Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) (3935 Views)

Etiquette Of The Wedding Night / What Are The Prices Of Qurbani In Your Area? It Might Be Helpful To Someone / Slaughtering Animal Upon Constructing A New House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by Lukgaf(m): 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Qurbani or Udhiyah as it is widely referred to, is a significant religious practice in Islam performed all over the world by billions of Muslims on Eid-ul-Adha and the two days following it. For the sake of clarity and to inform those who are not familiar with the concept, it is the practice of slaughtering an animal, usually a sheep, goat or a cow, as an offering to Allah SWT.

As mentioned earlier, this is very important religious practice. Therefore, careful attention should be given to every detail no matter how big or small so as to see to it that Qurbani is conducted properly and in full accordance with the rules of Islam. Below we will talk about a few important guidelines related to Udhiya and Qurbani rules.
(Muslimmaids)

3 Likes

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by Lukgaf(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ettiquettes of Qurbani

1. The knife which is used for slaughtering should be well sharpened.

2. The knife should not be sharpened in front of the animals

3. The animal should be given food and water before it is slaughtered

4. The animal should not be brutally dragged along to the place of slaughter

5. The animal should be slaughtered at an isolated place away from other animals

6. The animal shouold be laid on the ground with ease, and not with undue force

7. One should hasten in slaughtering. Undue delay must be avoided

8. The animal should be left for a while after slaughtering before commencing skinning

9. after slaughtering, the head should not be cut off nor should the animal be skinned until all movements has completely stopped

10. It is necessary to slaughter with the name of Allah (tasmiyah). The proper words for the tasmiyah are "Bismillahi Allahu Akbar".

11. If a Muslim forgets to say the tasmiyah at the time of slaughtering, then the animal is still Halaal. He does not need to say the words afterwards. However if he/she leaves it out intentionally, then the animal is not Halaal.

12. It is more virtuous to slaughter the animal with one's own hands. If one is unable to slaughter, it is advisable to witnesses the sacrifice

Ref: Jamiatul Ulama, SA

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by HajimeSaito(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Isn't this Lukgaf the same person who tried to stupidly argue that Leah Sharibu's plight is on the same level as that attention seeking law school troublemaker?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by Lukgaf(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
can I help you? By the way, what are you doing on this thread? you are not a Muslim, so it is not meant for you.
HajimeSaito:
Isn't this Lukgaf the same person who tried to stupidly argue that Leah Sharibu's plight is on the same level as that attention seeking law school troublemaker?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by HajimeSaito(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lukgaf:
can I help you? By the way, what are you doing on this thread? you are not a Muslim, so it is not meant for you.

How'd you know I'm not a MUDSLIME? You're absolutely right. It was probably revealed to you by your "prophet". Either that or you've been looking at my profile pic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by Lukgaf(m): 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ask my question and dont be trouble maker? why did you choose to post here? you have attested you are a Muslim before commenting and was it not that you are lieing?

HajimeSaito:

How'd you know I'm not a MUDSLIME? You're absolutely right. It was probably revealed to you by your "prophet". Either that or you've been looking at my profile pic.

1 Like

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by HajimeSaito(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lukgaf:
Ask my question and dont be trouble maker? why did you choose to post here? you have attested you are a Muslim before commenting and was it not that you are lieing?

Did I really attest to being a MUDslime? Check my profile pic again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by Dollabiz: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2018
Oh
Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by wilsonm(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2018
I love islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by mmadu5(m): 8:33am On Aug 21, 2018
Islam is like disease

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering) by IrepChrist: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Lukgaf:
Ettiquettes of Qurbani

1. The knife which is used for slaughtering should be well sharpened.

2. The knife should not be sharpened in front of the animals

3. The animal should be given food and water before it is slaughtered

4. The animal should not be brutally dragged along to the place of slaughter

5. The animal should be slaughtered at an isolated place away from other animals

6. The animal shouold be laid on the ground with ease, and not with undue force

7. One should hasten in slaughtering. Undue delay must be avoided

8. The animal should be left for a while after slaughtering before commencing skinning

9. after slaughtering, the head should not be cut off nor should the animal be skinned until all movements has completely stopped

10. It is necessary to slaughter with the name of Allah (tasmiyah). The proper words for the tasmiyah are "Bismillahi Allahu Akbar".

11. If a Muslim forgets to say the tasmiyah at the time of slaughtering, then the animal is still Halaal. He does not need to say the words afterwards. However if he/she leaves it out intentionally, then the animal is not Halaal.

12. It is more virtuous to slaughter the animal with one's own hands. If one is unable to slaughter, it is advisable to witnesses the sacrifice

Ref: Jamiatul Ulama, SA

I LOVE ALL MUSLIMS...

Jesus loves you more....
Happy celebration.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Is "Peace" Defined In Islam? / Lessons From The Explanation Of Riyaadus Saaliheen Made By Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / Super Heroes Offer Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.