Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Super Heroes Offer Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Super Heroes Offer Salat (3944 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Heroes Offer Salat by maclatunji: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2012

Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by sino(m): 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
grin Now this definately gets my attention, who ever thought of this is a very funny dude. My question is, who is the Imam? Salahudeen Al-Ayuubi?
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by maclatunji: 6:23am On Jun 24, 2012
^I don't know O. The focus of the cartoon is not on the Imam, so I imagine it can be anybody.
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
The one in brown looks like a woman.
The guy to the left with the long hair and the cleavage . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Which super hero is that anyway?
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by Jarus(m): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Isn't this mockery? Or is it me? What's this about?
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
Jarus: Isn't this mockery? Or is it me? What's this about?

good observation!
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by sino(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
Of islam or the superheroes? I dont think so bro. Although the dressing of the superheroes negates islamic code, definately not acceptable for solat. I think its just the handywork of a funny cartoonist (probably a muslim) who loves these superheroes. I for one loved most of these superheroes while growing up(perhaps i still do lol).
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
I don't understand how anyone can see this as mockery; no offence.
I think it can serve as a way to draw kids to Salat. Since they like those superheroes.
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by maclatunji: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2012

You don't like comics or cartoons do you? The idea is that everybody is subservient to Almighty Allah and kids/adults alike are brainwashed to want to be Superman, Spiderman etc. If Superman prays salat, why shouldn't little Abdul-Hakeem pray as well? That is the angle I believe the cartoonist is coming from, it isn't mockery.

You can argue about its "suitability" but I believe it is good fun.

1 Like

Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by maclatunji: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
fellis: The one in brown looks like a woman.
The guy to the left with the long hair and the cleavage . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Which super hero is that anyway?

There are so many super heroes out there, you cannot know all of them. grin
Re: Super Heroes Offer Salat by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2012

where is the dark knight? angry angry

author is clearly a marvel fan - i can only count superman and the flash as dc superheroes

see wolverine for corner

(1) (Reply)

Wording Of The Tashahhud And Sending Blessings On The Prophet / Attention To All Muslims / Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.