Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,603 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) (86439 Views)

Man’s Suicide Attempt At Ogun River In Abeokuta Aborted (Photos) / Lockdown: Man Jumps From Onitsha Flyover In Suicide Attempt / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by hamzyluv(m): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Richdad50:
BUHARI WAS CLONED IN LONDON. THE CURRENT PRESIDENT IS NOT BUHARI. IT'S BEEN A CLONE SINCE 2016.

Yes oo ... Even his face , lag and voice were cloned . ... Come 2019 ur eye go clear

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by winsh: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
There s something about white people, kudos to the oyibo doctors, its only research driven by patience, determination, and absence of bad belle that differentiates them from many Africans
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Radiant1020(f): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
Culin:
Dead woman walking. Weird!

Imagine what a pretty girl did to herself over a man. Owoicho tah.

Are you idoma?

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by cutegentility(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
God bless those doctors.
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Curry30: 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
Well, in my opinion God decided to teach her a lesson for her stupidity.
She exchanged her pretty face for a dead womans face.
She endured the pain
And I guess former admirers have lost interest.
What an array of losses!!! Poor girl...suicide is NEVER THE ANSWER
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
pweshboi:
Shoot yourself?

Why would anyone do that all because of breakup?

Kudos to the surgeons though...
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Uglymugg: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ishilove:
Jeeeeesu!! Ahn ahn!! Which kind of nonsense is this?? So it is because of man matter that this child disfugured hersef like this? Did she think of her family and the terrible sorrow she would have put them through if she had succeeded in her suicide attempt? What arrant nonsense is this?? Now her beauty is forever lost beneath this...this... LORD!!

NEVER EVER hinge your happiness on human beings. You will be so bitterly disappointed that suicide will be an attractive option if you are weak, like this young lady.

True. Looks like her story really touched you.
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by GogetterMD(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
czarina:
but they could have very well reconstructed something more like her... More like plastic surgery from grafted skin. Just saying
Plastic surgery is much more complicated than it simply sounds. It's one of the most difficult field of surgery. Most of the bone and supporting tissue had gone away, and you need tissue similar to that of the face to get a close transplant.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Uglymugg: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
czarina:
This feels some shades of wrong. I thought facial reconstruction surgery is possible? They didn't have to give her a completely different look.

Or maybe I missed something in the story......
yeah, you missed everything. She blew the entire front of her face off with a gun pointed to her chin. She didn't sucide properly, theres no way to reconstruct her face because its not magic.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by babatee1985(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
Meanwhile in Nigeria

Emeka- Amaka, abeg we get wetin we wan yarn about oo

Amaka- Ok, I dey listen

Emeka- Actually, it's about our relationship

Amaka- Eheen, wetin happen?

Emeka- I don tire

Amaka- Me sef oo... I don tire tey tey I no just know how I go take tell you.

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by crystalzoe: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2018
Explorers:
Katie with her parents, who live with her near the clinic, after the operation.
Pls I sent a pm. Need to make an enquiry.
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by czarina(f): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2018
GogetterMD:

Plastic surgery is much more complicated than it simply sounds. It's one of the most difficult field of surgery. Most of the bone and supporting tissue had gone away, and you need tissue similar to that of the face to get a close transplant.
"GogetterMD", you're a doctor??
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Uglymugg:

True. Looks like her story really touched you.
It's sad. We are ultimately headed for self destruction because we have pushed God into the background. This time, Jesus will not come to lay His life down for us. He is so over that. What will come next is ultimate judgement. For some, like this girl, it is instant.
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Vichin: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
And the guy go Don find another babe sad sad
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by GogetterMD(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
czarina:
"GogetterMD", you're a doctor??
Well, I studied medicine as my first degree, so I'd say yes
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by czarina(f): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Uglymugg:
yeah, you missed everything. She blew the entire front of her face off with a gun pointed to her chin. She didn't sucide properly, theres no way to reconstruct her face because its not magic.
OK thanks, so I'd presume the new face was "slapped" on a flat surface? No skeletal structure whatsoever? Because if there was, I believe something better or maybe more aesthetically pleasing could have been constructed with grafted skin from elsewhere or maybe the donor's? Would appreciate an explanation
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by czarina(f): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2018
GogetterMD:

Well, I studied medicine as my first degree, so I'd say yes
OK... Explains the moniker
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by GogetterMD(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
czarina:
OK... Explains the moniker
Are you the heir to the throne of the great Czar? wink

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Fourwinds: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Culin:

Nawa ooooo....the thing tire me oooo...

nice DP...look at the background... its like art work

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by GogetterMD(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
czarina:
OK thanks, so I'd presume the new face was "slapped" on a flat surface? No skeletal structure whatsoever? Because if there was, I believe something better or maybe more aesthetically pleasing could have been constructed with grafted skin from elsewhere or maybe the donor's? Would appreciate an explanation
Part of the skeletal structure supporting the face of the donor was also harvested as part of the graft tissue transplanted to the girl, which explains why her face got an entirely new shape. Transplanting just the skin wouldn't do a good job at plastic surgery, as it wouldn't still be a pleasant site to look at. They basically have to do their best as surgeons to make the structure (in this case, the face) the best, and as normal as they can get it

2 Likes

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by czarina(f): 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
GogetterMD:

Are you the heir to the throne of the great Czar? wink
Нет меда, я царица, сама королева
Net meda, ya tsaritsa, sama koroleva.
smiley
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Chai.. But oyinbo doctors dey work sha!!
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by oksmart1992(m): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2018
My Idoma sis... You're cute oo smiley ....I wouldn't mind getting to know more about you. cool
Culin:

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fourwinds:
Nawa ooooo....the thing tire me oooo...

nice DP...look at the background... its like art work
No be only background cheesy u like her curves just tell am jor no shame in liking it.. And its really a work of art... Well sculptured grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Fourwinds: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
dairykidd:

No be only background cheesy u like her curves just tell am jor no shame in liking it.. And its really a work of art... Well sculptured grin cheesy
na you sabi....

how does that tree she sat on look? hmm
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fourwinds:
na you sabi....

how does that tree she sat on look? hmm
I believe u grin

1 Like

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by czarina(f): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
GogetterMD:

Part of the skeletal structure supporting the face of the donor was also harvested as part of the graft tissue transplanted to the girl, which explains why her face got an entirely new shape. Transplanting just the skin wouldn't do a good job at plastic surgery, as it wouldn't still be a pleasant site to look at. They basically have to do their best as surgeons to make the structure (in this case, the face) the best, and as normal as they can get it
so a plastic surgery(later) may never be in the offing?
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by fortunechy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
see a first class country doctors...... not like somewhere in West Africa call Nigeria(shitwhole)
Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by cococandy(f): 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
englishmart:
To be honest with you, these oyinbo people too much o. E come be like say E get another pattern wey God take create them. Na only life their doctors no fit replace.

I troway cap for una.
In case you want to argue, argue with your house rent tongue

God didn’t create them differently. Oyibo is human like anyone else.

You guys in Africa and places like Africa are just more focused on superstitions, controlling women’s vaginas and what they do with their lives that you don’t put resources and time towards more important things.

African doctors and medical personnel in America are some of the smartest people the country has ever seen. Because they are in a country that encourages people to their fullpotentials.

In the hospital where I work, more than half of the many many doctors employed here are minorities. Whites make up only about 40% of the medical personnel even though the minorities only make up about 30% of the population if not less. Tells you something

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by englishmart(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
cococandy:

God didn’t create them differently. Oyibo is human like anyone else.

You guys in Africa and places like Africa are just more focused on superstitions, controlling women’s vaginas and what they do with their lives that you don’t put resources and time towards more important things.

African doctors and medical personnel in America are some of the smartest people the country has ever seen. Because they are in a country that encourages people to their fullpotentials.

In the hospital where I work, more than half of the many many doctors employed here are minorities. Whites make up only about 40% of the medical personnel even though the minorities only make up about 30% of the population if not less. Tells you something
Doesn't tell me anything. I told you to argue with your house rent. Am I your house rent?

3 Likes

Re: Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) by cococandy(f): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
englishmart:
Doesn't tell me anything. I told you to argue with your house rent. Am I your house rent?

Prime example of why you think white people are better than you are. Too proud to learn

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctors: We Shed Tears Of Joy After Receiving First Pay In Saudi Arabia / Kenyan Man With Biggest Manhood Undergoes Surgery (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.