughts About APC. by Butterflyle0: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
IkwereBuIgbo:

Brother, I don't think this write-up is real,but let me pretend it's real but come 2019 Cross River State will give 0 percent vote. Trust me..all the yeye post won't work, they did it for oil nother more.

Make sure you have your high blood pressure drugs available as well as an air ambulance because you will be needing it when votes from cross river come in by 2019.

I have marked your moniker. Make sure you do not change it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Two Sai Baba Supporters To Make You Laugh / Food Security: President Buhari Lauds AfDB For Being Proactive / Smoking Inside Aircraft Is Highly Prohibited But Not For This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.