Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? (35322 Views)

2019 Presidential Result In Borno State / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Caseless: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
ebenholer:
ANALYSIS OF EACH CANDIDACY :
Fela Durotoye: Though May be visionary but seems not to have tractable record in Nigeria polity and has not been a tested leader.
Atiku Abubarka: He is a politician to the core but sorry they politicians have failed the nation so far. Also he is a wealth accumulator and has worldly life style.
Donald Duke: He is a simple and straight forward man who his influences in Cross River state cannot be easily forgotten. But we should be conscious of the unity of this nation. Cross River/Akwa Ibom state are full of ethnic bigots; they do all that will favour them only.
Sowore: Though not a tested leader in this nation yet he is a visionary man with his preparation so far(that relentless nature is needed to bring about positive change). He has been getting himself engaged with the polity. He is an academician like professor Osinbajo who has been contributory to the success realized so far by buhari. So he should have been an ideal candidate if next president should be from the south.
Saraki: He is a bold man who has been surviving against all odds despite his young age. In fact the pre sure from all angles is enough for any other person to give in to compromise but he did not. We need such for Nigeria polity. Also he is the only northern candidacy that can bring about unity of this nation. So I will go for him as a northern candidate.
Buhari: He is a bias man with a bias polity. Nigeria has witnessed the worst economy under him so far. His handling of herdmen killing is an evidence. Also, most of his appointees are either Muslims of northerners. He cried for nigerians when contesting but now laughs at Nigerians in pains. He is not cautious in comments for he has couple of time made statements that can instigate Nigerians against one another. His fight against corruption has been marred with bias. He has rendered the judiciary powerless through disobeying court order.In fact Nigeria is getting worst day-to-day under him. So it will totally be a wrong decision to vote him in once again.
Dakwambo: Another noryher with a humble nature though seems too cool to be decisive. He has really united Gombe state so far by bringing to both Christians and Muslims. Despite the low resources under his care he has made Gombe one of the notable states in the nation. However, he no has many enemies in the north by avoiding bias against Christians and other ethnic groups. He is a promising leader but not ripe for presidency for now.
Buhari has more Christian ministers than Muslims.

He has appointed more Christians than Muslims to his administration. Go and figure. Take your bigotry elsewhere.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by adeiza4u(m): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
I would have preferred Donald Duke but it's obvious he won't get the PDP's ticket. So I'll settle for Omoyele Sowore.
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Chibest2000(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
Atiku Abubakar is the right man, reasons;
1. Atiku is 100 percent ready for the job.
2. He is experienced politically haven served as a VP and knows how the presidency operates
3. He is personally business minded and economic oriented
4. He thinks like the youths and understands their plights (unemployment) not like other aspirants with 19th century ideas.
5. He is extremely wealthy to think of embezzling our money, in other words, he cannot embezzle more than he already has
6. Finally Atiku Abubakar is religiously neutral not a fanatic neither is he a tribalist like others.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by fk001(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
Butterflyle0:
PMB is sweeping the polls so far smiley

I dey tell you, Buhari don sweep the polls cheesy

Come 2019 that's how some Wailer's will not come out and vote, they are only good on online chest beating

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by ramdris(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
BUHARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by EsmeraldaR1(f): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Non,no one,that seat should remain vacant for the next four years.
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Butterflyle0: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
fk001:

I dey tell you, Buhari don sweep the polls cheesy

Come 2019 that's how some Wailer's will not come out and vote, they are only good on online chest beating

grin
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Butterflyle0: 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
EsmeraldaR1:
Non,no one,that seat should remain vacant for the next four years.

Vacant abi occupied?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by blacknp(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
okekefabi:
Mine is Atiku Abubaka because he has all it takes to unite this country, and he is not a nepotism.

Like for Atiku and Share for Buhari
You and Abubakar Atiku should be arrested for he is not a nepotism,do you concur or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Flexy2009(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Make somebody try some me love this evening
Ask me to send my account number for blessing
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by FBIL: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
After reading from pages 1-7, I lost interest in Nairaland. I resolved to never take any opinion in Nairaland seriously. Opinions here only showed Parochial and tribally-biased children, thinking that Nigeria revolves around their villages. They couldn't even wait to understand the question before jumping to naming names. We've really destroyed our future by graduating people who are empty in the brain to join the society.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by DonHummer(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
I still can't cant fathom how you people still wish for buhari to be president. someone who is physically and mentally drained. can you assign buhari to head your own personal organization/company?
it's obvious Nigerians are cursed with short memory. Are you guys destined to suffer?
No problem if buhari wins the next election by rigging but what would make me lose hope in this country is if young able men and women come out to vote for that man, then I will know that Nigeria is destined for failure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by fk001(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
pp802:
From all the collated opinions so far.....from page 1 to 6, see who is leading below:

PMB: 35
Donald Duke: 12
Sowore: 9
Atiku: 9
Saraki: 6
Muoghalu: 4
Durotoye: 2
Kwankwaso: 2
Akinwunmi Adesina: 1
Dankwabo: 1
Tambuwal: 1
Gbenga Olawepo: 1
Okotie: 1

How can PMB be leading with this dwindling economy? I Taya for Naija youths! You lots don't know what you want.
Thought you all wanted him out when recession was biting deep into the economy!

From this thread, I guess PMB will win again

Nice analysis

Kudos
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by koolbe(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fela Durotoye for President

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by sweetkev(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
Akabuking:

you get time ooo
Why him no go get time. He's working for his money

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Butterflyle0: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
DonHummer:
I still can't cant fathom how you people still wish for buhari to be president. someone who is physically and mentally drained. can you assign buhari to head your own personal organization/company?
it's obvious Nigerians are cursed with short memory. Are you guys destined to suffer?
No problem if buhari wins the next election by rigging but what would make me lose hope in this country is if young able men and women come out to vote for that man, then I will know that Nigeria is destined for failure.

Nigerians are actually blessed with very fine memories and we remember vividly what happened in the past 16 years of impunity and tyrannical looting under PDP.

We saw how in a time of plenty they still in some weird way seriously depleted our foreign reset es from about $60b to $27b and still borrowed to pay salaries.

Nigerians haven't forgotten how looting and stealing was like the air we breath. It was everywhere.

Nigeria is now destined for greatness and 80% of Nigerians encourage it to be sustained under PMB.

We say NEVER AGAIN TO PDP

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by DaRuud(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
DadaStephen1:
Let's sample opinions logically without abusing and insulting others.
Who's your choice and why ?
Your simple but intelligent analysis can convince others to reason along with you.

Let's see how analytical nairalanders can get.
PmB

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by mrkia(m): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
its PMB all the way.!!! Though, had it been this question was asked 2 to 3 months ago I would have undoubtedly told you otherwise. Reason being that this exodus defection has made me understood that defectors are actually those sabotaging PMB's effort at changing NIGERIA for better . It's only PMB that has our interest in mind. Though he has his own excesses but the alternatives are too heinous to contemplate....

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Shelumiel: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lovetoglory:
ruling a state is quite a different ball game my dear when it comes to ruling a country like Nigeria
A man who has been faithful in little will be faithful in bigger things . Nigeria needs people with a track record. And Donald Duke happens to be a man with a track record .
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by earnvest: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sowore, naturally.

Because:
1. He has a WAEC certificate that can be verified.
2. He has passed through a university (2 actually: UniLag and Columbia)
3. He has been consistently been in the side of the truth and has always fought for the progress of Nigeria (no be today something)
4. He is young and active and healthy (only a healthy president can take care of a sick nation like Nigeria)
5. He has not jumped into bed with compromised people (we hear some people are called 'mai gaskiya' but you look around them and every other person is stained, show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are)
6. He did not participate in the civil war and as such is not a bigot or a biased fellow (we will not hear about 97% and 5%)
7. He is not a religious fanatic (religion has not helped us in Nigeria; we sponsor people to Isreal and Saudi Arabia but find it hard to offer free education/ provide jobs)
8. He is not scared of the people he plans to lead (and as a result, has made the most outreach to Nigerians at home and abroad through townhalls and radio shows)
9. He has no god father or mother (had to float a brand new party just to be able to provide Nigerians with something totally different from the PDP and APC.
10. He has his manifesto where it can be seen, www.sowore2019.org and has provided, time and again, how he intends to execute his plans (including the #50k wage for corps members, which the FG is planning to implement, and the #100k minimum wage for federal workers, the FG is currently trying to implement #66k)
11. Has shown that he can run a lean government (has even proposed the idea of running a unicameral legislature).
12. He has never overthrown any democratically elected government (somebody said democracy was not the way in 1983 but is today enjoying its dividend and is even looking for a second term)
13. Most importantly, he has a job to fall back to after his tenure is over (I am not aware of any job that Buhari was engaged in before he became a civilian president)

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Shelumiel: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Cross river state has always been a tourist attraction for the last 120 years.
But it was never pronounced ...until Donald Duke came .
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by alabi484(m): 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
GogetterMD:

What vision? Someone that couldn't even make himself available for the gubernatorial election in his state
Lol... We have a skewed mentality in this Nigeria sha.
So, with all his track records and status as number one management consultant in Nigeria, his potentials, the possible team he'll have in his government, you choose to ask him to start from governorship election as if it is written anywhere in the constitution that you must start from councilorship level to become president.

Why Donald Trump no first become senator before qualifying to contest for president?
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by OMOTOWO(m): 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
roymary:

If elevating poverty level is your definition of good governance then you need your head checked. Buhari has been and will remain the most hypocritical leader to ever occupy that seat. His followers are real zombies. Its been 4 years of frustration and your very own family members would take sides with me on this one.

undecided
craze dey ur head!!na u go tell me who to vote for?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by DonHummer(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Nigerians are actually blessed with very fine memories and we remember vividly what happened in the past 16 years of impunity and tyrannical looting under PDP.

We saw how in a time of plenty they still in some weird way seriously depleted our foreign reset es from about $60b to $27b and still borrowed to pay salaries.

Nigerians haven't forgotten how looting and stealing was like the air we breath. It was everywhere.

Nigeria is now destined for greatness and 80% of Nigerians encourage it to be sustained under PMB.

We say NEVER AGAIN TO PDP
you don't get it do you?
do you think my argument is about pdp or apc?
if you work for APC I understand cause man must wack but from experience you should know too well that Nigerian politicians have no base, it's all about personal gains. They can change party @ any time. so if i may ask who is apc and who is pdp? Can't you people advice buhari not to run? As an individual buhari is inept of ideas and unintelligent and I am sure you know these facts. And if you think for one second that corruption has reduced by any means then is obvious you dont know what's up.
Is it a bad thing if we have reasonable men, technocrats contesting for the presidency from different political parties.
if by 2018 we are still seeing Buhari as our messiah then I give up on this nation.
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by tambiri77: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
As for me I will go for Buhari.
The man is not corrupt like most of his contenders
The man is a sincere man compare to others which we have tested but not trusted.
The man is focus on diversified the economy and it's have started hide positive result at least for once Nigeria can be proud of feeding themselves.
The man is determine to complete all the abandon project in the country.
The man is focus in fixing most of the federal road.
The provision of power supply have dramatically improve during his tenure.
For now Buhari is choice for 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Butterflyle0: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
DonHummer:

you don't get it do you?
do you think my argument is about pdp or apc?
if you work for APC I understand cause man must wack but from experience you should know too well that Nigerian politicians have no base, it's all about personal gains. They can change party @ any time. so if i may ask who is apc and who is pdp? Can't you people advice buhari not to run? As an individual buhari is inept of ideas and unintelligent and I am sure you know these facts. And if you think for one second that corruption has reduced by any means then is obvious you dont know what's up.
Is it a bad thing if we have reasonable men, technocrats contesting for the presidency from different political parties.
if by 2018 we are still seeing Buhari as our messiah then I give up on this nation.

Shut up and swerve! Who works for APC?

I have tasted and seen the past and the present and I am wise enough to tell the difference.

I am standing with Buhari with all my heart FOR FREE!

I would rather demand that you tell those CUPP of looters and thieves in PDP not to run because me and 80% of Nigerians are going to disgrace them in 2019.

This is the first time in the history of Nigeria that the rich are ganging up against Buhari. Its obvious he is pinching them where it hurts and we see too many common citizens thankful and smiling.if you wish to pretend to yourself, go ahead but most of us know the truth and we would NEVER deny them and we most definitely would NEVER want PDP EVER AGAIN!!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by xest(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Standardcosting:
I would have said Saraki.. but he's fvckingly selfish

I would have said Sowore... But all he has is wishes and wishlist.. no blue print

I would have said Atiku.. but what is he coming to do?

But Buhari is not only ethnocentric, he's also too old!

However, since no other credible candidate on ground

So BUHARI ALL THE WAY!!!
failed youth, I pity u

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Standardcosting(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2018
xest:
failed youth, I pity u
Pity yourself first

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by DonHummer(m): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Shut up and swerve! Who works for APC?

I have tasted and seen the past and the present and I am wise enough to tell the difference.

I am standing with Buhari with all my heart FOR FREE!

I would rather demand that you tell those CUPP of looters and thieves in PDP not to run because me and 80% of Nigerians are going to disgrace them in 2019.

This is the first time in the history of Nigeria that the rich are ganging up against Buhari. It sobviius he is pinching them where it hurts and we see too many common citizens thankful and smiling.if you wish to pretend to yourself, go ahead but most of us know the truth and we would NEVER deny them and we most definitely would NEVER want PDP EVER AGAIN!!
I just went through your topics then I saw what I needed.
you are a full time APC agent. probably in the zombie class. can't waste my ideas on someone who has been programmed.
Good Night
Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
for my vote to count,im sending it to daura.pmb osinbajo d annointed duo

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by Butterflyle0: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
DonHummer:

I just went through your topics then I saw what I needed.
you are a full time APC agent. probably in the zombie class. can't waste my ideas on someone who has been programmed.
Good Night

You don't need to kill yourself. Wailing does not need to be a full time profession for you.

I am a free lover and supporter of PMB.

I don't need to be paid a dime to stand by a man I see as genuine and loaded with goodwill for the nation and who has chosen the best vice president Nigeria has ever had.

I am a christian from the south and I stand with good and growth.

Perhaps the 80% of nairalanders here who also want Buhari to continue are also APC agents .

Your wailing will quadruple until 2023 because PMB is the man the people want and there is nothing your one vote can do to stop it.

If you had the luxury of ideas you wouldn't be talking foolishly like a rètard.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? by MakeNigeriaGrea: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
nely:
I will choose Buhari, not that I like him or he is the best but no other Candidates can defeat him in the next election, Forget about all this online get your PVC, APC are damn serious, they have started buying votes for next year elections and they would win where people least expected, (Am not a BMC member or an APC member) and talking from facts I have seen from most of there ward agents, PDP needs to wake up and work if they intend to win and online doesn't win elections, most of them don't have voters card or they will not go out and vote, so that's why am picking Buhari to win again..
This is the problem. You would vote for a destroyer because others aren't serious. Our Mumu never do. By 2023,your Mumu go do. I go don leave this country for foolish people before that time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick / Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve / Oyo Dry Port: Seyi Makinde Inspects Ongoing Construction At The Site - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.