Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" (1114 Views)

Delta State Of the West , see the tribe in delta state, No igbo ThisGlob e.com / No Palliatives Left In Ekiti State, No Palliatives Ware - Ekiti Government / Governor Wike: Rivers Is A Christian State – No Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by lawman88(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
I live in 'No man's land', Kano state

why do igbos call certain places in some states 'no man's land?'

To me, it is an affront on the authority of the states for igbos to come to a particular area in a state and because the develop properties in that area, name the place 'no man's land'.

Imagine Hausa people name any part of Abia state 'No man's land'. i believe all of them will be driven out of that area

Imagine Yoruba people name certain part of Enugu state 'No Man's land'. the state will use all weapons in it arsenal to deal with them. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Just ABAKILIKI STREET in Enugu state, the state govt changed it recently! they don't tolerate themselves, yet they want others to tolerate them

Igbos are really oppressing us in Nomansland, kano. in other part of kano such as Hotoro, Dakata, Naibawa, Gwarzo, Kabuga, Kwakwachi, which are all in kano metropoli, a three bedroom flat is between is between is between 80,000 TO 100,000 but in nomansland, a three bedroom flat is between 300,000 to 500,000. the simple REASON is because the properties are owned by igbos, not hausas.

what i will buy at the rate of 50 in hausa dominated area, it will be sold to me in nomanslad 200 by igbos. the entire sabon gari, kano state have been made too expensive for no hausas by igbos. if hausa oppress us the way igbos are oppressing us in kano, nobody will go to hausa land to live.

Note: i am from benue state (otukpo) and a lecturer in Bayero university. I am a christain

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by donbachi(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Give it to your students as an exam question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by kajoula(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
they are delusional

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
Seems igbos are now permanent tumour s in the blocked heads of haters.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
donbachi:
Give it to your students as an exam question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Thebwoy: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Igbos driving yoruba's and hausa out of their land

Have there been any case of igbos doing such act.
Huh!?
Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by lawman88(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
i know that Hausas/fulani do name places as SABO in other peoples state and SABO means NEW TOWN not 'NO MAN'S LAND'
Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
It is because most of the past and current governors in Lagos are not indegenes of the state.They came from other state and become godfathers in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Herdsmen: 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Full ish..oap ...

No go hustle.. people wey dey live for no-man's-land na two head Dem get?abi Dem dey complain..

Dey dia make pant dey wia..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by yourtotalneeds: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
ask the igbos na
Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Bane2020: 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
If the Igbos can come to your region and take over the wealth and economy therein, with the gaping opportunities? then you indigenes need to start asking yourselves serious questions. As for your No man's Land question, Igbos are not fulanis that want to annex lands with force and violence if necessary, we've never been known historically to be trouble makers. The whole No man's land is just a sarcastic rhetoric used to tell a bigger narrative (the so called host getting dominated on their own turf, and cry foul at the slightest opportunity... So it's basically adding salt to their injuries)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Kingspin(m): 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Dubai and London na no mans land.

Garbage thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Almaiga: 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
The reasons are; they always wish other parts of Nigeria belongs to them, their land is landlocked. The whole South East region is smaller that most States in Nigeria. Erosion has destroyed most part of their land. Everything they sell in the East is fake. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by mrbaba18(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
If u tink it is easy 2 go 2 another man land nd take over d economy Der wit just 20 ponds dn u knw y we dnt give a f**k wo owns d land. Abeg no 4get pay ur igbo landlord hus rent

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by allcomage: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
why not go those areas and rent apartments.you should know the quality and facilities in ibo man house na international standard. imagine 80k and 300k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by budusky05(m): 3:15am On Aug 21, 2018
They love stealing, they claim a lot, the igbo married women in my place drag lands a lot too.
Re: Why Do Igbos Call Certain Part Of Other People's State "No Man's Land?" by Ngokobo: 4:22am On Aug 21, 2018
The question is do they not buy the lands with their money? Did they get the lands for free! You sold your land and it’s no longer yours. Get it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Old Woman Attacked Me In Church, Forced Me To Pay Pension-peter Obi / Rivers APC Crises: Court Strikes Out Ojukaye/Amaechi File / What Apc Is Hiding Inside Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.