Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve (35299 Views)

Whether You Voted For Me Or Not, I Am Your President - Tinubu (Video) / Gbemi Saraki To Oversee Maritime Sector, Amaechi To Oversee Railway Sector / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by politicoNG: 6:39am On Jan 21
Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, has said that Nigerians get what they deserve because they always have an opportunity to vote.

In an interview with ARISE NEWS on Saturday, the former Rivers State Governor also stated that the country is a land of opportunities and encouraged citizens to stay back rather than emigrate.

“Nigerians get what they want, Nigerians get what they deserve. You don’t complain after. Nigerians at all times have had the opportunity to vote and whatever you voted for is what you deserve.

“I’ve always discouraged the people who want to leave the country. I say, if you want a 9 to 5, yes you can always get that when you leave the country, but you can never get the opportunity we have in Nigeria. You can just wake up one day, you become a minister and you can just wake up one day and you become a governor. It just happens. So, if you are looking for opportunities, please stay back in Nigeria but if you are looking for a 9 to 5, then you can go.”

Amaechi stated that his fear of God stands him out from among other elites and politicians in the country.

“The difference between me and most Nigerian elites is that I say things the way it is and I say it unknowingly. It is the way God has brought me up and I will tell you the truth even if you put a gun on my head. I’ve always believed that the reason I acquired that character is because of my fear of God. I’ve always believed that I should go to heaven and one way to do that is to be honest with mankind and with yourself.

“When you are wrong, you say you are sorry. I choose to be honest all my life. I don’t want to be politically correct and if diplomacy means lying, then I won’t lie. The best or worst you can get of me at that particular time is to walk away from that place instead of lying.

He further advised young people in Nigeria to push their way through to get into a place of decision making especially regarding the economy of Nigeria, adding the need to expand it for more persons to come in.

“The problem we have in Nigeria is that the moment you have that opportunity, you don’t want to expand that economy to allow more people to come in. The reason we have crime is because the economy is too small and would not be able to accommodate everybody. If all of us start working in Shell now, there would be no time to go and rob or kill because you leave at 6am and by the time you come back at 6pm, you will be tired, so, my advice to them is to get your degree if you can and if you can’t, well, I am lucky.”

When asked if he was done with his political career, the former Rivers governor refused to give a response.

https://www.arise.tv/ameachi-to-nigerians-stay-back-if-youre-looking-for-opportunities-dont-emigrate/

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by LEARNPYTHON(m): 6:40am On Jan 21
grin

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by God1000(m): 6:41am On Jan 21
Stupid man, he defended Buhari and his ineptitude for good eight years, they talk and pretend to be on the side of masses when they are no longer in government

542 Likes 59 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Northernblood8(m): 6:42am On Jan 21
Well said. Some people will vote in criminals and expect them not to steal just because they are from same tribe.

I think most of these mentality of reaping what you didn't sow started from the Church. Pastor always tell members that This year will be better than last year if you shout the loudest Amen. Instead of telling them what they did wrong last year to shape this year better.

God1000:
Stupid man, he defended Buhari and his ineptitude for good eight years, they talk and pretend to be on the side of masses when they are no longer in government

You are part of the Yoruba people that condemned ESN and Israel for always giving it hot to Terrorists. Defending the drug barron with his terrorist Vice.

Now you are here claiming saint because what you wished for Ndi Igbo is upon you.

153 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Cooldowntemper: 6:45am On Jan 21
God1000:

What chased you from were your Quoran was quoted back at you ?

71 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Okoroawusa: 6:45am On Jan 21
Please forget the headline and read the article. His statement was a generic one and he said much more than the headline that was sensationalized to draw you in

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by NwaAmaikpe: 6:48am On Jan 21
shocked

I've always and will always admire the Lion of Ubima. Anyone who knows him, knows he is blunt, honest and devoid of sentiments.
Even while serving under Buhari he did not shy away from saying that Nigerians were suffering and hated the administration.

Nigerians deserve the type of leaders they get. How will any sane human being collect money at polling booths, or vote incompetence based on ethnoreligious sentiments and expect accountability from the one who has bought your vote or performance from the one who knows nothing about the office?

Even girls have the conscience to know that a man who bought them sharwarma, fresh fish pepper soup and Smirnoff Ice merits their kpekus by default.

Likewise we must imbibe that culture and accept that a politician who spent his life savings and incurred debts just to buy our votes merits looting the treasury dry after assuming office by default.

197 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Dnet70: 6:49am On Jan 21
He said noting wrong

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by money121(m): 7:03am On Jan 21
See talk

At least you are among those that put the country in this mess stage

So you no get word for mouth

Shaago bu Igoo

Bird of same feather

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by LilyColin(f): 7:04am On Jan 21
NO CAP💯

Even though Amaechi seff na very useless and evil polithiefian.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by LibertyRep: 7:04am On Jan 21
They always know the solution after leaving office.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by pyyxxaro: 7:05am On Jan 21
Shaaaraaap

Like he would have done better 😏

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by manutdrichie(m): 7:05am On Jan 21
Like you are better

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by MrPresident1: 7:05am On Jan 21
Our real leaders are coming. Christ and his Ubermensch

Then we will throw away the yoke of the wicked, and we will luxuriate in the Lord our God forever

The LORD will redeem his people for his great name sake

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by EverythingPhone(m): 7:05am On Jan 21
….
Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by obonujoker(m): 7:06am On Jan 21
Not so much.

You politicians always subvert the people's choice but stealing votes and disenfranchising voter's.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by dalongjnr: 7:06am On Jan 21
That's why I like this man.
He's a Frank person.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by elasticlala: 7:07am On Jan 21
There is no sense in what he said.
How many people can become governors or ministers in Nigeria ? What is the population of Nigeria ? What is the probability that someone drawn from a million population can be a governor or a minister ?

If I have to become a governor or minister in a country before I can live a good life or say I have achieved something in life then, that is not a county..

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by finni(m): 7:08am On Jan 21
Coming from a man that have never worked anywhere else but eating from government pulse all his life. Smh!

politicoNG:

https://www.arise.tv/ameachi-to-nigerians-stay-back-if-youre-looking-for-opportunities-dont-emigrate/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Judolisco(m): 7:08am On Jan 21
Mr rotimi ameachi no even suppose dey talk walai.... Dis busuru ganged up with d northerners to remove his kingsman Jonathan and gave us buhari in 2013....baba no even talk oh, jst chill dey enjoy your sef

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Bobloco: 7:09am On Jan 21
“Nigerians get what they want, Nigerians get what they deserve. You don’t complain after. Nigerians at all times have had the opportunity to vote and whatever you voted for is what you deserve.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:09am On Jan 21
Well you said it right even though you were also part of the government that has been ravaging this country for long. I learnt he's now a singer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Whalis: 7:10am On Jan 21
This is the architect of Nigeria present woes. Amaechi single handedly made Buhari president with lies as seen presently against Jonathan. Buhari came and started to carry out surgical operations on Nigerians without anesthesia. This is where we are. I used Ghana Cedi to gauge how well naira is performing. In 2014 one Cedi was seventy seven naira today one Cedi is one hundred and fifteen naira.
No blame to Buhari. No blame to Tinubu. It was Amaechi who brought them in to expose their ineptitude.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Kenochi(m): 7:10am On Jan 21
Hi

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by eazzzy1(m): 7:11am On Jan 21
People vote according to the options they have. Sometimes they have no choice than to vote the least worst person.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Bobloco: 7:13am On Jan 21
finni:
Coming from a man that have never worked anywhere else but eating from government pulse all his life. Smh!

He even acknowledged that in his comments.

“I’ve always discouraged the people who want to leave the country. I say, if you want a 9 to 5, yes you can always get that when you leave the country, but you can never get the opportunity we have in Nigeria. You can just wake up one day, you become a minister and you can just wake up one day and you become a governor. It just happens. So, if you are looking for opportunities, please stay back in Nigeria but if you are looking for a 9 to 5, then you can go.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by boxypane(m): 7:14am On Jan 21
Someone needs to shut this man up. All of a sudden, he's a messiah with a message. He should rest abeg.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by coputa(m): 7:15am On Jan 21
Look at another clown and traitor,he betrayed the entire south and supported incompetence and failure.

Does vote even count in Nigeria

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Lookawaybrand: 7:16am On Jan 21
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I've always and will always admire the Lion of Ubima. Anyone who knows him, knows he is blunt, honest and devoid of sentiments.

Nigerians deserve the type of leaders they get. How will any sane human being collect money at polling booths, or vote incompetence based on ethnoreligious sentiments and expect accountability from the one who has bought your vote or performance from the one who knows nothing about the office?

Even girls have the conscience to know that a man who bought them sharwarma, fresh fish pepper soup and Smirnoff Ice merits their kpekus by default.

Likewise we must imbibe that culture and accept that a politician who spent his life savings and incurred debts just to buy our votes merits looting the treasury dry after assuming office by default.

Was he also blunt and honest in his 8years with Buhari? Or he's just because he didn't get appointment this time around?

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by badoh(m): 7:16am On Jan 21
Imagine this man spending millions of dollars to construct rail line from Maradi to Niger republic. Do you know what that amount would have done to Nigerian economy if that fund is diverted to improve power or equip hospitals to world class standard or construct good roads. He wasted Nigeria forex on irresponsible projects in order to please his paymasters.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Oscarchims: 7:17am On Jan 21
You had opportunities as minister yet he forgot Rivers State needed a train system... What if tinubu had discontinued the system... Yes he did well as a governor but to Rivers as a minister, his performance to Rivers was an abysmal failure.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve by Addme: 7:17am On Jan 21
Okoroawusa:
Please forget the headline and read the article. His statement was a generic one and he said much more than the headline that was sensationalized to draw you in
Even the op had to change the headline from the source.
The source headline reads " Stay back if you are looking for Opportunities,Don't migrate"

Some people can be very funny but to what end?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick / Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.