Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas (5585 Views)

Camry Hybrid 2009 For Sale / 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Nefo: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2018
Please I need help on converting Toyota Camry Hybrid to Regular Gasoline. That's car has sitting for a while due to problems with its hybrid system. I guess car was not designed to run independently without the hybrid system. Is there any way of converting it to regular gasoline and doing away with the hybrid system all together. Useful tips will be helpful. Thank you.
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:
Please I need help on converting Toyota Camry Hybrid to Regular Gasoline. That's car has sitting for a while due to problems with its hybrid system. I guess car was not designed to run independently without the hybrid system. Is there any way of converting it to regular gasoline and doing away with the hybrid system all together. Useful tips will be helpful. Thank you.

Demeanors & Kazeem's, attention required......

When we advice that our present environment is not suitable/setup for hybrid vehicles, some people would argue about their neighbours hybrid Highlander than has been purring nicely for 3 years...

3 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by kingreign(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:

Location of the car?
Do NOT convert it if it's only the hybrid problem it's got. It's very fixable.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Nefo: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
kingreign:

Location of the car?
Do NOT convert it if it's only the hybrid problem it's got. It's very fixable.

Do you know any expert that can fix it well at a reasonable price.
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Nefo: 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When we advice that our present environment is not suitable/setup for hybrid vehicles, some people would argue about their neighbours hybrid Highlander than has been purring nicely for 3 years...

It's not about our environment. Hybrid cars are good and saves a lot on gas. The problem is that we don't have skilled technicians that can fix the problems.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:

It's not about our environment. Hybrid cars are good and saves a lot on gas. The problem is that we don't have skilled technicians that can fix the problems.

Hence environment not suitable....

Environment, is not only your immediate environment..... But everything within that environment....... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:

Does environment only mean immediate environment?

Environment has a wider scope.....
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by kingreign(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:

Do you know any expert that can fix it well at a reasonable price.
The redefined colour, what's the 'reasonable price' that you can offer to an 'expert' who'd 'fix it well'?
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
kingreign:

The redefined colour, what's the 'reasonable price' that you can offer to an 'expert' who'd 'fix it well'?

Be mindful, the environment in his pocket is king......

1 Like

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by kingreign(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Be mindful, the environment in his pocket is king......
The conversion he's about to embark on May set him back by up to 650k if not more on parts only.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
kingreign:

The conversion he's about to embark on May set him back by up to 650k if not more on parts only.

What would be the cost of a hybrid overhaul/repair?
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
kingreign:

He might have weighed his options, fix hybrid and face similar issues in the future or butcher the hybrid out and install conventional engine.....
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Nefo: 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Swapping a Hybrid battery is an easy job..I have made plans to buy a hybrid unit from a salvaged yard abroad. Unit and shipping is about $1700. I have also watched several videos online about this and can comfortably do it with little assistance. My only fear is what will happen after the swap. Will it be cost effective to swap the battery or convert the car to gasoline?
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by FLAKARIBE(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
trouble sleep, yanga go wake am up.
will not argue for or against.
Op at the end, na your money you go spend.
spend it wisely.

nb! get a non hybrid ride.
there is a reason car was made hybrid.
pls maintain it or sell it like that.
pls do not kazeemise or bastardize the vehicle.
words of wisdom, remember the sayings .......do not be penny wise, and pound foolish.

summary, go online, read, make research so as to make an informed decision.
All the best.

7 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Readonee35L(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Lol.
Na nurey you they query like this
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
Readonee35L:

Lol.
Na nurey you they query like this

Oga, I did not mention any names o... No put marijuana for my environment .....

1 Like

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:
Swapping a Hybrid battery is an easy job..I have made plans to buy a hybrid unit from a salvaged yard abroad. Unit and shipping is about $1700. I have also watched several videos online about this and can comfortably do it with little assistance. My only fear is what will happen after the swap. Will it be cost effective to swap the battery or convert the car to gasoline?

The thing wey YouTube go cause, WeTube no go fit finish am....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Readonee35L(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Lmao
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by kingreign(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nefo:

Easier said than done. It took me over 2 years of painful research and studies to learn how to fix Toyota and lexus hybrid systems. It's not a DIY stuff.

1 Like

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by sultaan(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
That car is a hybrid system and it should be able to run with the battery depleted engine only.

You need someone with a good scam too to scan the system and verify t it's not working.

You should know That if both 12v and lithium battery died car won't work keep watching YouTube it will all come together. You will need a test light and multimeter too.

By the way what was the problem in the first place before you started calling kazeem and what has kazeem spliced and bypassed

1 Like

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by empron(m): 5:15am On Aug 21, 2018
Nefo:

Very good car to drive run a scan and post the code.However WhatsApp me,I will fix it.08052736390
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by radautoworks: 5:16am On Aug 21, 2018
Nefo:

*cough*
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by nurey(m): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

1-0 grin

my landlady Still uses hers in Abeokuta since 2013 though not a knock around vehicle but owambe things.

I still maintain my stand that hybrid Toyota is a good buy in Nigeria.
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2018
nurey:

1-0 grin

my landlady Still uses hers in Abeokuta since 2013 though not a knock around vehicle but owambe things.

I still maintain my stand that hybrid Toyota is a good buy in Nigeria.

Haba Oga, don't mind demeanor Readonee35L.... My assertions, very innocent........
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by radautoworks: 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
If you're that bothered by hybrid, sell and buy one that's not. Naija and "fixing" car wey manufacturer don design angry
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by TRYGO(m): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2018
Welcome to NL.

What's currently the problem with the car? I bet you, whatever the problem is, it can be fixed!

Converting it to a regular car, is very possible. But that would entail a lot of replacement parts, and that kind of stuff.

I hope the problem you're having currently, isn't related to the HV battery, or the abs system?

My instinct tells me, it might be the battery.

Where's your location?

You could follow some of the hybrid vehicle related blogs on our website here:

www.dxta.net.ng

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(WhatsApp/call)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos

1 Like

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2018
TRYGO:
Welcome to NL.

What's currently the problem with the car? I bet you, whatever the problem is, it can be fixed!

Converting it to a regular car, is very possible. But that would entail a lot of replacement parts, and that kind of stuff.

I hope the problem you're having currently, isn't related to the HV battery, or the abs system?

My instinct tells me, it might be the battery.

Where's your location?

You could follow some of the hybrid vehicle related blogs on our website here:

www.dxta.net.ng

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(WhatsApp/call)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos

if it is battery related nko?

op this is the reason y we need to analyze every major decision.....if u were told, do not buy hybrid then, u for gree?

it's not that it cannot be fixed but the cost of fixing nko..... people..... let's be civil na, I'm sure op heard of the price and was like: "u mean N750 abi... mechanic would say..... no sir N750,000. he'd say ooooh OK, I think my friend will help me check the battery, he's good with battery.... lemme go online and check if it'll be cheaper", and online was like 1m.

such vehicles with limited expertise shouldn't be everyday vehicles talk more only vechicles except of course..... the pocket is deep enough
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by themonk(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Nefo:
Please, which option did you later take. Swap or replace the battery? Also what are your thoughts on using a hybrid vehicle in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 3:16am On Aug 13, 2020
themonk:

Please, which option did you later take. Swap or replace the battery? Also what are your thoughts on using a hybrid vehicle in Nigeria?

Don't tell me you're also considering a hybrid purchase............. grin

You go need to go Abeokuta, to reside next to that landlady......

She got a thing or 2, you might learn from her ...... cheesy
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by themonk(m): 3:30am On Aug 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Don't tell me you're also considering a hybrid purchase............. grin

You go need to go Abeokuta, to reside next to that landlady......

She got a thing or 2, you might learn from her ...... cheesy
grin ;DAfter thinking about it very well I gave up but it was for safety purposes due to Nigerian road, before I swim with the car and get electrocuted. I saw a post someone made where water entered the batteries so I gave up, not worth it.
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by Lexusgs430: 3:44am On Aug 13, 2020
themonk:

grin ;DAfter thinking about it very well I gave up but it was for safety purposes due to Nigerian road, before I swim with the car and get electrocuted. I saw a post someone made where water entered the batteries so I gave up, not worth it.

I own a hybrid vehicle (still under manufacturers warranty), 4 more years to go on it.....

Once warranty is about to expire, it's going back to Toyota........ grin

I would never buy a hybrid vehicle without warranty....... I cannot come and go and kill myself and my account............ wink
Re: Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas by themonk(m): 4:41am On Aug 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I own a hybrid vehicle (still under manufacturers warranty), 4 more years to go on it.....

Once warranty is about to expire, it's going back to Toyota........ grin

I would never buy a hybrid vehicle without warranty....... I cannot come and go and kill myself and my account............ wink
Interesting, that would be a good choice. Sounds like you stay abroad? New vehicles in Nigeria would be waaay costly man can’t do that, Once I leave this country I’m getting a hybrid vehicle under warranty like you wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Honda Owners / Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating / .......Supposedly Honda Civic Don't Age Well.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.