Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates (22561 Views)

CCPT Has Intervened To Prevent Multichoice From Raising Subscription Fee / Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Tribunal Stops Multichoice From Increasing Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by uniqueflash(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
ZEEZAR:
What exactly is the role of Consumer Protection Council (CPC)?
"The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) Act, enacted in 1992 is the primary law in Nigeria which centres on a pragmatic approach to enforcement of consumer rights making the Act consumer focused. Section 6 of the Act provides that consumers can bring complaints where they have suffered a loss, injury or damage while Section 8 provides for opportunity for consumers to get redress which makes the Act adequate to meet consumer rights."
ENFORCEMENT OF CONSUMER RIGHTS- It is not your right to watch Pay TV at low cost
LOSS, INJURY or DAMAGE- In this case, what exactly have we suffered? Pay TV subscription is not a necessity.I
Nigeria operates a free market economy
If CPC wants to be great, they should arrest those selling ram at inflated prices. FOOD IS A NECESSITY!
bt u have a very big problem
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by D2crown: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
Let our government continue to fool us. The DSTV we don start paying for
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
okaynigeria:
Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja has restrained MultiChoice Nigeria from effecting its recent hike in DSTV subscription.

The company had in July increased the subscription rate for the DSTV Premium package from N14,700 to N15,800, Compact Plus from N9,900 to N10,650, Compact from N6,300 to N6,800, Family from N3,800 to N4,000, and Access from N1,900 to N2,000.

The implementation of the rates commenced on August 1.

However, ruling in a case challenging the hike in subscription on Monday, Justice Nnamdi Dimgba granted an injunction restraining MultiChoice from implementing the new rates.

Also, the court restrained the company from any conduct capable of interfering with the regulatory process of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC).

The orders were granted in Suit No: FHC/ABJ/CS/894/2018 Federal Republic of Nigeria v. MultiChoice Nigeria Limited.

Representing the Federal Government were Babatunde Irukera Esq, Abimbola Ojenike, Eme David-Ojugo, Moray Adebayo, Teniola Medupin and Florence Abebe.

https://www.okayng.com/court-stops-multichoice-from-increasing-dstv-subscription-rates/

that's for people who are willing to waste their money paying for dstv
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by Dollabiz: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Get free to air decoder and stop wasting money on what you can get free
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by DavidEsq(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
thesicilian:
So they have the power to do that and they've been letting DStv rip us off for ages?!
But they charged me on the new amount na. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by Coolbriz01(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
DSTV crew dey craze o,jst imagine. WHY DEM NO JST TELL NIGERIANS TO LINE UP AND GET SHOT because OF SUBSCRIPTION... Money mongers
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by nextstep(m): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
Why on earth is the government interfering with the prices of Dstv subscription rates? This is a private company so they should let the market decide. It's not like this is an essential commodity like fuel, or even electricity. If people find it too expensive, they'll simply vote with their cash.

Government has it all backwards: they increase the price of fuel, but won't allow a private company to set its prices - party due in fact to the increased costs of doing business (fuel costs more, inflation has made everything else expensive, and the exchange rate at which dusty will buy and install equipment fluctuates).

It's like government telling bus drivers or mama put how much to charge. Can somebody explain why gov't is poking nose in private business? What we need is gov't to regulate the price of something useful like electricity.
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2018
The injunction came a little too late because they have already increase the rates - I can confirm paying my premium subscription at the new rate.

Hope they'll make them refund all our monies.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by satelliteDISH(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
calberian:
I wonder what ever happened to TSTv.

tstv is back. Call your installer to come and track it for u. they are live now on nigcomsat platform 42e.
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by DaRuud(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
thesicilian:
So they have the power to do that and they've been letting DStv rip us off for ages?!

In the voice of PDP I blame TSTV
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by bluefilm: 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
RichyRodman:
I have already paid 6800 and it's not funny to me at all I got an sms of their increments and when I wanted to pay the price increase had been started already I saw people still paying so I had to pay I've recently heard about tstv I don't know if anyone has started using it because I'm already fed up with dstv

Already fed up just because of 300 naira increment?

Oga, you wicked o!
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by droopyd: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
bluefilm:

Already fed up just because of 300 naira increment?

Oga, you wicked o!

Correction, N500 naira increment and you that is saying "just because", is it your money? or are you going to give the balance of the increment every month?
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by bluefilm: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
droopyd:

Correction, N500 naira increment and you that is saying "just because", is it your money? or are you going to give the balance of the increment every month?

Even if it is 500 naira, is it more than the amount you spend daily on beer?

Or the amount some of you use to impress girls by taking them out and recharging airtime for them?

Or even the amount some of you use to smoke skunk?

Or the amount some of dey use _fuck ashawo every blessed nite?

Or even the amount some of you donate to pastors in the name of tithe?

Or even the amount some of you dash bet9ja on a daily basis?

See, my guy, lemme tell you the truth, money is actually nothing.

The value you ascribe to money is exactly the value you get.

It's all in the mind.

If you can go inside your mind and convince yourself that the 500 naira increment that dstv added to compact bouquet is actually nothing based on say you pass am wella, I tell you, you will automatically stop 'feeling the pain'.

But if you like, you can continue to groan and complain.

At the end of the day, na you go still dey feel the pain.

So like I said earlier, it's all in the mind.
Re: Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates by droopyd: 11:40am On Aug 22, 2018
bluefilm:

Even if it is 500 naira, is it more than the amount you spend daily on beer?

Or the amount some of you use to impress girls by taking them out and recharging airtime for them?

Or even the amount some of you use to smoke skunk?

Or the amount some of dey use _fuck ashawo every blessed nite?

Or even the amount some of you donate to pastors in the name of tithe?

Or even the amount some of you dash bet9ja on a daily basis?

See, my guy, lemme tell you the truth, money is actually nothing.

The value you ascribe to money is exactly the value you get.

It's all in the mind.

If you can go inside your mind and convince yourself that the 500 naira increment that dstv added to compact bouquet is actually nothing based on say you pass am wella, I tell you, you will automatically stop 'feeling the pain'.

But if you like, you can continue to groan and complain.

At the end of the day, na you go still dey feel the pain.

So like I said earlier, it's all in the mind.

You still don't get the point, it's not your money so I and anybody else has the right to complain about the increment. I can afford the increment but did not bother complaining and decided to dump DSTV.

The increment is small to you so pay and keep that to yourself, don't berate others that don't consider it small. You can convey your opinion without making it seem like others are complaining for no reason (afterall, all fingers are not equal)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forget Wahala: 5 Things You Need To Know About BBNaija 2019 / BBNaija: Ella Denies Telling Kim That Tacha Has Body Odour / See Comedy Skits I Shot With My Infinix Hot Note!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.