Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 (3801 Views)

Poll: How will it end?

Spain win: 85% (12 votes)
Chile Win: 14% (2 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (10 - 0) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by Shaunscot(m): 2:12am On Jun 26, 2010
I recall bringing this topic up sometime in the past

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=332348.msg4662139#msg4662139

Maybe i discovered Villa early cos I happen to be a Valencia fan.

His goal today is somewhat similar to the one he scored against Barca at the mestalla in the 2007 season.

The guy is pure class and we(Valencia) have really lost out on a very great striker, He is the best for now.

I just hope that in Barca,he gets to win the laurels that eluded him in Valencia
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by jalether(m): 2:19am On Jun 26, 2010
dayokanu:

This is the wrongest time for Germany to play the 3 kittens. All the players are far too young. Schweinsteiger is even doubtful and probably Kroos would play

If they line up Neuer- Lahm-Friedrich-Mertersacker-Badstuber/Boateng-Khedira, Schweini/Kroos- Podolski-Muller- Klose,

Only 2 players Friedrich and Klose would be over 27.

If England cant beat this Germany then Nigeria should just colonize England for bringing the game to disrepute,

Surprisingly. I think this german team has better cohesion and flair than their 02 and 06 predecessors.

Ozil,cacau and Podolski have being more than impressive. whether they have the ability to overcome difficult challenges/teams is what

remains to be seen.
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 2:40am On Jun 26, 2010
Dayo you speak fom both sides of your mouth sometimes . You have done done nothing but villified English football in its entirety over the years and even two days ago, you predicted doom and gloom for the English team in their second round match against "the Great Germans" , all of a sudden you are giving excuses for a highly likely German loss to England.

That Germany is a better team and have a history that would kill all the English fans with envy but you have to put things into perspective. Normally Nigeria(Germany) would always beat Somalia(England) but if at a point in time Nigeria has a bunch of young players you dont expect th typical Nigerian performane

On the contrary, I would have surmised that the Germans been a youthful team will use that as an adavantage to overcome the supposedly " inept , clumsy and incompetent " English team that is the second oldest team in this World Cup tourney.

In football, there is a limit to which youth can carry a team you need a good mix of experience. Ballack in this team would have definitely beaten England even in Buckingham Palace but when you have youths who are not used to such high profile games and the pressure that comes with it

I believe you see the inevitable happening- which is England beating the Germans !!, and using the absense of some players as an excuse to justify their loss. I have made a calculated decision not to bet on this match because it is highly unpredictable due to the fact that it is going to be more of a mental and emotional game than physical or skill-based- the Germans traditionally should win in such a situation but I think England has the mental edge at the moment , ( and this can be observed from the jittery and ridiculous comments by Franz beckenbauer ), I'll show my hands, see below

You dont get it do you? OK let me explain with your favourite sports, ALCOHOL!! grin grin grin grin On a good day Lekan can finish 15 bottles of Star at Tuns or Franca and win the drinking contest but on a day Lekan is sick he would only struggle to drink 7 bottles and Tunde would drink more than him, Do you now understand

P.O.D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I predict England wins in 90 minutes!!!

Your prediction noted

Surprisingly. I think this german team has better cohesion and flair than their 02 and 06 predecessors.

Ozil,cacau and Podolski have being more than impressive

Its not Flair that win tournaments its grit. The most skillful sides dont seem to always win, Thats why the greatest 1982 Brazil couldnt win. Football as much as its entertainment, Its also war and a contest
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by A40(m): 3:03am On Jun 26, 2010
dayokanu:

That Germany is a better team and have a history that would kill all the English fans with envy but you have to put things into perspective. Normally Nigeria(Germany) would always beat Somalia(England) but if at a point in time Nigeria has a bunch of young players you dont expect th typical Nigerian performane

Its not Flair that win tournaments its grit. The most skillful sides dont seem to always win, Thats why the greatest 1982 Brazil couldnt win. Football as much as its entertainment, Its also war and a contest
This England ain't $$hit. If Oezil and Schweini are 100% England can kiss that midfield goodbye!! They have the chemistry Lamps and co lack. I hope Loew does not play Badstuber on that day he might be the Judas as he is error-prone and would most likely be the weakest link in that back-line. Muller has to take advantage of Glen Johnson's positional frailties. Its important Germany score first as a slow start would be tough to handle for that young team

Obviously i would have preferred the Mannschaft meeting England at a later stage but shyte happens! Even their p!mps Portugal huffed and puffed more than this at the Euros

dayokanu:

You dont get it do you? OK let me explain with your favourite sports, ALCOHOL!! grin grin grin grin On a good day Lekan can finish 15 bottles of Star at Tuns or Franca and win the drinking contest but on a day Lekan is sick he would only struggle to drink 7 bottles and Tunde would drink more than him, Do you now understand

Those names ring a bell i don shayo for those zones before na. Their Asun was kicking back in the day
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by okgerald(m): 4:31am On Jun 26, 2010
Men torres is playing like say hin don finish. Did he just f**ck puss.
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by CarlosVent(m): 7:07am On Jun 26, 2010
spain u did a great work man.thanks to u guys.
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by landtraza(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Villa is about work-rate, movement and deadly finishing.
Look at that first goal again. . . . . . .He didn't even waste time. . . . .A loose ball, one hit, GOALLLLLLL!!!!
i think YAKUBU, OBASI, and  MARTINS even OBINNA can all score that goal cheesy since VILLA cant score that of INIESTER , even a penalty he did yakubued it.i dont see him matched up with torres or samuel ETO
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by 9jarian: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
, wink
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by viewlekan: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
dayokanu:

In football, there is a limit to which youth can carry a team you need a good mix of experience. Ballack in this team would have definitely beaten England even in Buckingham Palace but when you have youths who are not used to such high profile games and the pressure that comes with it

P.O.D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your prediction noted

#

Haha, I applaud your performance as the self appointed spokesman of German footbal!! but in all fairness your assertions are becoming ridiculous at the moment. Germany came to this competition believing that they had a chance to win the competition:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/719812/ce/uk/?cc=5739&ver=global, as quoted by Oliver Bierhoff

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1177749/index.html?cid=rssfeed&att=?cid=rssfeed&att=, as quoted by Jurgen Klinsman

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/world-cup-2010/news/2010/06/10/world-cup-2010-germany-can-win-title-if-they-take-it-one-game-at-a-time-warns-beckenbauer-86908-22323633/, as quoted by Franz B who apparently is suffering from a bout of acute mouth diarrhoea.

Your statement about Ballack making a difference to the team is just simply nonsensical , I dont know how a single player can make such a difference to a team of 23 players such that they would beat England in " Buckingham Palace" shocked, give us a break DK!, admittedly, there are players that could have such talismanic effects on their team but the Ballack of 2010 is def not in that category ( Bless him - he was refused an extension in chelsea and reportedly he is back in Leuverkesen sad)

I really liked your analogy about Tuns and Franca ( Brought back such lovely memories) , lol. I will attempt to give you a similar yet more realistic conceptual illustration so you can understand my position and I would be using your fav sports, Sex, lol.

If Dayo has a reputation for been a top dude in the bedroom department and is respected for his swagger and delivery in bringing smiles to the ladies but as usual after the law of diminishing returns sets in and is not able to perform as he used to and Taofeek after nuff practises and patience is deemed to be a prefered option to D1, would that be surprising??,

The Germans are regarded as a strong footballing nation and have performed over the years but I am sorry to say the present crop of players have no clue, they were extremely lucky against the Ghanians and that is the truth!!, England have not been spectacular either but you can just sense that they have that something extra to defeat the Germans. My arguement is we can ascribe a potential German loss to inexperience, rubbish!!!, no one said that when they had a fluke of a game by beating Australia by 4-0.
Re: South Africa 2010 Spain Vs Chile [2 - 1]25th June @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Jun 27, 2010
POD!!!!! I called you like 5 times you no pick.

Your statement about Ballack making a difference to the team is just simply nonsensical , I dont know how a single player can make such a difference to a team of 23 players such that they would beat England in " Buckingham Palace" , give us a break DK!,

Maradona in 1994 despite aging still was the icon in Argentina, They won 2 games with him, without him they lost their 2 games.

Zidane was for France in 2006,

The experience of Ballack to a young team is invaluable.

admittedly, there are players that could have such talismanic effects on their team but the Ballack of 2010 is def not in that category ( Bless him - he was refused an extension in chelsea and reportedly he is back in Leuverkesen

What he has lost in agility, He has abundance in experience

I really liked your analogy about Tuns and Franca ( Brought back such lovely memories) , lol. I will attempt to give you a similar yet more realistic conceptual illustration so you can understand my position and I would be using your fav sports, Sex, lol.

Drunk like you, since you left, Tuns and Franca went out of biz.

If Dayo has a reputation for been a top dude in the bedroom department and is respected for his swagger and delivery in bringing smiles to the ladies but as usual after the law of diminishing returns sets in and is not able to perform as he used to and Taofeek after nuff practises and patience is deemed to be a prefered option to D1, would that be surprising??

How that analogy fits into the situation beats me. The young German team the youngest at the world cup is now described as being in diminishing returns? Lekan be wary of Irish beer, they are different from Nigerian breweries.

The Germans are regarded as a strong footballing nation and have performed over the years but I am sorry to say the present crop of players have no clue, they were extremely lucky against the Ghanians and that is the truth!!,

The players dnt have a clue? Thats funny right? The same set of players brutally rap-ed the English players at U21 level just last years 4-0, They were extremely lucky? I guess football was supposed to be a walk in the park every time? The Great Brazil struggled vs South Korea that must mean they dont have a clue, Spain struggled vs Switzerland that must mean they don't have a clue?

You need TB Joshua!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

England have not been spectacular either but you can just sense that they have that something extra to defeat the Germans. My arguement is we can ascribe a potential German loss to inexperience, rubbish!!!, no one said that when they had a fluke of a game by beating Australia by 4-0.

How come the English couldn't manage a fluke vs Slovenia, USA and Algeria all without any renowned world class player in the midst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Updated--Euro 2012 Betting Predictions: France Vs England || Ukraine Vs Sweden / Get Well Soon Petr Cech! / Siasia Rules Out Return Of Yakubu And Martins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.