Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

My Heart Bleeds - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Heart Bleeds (1097 Views)

My Heart Bleeds At This photo video. TEN GIRLS MISSING IN CALABAR / UPDATE On 10 Year-old Chrisland 'cowgirl' Scandal, My Heart Bleeds - Adaure / How My Heartthrob Just Melted My Heart This New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
Mehn, life can be so frustrating.
As a young man in my early twenties, I'm not really at peace with myself. I know how to light people's hearts and I give my all just to make sure people are not really sad.
I end up wounded in most cases. There are several things I wish I could type but emotions won't let me compose myself.
But this very one got me really tensed and I just started wailing like a baby for a man of my age.
For more than 8 years, Dad and mum have this habit of fighting every single year and it has brought division to an extent among family members. My heart is too light to witness such scenes. Lemme break it down.
Whenever they start, my heart starts racing like I'm being chased by a lion, I know how to hold things but this one tears me apart. I type this in tears.
I just wish I can get really far from them or get enough cash and buy seperate houses for them.
Not even church elders have been able to settle this fight.
I'm not feeling too well and I'm having headaches.
No b say these guys young fa. Grandparents for fu ck's sake!
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
I know what this stuff has done to me and it hurts to a great degree.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by victorian(f): 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2018
Sighs.... Try and ignore them for your sanity sake.

Create a deaf ear and blind eyes to them. And work and plan harder to make it.. So u can leave the house for them.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Bleeds by virud: 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2018
Are you their eldest child?
Do you have other sibling(s)?
(All of) you should find some convenient time and have some meaningful discussion.
In the most polite manner, explain to your parents how frustrating it has become over the years. How their quarrels hurt you severely. Sometimes, they don't really have enough empathy to see / feel how emotionally draining that frequent quarrelsome attitude affect their children.

Sorry for your pains. It shall be well.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Bleeds by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
You can't make things better for them unless they are ready to behave. Instead of trying to lighten the mood al the time, have you told them quite bluntly how you feel about their immature acts? Nothing gives an adult a good wake up call more than when they are scolded by their juniors
Please, stop giving a listening ear to their arguments and defend none of them. When next they fight ask your dad and mom if they have prepared their will because their fight can go south and one or two of them can get injured...tell them you really don't want to be left hanging with nothing...biko, no time for all the nonsense at their age
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2018
virud:
Are you their eldest child?
Do you have other sibling(s)?
(All of) you should find some convenient time and have some meaningful discussion.
In the most polite manner, explain to your parents how frustrating it has become over the years. How their quarrels hurt you severely. Sometimes, they don't really have enough empathy to see / feel how emotionally draining that frequent quarrelsome attitude affect their children.

Sorry for your pains. It shall be well.
Nope, I'm not the eldest, maybe the weakest cos I get emotional in such circumstances easily compared to them.
No matter the explanation, they don't just want to hear. Maybe it's because they're seeing us around that's why they always trigger a fight.
It has become a hobby for someone in his sixties and someone in her fifties.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2018
Treasuredlove:
You can't make things better for them unless they are ready to behave. Instead of trying to lighten the mood al the time, have you told them quite bluntly how you feel about their immature acts? Nothing gives an adult a good wake up call more than when they are scolded by their juniors
Please, stop giving a listening ear to their arguments and defend none of them. When next they fight ask your dad and mom if they have prepared their will because their fight can go south and one or two of them can get injured...tell them you really don't want to be left hanging with nothing...biko, no time for all the nonsense at their age
These two kidults have developed a hobby which is this quarrels and fights. After they settle, it leaves some of us bruised.
Nobody sends about any will. I just want to finish school and go really far away.
You can't have it all in this life. You know I even loathe the thought of marriage?
I'm a really quiet person and in the midst of chaos, it's like I become asthmatic and start gasping for Air. My heart is racing aimlessly and I'm frustrated. I wish I had a tougher heart.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2018
victorian:
Sighs.... Try and ignore them for your sanity sake.

Create a deaf ear and blind eyes to them. And work and plan harder to make it.. So u can leave the house for them.
I hope this helps.
I guess so, I spend my breaks here just to assist them as much as I can but I end up returning to school gloomy. If you have books that shields the mind against such torture, just recommend. Thanks.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by eyinjuege: 8:01am On Aug 20, 2018
Tranquilsoul:

I guess so, I spend my breaks here just to assist them as much as I can but I end up returning to school gloomy. If you have books that shields the mind against such torture, just recommend. Thanks.

Stop spending your breaks with them. Look for one aunt or uncle you can spend time with when you're on holiday. If they ask you why you dont want to come home, tell them their wahala is too much, and you dont want to die young. Remind them that if they kill themselves, you will bury them, afterall its natural for a child to bury his parents and not the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2018
eyinjuege:

Stop spending your breaks with them. Look for one aunt or uncle you can spend time with when you're on holiday. If they ask you why you dont want to come home, tell them their wahala is too much, and you dont want to die young. Remind them that if they kill themselves, you will bury them, afterall its natural for a child to bury his parents and not the other way round.
If I told you I knew a good uncle from my dad's side, I'd be lying. They don't even like my mum, that's another story. For my mum's side, my beloved uncle has passed on.
I don't really know them cos we that were referred to kids were hardly allowed to travel.
They said I went to the village when I was 1/2 years, so it's bad as that and so I'm always glued to home.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Orchid45: 9:30am On Aug 20, 2018
When next they fight whip out your phone and make a video, show it them after their fight and ask them what they think.

Your parents are both adults, don't let their inability to express their feelings properly get in the way of your happiness. Learn emotional toughness, it's a must for survival.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Bleeds by victorian(f): 9:34am On Aug 20, 2018
Tranquilsoul:

Eeyah sad

Am. Not a book person.. Have read enough books in my lifetime.. Am not interested in reading anymore. Money things in brain and ways of becoming richer, that's all I think about and dream about.. Lol.

Have hung my boots on books.

But don't worry this phase will pass.. Please hang in there.. Just a matter of time and u will be fine.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 10:35am On Aug 20, 2018
Orchid45:
When next they fight whip out your phone and make a video, show it them after their fight and ask them what they think.

Your parents are both adults, don't let their inability to express their feelings properly get in the way of your happiness. Learn emotional toughness, it's a must for survival.
Thanks.
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2018
victorian:

Eeyah sad

Am. Not a book person.. Have read enough books in my lifetime.. Am not interested in reading anymore. Money things in brain and ways of becoming richer, that's all I think about and dream about.. Lol.

Have hung my boots on books.

But don't worry this phase will pass.. Please hang in there.. Just a matter of time and u will be fine.
Thanks a bunch for your words.

1 Like

Re: My Heart Bleeds by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
Tranquilsoul:

These two kidults have developed a hobby which is this quarrels and fights. After they settle, it leaves some of us bruised.
Nobody sends about any will. I just want to finish school and go really far away.
You can't have it all in this life. You know I even loathe the thought of marriage?
I'm a really quiet person and in the midst of chaos, it's like I become asthmatic and start gasping for Air. My heart is racing aimlessly and I'm frustrated. I wish I had a tougher heart.
eeya. It will all be well with time. Once school is over, you won't have to deal with it
Re: My Heart Bleeds by 1stNumeroUno: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Op, sorry...
Re: My Heart Bleeds by Tranquilsoul: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
Op, sorry...
Thanks, I'll survive

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Avoid The Smell Of Ogbono And Stockfish Pls / Please! What Is Your Take On This Issue? Am I About To Make A Mistake? / Took My Daughter With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.