Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please (2836 Views)

Help With These Scan Results / Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
Images have been uploaded. Please help with interpretation.

cc GAZZUZZ kingreign

Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by kingreign(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bayo50:
[color=#000099][/color]see below

Hey, we don't need such stupidity here. Now scram!
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by kingreign(m): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kufie:

cc GAZZUZZ kingreign

boss, erase and drive again for minimum of 50km then rescan again.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
kingreign:

boss, erase and drive again for minimum of 50km then rescan again.

The car did a little over 400km before that scan. You still think I should do 50km more?
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by kingreign(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kufie:

The car did a little over 400km before that scan. You still think I should do 50km more?
Erase and drive again minimum of 50km, personally, I'd say 120km distance then scan to know the true pending and permanent codes. I'm scared cos I am seeing 17codes there in your scanner.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
120km That's like driving from Lagos to Ibadan o...just to scan a car?? I'm sure na mistake sir
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by diportivo: 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
dem say replace battery pack

wetin remain?

I hope u r not expecting a miracle to happen sha

toks dey,new dey

na to change battery sure pass o bros

or....am I wrong ni
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by kingreign(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
kong4:
120km That's like driving from Lagos to Ibadan o...just to scan a car?? I'm sure na mistake sir
IF you know not what to say, please be quiet.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by kingreign(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
diportivo:

wetin remain?

toks dey,new dey

or....am I wrong ni

The scanner shows the car has 17DTCs stored in its system. He needs to clear code and drive for a while then rescan.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
diportivo:

wetin remain?

toks dey,new dey

or....am I wrong ni

what most technicians do is replace defective cells in cell pack. Seems to be effective. Personally I have never had interest. For the misfire there is insufficient info to give a possible solution.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kufie:

cc GAZZUZZ kingreign

.https://www.nairaland.com/trygo I am not recommending anyone, apply due diligence
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

.https://www.nairaland.com/trygo I am not recommending anyone, apply due diligence

Thank you. @ TRYGO are you in Lagos? Can I have you inspect the car?
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kufie:

Thank you. @ TRYGO are you in Lagos? Can I have you inspect the car?

I will suggest you give him a call.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by sultaan(m): 4:56am On Apr 26, 2019
Check your spark plugs and coil you may have to do a full tune up and that should fix some of the problem.

What had your mechanic done for you to have at least 2 cylinders misfire.

The car will drive without the battery but a replacement kit is about $1000
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 7:55am On Apr 26, 2019
sultaan:
Check your spark plugs and coil you may have to do a full tune up and that should fix some of the problem.

What had your mechanic done for you to have at least 2 cylinders misfire.

The car will drive without the battery but a replacement kit is about $1000

Thank you. Just came in as Tokunbo
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by timifakay(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2019
Kufie:

Thank you. Just came in as Tokunbo

Probably the reason it was sold. Cost of repair exceeds current value.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
timifakay:

Fingers crossed
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Readonee35L(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Kufie:

Fingers crossed
Whats the odo reading ?
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2019
Readonee35L:

Whats the odo reading ?

144K.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Readonee35L(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kufie:

144K.
Is this odo legit?
Drop the vin.
I'd pull a report for you
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by homeboy205: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Mature recommendations to avoid story that touches lol
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2019
Readonee35L:

Is this odo legit?
Drop the vin.
I'd pull a report for you

4T1BD1FK2CU045946
Thank you
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
homeboy205:

Mature recommendations to avoid story that touches lol

Yes we’ve spoken over the phone. The car will be with him on Monday
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by timifakay(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
You might find this useful

Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Readonee35L(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2019
Kufie:

4T1BD1FK2CU045946
Thank you
Attached is the vin report.
I knew something was off with the said vehicle. Because the 2012 camry hybrid is almost indestructible unless above 260k miles which sometimes that vehicke last up to 350k miles stock.

The vin report shows
158kmiles in 2015 and you claim vehicle has 144k miles.
Odometer must have been reversed before going into auction, New york dealers are evil, I'm not surprised as this is a taxi vehicle from new york. Odometer would have been above 260k miles, Car had no keys in auction , with a very very low price. The dealer walked right into it .

Was this vehicle bought like this.
Or it was sold as fresh toks here in 9ja?

It's safe to assume the battery pack has dead cells due to wear and tear of extreme use.

Mr trygo should be of help.

2 Likes

Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by stalwart123(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Readonee35L:

I knew something was off with the said vehicle. Because the 2012 camry hybrid is almost indestructible unless above 260k miles which sometimes that vehicke last up to 350k miles stock.

The vin report shows
Odometer must have been reversed before going into auction, New york dealers are evil, I'm not surprised as this is a taxi vehicle from new york. Odometer would have been above 260k miles, Car had no keys in auction , with a very very low price. The dealer walked right into it .

It's safe to assume the battery pack has dead cells due to wear and tear of extreme use.

Oh boy. People are heartless ooo.

Just to make money.

@op what's the new color of your car?

Car market is indeed a black market.
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by dharrey2012: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
OP, I think I saw this car being advertised this way not long ago on OLX with taxi colour, are you sure you did your due diligence?
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by diportivo: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
timifakay:

na u quick jasi the deal

me no sabi anything o.....but once ur hybrid don dey ask for battery, don't expect a miracle

it is well o
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
Readonee35L:

The vin report shows

This is why I'm sometimes wary of clean looking cars with no obvious sign of damage especially those with a "buy it now price"

It's probably good for dealers who can patch and sell off, they also buy a lot and can withstand occasional bad purchases.

Those of us who buy once in a blue moon and for personal use will not find it funny smiley
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Kufie(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
Readonee35L:

The vin report shows

Thank you very much lol. We’re aware of the Taxi use history. It’s just the odometer reading that comes as a surprise to us now. My uncle imported it that way and had the color changed. His wife however refused the car so I picked it up from him at a very very low cost. TRYGO will come and get it from me
early tomorrow morning. Thank you so much
Re: 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Scan Results. Help Interpret Please by Readonee35L(m): 10:50am On Apr 29, 2019
rationalmind:

This is why I'm sometimes wary of clean looking cars with no obvious sign of damage especially those with a "buy it now price"

It's probably good for dealers who can patch and sell off, they also buy a lot and can withstand occasional bad purchases.

Those of us who buy once in a blue moon and for personal use will not find it funny smiley
Avoid buy it now.
Avoid vehicles that are not sold by insurance. Unless you're an expert in the field.
Understanding titles is also important so you don't end uo with a car that can't be exported.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2003 NISSAN MURANO: Pros And Cons. / Effect Of Benzene Emitted From Car AC / The Ancient Cars Of The Ancient City Of Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.